Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
billy_bayonet
swordiris
Gaxe
reim0027
DamageCK
DoughGuy
Ghadis_God
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
OgnarPliskin
13 posters

Is my build appropriate for PvP?

TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Is my build appropriate for PvP? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is my build appropriate for PvP?

Post by TehInfamousAmos Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:14 pm

Made the build more viable bro - this is better suited for it - when 2hing your clay you have higher AR than before and the exact same ar you used to have when 1hing http://tinyurl.com/ctbduku
    OgnarPliskin
    OgnarPliskin

Is my build appropriate for PvP? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is my build appropriate for PvP?

Post by OgnarPliskin Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:20 pm

That looks worth trying. I have a Grass Crest Shield, but I didn't get the Giant gear before starting my recent game, so it won't be for a bit until I get it.

I see some debate over the Man-Serprent Great Sword and the Claymore, though. What's the difference?
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:52 pm

Claymore would have a better moveset for you - MSGS also weighs more and swings slower. MSGS is more for pure str.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:25 pm

The difference in swing speed is almost insignificant between the two, and I like the MSGS's 2h moveset better than the Clay's, the clay really only has the rolling poke and the 1h R2 as better moves. Saying it's for pure strength doesn't change the fact that it will do more damage even though the Clay scales on two stats.
    Saxonberserker
    Saxonberserker
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Saxonberserker Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:39 pm

Its a bit like my main build and it works fine at PvP. I do have to be carefull around ultra great swords and stun lock, but I win as much as I lose.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4272501591732630
    OgnarPliskin
    OgnarPliskin

Post by OgnarPliskin Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:06 pm

I just fought someone who pretty much just trolled me. He had DWGR, Katana, and Grass Crest Shield, but all he did the whole fight was flip back and forth. I couldn't catch him, and he'd wait until my Crystal Magic Weapon was finished, then attack. I could beat his Poise in the clash, but I could never finish him off. He goes back and heals, and repeats until I'm dead.

How do I catch him?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:41 pm

That is one of the limitations of Sorcery. You encourage turtling until you run out. Mix up melee into the mix and make your magic less predtctable.
    OgnarPliskin
    OgnarPliskin

Post by OgnarPliskin Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:46 am

Never thought of it that way. Current setup.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4164356745028900
    OgnarPliskin
    OgnarPliskin

Post by OgnarPliskin Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:03 am

Pardon the double post.

I just faced someone who used a spear-shield combination. He did heavy damage, used a lightning spear, and I could never hit him because he just shielded / rolled the entire time. I don't know how to deal with that combination.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:38 am

Ah yes. Turtles. Gotta love 'em. Rage seems to work best for me. silly

You could try BS (if he is rolling) or dead angles if you can get close enough to him. If he spams R1 with his spear, let the first one hit you, L2 ASAP (as soon as it hits you), and you should parry his next swing.
    OgnarPliskin
    OgnarPliskin

Post by OgnarPliskin Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:39 am

I'll try parrying. I'm worried about dead angles since it doesn't seem practical and I don't know how to get a backstab on anyone.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:09 am

You're still comming into the basics, spear turtles, BS fishers, eventually you'll probably see someone who is artful at throwing fireballs unlocked and it seems like they can't miss.

Just keep at it and you'll notice improvments little by little.

Something I would advise learning sooner rather than later if you plan to use buffs ever again is the take off target lock and stay near your opponent untill he starts his roll/flip manually point yourself where he will end up and hit him with the claymore.
    OgnarPliskin
    OgnarPliskin

Post by OgnarPliskin Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:10 am

I feel like I'm asking for a free backstab if I do that.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:14 am

At first you probably will be. You don't have to be unlocked the whole time, just take it off as the roll starts, aim your swing then re-lock on as you hit them.
    Swiftie
    Swiftie
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Swiftie Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:05 pm

This is my suggestion

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=2021122767516842

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:19 am