Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Pesth
swordiris
Uparkaam
ChizFreak
DamageCK
Gazman0169
billy_bayonet
ICEFANG
barrywilkins
cloudyeki
Ghadis_God
Bloodios
GrinTwist
Tolvo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Maneater_Mildred
ViralEnsign_
Noob-of-Artorias
22 posters

Create a Ring

cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Create a Ring - Page 2 Empty Re: Create a Ring

Post by cloudyeki Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:36 am

Because the poise bonus? Imagine when they find out what it's like getting 3 CSS' to the face, or getting locked in a WoG spam because they have too much poise to just be knocked over.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:38 am

I don't know, in most cases it seems like it would give such a huge advantage. Then again, Havel's and DWGR couldn't both be equipped with it. I guess I don't know if the defense, poise, weight ratio would work as well without either DWGR, or Havel's.
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:26 am

the ring of the backless.

description:

special ring owned by the chanellers of seeth the scaleless. this ring allowed the legendary snatchers of the duke to steal maidens without fear of their backs being stabbed. it prevented any back attack from stopping them in their tracks.

effect: backstabs no longer initiate a cutscene, and do half critical damage. you can no longer backstab while wearing this ring.

hidden bonus effect that no one will figure out until the games been out for 12 years: it adds damage to the channelers tridents 2h r2. (scales with resistance)
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:29 am

Oh the irony, servants of a backstabber that can't be backstabbed.
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:30 am

barrywilkins wrote:the ring of the backless.

description:

special ring owned by the chanellers of seeth the scaleless. this ring allowed the legendary snatchers of the duke to steal maidens without fear of their backs being stabbed. it prevented any back attack from stopping them in their tracks.

effect: backstabs no longer initiate a cutscene, and do half critical damage. you can no longer backstab while wearing this ring.

hidden bonus effect that no one will figure out until the games been out for 12 years: it adds damage to the channelers tridents 2h r2. (scales with resistance)
    I'd pay money for this...
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:33 am

anyone tried performing the trident dance while some one tries to plunging attack you, maybe you'll impale them!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:34 am

Happened once, I died...But the Crystal Hollows sure did slaughter the host so I got my reward.
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:06 am

Tolvo wrote:Happened once, I died...But the Crystal Hollows sure did slaughter the host so I got my reward.
    When invading in Dukes, my favorite thing in the world is to keep luring hosts up and getting them to fight the crystal hollows, make them waste their estus. Then I lure em over to an open fall and kick em off =D. GRAVITY!!!
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:45 am

Its interesting people really seem to want risk and reward rings. I think a ring that halves your casts, but gives you double HP would be great!

Perhaps a ring that made your stamina and hp bar into one, your health regenerates, but you can't attack too much or you'll kill yourself (you know, that sounds too good).

I always thought a hp regen would be kinda cool, but Ring of Evil Eye is already like that.

I will sleep on it and think of a good one tomorrow!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:53 am

Then what would happen if you just wore it as a pyromancer. You'd have double HP for no cost.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:55 am

I was joking silly I don't even like using magic, and double HP is too great an advantage for almost any negative effect.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:51 am

"Ring of Silence"

This ring was crafted to combat Magic, it radiates a pulse from the wearer preventing All castings within the Area, But you yourself are unable to use any magic too.

"Ring of the Berserker"

This ring belonged to the Great Barbarian King (insert name), Those who wear this ring and embrace the Bloodlust inside will be an unstopable force of death.
    Can only be used while not wearing any form of Armour, Increases Defense 200% Resistance 200% all forms of damage by 200%, 2nd ring slot cannot be used

"Ring of the Four"
    This ring belonged to the Four kings of New londo it would add 500 Points of magic Damage onto any equipped weapon, at the risk of having your All your resistances to Magic fire and Lightning Reduced to Zero

"Ring of the Hunter"
    This Ancient Ring could Sense Enemy Phantoms, if you were outnumbered the Ring would Activate a devastating Auto counter, if 2 hits from 2 seperate Enemies were received wtihing 3 seconds of each other
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:10 pm

Ring of the Beguiled: Wearing this ring would compel a nearby Enemy to fight by your side

Ring of Training: Wearing this ring would allow you to take and deal out minimal damage

Ring of Protection: Wearing this ring would completely shield the wearer from any summoned phantoms when invading a Host world = no more ganking! big grin

Ring of the Accursed Warrior: Wearing this ring would increase the wearers damage output by 50%, but would half his/her HP bar and would slowly drain his/her Stamina bar

Ring of the Commander: Wearing this ring would compel up to five enemies to fight by your side

Ring of the Glass Jaw: Wearing this ring would make you completely impervious to any damage from the neck down

The Vampire's Eye Ring: Causing bleed damage whilst wearing this ring would slowly rejuvenate the wearers HP bar all the while the bleed effect was in place
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:29 pm

Reverse Hornet ring. Crits do x% less damage to you. I think that's legit.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:22 pm

Turtle Carapace Ring.

All damage received from the back (including backstabs), is reduced by 80%.

"Rumors said that this ring was created at the same time the Giant Turtles extincted during the Age of Ancients. Surely, there is no connection."
    "The wearer gains the characteristic resistance in the back of a turtle carapace."
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:08 pm

Ring of the Tower Knight:

When this ring is equipped you'll hear the Tower Knight theme looping over and over again. All other players in the same world as you will also hear the music. If you take too many hits to your ankles you'll fall over.

Party Ring:

This ring gives you an unlimited supply of prism stones.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:13 pm

How about one that is the opposite of Hornets ring.

Decreases damage from critical attacks.

If your opponent has hornets the effects cancel each other out.

EDIT: sorry ninja'd by CK lol.

Last edited by swordiris on Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:38 pm

Berzerker Ring (different then what billy thought)

Every time you loses a percentage of health your physical damage raises.
    80% health +5% dmg
    60% health +10% dmg
    40% health +15% dmg
    20% health +20% dmg

man... this with Red tearstone ring and power within would be a BEAST!

A ring with piercing damage would be cool to,

if the host (or mob) is too close from another phanton (or mob ¬¬) the target takes 70% the damage and the person next to him take the another 30% (fighting 3 person close to each other would do 60%/20%/20%)

this would be awesome i think
    xtal84
    xtal84
    Regular
    Regular

Post by xtal84 Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:29 pm

Ring of Approbation - Worn by phantoms seeking commendations, allows a host summoner to rate phantoms who enter their world after they depart, including the option to send that player a gift, manifested as a vagrant in the phantom player's own world. [Arguably this could just be a feature in the game, too!]

Ring of Projection - Adds one attunement slot with the one-use ability "Projection" - Allows its wearer to project a phantom clone in its own world to fight for the wearer for 60 seconds. Soul intake is halved, but items retrieved will be returned to the ring wearer. Said wearer goes into a meditative state but can still be harmed.

Clarity Ring - Allows its wearer to avoid an otherwise fatal blow and in turn automatically strike back for a critical hit. Each invocation of the ring's power renders it useless for 300 seconds, during which time it cannot be removed.

Ring of True Undeath - Bleed damage has no effect. Wearer also regenerates 5hp/sec. Halves HP.

Carrion Ring - Relinquishes all of its wearer's soft humanity in exchange for a 100% increase to poison and toxin resistance. [Basically a less crappy Poisonbite ring.]

Crestfallen Ring - When all humanity is lost, the wearer's physical resistance improves by 25% [More applicable Steel Protection Ring. Obtained by defeating Crestfallen Warrior, but only if he has moved to New Londo.]

Ceaseless Fool's Ring - Any item dropped and left on the ground for 30 seconds will form a vagrant, but be lost in the process. +6 to +10 items spawn more powerful vagrants which drop various titanite shards. +11 to +14 items spawn vagrants which drop various titanite chunks. +15 items spawn vagrants which will drop a shard, chunk, and possibly a random slab. If the vagrant kills the player it moves to another world where both its strength and drop rate increase. This process will continue until the vagrant is defeated.

Ring of the Devoted Mender - Doubles the available uses of all sorcery remedies and healing/replenishing miracles. [Obtained with the Sealer's set in Blighttown.]

Ring of the Sun's Firstborn - This ring already exists, of course, but I think a good (hidden) feature for it would have been to initiate a brief dialogue with Gwyn before fighting him-- only if you are wearing it, obviously-- where he asks how you came to possess the ring, and ultimately reveals the identity of the firstborn to you, putting all that speculation to rest!
    VinheimProfessor
    VinheimProfessor
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by VinheimProfessor Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:07 pm

1) Gold Ouroboros Ring: Creates an extra spell slot for a status effects only (i.e. only Hush, Aural Decoy, Hidden Body, Cast Light, Chameleon, Repair Item, Repair Weapon, Hidden Weapon, etc.). The concept is that this ring would accent the Dragon Rings by making it possible for a sorcerer to focus on war-like powers by providing extra survivability.

2) Ring of Velka's Rules: A ring that creates two homing soul mass type missiles that automatically fire into an enemy after you are hit. The damage is minimal, but the resulting impact sends a shockwave similar to Emit Force in the direction of the attack. The missiles automatically regenerate after two minutes.

3) Ring of the Golden Slitted Eye: A cursed ring that nonetheless has advantages for the most powerful adventurers. It causes the scent of blood to accompany the wearer, inflicts a slowly bleeding wound and enemies react to this by thinking you are easy pickings. It causes nearby enemies to be buffed as if a Channeler had done a trident dance and they mindlessly attack you instead of adopting defensive strategies. The soul output is increased by three times and the item find stat is increased to 90%. The downside is that your hp is lowered each second until you only have 1 left. Good for farming or clearing an area but confidence easily cause the user to lose everything they've worked for.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:56 pm

Contagion Ring

When you get hit, you, and enemies nearby, receive toxic (unknown how much would be fair, probably like half a dung pie).

Like a working way of Karmic Justice.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:46 pm

Ring of Malice and Devestation
    20% increase in AR
    20% increase in castings
    20% increase to all defense stats
    Breaks when removed.

Purple Tearstone Ring
    When below 20% maximum health, +25% attack power, +25% armor rating, 95% critical damage immunity.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:47 pm

I want to be invisible.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:20 am