Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Who's in the wrong here, and someone PVP with me, LV ~650 PS3.

embraceofthorns

Who's in the wrong here, and someone PVP with me, LV ~650 PS3. Empty Who's in the wrong here, and someone PVP with me, LV ~650 PS3.

Post by embraceofthorns Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:43 am

Okay guys, I'm new here (first post), (but that's beyond the point) and I have a question regarding an argument I got in PVP. As we all know, PVP from Dark Souls is ridiculously broken when compared to Demon's Souls PVP. and why lie, when someone invades me, the first thing I do is go for a back stab. Why? because whenever I used to try and play fair (no back stabs, unless, of course they ask for it) I get back stabbed, and it's aggravating, so I just got smart about it and started doing it myself. okay, anyways. I ran up to the invader, he casts WOTG which stuns me, and then goes for the back stab. I message him saying how cheap he is for doing so. And he messages me back saying it's the best tactic against people that try for a back stab. So here's my point: who's in the wrong here? me for going for the back stab, how the game is played (not how it was intended to be played but still played none the less) or him for attempting to be a judging force? also, Gamer ID: EmbraceOfThorns. Look Skyward
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Who's in the wrong here, and someone PVP with me, LV ~650 PS3. Empty Re: Who's in the wrong here, and someone PVP with me, LV ~650 PS3.

Post by DamageCK Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:52 am

I mean, you both tried to BS so why are you trying to determine who's wrong? Since you both tried to do the same thing, if either one of you is "wrong", the other is also "wrong" by default. And good luck finding people on these forums who want to duel a lvl650 build.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Who's in the wrong here, and someone PVP with me, LV ~650 PS3. Empty Re: Who's in the wrong here, and someone PVP with me, LV ~650 PS3.

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:54 am

Niether really. You admit you were going for the BS and him for the WoG stun (which IMO is a good tactic) and then his BS. Both of you probably would have BSed anyway so does it really matter?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:54 am

Sounds like the both of you are propagating this tedious PvP environment... :|

Neither one of you is in the right or in the wrong.
    embraceofthorns

Post by embraceofthorns Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:59 am

I understand what you all are saying. I just find WOTG -> Back stab an insanely cheap tactic. Thank you for clearing this up for me.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:59 am

Well he won.

That's about the long and short of it.

Backstabs ARE a part of the game, they are SUPPOSED to be a tool. obviously if it's a players only tool beating them will be simple, backstabs are used to punish unsafe telegraphed predictable behavior patterns. Wrath is one of the tools that can be used to stop backstab attempts that are unwarranted. (note, by unwarranted I mean you went straight for a backstab with no regards to if he has used anything punishable, if he had whiffed a slowish attack you'd have BSed before wotg happened)

While I don't agree WotG is the *Best* tactic against BS attempts it's a practical one.

Idealogically you were right about trying to do whatever it is you need to win a fight, and he was similarly right to use an appropriate counter to stop you. I do not think however that the scenario called for insinuating wotg is "cheap" as it is not so hard to counter that it should pose a signifigant threat all the time.
    embraceofthorns

Post by embraceofthorns Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:04 am

I agree that WOTG is useful if someone is trying to go for the back stab. I just feel that having an enchanted capra demon sword and retaliating in that way is a bit broken, and in my opinion, what made it a cheap tactic.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:09 am

well I can't imagine at SL~650 there are many weapons that do not do insanity level damage with a BS. Theoretically Artorious CCBB scaling would be immeasurably strong at high stat levels.

A lot of people reccomend SL 120 for pvp as it's high enough to have good diversity in builds and low enough that double scaling doesn't cause One hit KOs often so long as you invest a little over 40 into Vitality.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:20 am