Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Knight Alundil
barrywilkins
lordgodofhell
omega Elf
GkMrBane
DarkW17
Rudmed
ithunktwice
Forum Pirate
Spurgun
Rifter7
Rynn
16 posters

You know what i just realized?

Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

You know what i just realized? - Page 2 Empty Re: You know what i just realized?

Post by Spurgun Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:15 am

Lol. I wonder why everyone assumes that everyone is a guy?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

You know what i just realized? - Page 2 Empty Re: You know what i just realized?

Post by Rynn Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:16 am

Rudmed wrote:Gankers beware....one mistake, and this guy will kill you....that's a promise.
    Here is how my brawls usually go right now with Gankers.

>casts Crystal Magic Weapon
    >Backstabs host/phantom for 1800 damage.
    >if they stand up, continue the fight, possibly die/dashboard.
    >next time i invade, throw on Power Within at the same time... get 2600 damage backstabs and don't even check if they got back up, since the probability is 0%, barring modified save data.

I generally only get killed because they got more HP then i think they will have right now. Some duelists can fight me, because if you're dueling, i'm not backstab fishing (which i am shamefully unbeatable at.), and my PvPing skills could use a bit of refinement, as several of our X-box fighters could attest to.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:19 am

You can stay out of my world with that build all you want. I'd rather not get one-shotted.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:22 am

who cares if someones a guy or a girl online. treat em like a gamer.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:23 am

Rifter7 wrote:who cares if someones a guy or a girl online. treat em like a gamer.

Who are you talking to?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:25 am

I assume guy unless I'm told otherwise because all my gamer friends are male, but I don't see it as relevant either way. To me, you are all names and avatars devoid of gender or race unless you make a point of saying something or a gender specific conversation is taking place.

Many of my ganker encounters go:
    >Spawn
    > run around coner
    >instant kill fire tempest

(I pvp mostly at sl80)

Incedentally, how much damage does fire tempest actually do? I don't have a pyro above 80, so I've yet to see anyone survive a successful hit.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:39 am

Spurgun wrote:
    Rifter7 wrote:who cares if someones a guy or a girl online. treat em like a gamer.

Who are you talking to?
    to you obviously, and it's how i feel whenver someone brings up my gender as a point. you got killed by me, yes... but my gender only makes me very remotely "inferior" at games, purely because of how a girl is statistically likely to have worse hand-eye-coordination, as well as other skills related to driving. this is because of how our species evolved, and a good 99% of the time, the differences in our genders sum up to pretty much nothing. So enough of that boy/girl talk.

Fire Tempest, with the Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring, and Dusk Crown on, does 1100 damage against an enemy that is not running, or doing anything else that gives you counter damage.

Generally you will hit the enemy after a roll, or while they are charging at you/have their shield up, this causes you to do counter damage which rakes you up to 1550 damage per hit. Fire Tempest can often hit twice, which rakes up a lot of instant deaths at any level.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:43 am

I was just correcting a mistake. If someone called me a girl then i would say that i´m a guy. I didn´t mean to bring up a gender debate. It´s just that i know your a girl, IE if someone calls you a guy then i correct that. I would do the same with names, country etc.
    Prostration
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:05 am

Thanks, that definitely explains why I've never seen anyone survive it, even the full giants/Mom/fap guys at sl 90 with 2200 hp. I'll preay that my luck continues.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:10 am

I've seen a guy survive it once.
    I was the guy; permanent flash sweat mode activated.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:23 am

Lol, I have a demons spear and an uchi as a last resort. (i menu swap it to my empty slot)

If you're interested in seeing http://tinyurl.com/9xltdds is what I'm using, any random tips would be appreciated. There are some gankers smart enough to refuse to chase me after all, and those fights get seriously hairy.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:37 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Lol, I have a demons spear and an uchi as a last resort. (i menu swap it to my empty slot)

If you're interested in seeing http://tinyurl.com/9xltdds is what I'm using, any random tips would be appreciated. There are some gankers smart enough to refuse to chase me after all, and those fights get seriously hairy.
    Menu Swap the Wolf into a hornets, equip a rapier, and make chase.
    You can use Tempest in the wide open too, all you have to do is make chase.

There is 3 great places for tempest actually, The Staircase, the Tree's, and right in front of their face. If they don't follow you to the stairs, roll past them to the tree's. If the tree's are dead, switch out to hornet ring, then log a Great fireball at them, followed by either a backstab or a Fire Tempest. The gankers will be close enough to you at this point that they will either try to get a backstab anyway, or 1 or both of them will not get away in time.
    Bonus points if they were fighting tree's. Do it inbetween their escape from the tree's and having to run into MORE tree's.

50% of the time, i can get the tree's to hurt the gankers enough for me to get a 1 hit kill with a backstab. Based on your current Dex, your backstabs should do about 980 damage. You might consider a bandits knife, unless you go lightning, it might hurt more.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:54 am

I'll test the damage. I get a surprising number of kills against solo hosts (ie I killed the phantoms) with fire surge.

They begin retarded circle dance to bs me

I unlock and swap to fire surge

Cast fire surge and spin in circles

I'm astounded by how many times they've let me kill them this way, not even changing directions just letting me chip, or panic spamming only to eat a GC riposte.

I don't xmb when they win, but thats because with only 938 hp I can go from dominating to dead with no notice, and thats usually what happened if I lost, so I don't want to risk corrupting my data.

My dgm build does xmb on occasion, but not every time, only if I've failed to kill the same group repeatedly. I deny them.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:23 am

Fun Fact: The game does auto-saves at only 3 points that can corrupt data. When you gain souls, when you get indicted, and when you kill a boss.
    Even if you turn off the system during the middle of another auto-save time, nothing will EVER happen. You face no risk by going to menu.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:34 pm

Very unquie build Rynn silly

Speaking of damage tests can you try one at MAX lvl for me....as I fellow rapier user I am curious if your stats would make it higher or not??

In my expirience buffing my rapier I always find that a crystal +5 will stat out higher than a reg +15 when buffed....just curious if this would still hold true with MAX stats?
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:03 pm

@ Rin : Im a LVL 626 and im on Xbox have you ever run into me before and have I run into you? (I dont now your GT so im not sure)

I get the most action from the burg and from the kilin (havent re unlocked Kilin yet it since my newest game started)

Post Note: I noticed that as a high lvl player I see sommon signs (Red signs only) of low lvl players quite easily in high trafic areas I though their were restrictions on the red soap stone? Is it a glitch?
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:22 pm

Nope no glitch the red sign can go up to MAX lvl....as a 120 I have been summoned by a 700 many times in a busy area....red orb goes up also on my sl 55 I have invaded many MAX lvl players(and beat them) lol
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:29 pm

DarkW17 wrote:Nope no glitch the red sign can go up to MAX lvl....as a 120 I have been summoned by a 700 many times in a busy area....red orb goes up also on my sl 55 I have invaded many MAX lvl players(and beat them) lol

Sorry, that wasnt what I was trying to say I was refering to me as a high lvl being able to sommon SL 50
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:43 pm

Ya man that's what I just said maybe I wasn't clear enough tho if I am sl 55 and I drop a red sign you as a 700 can possibly see it...so that would be you as a 700 sumoning a sl 55!
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:41 pm

Rynn wrote:[politically incorrect rant]
    Gankers don't deserve my souls, and i am capable of stealing those souls from them. My level 713 char? Yeah... you get nothing. On the very rare (about 2 times in 10 hours on average now) occasion that a ganker kills me, i reset my system before he gets souls from me, cheating him out of his multi-million soul reward.

I first did it to a ganker that was doing the same thing to me, now i do it to all of them if they can kill me. i still give my souls to duelists, they deserve it. But if you have a phantom on standby... i no longer will reward you for being a looser.

[/politically incorrect rant]

only 2 times in 10 hours then you return and kill them?lol, anyway gankers or not their playing the game as it was intended as such they deserve your souls seeing as they owned you, why would you deny them the ability to chain stab you seeing as their not maxed out as you are and you yourself go for 1hko bs 2800 damage? which i think is even worse

Last edited by omega Elf on Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:44 pm

DarkW17 wrote:Very unquie build Rynn silly

Speaking of damage tests can you try one at MAX lvl for me....as I fellow rapier user I am curious if your stats would make it higher or not??

In my expirience buffing my rapier I always find that a crystal +5 will stat out higher than a reg +15 when buffed....just curious if this would still hold true with MAX stats?
    A +4 CRYSTAL version of a weapon is ALWAYS stronger then it's +15 variation if you have the same stats.

GMK: I'm positive you've not only fought me... but been murdered by me 4 times! If I'm correct, I'm probably on your friends list. I invaded you on my level 20 char, back in my griefing days.... It was in the depths, i chainstabbed you 4 times.

Not one of my prouder moments: but yes, we know each other. You were level 300 back then.

Red Soapstones work at any level. I no longer summon people via them though, as noone likes being summoned for a **** train by a level cap char.

@Omega: As i said, that is a politically incorrect rant, but here is how i see it: Gankers deserve nothing. Nor do chainstabbers. If you are currently practicing either of those methods of combat when you kill me, i will reinforce my will by dashboarding: because at the end of the day, it's my way or the highway.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:52 pm

Rynn your rants would be well received at my Calculon thread, jump over and give it a post, we have chips and pop!!!

Also, I think your idea is good lol. This story is the reason I never pvp inside of the forests gank area. It is just too much rage for too little reward.

If i want to do 3v mes I do it in New londo or Anor Londo sl 50. They usually still mob me and my red tear/hornet 0 poise build destroys them with DMB on my DARKWRAITH.

Red using DMB ftw
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:02 pm

i think i'll post on the calculon thread once for you.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:08 pm

Ya that's what I thought Rynn just curious....I usually just go +15 but usually keep a few +5 crystals on hand also!

@Lord so you think your the only evil Darkwraith that buffs DMB...think again bro lol silly My 50 str 30 fth Leeroy is a DMB and only vades with cracked reds its diabolical really :suspect:
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:29 pm

here is your solution play on a less overpowered character, if you overpower yourself then obviously players will chainstab you if thats the only way to kill you, from my experience the best players go under-powered relying more on skill than so much on stats and equipment, also don't heal, if they want to heal let them it just shows how much better you are that they need to do that and them killing you as a result can't really be considered a win on their part so don't let it bother you everyone has losses die with honor

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:33 pm