Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Knight Alundil
barrywilkins
lordgodofhell
omega Elf
GkMrBane
DarkW17
Rudmed
ithunktwice
Forum Pirate
Spurgun
Rifter7
Rynn
16 posters

You know what i just realized?

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

You know what i just realized? - Page 4 Empty Re: You know what i just realized?

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:32 am

I'm not as nice as you tolvo, as soon as someone heals I switch to the hornets ring and wait for my chance to destroy them. The inescapabe combos like wog+bs+ tempest become my primary form of attack.

Its really like this in every game, there are always people so determined to win that they only use Akuma, or who put bidoof in their party, or who glich through the barriers to run the race backwards and win by 2 minutes of who hack themselves immortal. Its always common.

All you can do is play however you have fun, and avoid the people you don't like playing with.
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

You know what i just realized? - Page 4 Empty Re: You know what i just realized?

Post by omega Elf Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:51 am

Rynn wrote:
    omega Elf wrote:
    Chain-stabbing IS an intended game feature.
    Rynn wrote:Chain Backstabs occur because if you press any buttons while standing up, you break an invulnerability built into the backstabs. If you push no buttons, you have 0.5 seconds of backstab invulnerability, but this invulnerability period breaks when we move, thereby proving that chainstabbing is NOT an intended game feature, and should not be treated as such.
    I'm not going to debate anything further until you understand how the games features work and don't work. Claiming chainstabbing is intended is as silly as claiming the Dragonhead and other spell swaps are an intended mechanic. If they must resort to breaking the game to kill me, they were not good enough to beat me.

Chain-stabbing is really no different to stun-locking; I guess next
    you'll be telling me toggle-escape is not intended, which may very
    well be the case, however I'll continue using it, just as I'll continue
    using chain-stabs against healers & 1hko back-stabbers.

As i don't go into fights with the intention of backstabbing people,
    i don't use the hornet ring, therefore I don't have the luxury of
    1-hitting my opponents, and so, should it be necessary, I have no
    qualms in 2-hitting them; Them complaining about this I would
    just consider hilarious, what, so, i should just let you win? lol, no!
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:54 am

Toggle escape was well known in demons, if they didn't want it in dark, it wouldn't be there.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:13 am

Forum Pirate wrote:I'm not as nice as you tolvo, as soon as someone heals I switch to the hornets ring and wait for my chance to destroy them. The inescapabe combos like wog+bs+ tempest become my primary form of attack.

Its really like this in every game, there are always people so determined to win that they only use Akuma, or who put bidoof in their party, or who glich through the barriers to run the race backwards and win by 2 minutes of who hack themselves immortal. Its always common.

All you can do is play however you have fun, and avoid the people you don't like playing with.

you can wotg ->bs -> wotg when standing up -> bs too.
    do you fire tempest while they're standing up? i haven't been hit with that before.. but i've considered trying it, never have tho..
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:14 am

See, I'm the kind of guy who likes to enter tourney's as Dan Hibiki, and actually gets very far in.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:22 am

tolvo that avatar is creepy as ****.

lol i'm really cereal man. its unnatural!
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:33 am

Rynn wrote:Claiming chainstabbing is intended is as silly as claiming
    the Dragonhead and other spell swaps are an intended mechanic

You honestly believe that in all the months of intensive testing,
    that not once did From attempt to chain-backstab?, that it's
    really so illogical a combo, and so difficult to pull off, that they
    never once successfully did?, I find that absolutely ludicrous.

Now something like the dragon head, or the spell-swap glitches,
    their is no logic to them, their very implementation, as well as the
    difficulty of it, even suggests their glitches.

I say, if you insist on removing chain-backstabs, then also remove
    the Hornet Ring and healing methods.

Why should a player with little to no skill be able to heal and 1 shot
    me, time after time after time.
    What gives a player the right, to tell me, that I must not under any
    circumstances, use the only effective counter their is to their
    play-style; That if i do you'll cheat me out of my win, because of
    course, your so good at what you do, you should never lose, not
    even once, not in 10 hours, not ever. Ha!

Last edited by omega Elf on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:36 am

I didn't say anything of the sort. I said the toggle escape is both in demons and widely known, so if from didn't want it in game it probably wouldn't be there.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:37 am

Dead Angling was in Demon's too wasn't it?
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:38 am

I was replying to Rynn's statement: chainstabbing is intended is as silly as claiming the Dragonhead and other spell swaps are an intended mechanism

Last edited by omega Elf on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:40 am

Could they actually edit out toggle escape though? From my limited understanding of it it seems like its a part of the animation and would be difficult to remove.
    Also d oyou think the FROM employees who tested it really went around trying to chainstab? I dont think so.
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:43 am

DoughGuy wrote:Also d oyou think the FROM employees who tested it really went around trying to chainstab? I dont think so.

lol?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:49 am

Tolvo wrote:Dead Angling was in Demon's too wasn't it?
    Yes, and its easier in dark (imo anyway) @dough, they've had years to find a solution if they wanted one. And based on the recovery animation, during which you're immune to backstabs but is cancelled by movement, I do believe they knew full well that chain stabing is possible.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:52 am

Then wouldnt the invincibility be there to stop chain BS? And thus doing it is working around their efforts and making it a glitch? (Not a glitch in the literal sense, but you get the idea)
    Also for such a small thing I dont think toggle escape is worth spending a ton of time on.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:56 am

If you don't move, you are invulnerable to the bs, but vulnerable to a wakeup. Its a tactic choice, like everything else, I would guess it was intentional.

If they knew of it, and didn't fix it, its intentional. They could have changed it, so to refrain is to intentionaly leave it in game.
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:12 am

Intentional or not, it's necessary. Very necessary. From would
    know this as it's blatantly obvious. Who in their right mind wants
    to spend 2 hours fighting a maxed-out Divine popper.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:15 am

Who in their right mind, during the testing stage of a game, thought that people would glitch themselves 198 DBs?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:17 am

I'm with dough this time, I doubt the duplication glitch was intended and humanity farming is tiresome at best.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:17 am

You know what i just realized? - Page 4 Snidely-whiplash

Most of the other members of the team didn't pay much mind to what he wrote on his Facebook page, and all of his tweets about secretly putting exploits in the game. He also once posted a picture of a dragon spitting bombs saying, "It's the next myspace."
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:29 am

I think 'From' created a master piece.

I think they left every one those glitches you guys have mentioned in the game on purpose.
    Spoiler:

Hornet ring users can be killed, dead angle users can be killed, chain stabbers can be killed, and ninja ring users can be killed none of them are invincible and the fact that these are allowed by either an item in the game or a game mechanic makes them not glitches but tactics to be used by anyone who sees fit.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:31 am

Dragon bow glitches are, if not intentional, simply allowed by negligence. I mean how long have we known about them? And how simple is it to make you unable to BS while holding a bow?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:32 am

Just remember, it costs money to patch a game for consoles.
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:33 am

Forum Pirate wrote:I'm with dough this time, I doubt the duplication glitch was intended and humanity farming is tiresome at best.

True, but it's here now, and it's rife. Also it's very easy to farm 99
    humanities.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:00 am

Tiresome/=difficult.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:06 pm

as i prior mentioned, i will not debate any further if you don't understand the mechanics at work that make a chainstab possible. It's simply not worth either of our times to continue this conversation.

If you are ganking, then i dashboard and you receive no souls from me.
    If you are using divine blessings like candy, then i will dashboard. (and i am -genuinely sorry- if you are one of the few people that legitlimately found/bought those blessings, but you are a major minority! I have been known to jump off a cliff the next time to give them back their cheated souls)
    And if you are attempting to chainstab me, i'm at the dashboard before my char stands back up for the second backstab. (a chainstabber often just runs up immediately behind you while waiting for you to stand up.)

it is a very simple system i have set up. if my opponent disagree's to my system, they can either get out of the forest or stop doing what i dislike. Otherwise i am a waste of their recources.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:55 am