Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
cloudyeki
User
Tolvo
Eolan
WyrmHero
sunbro
ICEFANG
Spurgun
Heroez Blade
DoughGuy
JohnnyHarpoon
15 posters

Effigy Shield

JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Effigy Shield - Page 2 Empty Re: Effigy Shield

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:28 pm

I just wish there were more hints as to this rebellion, though I suppose 'more hints' are something we all would appreciate across the board...

Still, Vamos is somehow linked to this Heretical energy...it makes sense that he'd post up so secretly in the Catacombs, especially given that's where you find the Shield (so it would seem that that's where this seeming uprising either originated from or fled to).

So, this makes me start wondering what exactly the Catacombs/TotG used to be on the whole. I wouldn't even wonder if it weren't for the L. Divine Ember Blacksmith, who implies that things weren't always as they are now.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:07 pm

I see either a fanged skull in the Royal Helm or some sort of giant, angry sea turtle (only one of those is a joke).

That said, has anybody ever noticed that Vamos is trapped until you get there? He's basically "sealed" in a buried tomb with the only opening being from the ceiling, and he shows no inkling of leaving even once he opens a hole in the wall.

It almost seems to me as if he was cursed to be trapped in there. Has anybody tried making him hostile and dragging him out of the tomb?
    Anchises
    Anchises
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anchises Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:51 am

Well the word catacombs comes from the underground tunnels in Rome where common people were buried. People eventually ended up using the tunnels for secret, usually devious, meetings. I mean, what kind of person hangs out with a bunch dead people? I imagine the non-Anor Londo people of Lordran were buried there. Tomb of Giants beats me, I don't know if it's pre-Nito or pre-Catacombs or what...
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:03 pm

Heh, yeah - I would presume the Catacombs were just catacombs. But that just leads to more questions.

Why make the Catacombs so treacherous if they're just meant for burying commoners? Even without the skellies, there's a bunch of traps and trap doors and pitfalls...I suppose it could have been more complete at one time and just really fell apart, but there's really no evidence of that.

Secondly, wtf was the Tomb of the Giants!? If it was always Nito's area, my theory was that people brought their dead to where you fight Pinwheel and somehow offered them to Nito/had some kind of ceremony, and generally feared the dark Tomb...but, there's no real easy way to get down to Pinwheel's area (especially a body), and again, at least one Divine Blacksmith had to be preeeetty chill with Nito to post up in his crib (and be confident that his business wouldn't suffer due to the location).
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:42 am

I would also like to remark on how the Effigy Shield looks like a crescent moon when worn on the back:

Effigy Shield - Page 2 IMAG0728
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:09 am

JohnnyHarpoon wrote:I would also like to remark on how the Effigy Shield looks like a crescent moon when worn on the back:

That's no moon...
    TheLolrider
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheLolrider Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:39 pm

It seems like a common theme in the Archives is that Priscilla lead some sort of uprising against the gods in Anor Londo, but the effigy shield is found in the Tomb of Giants, which is nowhere close to Anor Londo or the Painted World of Ariamis.

Perhaps the cultists attempted a coup and then were trapped in the Painted World because it was the safest place nearby. Maybe Priscilla had nothing to do with it, she seems awfully apathetic to the player when you meet her.

I'm not sure if this is particularly pertinent to the thread, but if I'm right that would suggest that the coup was fairly successful. Perhaps the cultists are the reason the gods left Anor Londo in the first place.

I don't know, ideas!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:01 am