Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+38
Serious_Much
DarkW17
menzinho
TehInfamousAmos
DxV04
ThatPerson
cloudyeki
cloudofrain
JFmoney
hageshisa
Tzai
Wilkinson3424
JK Platin
Artorias The Abyss Walker
dancash1808
Artificerprodigy
StarScarJenova
Redemption009
Carcosa
Shkar
ViralEnsign_
Tristan
Rudmed
Forum Pirate
raecor14
robsthedon
Servant of Priscilla
destutiodaemonis
billy_bayonet
whitechikz11
Federally
Spurgun
Jovias-86
DoughGuy
Ahhotep1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Rin
WyrmHero
42 posters

Priscilla's Lifehunters 5th Thread

ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Priscilla's Lifehunters 5th Thread  - Page 18 Empty Re: Priscilla's Lifehunters 5th Thread

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:40 pm

StarScarJenova wrote:Thanks, Rob!
    Wyrm, I'll go with fire and poison then. I need to make sure to read the rules more specifically, lol.

You can tell who is who between us because I have two b's
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Priscilla's Lifehunters 5th Thread  - Page 18 Empty Re: Priscilla's Lifehunters 5th Thread

Post by Spurgun Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:46 pm

You don't have to use the uniforms anymore.

There are really only a few rules. Almost everything (except glitching) is allowed when invading, especially when invading a gank.
    When dueling we have these rules : 1.No chain BS. 2. No healing with items, spells are allowed. 3. No TWoP. 4. No flaming others for the tactics they use.
    But when we duel, we prefer to not use any equipment that we feel is cheap, like the hornet ring. Sure, it's still allowed, but we choose to not use it.

Make the build on mugen and we'll help you with it. big grin
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:50 pm

Artificerprodigy wrote:Oh, I thought I saw a preferred uniform on one of the old threads. I assume that was done away with at some point?

Also, as someone new to pvp terminology, what is considered ganking or dishonorable combat tactics? Obviously violating standard duel procedures is prohibited, but what if we are "invading" as opposed to "dueling" (as I understand it anyway).

I'll have to throw together a build and get some feedback on it myself.

Ganking is when you wait with 1 or 2 phantoms at the spawn point of an invader. Dishonorable tactics include TWoP+WoG or TWoP+Hornet Ring backstab or chain backstab. Also healing with Divine Blessings is a no no unless you are ganked 3vs1.
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:58 pm

Spurgun wrote:You don't have to use the uniforms anymore.

There are really only a few rules. Almost everything (except glitching) is allowed when invading, especially when invading a gank.
    When dueling we have these rules : 1.No chain BS. 2. No healing with items, spells are allowed. 3. No TWoP. 4. No flaming others for the tactics they use.
    But when we duel, we prefer to not use any equipment that we feel is cheap, like the hornet ring. Sure, it's still allowed, but we choose to not use it.

Make the build on mugen and we'll help you with it. big grin

nom 4. dosent apply to wyrm's mage build you can ***** about it as much as you like
    Artificerprodigy
    Artificerprodigy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Artificerprodigy Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:05 pm

Nearly forgot, also had an invasion question. I plan on going darkmoon blade, but the rules post says to prioritize trespassers over invaders. Whats the difference? Does this mean using red eye orbs instead of blue? To my knowledge those two, plus the covenant ring (which I believe invades dark anor londo only), would be my only invasion options. Is that true? And if so, what manner should I be invading in.
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:32 pm

No no, my friend to be... as LH we are not allowed to kill Priscilla therefore we can still get invaded by people... The 'prioritize trespassers over invaders' means that invading people by any means is more prioritised then killing people who invade you...

edit: Any invading is good red/blue orb, red cracked orb, eyes of death, dragon eye anything, whatever floats your boat...
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Artorias The Abyss Walker Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:46 pm

Can i join? im on xbox.
    StarScarJenova
    StarScarJenova
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StarScarJenova Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:03 am

Great matches today, guys! May be on a little later to give my scarcrow some more practice. See you guys soon! Oh and good luck with the hurricane, Wyrm!
    Artificerprodigy
    Artificerprodigy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Artificerprodigy Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:08 am

Ok guys, here's my first shot at a build. Didn't realize until I sat down to try to put one together how limiting sl 99 plus the weapon requirements were, lol.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?b=cHlyb21hbmNlciwzNiwxNiwzNCwxNiwzMCwxMiwzMCw4LDEwLDQzLDI5LDI5LDI5LDMxLDIyLDEwNSw5NSwxNDEsNDUsY2hhb3MsY2hhb3Msbm9ybWFsLG1hZ2ljLDAsMTYsMjQsMzksMjcsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDMsd29vZGVuLHdvb2Rlbix3b29kZW4sd29vZGVu

I figured the spells were utilities that I could hot-swap the bow for a catalyst/flame if necessary. Obviously based on the spells, this is an invasion setup, not a dueling one.

The intelligence may seem wasted based on my spell selection, but I was hoping I would be able to swap over to Velka's rapier eventually. Are the int based spells pretty much pointless in pvp? Based on the comments about Wyrm's mage build I would assume no, but my luck with magic in pvp has been pretty poor. I'm guessing I'm using the spells wrong or something.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:17 am

I recommend you do an invasion build first, tye SL 99 arena is PSN only until we get enough members from the 3 consoles. You seem to be interested in magic and pyro at the same time, but as I'm a min/maxer, I would do this.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4097491136348766

It's the rule of max AR or nothing. You could buff the Great Scythe with CMW, and choose the TCC, but if your buff runs out you'll have to menu swap to a different enchanted weapon (remember the list). CSS is very good if you can predict your opponents running attacks, and with very low Dex, I would choose Great Combustion as your only pyro because it is already very fast (unlike the other pyros you need 40~45 to be fast). You could also forget the shield and use a enchanted Composite Bow with moonlight arrows, it hits very hard. I have a similar build that uses the Claymore, it has very low Dex (10 Dex) and 16 Str and the buffed Claymore still hits hard (~700 AR).
    Artificerprodigy
    Artificerprodigy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Artificerprodigy Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:23 am

WyrmHero wrote:I recommend you do an invasion build first, tye SL 99 arena is PSN only until we get enough members from the 3 consoles. You seem to be interested in magic and pyro at the same time, but as I'm a min/maxer, I would do this.

It's the rule of max AR or nothing. You could buff the Great Scythe with CMW, and choose the TCC, but if your buff runs out you'll have to menu swap to a different enchanted weapon (remember the list). CSS is very good if you can predict your opponents running attacks, and with very low Dex, I would choose Great Combustion as your only pyro because it is already very fast (unlike the other pyros you need 40~45 to be fast). You could also forget the shield and use a enchanted Composite Bow with moonlight arrows, it hits very hard. I have a similar build that uses the Claymore, it has very low Dex (10 Dex) and 16 Str and the buffed Claymore still hits hard (~700 AR).

Is the fast cast time on CSS what makes it viable with such low dex, similar to combustion? Also, if I swap the shield for a composite bow, with some decent tactics, do you think I can expect to have time to swap back to a shield before I have to engage? The only reason I included the uchigatana was because I had heard that the great scythe needed a fast backup weapon to be effective in pvp. Does CSS sort of fill that role, or is that actually a false assumption?

Unfortunately I suspect my limited pvp experience has biased me. I've never been a fan of CMW because whenever I buff up, the enemy just runs away until it expires (harder in the painted world admittedly).

Also, why do you recommend enchanted over chaos? It seems like it does more damage, as well as offering me an additional damage type. Is there a disadvantage to chaos weapons that I'm overlooking?

On the topic of invasion etiquette, I'm assuming that if I'm spotted and the host bows, that I'm expected to duel him regardless of my setup? I figured that while quite possibly disadvantageous, that it's considered poor conduct to just wander off and ambush him later, lol.

It depresses me that a min/maxed build is necessarily less adaptable. sad
    Really didn't want to have to grind up a bunch of chars to 100 to try out different styles, lol. That's honestly one of the reasons I made it 99, figured if the recommended level was 100 or so, might as well just make the cutoff 99 in case I wanted to eventually do arena with the char. Gonna have to try and come up with a viable dex build that doesn't utilize int I suppose.

Thanks for the input, sorry about all the questions. As a new pvp'er I'm very curious and can't rely on personal experience, so I just ask about everything. lol
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:15 pm

Preoreded the PC version today, so i wont be on the PS3 chat from tomorrow on, just so you know
    Artificerprodigy
    Artificerprodigy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Artificerprodigy Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:39 pm

We'll have to figure out some convenient communication method for the pc guys to use in the future. Any suggestions/preferences?
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:55 pm

I don't know
    I can use skype with my laptop while i play on my desktop, but what about you?
    Artificerprodigy
    Artificerprodigy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Artificerprodigy Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:28 pm

I'm usually on skype, thats generally how my friends and I chat.

Are you the only confirmed pc LH Spur? If so, youre welcome to join our call, there will probably be 3 or 4 of us on dark souls.

If there are more lifehunters, it might get chaotic and we might have to resort to text chat.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:34 pm

So far i'm the only one that i know of.

We could use voice chat as well big grin . But my english isn't really the best FYI. silly

Are you on skype now?
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:43 pm

Artorias The Abyss Walker wrote:Can i join? im on xbox.

Hey!! Art big grin Shkar is the xbl LH Covenant leader. He usually checks this thread...but you can PM him. If you haven't already...start at pg 1 in LH thread and read the rules, etc

Welcome big grin
    StarScarJenova
    StarScarJenova
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StarScarJenova Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:50 pm

K I was reading through the rules and didn't see anything about ranking up. How do I get to rank two so I can use the claws and large club. I have a build I was trying out yesterday that I really like duelwielding claws. big grin
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:56 pm

Welcome aboard Art. I don't typically post much unless I am needed in a discussion or feel like causing trouble, but if you ask me a question in the thread or send me a PM here or on XBL, I will respond when I am able (here would be better then XBL due to time constraints happy)
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:09 pm

Watch out Shkar doesn't Dark Hand you and steal your Humanity, Art.

He tends to do that.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:34 pm

He only uses the dark hand because the animation makes it look like you're making out with them.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:41 pm

Artificerprodigy wrote:
    WyrmHero wrote:I recommend you do an invasion build first, tye SL 99 arena is PSN only until we get enough members from the 3 consoles. You seem to be interested in magic and pyro at the same time, but as I'm a min/maxer, I would do this.

Is the fast cast time on CSS what makes it viable with such low dex, similar to combustion? Also, if I swap the shield for a composite bow, with some decent tactics, do you think I can expect to have time to swap back to a shield before I have to engage? The only reason I included the uchigatana was because I had heard that the great scythe needed a fast backup weapon to be effective in pvp. Does CSS sort of fill that role, or is that actually a false assumption?

Unfortunately I suspect my limited pvp experience has biased me. I've never been a fan of CMW because whenever I buff up, the enemy just runs away until it expires (harder in the painted world admittedly).

Also, why do you recommend enchanted over chaos? It seems like it does more damage, as well as offering me an additional damage type. Is there a disadvantage to chaos weapons that I'm overlooking?

On the topic of invasion etiquette, I'm assuming that if I'm spotted and the host bows, that I'm expected to duel him regardless of my setup? I figured that while quite possibly disadvantageous, that it's considered poor conduct to just wander off and ambush him later, lol.

It depresses me that a min/maxed build is necessarily less adaptable. sad
    Really didn't want to have to grind up a bunch of chars to 100 to try out different styles, lol. That's honestly one of the reasons I made it 99, figured if the recommended level was 100 or so, might as well just make the cutoff 99 in case I wanted to eventually do arena with the char. Gonna have to try and come up with a viable dex build that doesn't utilize int I suppose.

Thanks for the input, sorry about all the questions. As a new pvp'er I'm very curious and can't rely on personal experience, so I just ask about everything. lol

1. CSS is fast with low Dex, you have to use it unexpectedly instead of spam and usually lag will do its work. I'm begining to not use shields for PvP, so I would have catalyst+pyro left hand and scythe+bow right hand. Great Scythe is a bit difficult to master, but it really can handle things on its own. You can always menu swap to an enchanted uchi or spear if needed.

2. This happens to me also that's why you should always have an enchanted weapon ready to menu swap.

3. I recommend enchanted over chaos because you have very high Int and enchanted scaling caps at 50 Int, so why not use it? Also most guys use heavy armor that it's weak against magic and strong against fire.

4. Yes you must duel if they bow first, that's our code of honor.

5. You could always have a basic SL 60 Vit build to start practicing. Use a chaos scythe and dump the remaining points in Vit/End.

Here's my mage king build so you get an idea, it's really powerful. It uses the Moonlight Greatsword and the Moonlight Horn as backup, I change them in the middle of the fight through menu swap. And yes the Claymore hits hard even with base stat requirements.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=3524270786813623
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:46 pm

-Collect all Velka-related items and miracles.

-Kill 100 hosts on Painted World

-Forge an occult weapon (get the Occult Ember).

-Score 100 points in a war/mass invasion.

-Defeat the Hand or Shkar a duel.

-Coop with a rank 3 Lifehunter or Council Member and kill Ornstein the Dragonslayer.

@Artorias do this in the meantime. I would like to add more but I don't have imagination right now.

Last edited by WyrmHero on Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:48 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Star you can start with these.

-Collect all Velka-related items and miracles.

-Kill 100 hosts on Painted World

-Forge an occult weapon (get the Occult Ember).

-Score 100 points in a war/mass invasion.

-Defeat the Hand in a duel.

-Coop with a rank 3 Lifehunter or Council Member and kill Ornstein the Dragonslayer.

If you have better challenges ideas let me know.

Write a poem for Priscilla.
    Artificerprodigy
    Artificerprodigy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Artificerprodigy Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:09 pm

Spurgun wrote:So far i'm the only one that i kno happy w of.

We could use voice chat as well big grin . But my english isn't really the best FYI. silly

Are you on skype now?

That surprises me, your written english seems quite good. happy

I was actually talking about voice, usually I'm on a group call in the evenings with 2-4 friends.
    Text should work fine though.

Unfortunately I'm still at work and will not be home until right before steam unlocks the game tonight. I just post on the forum from my phone when I have a free minute.

@WyrmHero
    I'll have to continue build discussions when I have more time and a keyboard. XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:19 am