Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

I think I was banned from the chat?

SyphilisPanda

I think I was banned from the chat? Empty I think I was banned from the chat?

Post by SyphilisPanda Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:43 pm

I think the bot banned me for something a long time ago and I've tried a bunch of things but no matter what I do it seems like nobody can see what I'm saying. It makes it very difficult to get help, and there doesn't seem to be a way to know if I'm banned or what... I just have no access to it it seems like. Any suggestions?

I've tried:
    Logging in/out
    Going anon
    Using temporary name
    Making new account
    Doing all of these things again in an incognito tab
    Waiting several months I think
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

I think I was banned from the chat? Empty Re: I think I was banned from the chat?

Post by Emergence Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:21 am

According to the ban records, you were banned by our chat bot today. What was the reason for the ban?
    SyphilisPanda

I think I was banned from the chat? Empty Re: I think I was banned from the chat?

Post by SyphilisPanda Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:36 am

I truthfully have no idea. I came in and asked a nooby question, nobody answered, so I asked again a minute or so later with different wording. Again no answer, so I asked if anybody could even see what I was saying. No answer. That's when I started trying to log in/out etc.

Could it have been my name or something?
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:59 pm

It was likely due to repeated statements in succession. I will lift your ban, in the meantime become familiar with the chatbox guidelines here to avoid future issues with the bot: http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Chatroom
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:01 pm

lol, your name's just a bit crude..

And yeah, please read those rules, not that half of the guys using the chat are even aware there are any :|
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:10 pm

We have a chat?
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:24 pm

On the Wiki, there is a live chatbox below the sidebar.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:28 pm

It's kind of like the Mos Eisley Cantina of the site. It's decrepit and full of villainy, but if you're looking for a pilot to do something illegal and avoid the eyes of the Empire, it's where you go.

That's actually a pretty oddly fitting description. Yay for Star Wars!
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:32 pm

That's awful Tolvo, haha but the analogy made me chuckle. There are great people there and some really dedicated mods. I will concede that it is very subject to some unique randomness and your very, more wild west interwebz personas, but it is a great way to find someone for instant co-op or pvp.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:35 pm

Yeah, I've gone in there from time to time and it's very swing or miss. Sometimes I'm in there talking with people about things fairly well, sometimes there is some guy hassling me or multiple people. But it has its good, its bad, and its ugly. Fortunately the avatars are too small to realize who is ugly haha.

I think it is more so I'm just used to the forum, so by comparison the chat seems a bit unfriendly but its a nice place to hang out from time to time. Honestly, this forum spoils me.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:45 pm

The only thing I find wrong with the chat is sometimes it gets a bit overboard and the general disliking of anons by most of the members.. though I can see why as many of the anons that come on are just trolls...

I promise tolvo, they're not THAT bad silly Can I use the word misguided?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:48 pm

Eh, it's just whenever someone asks for help and I offer advice, rather than listening to it people just start to ask about my credentials and ask if I've watched some PvP video and even understand some technique which isn't related. Or at one point someone will ask me something about the BB and I'll suggest to not use it, and then the chat gets filled with someone who feels they have to point out that I'm not a perfect being for the next hour. I guess I just shouldn't mention my friendly opinions in regards to invading either.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:51 pm

Yeah, I usually advise them to not talk about glitches, it's not a specific rule on the chat, but I carry it over from the the general wiki rules (and old/new forum) as it is promoting game abuse and exploitation basically..

To be fair I just find as long as you give and take the banter in there you're alright. Though then again most of them who don't know I mod the chat are very surprised when I wield the rules and ban hammer silly
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:58 pm

Yeah I usually find one or two people I can talk to in there, but ever since I defended a brony for being a brony, things haven't gone so well haha.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:05 pm

yeah well they like who they like i guess... They all seem to be anime loving rather than western cartoon loving really silly
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:08 pm

It's a shame really, they're missing out on Johnny Bravo!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:10 pm

Tolvo wrote:It's a shame really, they're missing out on Johnny Bravo!

that was a damn good show. Cartoon network rocked, even if I only managed to watch bits at my friend's house sad
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:11 pm

I have a friend who basically is JB, except he's tall chubby with an afro and mickey mouse voice. He has less success than Johnny as you can imagine haha.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:16 pm

Guys, take the banter to the chatbox silly
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:18 pm

Curses, the masters of Offtopic have been found out. Quickly Serious, back to the cartoonishly evil looking cave entrance with two computers!
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:10 pm

It'd be nice to see some more of the forum regulars in there from time to time. If you are lucky, you can catch me there as well. happy
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:26 am

(Is it safe to come out now? silly )

yeah, would be more fun if more forum regulars went on there, I saw lord god of hell on there the other day, though it bore the calculon thread as a result lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:25 am