Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Build advice

suleo

Build advice Empty Build advice

Post by suleo Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:32 pm

Hi forum.

I'd like some advice on my build. Here it is as it stands now:

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=3642843894256639

It is doing quite well in PvE and in co-op, especially against bosses. I'm still adjusting to low poise (coming from a Str/Faith tank). I'd like to give this build a shot in PvP as well, but I am not sure it's good enough at this point. Mind you I am also fairly new to PvP in the first place.

I was originally planning to do an int/faith build, but I messed up in my current NG and let Reah die, so no WotG for this run...

So I am thinking of the following:

* Vit to 40 then Dex to 39 and use a Silver Knight Spear instead of the MLGS, and maybe use CSM & an estoc/rapier instead of Velka's.
    * Vit to 40 then then End to 38 and keep the weapons as is. Will be able to have decent poise at that point.
    * Just bite the bullet & go to NG+, then get WoTG and also increase the # of crystal spells.
    * Any other options? is the build too spread out at this point?

Any advice welcome. Also, if anyone wants to do some PvP (I could use the training), I'm about to join the Dragon covenant (no glitching, promise!). XBL is my username.
    Geeza

Build advice Empty Re: Build advice

Post by Geeza Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:03 am

I would go with the 2nd option. The Mlgs and velkas rapier are both strong weapons for pvp, so I would run those given that you already have 50 int. And if you want to use a spear you can always use the moonlight butterfly horn with that build as well. 40 vit with rofap gives enough hp to work with, and 38 endurance gives plenty of stamina and enough equip load to hit 53 poise so you can take a 2h greatsword hit without being staggered.

The benefit of the dex path is that you could buff a strong dex scaling weapon with crystal magic weapon, which is a deadly combo. However you would be leaving yourself with low equip load and stamina. Some people don't mind playing with low stam and eating lots of grass to compensate, but in my opinion if you are relatively new to pvp the first option would be the better bet.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:38 am

I hope you don't mind the minor changes. I changed your shield so you get more stamina regen (bloodshield is only good for LH scythe). I put the MLGS as main weapon, which you could menu swap it for Velka's Rapier any time. I changed PG robes for Knight Armor so you get +53 poise for the MLGS. I ditched WDB because it somehow sucks for PvP (although I do actually had connected with it but it was pure luck, in a duel), so I lowered Int to 45 and added another CSS. I level up to SL 99 because it's cool. silly

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=3730343037863604
    suleo

Post by suleo Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:49 am

Thanks for both your suggestions.

@WyrmHero, it's kind of late to take back the Int, Att & Dex points since the build I posted was already at SL91 happy.

Looks like I'll be raising Vit/End after all.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:30 am

Ah too bad, well if your Dex is at 20 you could use an enchanted Ricard's Rapier or buff a normal one with CMW. When buff runs out you switch to MLGS.
    suleo

Post by suleo Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:59 pm

Yea, Ricard's was the reason I had Dex at 20 in the first place. However, I just can't get the moveset right. The delay in the first R2 gets me every time (and that's in PvE). On the other hand, when I tried it out, I didn't have CMW yet, so perhaps it's worth another try.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:31 pm