Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
JohnnyHarpoon
Juutas
BishopHavel
Rin
Spurgun
dannyhugz
Azran
JoeBroski09
Bcc17
Bloodios
14 posters

Sub-HD resolution & locked 30FPS for PC

Bloodios
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Sub-HD resolution & locked 30FPS for PC Empty Sub-HD resolution & locked 30FPS for PC

Post by Bloodios Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:12 pm

According to Eurogamer:
    While the frame-rate's rough edges have been filed down, you're still going to be playing at 30FPS out of the box, as widely rumoured. A graphics menu has been added in, but there are no obvious ways to raise the bar to the preferable 60FPS mark. In fact, options are pretty meagre overall on this front; you have the standard resolution and refresh rate settings (it does nothing to solve this), and also check-boxes to remove anti aliasing or motion blur. Barebones and to the point.

It's certainly a slim selection of options to work with. Here's hoping the mod community will be able to add to this in the future.
    There's also something curious about the resolution too in that there's no change in clarity when attempting to crank up the settings. On close inspection, it appears that Dark Souls PC uses the very same 1024x720 internal framebuffer as the console versions, regardless of which resolution has been set in the menus. The option provided is for output resolution only; a simple courtesy to allow the game to play on most monitors, but the image quality will always remain the same. In short, PC gamers will very much be getting the genuine console experience here, right down to the pixel.
    I have this uncomfortable feeling in my guts that this whole thing won't turn out well...
    Bcc17
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Sub-HD resolution & locked 30FPS for PC Empty Re: Sub-HD resolution & locked 30FPS for PC

Post by Bcc17 Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:16 pm

As long as it runs the same as it does on Xbox, I'm good.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Sub-HD resolution & locked 30FPS for PC Empty Re: Sub-HD resolution & locked 30FPS for PC

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:18 pm

As long as it runs the same as it does on PS3, I'm good. I never really expected it to look amazing. I just want it to run well enough so I can record while I play.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:19 pm

They DID say they didn't know what they were doing.
    Bloodios
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodios Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:24 pm

Azran wrote:They DID say they didn't know what they were doing.
    I know, but some folks are still really angry about this (you should see the comments on Eurogamer.)
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:25 pm

OH MAN! THEY'RE NOT GIVING US SOMETHING THEY NEVER PROMISED US! I'M SO ANGRY THAT THEY'RE NOT LIVING UP TO MY EXPECTATIONS! BLARG!

^That's a joke, btw. I just think it's ridiculous that people are getting angry that after we twisted From's arm until they finally made a PC port, they're not doing it PERFECTLY....
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:43 pm

Oh, the comments on Eurogamer. I've been laughing hard the few last minutes with those.

Pretty much, what JoeBroski said. You requested a PC port to a company who knows little in that field. You asked for the product, not the quality. :p
    dannyhugz
    dannyhugz
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dannyhugz Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:36 am

Graphics, do not a good game make. Just saying =/
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:40 am

dannyhugz wrote:Graphics, do not a good game make. Just saying =/

Personally, lego chess and heroes of might and magic 3 are my favorite PC games, neither have graphics that would be acceptable if they were released today. HoMM3 still has an huge fanbase though.
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:39 pm

Spurgun wrote:
    dannyhugz wrote:Graphics, do not a good game make. Just saying =/

Personally, lego chess and heroes of might and magic 3 are my favorite PC games, neither have graphics that would be acceptable if they were released today. HoMM3 still has an huge fanbase though.

Wait, who are you again?
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:37 pm

I love minecraft. Shrug
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:01 pm

You´re back big grin .

My brother loves minecraft, but i can´t understand what´s so good about it.
    BishopHavel
    BishopHavel
    Regular
    Regular

Post by BishopHavel Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:09 pm

I only played minecraft because my friends played it, lol. I'm not all that creative in making houses or giant structures. To be on topic; Im not really that worried about the whole 30fps and 720p thing. As long as the game runs just as good on the console Im fine with it really.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:25 pm

Yeah, I still play those same games on PC I played 10 years ago. My favourite is Arcanum and it looked bad already when it came out and was filled with bugs and glitches, but it didn't stop from being a grea game then and it still is.
    BishopHavel
    BishopHavel
    Regular
    Regular

Post by BishopHavel Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:58 pm

Juutas wrote:Yeah, I still play those same games on PC I played 10 years ago. My favourite is Arcanum and it looked bad already when it came out and was filled with bugs and glitches, but it didn't stop from being a grea game then and it still is.

Yeah, now that I think about it. The games i've played the most in my life and enjoy the most were graphically speakin not that intense. For instance; Killing floor 400+ hours and still counting. Terraria 120 hours. Binding of Isaac 110 hours. Awesomenauts 40+ hours. Harvest moon friends of mineral town and all the Pokemon games for the GBA and Gameboy (I sometimes even revisited those games) A game doesnt need to have fancy graphics. A game just needs a good unique artstyle and addicting gameplay.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:28 pm

Yeah. It´s the gameplay, how fun you have while playing it that matters. Graphics don´t mean **** if it´s a boring/repetitive/irritating/etc game.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:37 pm

*cough* skyrim *cough cough*

Jk. that can be fun. but the gameplay isn't for me.

FF13 would be a better example.
    dannyhugz
    dannyhugz
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dannyhugz Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:41 pm

Yeah, I for one wouldn't have put any fewer hours into DkS if it looked like FF7 lol. A great game that's also graphically high-end is just that much more awesome though. On that note there are far worse games than DkS that also have worse graphics. Personally I dont think my monitor can even do 1080, it's an old fella and needs to be put down soon.
    BishopHavel
    BishopHavel
    Regular
    Regular

Post by BishopHavel Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:16 pm

I dont like skyrim all that much. Sure there is tons and tons of content, but the combat just flat out SUCKS. The voice acting is pretty much the same. Its really flat and boring. Dark souls is a lot shorter, but Darksouls' combat is just a lot more meaty and great and the voice acting is full of personality and it is writing really well.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:40 pm

The one thing i think skyrim does kinda right (combat wise) Is the stealth. Sure, the AI is incredibly stupid and you can OHK pretty much anything at higher levels. But i like that there some reason to sneak around, in dark souls there´s pretty much no reason to be sneaky.

But i do enjoy skyrim, but not as a hardcor game. More as a relaxing experience after getting owned in DkS
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:33 pm

Do it right or don't do it at all.
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:54 pm

Most people like Skyrim because it's part of a bigger franchise, which leads to the assumption that most people like mainstream stuff.
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:01 pm

BishopHavel wrote:I dont like skyrim all that much. Sure there is tons and tons of content, but the combat just flat out SUCKS. The voice acting is pretty much the same.

Clearly you never met Cicero
    BishopHavel
    BishopHavel
    Regular
    Regular

Post by BishopHavel Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:27 am

KomradDakka wrote:
    BishopHavel wrote:I dont like skyrim all that much. Sure there is tons and tons of content, but the combat just flat out SUCKS. The voice acting is pretty much the same.

Clearly you never met Cicero

I haven't, no.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:39 am

Why is it always the assassin guilds that are the most memorable?
    I love assassins though silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:34 am