Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Rudmed
cloudyeki
Azran
bloodpixel
Slarg232
9 posters

Anyone else Rage at the Devil May Cry reboot?

Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Anyone else Rage at the Devil May Cry reboot? Empty Anyone else Rage at the Devil May Cry reboot?

Post by Slarg232 Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:26 pm

Just wondering what everyone else thought of this. The fact that they are going as far as they are to shove him into our faces is rather disgusting....
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Anyone else Rage at the Devil May Cry reboot? Empty Re: Anyone else Rage at the Devil May Cry reboot?

Post by bloodpixel Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:08 am

The game looks bad. Gameplay looks slow, style meter is too easy, the first boss is apparently 1/3 into the game, Dante looks dumb, Vergil is even worse, and to top it all off Tameem is an arrogant prick.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Anyone else Rage at the Devil May Cry reboot? Empty Re: Anyone else Rage at the Devil May Cry reboot?

Post by Azran Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:13 am

Man, the third game was the best out there! They should bring Matthew Broderick and the elf back; Devil May Cry hasn't been the same without them.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:51 am

If only devil may cry 3 sold well. I think that would have really helped the series.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:04 am

Making a game which is actually beatable by the average gamer in the standard difficulty would have been good for sales, I guess.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:54 am

I died a lil on the inside watching the Vergil trailer. Wheres the badass that could draw-cut a dozen demons to bits and sheath in a blink of an eye?! The badass who antagonized his brother and attempted to kill him 3 times!
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:49 am

What the eff even happened to Vergil. Why is he a blonde haired dude that wants to save humanity?
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:57 am

Why does Vergil look like a hitler youth and care about humanity?!
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:43 am

.....what? If Vergil cares about humanity then....THE END IS NIGH!

Anyways I am....very careful about this new one. When I first saw the trailer where it shows Dante go into the club and take care of the bouncer....I saw a glimmer of hope. That was soon crushed when he delivered his introduction to the boss that was later shown in the trailer. Chances are I will ask friends who get it and what they think about it before investing in it myself.

Edit: Just saw the trailer ya'all were talking about and wow. The girl seems interesting, but....where are Lady and Trish? Sure would be nice to have those two along for the ride.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:07 am

No, I think they *** up enough.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:00 am

On top of that, they made the female character the person they have to save. Holy crap, that's an original plot. It's not like that's never been used before.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:05 am

YOU MAY CALL ME DONTE, DONTE THE DEMON KILLER.

Yeah, this is abysmal. Sadly, this reboot will sell better than cuhrazee dante, and we'll be stuck with this emo *** forever.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:51 pm

I honestly can't tell why anyone would like this game besides "OOOOOOOO PRETTY LIGHTS."
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:37 am

You get SSSensational with a 5 hit combo composed of the basic same attack. Why Ninja Theory.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:12 am

I believe they're catering to an audience who think pressing more that one button to get decent combos is too hard. Not to mention the copious amounts of media *** kissing.
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:35 am

I hate this whole thing. Ninja Theory made some incredibly arrogant and inappropriate comments directed at the game's fanbase, and in the end they are not a studio capable of delivering the level of gameplay polish DMC needs to keep that fanbase.

Their messing up of the main characters is only made worse by the pathetic narrow british-emo-punk appeal to modern youth of "the demons own the banks and are controlling us."

I hate this whole thing and hope it sells even less than Enslaved and shames the studio into some modesty.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:44 am

This was the chance to finally have the Devil May Cry series shine but no, they degrade it to a piece of crap with ridiculously easy combos and slow gameplay. Not to mention retarded character designs and the oh so predictable "save the girl" type plot.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:12 pm

Without Dante DMC is a sham and as for the new guy, it's just one more example of the 'bratification' of well loved game characters. The new 'Lara Croft' is another. I don't want Lara vulnerable, I want Lara as kick *** and arrogant as she's always been. I just knew that the writing was on the wall when they burned down her house in the last game.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:08 pm

Oh, and you know what's perfect? Not only is Donte in Sony Smash Bros, this reboot of DMC is getting a 2014/2015 sequel! The games not even out and it's getting a sequel!
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:10 pm

- Okay, I want your team to start working on the sequel.
    - But sir, the game isn't even out yet!
    - I don't care, start working on it.
    - Alright. But what about DLC? We thought you wanted DLC in DmC.
    - Yeah, we do. But we decided to stop supporting the game as soon as it comes out.
    - Why would you even do that?
    - DmC Ultimate Edition, of course!

Last edited by Azran on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:14 pm

Sony logic: Make party brawler for the playstation system, don't use iconic playstation characters!

I mean seriously, big daddy is in there! He was xbox exclusive for years! What the buck Sony!
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:16 pm

Ha, just wait 'till the Master Thief and Madio DLC.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:22 pm

Apparently all the character challenges are being cut out as DLC.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:23 pm

Did they even need to make a new DMC?

When will people learn to just leave well enough alone?
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:26 pm

SlakeMoth wrote:Without Dante DMC is a sham and as for the new guy, it's just one more example of the 'bratification' of well loved game characters. The new 'Lara Croft' is another. I don't want Lara vulnerable, I want Lara as kick *** and arrogant as she's always been. I just knew that the writing was on the wall when they burned down her house in the last game.

Honestly, I like the direction they are going with the new Lara Croft, but that's different; instead of being mercs with guns and puzzles, it's the puzzle is trying to survive while people are trying to kill her. I can at least approach that with a careful hand.

It's not exactly like they came out and said "Screw you, Tomb Raider fans!" like they did with DmC.....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:57 am