Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Rudmed
cloudyeki
Azran
bloodpixel
Slarg232
9 posters

Anyone else Rage at the Devil May Cry reboot?

SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Anyone else Rage at the Devil May Cry reboot? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone else Rage at the Devil May Cry reboot?

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:59 am

Forgive me if I'm wrong Slarg but are you a male? If so I can quite understand why the new take on 'Lara' would appeal to you. Men like their women to be dependant on their strength in real life which is why it was so refreshing to have a strong independent female character in a game. God knows, there are only a few iconic female characters as it is. The only other one I can think of is Samus Arran and look what they did to her! Female gamers need their heros too!
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Anyone else Rage at the Devil May Cry reboot? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone else Rage at the Devil May Cry reboot?

Post by bloodpixel Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:08 am

What is the new lara croft anyway?
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:35 pm

From what I can gather the new 'Lara' is a young vulnerable teenager which of course means that she has been created to appeal mainly to young teenage males.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:55 pm

SlakeMoth wrote:Forgive me if I'm wrong Slarg but are you a male? If so I can quite understand why the new take on 'Lara' would appeal to you. Men like their women to be dependant on their strength in real life which is why it was so refreshing to have a strong independent female character in a game. God knows, there are only a few iconic female characters as it is. The only other one I can think of is Samus Arran and look what they did to her! Female gamers need their heros too!

Yes I am male, however, I do not like vulnerable women, and Lara in her new "form" is not anywhere near "Vulnerable" (From what I've watched).

She is still out there by herself/independant, correct? She is still surviving on her own merits, correct? Having to use her brains to outsmart and survive in a hostile environment? I don't know, I've been trying not to spoil anything for me on that game, I'll have to go check out the trailers.

And don't get me started on Other M. That should NEVER have existed.....
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:12 pm

Well I guess we'll just have to wait and see Slarg.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:04 pm