Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Phantasmio
new deal
LD_Soze
lordgodofhell
FruitPunchNinja
WyrmHero
Uparkaam
Slarg232
Jester's Tears
reim0027
billy_bayonet
bloodpixel
DoughGuy
Tolvo
RNsunbro
Saxonberserker
Juutas
21 posters

Footage of the new arena mode!!! (spoilers)

bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Footage of the new arena mode!!! (spoilers) - Page 2 Empty Re: Footage of the new arena mode!!! (spoilers)

Post by bloodpixel Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:46 am

I wouldn't be surprised if they did change stuff for PvP. Probably no TWoP or something. Hell, they might even have a melee only mode.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Footage of the new arena mode!!! (spoilers) - Page 2 Empty Re: Footage of the new arena mode!!! (spoilers)

Post by Juutas Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:03 am

bloodpixel wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if they did change stuff for PvP. Probably no TWoP or something. Hell, they might even have a melee only mode.

It would be really cool if we could filter off some abilities. Fromsoft can't be all blind on things super unbalanced for arena mode, the question is: did they have the time to add any fixes at all? probably not.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:32 pm

Hmm... Did anyone else notice those silver knight statues?
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:35 pm

Uparkaam wrote:Hmm... Did anyone else notice those silver knight statues?

Those on the edges of the arena? yeah. There are also spikes sticking out of the walls, I wonder if they can hurt the player.
    Btw the arena area looks very similar to Sen's fortress to me.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:39 pm

Sorry I didn't read the whole 3 pages. I won't see the video but I'm eager to know: any patches you might notice??? More I-frames, poise changes...anything?
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:42 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Sorry I didn't read the whole 3 pages. I won't see the video but I'm eager to know: any patches you might notice??? More I-frames, poise changes...anything?

Didn't notice too much difference, but the guy playing had troubles pulling off backstabs so maybe..just maybe the bs window is smaller. One can hope right?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:48 pm

About to ask that, did they do roll bs or poise stab?
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:51 pm

WyrmHero wrote:About to ask that, did they do roll bs or poise stab?

No they didn't. Only one or two of them even had the fast roll and NONE of them had DWGR.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:52 pm

Most of them were fighting without poise, and it was more so the people playing probably didn't do high level PvP, because they didn't seem very skilled. Though if they were playing the PC version, they could have just been completely unused to the controls.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:57 pm

Juutas wrote:
    Uparkaam wrote:Hmm... Did anyone else notice those silver knight statues?

Those on the edges of the arena? yeah. There are also spikes sticking out of the walls, I wonder if they can hurt the player.
    Btw the arena area looks very similar to Sen's fortress to me.

Yeah the architecture looks similar to Sen's Fortress but there's some more plants and vegetation in the arena.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:57 pm

Ahhh damn, I'm crazy to know the new patches.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:09 pm

notice, no DWGR! from knows how stupid it looks xD
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:10 pm

Yeah, I'd say the lack of DWGR isn't because they changed it. Just that they don't want people to see how stupid it looks.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:14 pm

This looks very cool, i guess those blue bonfires we saw in images is the way you access this area. I really hope there is an option to remove certain items/spells. Search for players not using them ext. I translated all the written and its actually the guys 3 problems he had with it.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:19 pm

Heres google translate of what was written:

P1) PVP, which players fight each other, is not nothing new Dark Souls. But so far used to it various places on the boards: forest, near Moonlight Butterfly Garden, the bridge and the main room in Londo Anor, the ruins of the Painted World of Aramis. In the version of PCs (and add to the console, which will appear in the winter) the author adds a new opportunity - the more traditional on the prepared PVP arena. I checked it as a game and I have mixed feelings.

P2)In the film, said that "I quite like it" and "I'm full of good feeling," but the longer then I thought of this short presentation, the more I reached the conclusion that something is wrong. In the fast raise my three reasons.

HIS THREE ISSUES:
    1)First, PVP in the Dark Souls has its charm thanks to the opponents look like - fighting the phantoms, red or blue ghosts players. Here we are fighting with each other directly, with live opponents - some disappeared horror, he knows anyone who suddenly revealed the specter of another player. This could be done in many places. In the arena there is also no surprise - we know that after using the blue fire we will get to the battlefield.

2)Second, closed arena makes the people still fighting for their fall, which provokes accidental blows to the back - often two fights, and the third the cuts. It happened before, but somehow it forces the arena. It gets a little chaos.

So far, even for a naturally enclosed arenas, like the tower of the Burg Undead or near the first vendor in the deserted arena Blighttown was some possibility of finding an escape route, and move the fight to another area. Here, it is not.

3)Thirdly, the principle deathmatchu - fast respawn time limit, the sign of the current crown winner - somehow shallow experience of fighting in the Dark Souls, which has so far looked more like a knight or samurai duels. It got to be too sporty for such a dark game. I do not buy the fact that close to the ring and fight.

But ...

But since I came to the booth worker who could tell me a little about the new elements of the game, try before you go again inquire about the details of this mode. Unfortunately, as I said, there are no screenings PVE elements, that is, new enemies and weapons.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:27 pm

BTW, how did dude have so many casts of Chaos firestorm!? Think that was a fromsoft rep trolling xD
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:30 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:BTW, how did dude have so many casts of Chaos firestorm!? Think that was a fromsoft rep trolling xD

He died few times so spells probably reset after you die.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:04 pm

Yay more spoilers! This is reminding me of a dark SSB lol

The 4 players, no poise pyro, naked guy, and no poise thief with a fat roll Havel.

The pyro was owning with that spell lol. I think the Havel was probably more defensive and had less kills but also killed less.

This is great news, and I was told it does not come out until December for console? On chat they told me it was pushed back and that our wiki was out dated? anyone confirm?

Either way, I am excited for this DLC, the game has gotten stale for me, and new weps,magic and arenas/modes/bosses is just what it needs!
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:09 pm

December!........WTF!! Footage of the new arena mode!!! (spoilers) - Page 2 2707236321

Consoles should get some bonous feature or something since they decided to screw us so badly with this exclusive time. I hope they use every second of that time to improve everything they can. If not, seriously idk im losing a lot of faith in fromsoft due to this.

Last edited by FruitPunchNinja on Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    LD_Soze

Post by LD_Soze Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:10 pm

Mark my words...This arena is the worst thing that will happen to Dark Souls
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:15 pm

Oh and they already had a press release saying that in japan they will be getting the PC edition AND dlc both on Oct 25th, 2012. If thats the case, and we get the dlc in December im sorry but i will be buying the next souls game used. You guys know how much i love this game, but this is spitting in the face of all their original fans.

Last edited by FruitPunchNinja on Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    new deal
    new deal
    Casual
    Casual

Post by new deal Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:27 pm

big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin
    Phantasmio
    Phantasmio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Phantasmio Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:31 pm

The idea of the arena seems cool, so long as it doesn't harm World PvP too much. I love the fact that I should be able to organize some duels between friends and I in an easier manner, but I still love having epic fights in Anor Londo and all over the Dark Souls world. I also hope that you can continue to switch weapons within the arena. I want them to keep the PvP as similar to World PvP as possible, but I would not mind being able to include certain things you could bar from a match. I love Dark Souls for the brutality of the PvP world, but sometimes, I'm just not in the mood to get WoTG over and over again. We'll see what happens when more info is presented and displayed!
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:45 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Oh and they already had a press release saying that in japan they will be getting the PC edition AND dlc both on Oct 25th, 2012. If thats the case, and we get the dlc in December im sorry but i will be buying the next souls game used. You guys know how much i love this game, but this is spitting in the face of all their original fans.

I think it's all Namco Bandai though. They make the marketing decisions and Fromsfot has little to no say in it.
    Phantasmio
    Phantasmio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Phantasmio Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:52 pm

Juutas wrote:
    FruitPunchNinja wrote:Oh and they already had a press release saying that in japan they will be getting the PC edition AND dlc both on Oct 25th, 2012. If thats the case, and we get the dlc in December im sorry but i will be buying the next souls game used. You guys know how much i love this game, but this is spitting in the face of all their original fans.

I think it's all Namco Bandai though. They make the marketing decisions and Fromsfot has little to no say in it.

I believe you're right as well. Didn't Namco-Bandai fund the creation of the DLC/Port as well? They just basically said "Make this work on the PC" and threw them some cash to work with. From just developed the software and Namco-Bandai handles the sales and such, as this fellow above stated.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 11:59 am