Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
PastaOfDoom
RaSoul
DxV04
User
Eliteknight
Flubious
skarekrow13
xDeadFish
reim0027
Akatik
Herbo
Rynn
CrackSouls
Midgar
Carphil
Danthuyer
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
deathsdragon
Ieyfura
Tolvo
Hylian
Serious_Much
Liff Daddy
RANT
Maneater_Mildred
Spurgun
30 posters

most dissapointing boss

Hylian
    Hylian
    Addicted
    Addicted

most dissapointing boss - Page 2 Empty Re: most dissapointing boss

Post by Hylian Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:35 pm

my first try on Iron Golem he kicked me out of the stage
    next try i pwned him

i still havent reached Gwyn but until now i can say for sure the Stray Demon was by far the hardest
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:39 pm

Ashamedly the golem destroyed me numerous times. I would get him down to low health and get careless every time, was ridiculous..

Eventually i managed to beat him by knocking him on his arse, felt good lol big grin
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:09 pm

Iron Golem, never once died to him, just roll under his legs and swing at him, roll back underneath when he turns, repeat. Either that or just cast sorcery from long range, both tactics make him the easiest to me.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:26 pm

Midgar wrote:Iron Golem, never once died to him, just roll under his legs and swing at him, roll back underneath when he turns, repeat. Either that or just cast sorcery from long range, both tactics make him the easiest to me.

did you just say that just to troll my last post and how n00bish I was? silly

also, i love the way your sig gradually evolves every day or so lol!
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:30 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    Midgar wrote:Iron Golem, never once died to him, just roll under his legs and swing at him, roll back underneath when he turns, repeat. Either that or just cast sorcery from long range, both tactics make him the easiest to me.

did you just say that just to troll my last post and how n00bish I was? silly

also, i love the way your sig gradually evolves every day or so lol!

No, I've just never died to him. The very first time I fought him I just kept going under his legs or just circling around him with the autolock on, I rarely got hit. That was in NG, anything past NG I'd probably say the boss before the dragon is the easiest if he counts or maybe the Pinwheel dude. Not to mention the Iron Golem was just not a very cool looking boss.

And thanks, it's for the people that try telling me how to play and complain about everything. Not sure how much hate mail I received today at the Klin, pretty hilarious.
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:35 pm

Now that I think about it, I've changed my opinion, Bed of Chaos definitely, singlehandedly the most boring and annoying boss ever created.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:08 pm

Midgar only reason i think iron golem is alright as a boss is because he's actually a boss not taking place in a big room, most are like that.

In fact thats how i died most.. just got hit while I was running in a flew off the edge.. one time even grabbed and thrown off the edge. Boy he was horrible back then, dunno how i died to him, havent since :|
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:46 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Midgar only reason i think iron golem is alright as a boss is because he's actually a boss not taking place in a big room, most are like that.

In fact thats how i died most.. just got hit while I was running in a flew off the edge.. one time even grabbed and thrown off the edge. Boy he was horrible back then, dunno how i died to him, havent since :|

Only time I've died on him he grabbed me and threw me off the edge too. I lol'd so hard!
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:44 am

had a picasa do that to me...
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:51 am

The bed of chaos isn't a boss.
    Herbo
    Herbo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Herbo Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:21 pm

I'm going with Gwyn for most disapointing. I mean sure there may have been easier or harder boss fights in the game but the Gwyn fight was boring, easy & he was less impressive looking than just about any enemy in the game. You fight your way through the last of his awesome looking black knights and then he's like...in sweatpants with a poofy beard and dies on his knees. OH and then the weapon you get from his soul in NG+ turns out to be litterally one of the worst in its class in the game. So yeah...he get's an A for the cool back story, the sweet lightning brolts and sounding like a badass motha'....and an F for his in-game pressence.
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:38 pm

Gwyn is still constantly beating my ***. I need to figure out a way to beat him. I don't want to cheap it out by parry.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:53 pm

Bed of Chaos gets my vote. Could have been much better.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:23 pm

i remember fighting gwyn with a great shield and pike, good god without parrying hes a right monster! i ended up kiting him around a stalagtite to beat him.... also with phantoms he's plain pathetic....
    xDeadFish
    xDeadFish

Post by xDeadFish Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:38 pm

BoC... no doubt about it... my expectations at first of that boss were high and after fighting it, i felt like i had been taken my cookie away from me.
    There is no "battle/fight", and when u die by getting swiped down a crack in the floor or miss/roll off the root are some of the most aggravating deaths in the game (PvE that is...)

I would love it if there was a similar boss, in the next follow-up game from From, like Old King Doran from DeS.The first time I managed to kill that old geezer was one of the most satisfying gaming achievements i've got on my PS3 (this was kinda off-topic..)
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:44 pm

I like the Gwyn as most disappointing because of the build up and he is pretty ordinary looking. It was refreshing/disappointing that he didn't steal souls from me. I half expected that since a there is many an homage to Demon's Souls. However, for me, the build up and fight was almost justified. I beat him without a Pure Bladestone amount of effort but he did get me several times. Also, compared to most bosses he's super aggressive and getting a breather can be a pain. So basing my vote for most disappointing on the opposite of those conditions (lack of aggression, too easy to beat after build up etc) is Quelaag. The build up is amazing for this boss...you have the human female top which stands out in dramatic contrast to the rest of the game and then it's in on top of a giant lava breathing spider. Good work on the design and entrance for sure but she's the only boss I have never lost to. The first time you fight any boss is supposed to be epic, with racing heart, sweaty hands and nailbiting trying to figure out your eventual winning strategy. That fight started that way and after she was half dead, all I could think was...."I got this, no biggie." My second fight with her was even worse. The only reason I was damaged at all was because I got cute running around to let my bleed build up go down (Lifehunt for life) and I stepped in some lava. I'm a better safe than sorry guy so I used some Estus......which she graciously gave me plenty of time for despite being only a couple steps out of swiping distance from me.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:52 pm

and i found a new infinite stun tactic for quelaag... shoot her in the lady parts (the human area of her body) and she'll stun from one hit giving enough time to get another shot off stunning her again, also you do more damage if you hit her there instead of on the spider area.
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:59 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:and i found a new infinite stun tactic for quelaag... shoot her in the lady parts (the human area of her body) and she'll stun from one hit giving enough time to get another shot off stunning her again, also you do more damage if you hit her there instead of on the spider area.

If you hit anyone in the lady parts, you'll always do more damage. I thought this was common knowledge.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:01 pm

Akatik wrote:
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:and i found a new infinite stun tactic for quelaag... shoot her in the lady parts (the human area of her body) and she'll stun from one hit giving enough time to get another shot off stunning her again, also you do more damage if you hit her there instead of on the spider area.

If you hit anyone in the lady parts, you'll always do more damage. I thought this was common knowledge.

Totally win
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:02 pm

Akatik wrote:

By that idea when you Parry Gwyn for extra damage you should hit him right in his...Oh...
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:04 pm

yes but i wasn't sure it would work on spider woman so i tested it and ended pinning her up for my insect collection...
    Flubious
    Flubious
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Flubious Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:46 pm

Nito. Only lord to never kill me.
    Eliteknight
    Eliteknight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eliteknight Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:58 pm

So many people say Gwyn in the hardest boss if you can't parry? One question;

WHY?

I literally just 2 handed an ultra greatsword with sunlight blade buff and beat on him till he died chugging estus whenever my health got to low. only occasionally rolling to dodge the grab. He must have died in like 6 hits, basically no skill or strategy involved. :/
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:42 am

lvl and how powerful a great sword and how much str and faith?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:53 am

If the gaping Dragon had a Channeler or two you could not reach, the fight would be cooler.

If the Room in Nito's area was held by those skeleton beasts instead of puny and large skeletons, maybe.

If the Bed of Chaos wasn;t a *****, and instead you fought against something that didn;t look like an ocopus tree that cheats with the fire tempest when trying to reach the Witch, maybe.

If seath was helped by a Moonlight Butterfly, maybe

If the taurus demon had a narrower ledge, maybe

If the Capra Demon had four dogs instead of two, or there were twin capras, maybe

If the Chaos Witch Spider was able to case a chaos firestorm or a chaos fireball instead of chaos vomit, maybe

If the gargoyles had all four of those statues, or multiple ones, attacking you, maybe

If Gwyn was supported by Black Knight phantoms, maybe

If Smough and Ornstein were given less pillars and room in the area, maybe

If the iron Giant was helped by something other than dumb clutsy legging, maybe

If the Ceasless Discharge did not have a gaping crater in which the player can hide in, maybe. If the centipede Demon can cplit up and kill the player, maybe.

If the butterfly in the forest was two and not one, maybe.

If pinwheel duplicated into six-eight people at the start, maybe.

if crossbreed had more movesets, maybe

If Gwyndolin's Spells were cast faster, and their was more variety, maybe

Sadly, their isn't any change of movesets and events, and when players play dark souls over and over, the bosses begin to dwindle. As well, those who see bosses as hard others see as easy, depending on certain circumstances and the being itself. Sadly such difficulties of bosses were not too extreme for the player to not even pass all the bosses before yelling at the game for such extreme measure, but that is the sacrifice of repetition. If they had made every NG+ harder by how each boss was laid up in terms of adding mechanics or new movsets or events, maybe. At last, their isn't.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:10 pm