Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+33
XachAttack
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
fearandwhiskey
ChizFreak
Automancer
Emergence
cloudyeki
Soris Ice Goldwing
T-King-667
WyrmHero
BLA1NE
DoughGuy
skarekrow13
Carphil
steveswede
Seignar
Baal-Avatar
BackwardsBaboon
RANT
Phoenix Rising
reim0027
StarScarJenova
CaligoIllioneus
Noob-of-Artorias
Jester's Tears
User
FruitPunchNinja
dianaduh
Darksomething56
The Letter X
russiannightmare
Krasouski
AquaZeroX26
37 posters

DARK SOULS 2 - Announced! Complete info, first trailer, custom wallpaper

reim0027
    reim0027

DARK SOULS 2 - Announced! Complete info, first trailer, custom wallpaper - Page 3 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - Announced! Complete info, first trailer, custom wallpaper

Post by reim0027 Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:41 am

Hey Blaine! Nice Avvy mod!

Umm, back OT - DkS FTW!
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

DARK SOULS 2 - Announced! Complete info, first trailer, custom wallpaper - Page 3 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - Announced! Complete info, first trailer, custom wallpaper

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:41 am

Faking a trailer on the VGAs would be quite a feat. I think this is just a surprise from From. I am a bit confused, i have to admit.
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:43 am

Acidic_Cook wrote:You feel it too, Duh?

yea, it's not something I'd expect but maybe it's because they don't want to show anything about the gameplay so far, I can't tell.

also by the fact that there's no mention of From, I don't think they'd rush, they just want to make us all anxious. again.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:45 am

Stickying this until we get a more official resource thread put together.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:46 am

I think it is part of IGN too. Let me check.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:47 am

so is this gonna be a prequel?
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:47 am

reim0027 wrote:Hey Blaine! Nice Avvy mod!

Umm, back OT - DkS FTW!
    Thanks, and I like yours too! I would've waited a little longer before pulling out my holiday hat, but you had yours already so I figured I might as well too. happy
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:48 am

RantFromRant wrote:well hopefully atlus is publishing this one.
    Atlus is a sony owned company i beleive, so if they are doing this then its gonna be a ps3/pc exclusive. And dident i call this out in my thread yesterday? i bet within two months the next souls game will be announced... 1 day later.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:49 am

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/12/08/dark-souls-ii-announced

IGN covered it, too.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:49 am

RantFromRant wrote:so is this gonna be a prequel?

The presence of a Kalameet looking dragon confirms it for me.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:50 am

Everyone is going crazy over it atm.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:52 am

The Letter X my biggest concern is that if this is the real thing then unless From has already been developing Dark Souls II, this might end up like Dragon Age II. Not that it was a bad game just that Dragon Age II, if given more time could have seen so much more improvement. Look at Angry Joe's review.

Anyway I think that the sequel should be a milestone from the first and this trailer is a little close for me to get hyped up That much. Man I hate being the one to do this.:pale:
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:53 am

I would rather this be an individual story. The images could all be just throwbacks to Dark Souls but not actually relate to it.

Anyways, I'll be honest, I don't really have high hopes here. This feels rushed and not very Dark or Demon Soul-y. The elements of dragons and medieval is there...but to me, something is...missing.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:54 am

How does it feel rushed? We've seen 1 minute of a trailer.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:56 am

First impressions Reim. Then again, I suck at getting "feelings" so it could be just me being fearful or worried this won't live up to its hype.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:57 am

Look Skyward

For Gwyn's sake, don't try gathering facts NOW! Didn't I just warn to wait til we get a bit more info?
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:57 am

The art style feels really different...I don't know.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:57 am

Agree with Cloud Yeti.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:57 am

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:The Letter X my biggest concern is that if this is the real thing then unless From has already been developing Dark Souls II, this might end up like Dragon Age II. Not that it was a bad game just that Dragon Age II, if given more time could have seen so much more improvement. Look at Angry Joe's review.

Anyway I think that the sequel should be a milestone from the first and this trailer is a little close for me to get hyped up That much. Man I hate being the one to do this.:pale:

Who knows how long they've been working on it? I'm all for releasing it as late as possible, but that just doesn't happen anymore. The past few bigger games that have been released have been rushed, and I've seen many more. Even if DkS2 is rushed, it won't bother me because it will still be an expansion to my favorite game of all time.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:57 am

My biggest concern is the graphics jump. I know it's likely cutscenes and current consoles could do that but From is not a huge company so either they used their money to expand the team, this is next gen.

I guess a big company could be supporting like gangbusters too. And there was a Sony Rep who lamented the loss of the series
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:59 am

For Gwyn's sake, don't try gathering facts NOW! Didn't I just warn to wait til we get a bit more info?
    I think this is the best we can do.
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:59 am

Seignar wrote:
    I would rather this be an individual story. The images could all be just throwbacks to Dark Souls but not actually relate to it.

Anyways,
    I'll be honest, I don't really have high hopes here. This feels rushed
    and not very Dark or Demon Soul-y. The elements of dragons and medieval
    is there...but to me, something is...missing.

of course something is missing,we don't see much of action in this trailer, the amosphere is different.

I don't think atlus would take it, they've done so much to give people
    from xbox and pc the chance to play it, wouldn't make sense to make it exclusive again.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:02 am

i think what seigner is trying to say is that it looks like one of those generic elder scroll previews, you know the whole dragons thing and you beating the crap out of everything.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:09 am

reim0027 wrote:How does it feel rushed? We've seen 1 minute of a trailer.

reim0027 I think it's because of the development time of modern games especially a series. When a developer wants a series he should make the first one good or great, and use that as the stepping stone for improvment in the next. The Elder Scolls are a prime example of this done right as well as Mass Effect. These developers put years of work to make the next games better than the last. I think we might have gotten trolled or From has been working on this since the Dark Souls I launch.

Also: Someone find From's website that says they released this or are working on this!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:09 am

I admit I like how riddled with arrows the character is. Here's the problem with the trailer. The elephant in the room we've all missed. This follows a single character in what looks like a story. Here's the problem: Unless they're really upping their skills, Souls cutscenes show......us. This is more like the Oscar trailer. Wonderful to watch but only after you're immersed in the gameplay.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:36 am