Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+33
XachAttack
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
fearandwhiskey
ChizFreak
Automancer
Emergence
cloudyeki
Soris Ice Goldwing
T-King-667
WyrmHero
BLA1NE
DoughGuy
skarekrow13
Carphil
steveswede
Seignar
Baal-Avatar
BackwardsBaboon
RANT
Phoenix Rising
reim0027
StarScarJenova
CaligoIllioneus
Noob-of-Artorias
Jester's Tears
User
FruitPunchNinja
dianaduh
Darksomething56
The Letter X
russiannightmare
Krasouski
AquaZeroX26
37 posters

DARK SOULS 2 - Announced! Complete info, first trailer, custom wallpaper

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

DARK SOULS 2 - Announced! Complete info, first trailer, custom wallpaper - Page 4 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - Announced! Complete info, first trailer, custom wallpaper

Post by DoughGuy Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:10 am

FROM's website is impossible to navigate lol. You can reach the official sites of the last 4 games they released and thats it. Nothing I could see. Nothing on NAMCO's fb or website either.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

DARK SOULS 2 - Announced! Complete info, first trailer, custom wallpaper - Page 4 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - Announced! Complete info, first trailer, custom wallpaper

Post by User Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:11 am

You think that Skyrim was an Improvement on Oblivion?

I am sure others would disagree upon some of this analysis with other sequel tie ins. People prefered to play Morrowind instead of Oblivion, and some say the older Eldar Scrolls were better.

I don't have much say for Mass Effect, I only played the third one with just a Sniper Rifle... nothing else.

Pow, Pow.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:11 am

Skare gets it! Hallelujah!
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:11 am

cloudyeki wrote: DARK SOULS 2 - Announced! Complete info, first trailer, custom wallpaper - Page 4 2707236321

For Gwyn's sake, don't try gathering facts NOW! Didn't I just warn to wait til we get a bit more info?

You can't stop others from having fun. Just let it be. We're just exhilarated.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:12 am

GUYS WAIT READ THIS!

The trailer has been taken down, but I managed to record it, I will upload it in no time, give some minutes!
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:15 am

I know auto, I'd just like people to take this with a grain of salt. We've been given a short video with no clear idea on how it relates to Dark Souls, and people are snapping at it like a guard dog on a short change trying to maul the neighbor kid.

I'm trying my hand at damage control, keep the misinformation flow from an over scrutinized video to a minimum. Last I checked we had the whole saving Sif and Pygmy hunt debacle because some git on an image board said that the pendant can do that.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:16 am

http://www.darksoulsii.com/ here's the official site, confirms current gen and Fromsoft/NAMCO BANDAI
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:16 am

ChizFreak wrote:GUYS WAIT READ THIS!

The trailer has been taken down, but I managed to record it, I will upload it in no time, give some minutes!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8VIX6j1KnQ
    EDIT: it was working like 5 mins ago, damnit.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:17 am

T-King-667 wrote:

The uploader has not made this available.

Sorry about that.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:18 am

ChizFreak wrote:
    T-King-667 wrote:

Sorry about that.
    It was working virtually 2 mins ago
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:18 am

I'm processing the trailer, give some minutes and I will upload it.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:19 am

T-King-667 wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:
    T-King-667 wrote:

Sorry about that.
    It was working virtually 2 mins ago

I know, that's why I will make my video unlisted and only show it to you guys, and I will name it with a tricky name.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:20 am

FruitPunchNinja wrote:http://www.darksoulsii.com/ here's the official site, confirms current gen and Fromsoft/NAMCO BANDAI

Ok! Thank you! Things are not so surreal now....lmao!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:20 am

www.famitsu.com/news/201212/08025317.html
    According to ThatPerson this article confirms the trailer as correct
    ">December
    8, 2012, Namco Bandai and From Software has announced that it has
    jointly developed, "DARK SOULS Ⅱ" latest action RPG "DARK SOULS" series
    in full swing."
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:21 am

Sadly it will take longer than expected, because I'm reducing the video file size, so I can upload it faster, it's a double-edged blade, but it's better to wait 30 minutes and upload 71 MB than wait 4 hours to upload 3 GB.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:22 am

So the official site states that From and NB are in charge of the game. DkS was originally fully developed by From. I'm guessing NB wanted to put their dirty fingers in there.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:24 am

Namco-Bandai produced the first one too, auto
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:24 am

cloudyeki wrote:Namco-Bandai produced the first one too, auto

Yeah they are besides the producers the publishers.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:25 am

Fingers crossed FROM have the balls to pick an ending and make it a sequel rather than running away from player choice and making it a prequel.
    fearandwhiskey
    fearandwhiskey
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fearandwhiskey Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:27 am

So exited! Also hello. ❤
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:27 am

Hello Whiskey.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:28 am

I just wanted to say that in the trailer at 0:53 we can see a knight, kneeling with his sword, and you can clearly see is Gwyn, because he is holding the GreatLord GreatSword. When I finish processing and uploading the video I will make an analysis.

Last edited by ChizFreak on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:28 am

Acidic_Cook wrote:...

You think that Skyrim was an Improvement on Oblivion?

I am sure others would disagree upon some of this analysis with other sequel tie ins. People prefered to play Morrowind instead of Oblivion, and some say the older Eldar Scrolls were better.

Heh we all have our favorites and prefer some games in a series over another. Honestly I like Oblivion better for the music, interaction, and it plays straight into one of my favorite genres: medieval. On Topic: I prefer a game that has a several years gap between games to see what can be done than something made in a year or less. Dark Soulsstunned me when I played it, playing to many games I think are easy and I wanted a **** good challenge. Like I said before: the second should fix what was wrong in the first and expand on the story of the first.

Sorry but I can't type really fast.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:30 am

ChizFreak wrote:I just wanted to say that in the trailer at 0:53 we can see a knight, kneeling with his sword, and you can clearly see is Gwyn, because he is holding the GreatLord GreatSword. When I finish processing and uploading the video I will make an analysis.

That's the traler character, not Gwyn. Notice the difference in sword size compared to the GLGS. Way too small. Don't let the hype cloud your senses, bro!
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:30 am

cloudyeki wrote:Namco-Bandai produced the first one too, auto

Yes, they produced it. But they did not make the game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:28 am