Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+149
Ahhotep1
SlothAlmighty
skarekrow13
Shakie666
Phenetylaminos
HereticForLife
Wilkinson3424
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
diddle
Fayt
GravelordZealot
SATLOS
Mireneye
PhlyingDutchman
jaythibodeau
ChizFreak
Emergence
Sentiel
steveswede
Serafiem
SadPanda
Thuggernaut
StiffNipples
FreeSergey
GenericUsername
DxV04
phastings
DyingAce
chaos4ever181
Buttcheekofdeth
Halicarnassis
vixder/pennywise
bloodpixel
Dessembrae
MrDynogames
morte
Dibsville
ser-john
vegan666
User1
xtal84
garrettegge
Jester's Tears
Z3nMast3r
Rayko
ollebsson
jimmyc0341
Ashran
dragonbeast6
RedderAI
The Once-Ler
Gyonimizotetsu
Slarg232
Acarnatia
Oh_the_Humanity
Shkar
Derpwraith
amaro57
ublug
MrMan
Agent Talon
CaptanSpudsy
Forum Pirate
Sargerus
dormancy
reim0027
ExecutionerTri
MasterofShadows
ComaPrison
ak1287
X-government-agent
bosslugger
Strigoi
Mr. Tart
Sloth9230
GkMrBane
Infighter
dancash1808
ViralEnsign_
Yukon
Qawdz
chuck woolery
Soulbreak
MagisterM
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
BartholomewWenceslas
Aevun
>Brave<
Macromute
defacto
Tomhet
Phoenix Rising
Kerberos-013
CaligoIllioneus
sciicers
Back Lot Basher
Seignar
FexDS
carlucio
BIG TIME MASTER
FruitPunchNinja
Zechk
DE5PA1R
callipygias
Forcefed
PlasticandRage
RANT
Rainraey
dianaduh
Frostacar
F3N.R1R
TehInfamousAmos
Onion Knight
Ser Isaac
Major_kenny
Nightmare Moon
Juutas
raecor14
passivefamiliar
Marino.
Ghiblier
bart95
The Letter X
Serious_Much
iGBx
Sal Paradise
Bamjam
new deal
The_Hallion
Dogwelder
Tolvo
Spurgun
hageshisa
mugenis4real
XachAttack
Rarayn
Everynevers
eminusx
LordSolaire
Derpin_Errday
jankenneth_10
Espada Muerta
Argetlam350
Noob-of-Artorias
cloudyeki
Icegodzilla
DoughGuy
Shindori
Anonymous Proxy
153 posters

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 15 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:05 pm

It's been nice knowing you guys.
    ComaPrison
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 15 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Post by ComaPrison Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:31 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:It's been nice knowing you guys.

When Dark Souls 2 is released, I'll be masturbating so furiously that I receive a message indicating "You Lit The Bonfire". That's how hard I'm riding the hype train.
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:14 am

The difference in the interviews between eastern and western developers is pretty interesting.

Most western devs straight up lie about what the game is going to be. They always tell you that it's bigger and better and use vague words hoping you'll dream up whatever you think is the best.

In the interview he said that it's not going to be bigger than Dark Souls just more focused. That is pretty honest. I also like how they know how important the fans are and are working hard to impress us. Western devs get an ego about them that really destroys games quick.

I love the bit about DLC. I'm really glad they are planning DLC this time out. Can't wait to see what they come up with. The abyss DLC was one of the best DLCs I've ever played by far. I love going through the content every playthrough.

I also can't wait to see what new multiplayer stuff they have planned. With a dedicated server the ideas really are limitless. They can even have server wide holiday events! Can't wait to see what happens.

Also I'm totally OK with the beginning being easy to ease players in. But ONLY if the beginning areas become brutal on NG+. No excuse for them not to be. You survived the whole game. If you are one of the rare players who plays through NG+ you want it to be brutal.
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:52 am

ComaPrison wrote:

When Dark Souls 2 is released, I'll be masturbating so furiously that I receive a message indicating "You Lit The Bonfire". That's how hard I'm riding the hype train.
    Well that escalated quickly.
    ak1287
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ak1287 Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:37 pm

InfiniteDoomsday wrote:
    ComaPrison wrote:

Well that escalated quickly.

I dunno. Seemed like the proper level of escalation to me.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:47 pm

CommaPrison just added 110 magic damage to his right hand weapon
    ComaPrison
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ComaPrison Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:39 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:CommaPrison just added 110 magic damage to his right hand weapon

Touché.

http://www.sodahead.com/fun/if-you-could-learn-one-magic-spell-which-one-would-you-choose/question-3326149/?link=ibaf&q=&imgurl=http://i.qkme.me/3r4tz0.jpg
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:43 am

NEED MORE PESSIMISTIC ASSUMPTIONS.

GO GO!
    ComaPrison
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ComaPrison Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:12 am

Anonymous Proxy wrote:NEED MORE PESSIMISTIC ASSUMPTIONS.

GO GO!

I'm sorry. I'm all pessimist-ed out. I'm all about hoping for the best now, while being prepared for the worst. Best case scenario is that I enjoy DS2 as the best game in the soul series. Worst case scenario is it turns out to be a total heap of crud. Likely scenario is that it's something in between.
    ak1287
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ak1287 Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:12 pm

ComaPrison wrote:

GO GO!

I'm sorry. I'm all pessimist-ed out. I'm all about hoping for the best now, while being prepared for the worst. Best case scenario is that I enjoy DS2 as the best game in the soul series. Worst case scenario is it turns out to be a total heap of crud. Likely scenario is that it's something in between.

I'm amazed by the suddenness of this turnaround, Coma. What could we have done to make your transition into intelligent, rational human being quicker?
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:19 pm

C'mon now, Coma's been on good behavior. No need to taunt him.
    ak1287
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ak1287 Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:24 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:C'mon now, Coma's been on good behavior. No need to taunt him.

Sorry, I know that sounded taunting, but it wasn't meant to be; I'm actually really curious if the 4gamer interview was the impetus, or if s/he just decided there wasn't enough information to be so pessimistic.
    ComaPrison
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ComaPrison Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:20 pm

ak1287 wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:C'mon now, Coma's been on good behavior. No need to taunt him.

Sorry, I know that sounded taunting, but it wasn't meant to be; I'm actually really curious if the 4gamer interview was the impetus, or if s/he just decided there wasn't enough information to be so pessimistic.

ak1287 wrote:
    ComaPrison wrote:

GO GO!

I'm amazed by the suddenness of this turnaround, Coma. What could we have done to make your transition into intelligent, rational human being quicker?

It was almost entirely the result of the 4gamer interview. And also just the fact that a lot of my earlier antics were flat out trolling. I'm vastly more intelligent and rational than you might have imagined. It's part of why ape-shii mental trolling is such a fun diversion... it's a novel thing to me that I don't get to do nearly enough.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:53 pm

ComaPrison wrote:. I'm vastly more intelligent and rational than you might have imagined.

Well you grasped typing so we already knew that winking
    also why are we all out to get you. from the apperance of the above I havent seen such a outcry since jester and the hundred threads war :affraid:
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:58 pm

You guys should just ignore Dan. He somehow got out of his room, and we need to get him back in there again.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:01 pm

Spurgun wrote:I demand you to post more outside of the LoL thread Dan.

Its all your fault spurgun! you have ushered in a thousand years of darkness across the forums!
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:06 pm

I had forgotten how irritating you can be silly

On the other hand, i can just ignore you. Problem solved.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:43 am

Important quote:
    Shibuya:
    "It’s not a sequel in terms of story, but that doesn’t mean the feel of the world is completely different. The game is set in the same world as the previous title, but the story takes place in a different location and with different humans (players).
    "

Perhaps I'm just grasping, but it says NOTHING about being in a different time. Perhaps it occurs simultaneously to Dark Souls?
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:26 pm

Shkar wrote:

Important quote:
    Shibuya:
    "It’s not a sequel in terms of story, but that doesn’t mean the feel of the world is completely different. The game is set in the same world as the previous title, but the story takes place in a different location and with different humans (players).
    "

Perhaps I'm just grasping, but it says NOTHING about being in a different time. Perhaps it occurs simultaneously to Dark Souls?

Neither ending makes the world end so I'm not sure why it can't be after Dark Souls.

The link the fire ending keeps the flame going which would be the obvious choice for a sequel ending.

But the Dark Lord ending doesn't mean the flame dies right away either. It could takes hundreds or even thousands of years for the flame to die.

Really these guys are really talented at coming up with lore. So I'm sure they could have it set anytime and anywhere and they would make it make sense.
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:49 am

What I'm really curious about is how there going to incorporate "time" into DkSII. I quote,

"Time is one of the central keywords we're keeping in mind as we create this. I can't give concrete details about this yet, so hopefully you'll be able to use your imagination for now."

That sounds interesting. I wonder in there will be time travel throughout the game, kinda like the DLC for DkS. I did like the idea of visiting the forest in the daytime. Great idea to conserve time when making the DLC. I have to admit I was a little disappointed when I saw they just re-did the forest. Didn't even change it up that much, especially in the Royal Forest.

Anyways what are your thoughts on the way "time" can be incorporated into DkSII.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:06 am

Yeah, I'm calling time travel again.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:13 pm

Thread updated with a discovery by the user "hey its andres".

Info added:

UPDATE 28/12/2012:
    In the official trailer video in YouTube, uploaded by
    "NamcoBandaiGamesEU", we can see they added an annotation in the top
    right corner, saying "Defeat the Dragons! Join Us!", clicking it will
    lead you to their channel. This suggests Dark Souls II's story may have
    to do with killing Dragons. We don't know if they are actually
    "returning" to life, because we don't know yet the time and space of
    Dark Souls II.

Thanks to the user "hey its andres" for discovering this.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:13 pm

ChizFreak wrote:This suggests Dark Souls II's story may have to do with killing Dragons. We don't know if they are actually "returning" to life, because we don't know yet the time and space of Dark Souls II.
    I also got the feeling that the ign? interviewer hit the nail on the head when he asked something like "so, is the next game called dragon souls or what?" during the dlc interview, and miyazaki answered "that's an interesting idea".
    ComaPrison
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ComaPrison Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:57 am

ublug wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:This suggests Dark Souls II's story may have to do with killing Dragons. We don't know if they are actually "returning" to life, because we don't know yet the time and space of Dark Souls II.
    I also got the feeling that the ign? interviewer hit the nail on the head when he asked something like "so, is the next game called dragon souls or what?" during the dlc interview, and miyazaki answered "that's an interesting idea".

Oh God. Skyrim Souls.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:15 am

I think you mean 'Oh Old One. Skyrim Souls.'

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:50 pm