Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+149
Ahhotep1
SlothAlmighty
skarekrow13
Shakie666
Phenetylaminos
HereticForLife
Wilkinson3424
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
diddle
Fayt
GravelordZealot
SATLOS
Mireneye
PhlyingDutchman
jaythibodeau
ChizFreak
Emergence
Sentiel
steveswede
Serafiem
SadPanda
Thuggernaut
StiffNipples
FreeSergey
GenericUsername
DxV04
phastings
DyingAce
chaos4ever181
Buttcheekofdeth
Halicarnassis
vixder/pennywise
bloodpixel
Dessembrae
MrDynogames
morte
Dibsville
ser-john
vegan666
User1
xtal84
garrettegge
Jester's Tears
Z3nMast3r
Rayko
ollebsson
jimmyc0341
Ashran
dragonbeast6
RedderAI
The Once-Ler
Gyonimizotetsu
Slarg232
Acarnatia
Oh_the_Humanity
Shkar
Derpwraith
amaro57
ublug
MrMan
Agent Talon
CaptanSpudsy
Forum Pirate
Sargerus
dormancy
reim0027
ExecutionerTri
MasterofShadows
ComaPrison
ak1287
X-government-agent
bosslugger
Strigoi
Mr. Tart
Sloth9230
GkMrBane
Infighter
dancash1808
ViralEnsign_
Yukon
Qawdz
chuck woolery
Soulbreak
MagisterM
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
BartholomewWenceslas
Aevun
>Brave<
Macromute
defacto
Tomhet
Phoenix Rising
Kerberos-013
CaligoIllioneus
sciicers
Back Lot Basher
Seignar
FexDS
carlucio
BIG TIME MASTER
FruitPunchNinja
Zechk
DE5PA1R
callipygias
Forcefed
PlasticandRage
RANT
Rainraey
dianaduh
Frostacar
F3N.R1R
TehInfamousAmos
Onion Knight
Ser Isaac
Major_kenny
Nightmare Moon
Juutas
raecor14
passivefamiliar
Marino.
Ghiblier
bart95
The Letter X
Serious_Much
iGBx
Sal Paradise
Bamjam
new deal
The_Hallion
Dogwelder
Tolvo
Spurgun
hageshisa
mugenis4real
XachAttack
Rarayn
Everynevers
eminusx
LordSolaire
Derpin_Errday
jankenneth_10
Espada Muerta
Argetlam350
Noob-of-Artorias
cloudyeki
Icegodzilla
DoughGuy
Shindori
Anonymous Proxy
153 posters

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 26 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Post by Emergence Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:44 pm

http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/dark-souls-2-weapon-customization-and-upgrade-details-posted

Few new tidbits but several new images there. Would love some help getting them on the wiki.
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 26 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Post by jaythibodeau Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:50 pm

Emergence wrote:http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/dark-souls-2-weapon-customization-and-upgrade-details-posted

Few new tidbits but several new images there.  Would love some help getting them on the wiki.

In “Dark Souls 2,” players can now add two different elements together when they upgrade their weapons. One example that was used is being able to combine the effects of fire and poison. Both properties should provide lingering damages to enemies who are vulnerable.

The first “Dark Souls” video game includes a weapon customization and upgrade element. You can use select items you acquired in your journey to add more effects to your weaponry. Among the categories that can be improved include higher attack power and elemental properties. However, they can only choose one effect over the other in the original title.

The ability to combine two different elements for weapons in “Dark Souls 2” will result in a deeper combat experience.

Huh, so I guess it's been clarified that you can upgrade through two paths. Instead of using a buff or something on an elemental weapon. I'm interested to see how scaling will be with upgrade paths like Magic and Divine.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:13 pm

I'm going to shamelessly plug the new wiki here: darksouls2wiki.wikispaces.com silly

Pretty please help us and take a moment or two to add any new insights to the wiki. If you are sitting down to read and discuss articles it won't take more than a few minutes to add stuff. Every new bit, no matter how minor has a place it fits into on the wiki. The wiki is the strength of the forums and the reason the forums are even able to be here, so the more robust and complete it is, the better the rest of the site is. There are a lot of articles coming out weekly and more new info coming out than people realize, we can't keep up with it all so we need all the help we can. It's a great way to give back tothe community and it's a positive feedback loop as it helps newcomers and infuses new life into the site!
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:26 pm

Emergence wrote:I'm going to shamelessly plug the new wiki here: darksouls2wiki.wikispaces.com silly

Pretty please help us and take a moment or two to add any new insights to the wiki.  If you are sitting down to read and discuss articles it won't take more than a few minutes to add stuff.  Every new bit, no matter how minor has a place it fits into on the wiki.  The wiki is the strength of the forums and the reason the forums are even able to be here, so the more robust and complete it is, the better the rest of the site is.  There are a lot of articles coming out weekly and more new info coming out than people realize, we can't keep up with it all so we need all the help we can.  It's a great way to give back tothe community and it's a positive feedback loop as it helps newcomers and infuses new life into the site!
    I'm currently waiting for permission to add on to it. Praise the Sun 
    I'm assuming that it's perfectly fine to add any sort of relevant information, even though it might be subject to change once the game releases?
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:31 pm

Yup, as long as noted as speculation it's quite alright. At this point nothing is set in stone. Accepting your app now btw, thanks!
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:54 pm

Nice, calm, thoughtout analysis here. No jumping to conclusions or making rumours, just good explainations of things.

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:49 pm

Emergence wrote:http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/dark-souls-2-weapon-customization-and-upgrade-details-posted

Few new tidbits but several new images there.  Would love some help getting them on the wiki.
    I believe those aren't new, they have been in the Dark Souls 2 official web site for a while. If you see the my before yours you will see that I used several of them (from the official site) to make the pack of wallpapers silly

And that article is poorly written, kind of confusing. The guy wasn't clear enough and I even think he understood incorrectly the info: Dark Souls II will let you use 2 resins (or similar), not 2 upgrade paths. If you read the article from VG that he points up as his source you will see that it states that, and not what the guy there says.
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:50 pm

New teaser trailer for Dark Souls 2.. Um ill say it looks like the expensive marketing campaign has commenced, as this shows zero gameplay and looks like an ad for a discovery channel reality show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSr0x6Gd658

what does everyone make of this ad? are they going to go the route of an actor who portrays the player-character knight? strange
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:31 pm

phastings wrote:New teaser trailer for Dark Souls 2.. Um ill say it looks like the expensive marketing campaign has commenced, as this shows zero gameplay and looks like an ad for a discovery channel reality show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSr0x6Gd658

what does everyone make of this ad? are they going to go the route of an actor who portrays the player-character knight? strange
    Thread updated with that.

This is the official version of that trailer (has some extra bits at the end and info in the description):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeVxIWDaHd8
    PhlyingDutchman
    PhlyingDutchman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by PhlyingDutchman Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:53 pm

SadPanda wrote:
    Serafiem wrote:Not sure if this has been posted yet, but here it is:
    http://clickonline.com/games/exclusive-interview-from-software/18743/
    "The world is the kingdom once prospered in the past with few survivors"

I'm starting to think the game will take place in Zena or Carim. I personally favor Zena because some things seem almost mechanical. Like on the way to the Mirror Knight, the statues come to life like they were machines. Balder seems like a brutish land based on the basic war strategy of "attack". Carim seems like a passive land that's focused on helping it's people. And if Astora mimics real life in some way, it would be safe to assume there was a Dark Ages where science and industry were halted. Zena seems like the land where science and mechanical things are the highest priority. Nothing is known of Zena, and we haven't seen most of the things before that we have from the Dark Souls II previews, so personally I believe Zena is a major candidate for the area Dark Souls II takes place in.
    I'm strongly thinking Thorolund, and here's why:

We've already seen plenty of hollow paladins in the gameplay, and we know that Paladin Leeroy was the first undead of the Way of White - see the Paladin armor description. Everyone else from the Way of White is specifically "of Thorolund" - Petrus, Reah, Vince, and Nico, and only in Lordran on a mission to seek kindling. Perhaps Leeroy was just the first undead of what would become a complete outbreak, ravaging Thorolund with the undead curse. Without a sufficient supply of Humanity, and with none of the missionaries from the Way of White successfully retrieving the art of kindling from Lordran, Thorolund's undead population hollowed, and the once proud kingdom crumbled, which is where I think we'll find it in Dark Souls II.

Did I miss some critical detail, lore-experts?
    Mireneye

Post by Mireneye Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:38 am

Not in opposition to your points rather something to concider is that dual wielding is a thing in Carim. And since it's a prominent featrue in gameplay and trailer it seems to make sense.

Finally, if you think about it. Lordran already encompasses a bunch of areas. Izalith and Old Oolacile being two of the big areas. It's VERY VERY Possible I think that Dark Souls II will have a union of some sort between several lands we have heard of. 

Lordran seems to be "the land of the lords" It does not imply "lands" then again, maybe the lords just took over and called it Lordran. (Lordran, Run by lords?)

A lot of times people seem to forget to place lore information correctly in correlation to when things take place.

My point is maybe they will give this 'area' a modern day name but it's actually a union of several lands. And in the lore pieces we will only find hints to where we actually are. Much like DkS, keeping the mystery alive and intact!
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:11 am

The thing that I've been thinking of are people suggesting places we've heard of, or if in the future or past they're even around.
    Mireneye

Post by Mireneye Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:18 am

Good point SadPanda ^^ It's might be likely it might focus in time periods of a few areas more so than many areas.

Looking forward to seeing if Gamescom will reveal something!
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:09 am

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:59 am

That guy is pretty damn good at forging, not surprise he does it for films.

Bit of a let down at the end when you see the person walking in it and they're moving like they need a walking stick lol
    SATLOS
    SATLOS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SATLOS Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:23 pm

New article at Kotaku:

http://kotaku.com/dark-souls-2-owes-me-no-favors-and-i-respect-that-1340462194

Several new/interesting things mentioned:

-The 1/2 HP system seems to have returned from Demons.
    -You can still be invaded while Hollow!
    -Your character gets progressively more "zombified" the more times you die in a row.
    SATLOS
    SATLOS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SATLOS Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:28 pm

This is the most surprising paragraph from the article:

"According to the developers, playing as undead/hollow is no longer as beneficial as it was before. Other players can now invade your game when you're undead/hollow where they couldn't in the previous game. Consecutive deaths also lead to a penalty of decreased max HP with a penalty of up to 50% of your original HP. Dying too much also causes your character appearance to change to a more "undead" look. Dark Souls 2 director, Hidetaka Miyazaki revealed that "Under certain conditions, the penalty can be more than 50%" and that under this unspecified circumstance, a player's character would be "much more ugly."

I'm not sure how I feel about being invaded while undead/hollow... As a DarkWraith I love that idea, but I like being able to stay hollow while I PvE through the game/setup a PvP build.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:59 pm

Why Kotakuu? Good info, but why give it to such a bad site?
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:01 pm

So if you die as a Human you will become a Zombie with only around 75% HP and the more you die your maximum HP decreases until you hit 50% .

Maybe it is so that you cannot be invaded if you're the lowest kind of "Zombie" .

Wonder if you're able to Invade as a Zombie or as a Human, maybe both ?
    SATLOS
    SATLOS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SATLOS Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:34 pm

SadPanda wrote:Why Kotakuu? Good info, but why give it to such a bad site?
    Because they're the first with the info (that I can tell).
    SATLOS
    SATLOS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SATLOS Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:38 pm

Marino. wrote:So if you die as a Human you will become a Zombie with only around 75% HP and the more you die your maximum HP decreases until you hit 50% .
    And it looks like there will be ways to go below 50% (probably curses or something).

The more we see, the more it seems that Miyazaki is a BIG fan of Demon's Souls!
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:42 pm

SATLOS wrote:
    Marino. wrote:So if you die as a Human you will become a Zombie with only around 75% HP and the more you die your maximum HP decreases until you hit 50% .
    And it looks like there will be ways to go below 50% (probably curses or something).

Maybe DkSII "cursing" is similar to the curse affliction from DkSI, back when it could stack. It could be a precursor or something a mad scientist made based off of those frog's venom, which later mixed with the abyss' power to create undeath.
    SATLOS
    SATLOS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SATLOS Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:50 pm

morte wrote:
    SATLOS wrote:

Maybe DkSII "cursing" is similar to the curse affliction from DkSI, back when it could stack. It could be a precursor or something a mad scientist made based off of those frog's venom, which later mixed with the abyss' power to create undeath.
    The idea of getting killed three times in a row, ending up some ragged hollow with 50% HP and then getting cursed for a further reduction of HP is absolutely malicious.

I can't wait. twisted
    GravelordZealot
    GravelordZealot

Post by GravelordZealot Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:02 am

They added a new stat as well: agility. 
    It affects rolling speed, blocking, evasion, etc. Dex affects poison and bleed build up as well,.

Last edited by GravelordZealot on Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:04 am

GravelordZealot wrote:They added a new stat as well: agility. 
    It affects rolling speed.
    Yeah... source.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:38 am