Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+149
Ahhotep1
SlothAlmighty
skarekrow13
Shakie666
Phenetylaminos
HereticForLife
Wilkinson3424
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
diddle
Fayt
GravelordZealot
SATLOS
Mireneye
PhlyingDutchman
jaythibodeau
ChizFreak
Emergence
Sentiel
steveswede
Serafiem
SadPanda
Thuggernaut
StiffNipples
FreeSergey
GenericUsername
DxV04
phastings
DyingAce
chaos4ever181
Buttcheekofdeth
Halicarnassis
vixder/pennywise
bloodpixel
Dessembrae
MrDynogames
morte
Dibsville
ser-john
vegan666
User1
xtal84
garrettegge
Jester's Tears
Z3nMast3r
Rayko
ollebsson
jimmyc0341
Ashran
dragonbeast6
RedderAI
The Once-Ler
Gyonimizotetsu
Slarg232
Acarnatia
Oh_the_Humanity
Shkar
Derpwraith
amaro57
ublug
MrMan
Agent Talon
CaptanSpudsy
Forum Pirate
Sargerus
dormancy
reim0027
ExecutionerTri
MasterofShadows
ComaPrison
ak1287
X-government-agent
bosslugger
Strigoi
Mr. Tart
Sloth9230
GkMrBane
Infighter
dancash1808
ViralEnsign_
Yukon
Qawdz
chuck woolery
Soulbreak
MagisterM
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
BartholomewWenceslas
Aevun
>Brave<
Macromute
defacto
Tomhet
Phoenix Rising
Kerberos-013
CaligoIllioneus
sciicers
Back Lot Basher
Seignar
FexDS
carlucio
BIG TIME MASTER
FruitPunchNinja
Zechk
DE5PA1R
callipygias
Forcefed
PlasticandRage
RANT
Rainraey
dianaduh
Frostacar
F3N.R1R
TehInfamousAmos
Onion Knight
Ser Isaac
Major_kenny
Nightmare Moon
Juutas
raecor14
passivefamiliar
Marino.
Ghiblier
bart95
The Letter X
Serious_Much
iGBx
Sal Paradise
Bamjam
new deal
The_Hallion
Dogwelder
Tolvo
Spurgun
hageshisa
mugenis4real
XachAttack
Rarayn
Everynevers
eminusx
LordSolaire
Derpin_Errday
jankenneth_10
Espada Muerta
Argetlam350
Noob-of-Artorias
cloudyeki
Icegodzilla
DoughGuy
Shindori
Anonymous Proxy
153 posters

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

GravelordZealot
    GravelordZealot

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 27 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Post by GravelordZealot Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:06 am

SadPanda wrote:
    GravelordZealot wrote:They added a new stat as well: agility. 
    It affects rolling speed.
    Yeah... source.
    polygon.com/2013/9/18/4743612/dark-souls-2-hands-on-beta-preview-tgs
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 27 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Post by SadPanda Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:16 am

GravelordZealot wrote:
    SadPanda wrote:
    It affects rolling speed.
    Yeah... source.
    polygon.com/2013/9/18/4743612/dark-souls-2-hands-on-beta-preview-tgs
    It says speed of evasion and some actions. That can mean anything from backsteps to jumping. It doesn't have to be roll speed. It's also a beta, so it's not set in stone. And why is Bamco giving the good interviews to the worst gaming websites?
    GravelordZealot
    GravelordZealot

Post by GravelordZealot Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:26 am

I just assumed evasion, backsteps and rolling were synonymous. My bad. Shrug
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:59 am

"I have never played Dark Souls. I believe I should probably preface this article by making this fact clear."
    What manner of idiot let you write the article then?

"Other players can now invade your game when you're undead/hollow where they couldn't in the previous game."
    Well, I certainly hope there will be another method to protect oneself from invasions other than going offline. If not, then FROM better completely irradicate all form of twinks and balances the selection of hosts to invade.

"Consecutive deaths also lead to a penalty of decreased max HP with a penalty of up to 50% of your original HP."
    Gonna make us waste a ring slot again?

"Dying too much also causes your character appearance to change to a more "undead" look. Dark Souls 2"
    I remember the same thing being said about Dark Souls. Political promises. big grin

"Resurrection is now done by using an item called a "Human Effigy""
    That shield... THAT SHIELD....
    No seriously, who makes the names for this game? Why not just keep Humanity there, just like we got in Dark Souls?
    Now I feel like we're talking about the human-like Alien from the last Alien movie.

Fayt
    Fayt

Post by Fayt Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:15 am

Some new info from Gamespot and IGN

Gamespot:

Source

IGN:

Source

(Wanted to post these sources as well)
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:30 am

Sentiel wrote:"I have never played Dark Souls. I believe I should probably preface this article by making this fact clear."
    What manner of idiot let you write the article then?

"Other players can now invade your game when you're undead/hollow where they couldn't in the previous game."
    Well, I certainly hope there will be another method to protect oneself from invasions other than going offline. If not, then FROM better completely irradicate all form of twinks and balances the selection of hosts to invade.

"Consecutive deaths also lead to a penalty of decreased max HP with a penalty of up to 50% of your original HP."
    Gonna make us waste a ring slot again?

"Dying too much also causes your character appearance to change to a more "undead" look. Dark Souls 2"
    I remember the same thing being said about Dark Souls. Political promises. big grin

"Resurrection is now done by using an item called a "Human Effigy""
    That shield... THAT SHIELD....
    No seriously, who makes the names for this game? Why not just keep Humanity there, just like we got in Dark Souls?
    Now I feel like we're talking about the human-like Alien from the last Alien movie.

Point 1: agree, wtf that makes the game look bad. non-bias is good, but come on, atleast someone who has played the series would be a more appropriate journalist.

point 2: I like this; more concequences makes a harder/more intense game. if push comes to shove one could always just disconnect and play offline

3: I played DeS first, and felt it was kinda cheap that there were no consequences for hollowing (aside from you couldnt summon/invade). They have to have something to increase the risk of dying.

4: yea i remember them saying the same thing last time. However, they pushed that game out in a hurry, so it was probably a time constraint thing. Luckily, they are taking their time, so im sure there will be alot of little new graphics dynamics like this.

5: dont think of effigy as "effigy shield" in the first game. its just a general term for a sculpture representation like the ones that sits atop someones tomb to commemorate them. It sounds like its the same thing as in DeS where resurrection was possible with an item - Stone of ephemeral eyes
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:43 am

2. Being Hollow, Soul Form disabled invasions, but also disabled summoning, while keeping bloodstains and messages. A fair trade, while keeping the helpful hints the online system offers you. Although in DeS you could use Stone of Ephemeral Eyes at the boss fog to summon, which could be seen as unfair to the invaders. I played DkS purely offline for a few weeks because of ISP issues and without messages, there's no way you can find all the hidden things in the game. Without messages, or using a walkthrough, there's a low chance of finding hidden stuff like Chaos Covenant, Great Hollow, etc. At least for me.
    Forcing a player to go offline when he doesn't want to bother with invaders, epsecially when the game punishes the player for consecutive deaths is unfair to the player imho, because he will be robbed of the helpful part of the online system and perhaps even the game's secrets. This will be a growing issue as the game gets older and players with experience will meet players new to the game. Especially thanks to twinks in begginer areas. I don't believe that covenant can protect players from twinks. The summoning would have to be extremely fast to save a lowbie from OP gear invader.

3. The consequence of dying is doing the same part of the game over and over again. Constantly lowering the players HP will not add to that in any way. DeS WT system was much better in this regard, because while it made enemies tougher, it also made them drop items more often. Just losing HP is basically a torture to the new player with no additional effect so far. But since that Human Effigy thingy should be purchasable, I guess it won't be a big issue as long as you can get the Souls necessary to buy it.
    I'm more interested how this HP reduction affects online and PvP. I'd hate to see the return of "you must be hollow to play online" system from DeS. As I said, it will force us to waste ring slot, or equipment slot for HP boosting item, like Cling Ring.

5. I know, it's just that shield reminds me of Alien a lot. lol!
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:02 am

2; strong point. Yea i can see this being an issue if it is left at that and there are no other checks in place to protect new players from discouragement. I just hope there is not an item that sends the invader back to his world, which would be exploited by griefers. They won't alienate newcomers to the series, nor force us to play offline if we cant get past a section due to rampant invasions. Plus consider there are always areas that are invasion-free such as boss lairs. I for one love consulting the wikis for info when i need to.

3: i just feel that quick-travel and ability to challenge area bosses halfway thru a level is going to shorten the length of the game significantly in-spite of the whole trial n error aspect, so any new element that may force us to diverge from the main story cant hurt. But it could open up a door for unnecessary tedium if we have to farm for souls and buy these effigies.

4: haha, did you know that the artist who made that shield said his inspiration was H.R. Giger? if you are not familiar, Giger is the very person who designed the aliens for Alien (redundant sounding), so you are spot on; it is legit straight from the movie Alien... and its in a dark souls game...
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:14 am

2. I think there was a Miracle in DeS that allowed you to send the invader back to his world. It required to be very close, but I frankly never succesfully used it, so I may be wrong. I would welcome something like that in DkS II, if we have no way to prevent invasions.

3. It's hard to say. Having bosses in the middle of locations will only deepen the sense of fluidity between the locations. Making you feel like you actually travel, instead of clearing areas. Like Lower Undead Burg I guess? Not as cheesy I hope. happy
    Since there will be several forms of healing and who knows how it will work online, the PvE will not be argely affected by this HP system I believe. I'm worried about PvP though and if the lower HP will have any other effects. Like the lower HP you get, the more likely are mobs to drop items. Something like that.
    What does bother me about it the most is the Human Effigy item. One thing I really disliked about Dark Souls is that Humanity fully recovered your HP. It's just my wish, but I would really prefer if phantoms and invaders couldn't heal themselves with any items at all and instead had to rely on healing Miracles. It would give some meaning to AoE heals like Bountiful Sunlight.

4. I still want it to shoot it's second mouth and bite people's faces off when I block with it.
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:41 am

Not sure if anyone posted but EU Collector's Edition has been detailed. If anyone has US offering please let me know!

http://fextralife.com/dark-souls-2-collectors-edition/
    diddle
    diddle

Post by diddle Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:32 am

Hello to all,

I skimmed the last few pages of tokyo game show related threads and didn't find the gameplay footage that was recently uploaded on gamersyde. I'm a new member so I can't seem to post external links but just go over there. I don't think it's on youtube yet.

It's a 10 minute demo playtrough with a sorcerer. The beggining is familiar but there are some new parts (atleast I didn't see them before) of the location and spells (soul spear probably?) towards the end.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:04 am

Thanks for the info. Those new screenshots look much better than the trailers.
    Enemies look kinda dull and boring, but the avatar is looking extremely nice. It's nice to see good old Dark Souls gear with improved graphics and visible cloth physics.

About the gameplay vid. Again, much better than any trailer so far.

I liked how the character moved this time around.
    Backstab seems to do about twice as much damage if done to an unsuspecting enemy. Maybe we can now actually use stealth.
    Shame the player chainstabbed one of the mobs. I hoped backstabs won't be as dominant in PvE this time around. We'll see...
    The shield looked very fragile. Maybe it's made out of glass, or something. Definitely fitting the sorceror image.
    Very nice gear on that character as well.
    Mob ranged attacks seem to lack their homing capabilities, but instead mobs try to predict your movement direction and aim in front of you. Nice.
    Mobs, just like players in DkS don't receive damage over their max HP anymore. This is a nice little detail which is sure to help people who gather data, such as enemy HP and increases in their HP on different NG cycles.
    diddle
    diddle

Post by diddle Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:32 am

Sentiel wrote:
    Backstab seems to do about twice as much damage if done to an unsuspecting enemy. Maybe we can now actually use stealth.
    Shame the player chainstabbed one of the mobs. I hoped backstabs won't be as dominant in PvE this time around. We'll see...
    That kinda got me worried too. He did those chainstabs almost effortlessly, like there is little to no recovery on wake up. Good thing they implemented that mechanic that let's you break away from the backstab animation for pvp.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:31 pm

SUPER DUPER MEGA UPDATE:

UPDATE 18th September 2013: It's been a long time! Here are new videos:

Director interview (Gamescom 2013):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_0nevaVL_I

Forging a Hero Behind the Scenes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0_AwGw5Tqo

Dark Souls II Aching Bones Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVtIb8lkAxc

This last trailer is from the Tokyo Game Show and is accompanied by the announcement of the Black Armour Edition and the Collector's Edition. Here are pics:

Black Armor Edition (Metal Case):

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 27 1240507_538233819583000_296115482_n

Collector's Edition (I WANT IT NAW):

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 27 1186244_538233816249667_567522820_n

AND THERE ARE LOTS OF NEW SCREENSHOTS! HERE ARE SOME:

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 27 Photo.php?fbid=538031929603189&set=a.538031719603210.1073741833BLUE PHANTOMS ARE BACK ZOMFG:

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 27 1233493_538031929603189_1583758243_n

KILLING GOLUM:

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 27 1184971_538031829603199_2012898879_n

RESTING AT BONFIRE:

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 27 61855_538031886269860_950155784_n

Pharis' Hat is back:

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 27 553671_538031999603182_257512621_n

PARTY KILLING SOME MOBS:

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 27 1234821_538032092936506_313625549_n

Watch them all here:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=538233816249667&set=a.538031719603210.1073741833.119869331419453&type=1&relevant_count=1

(you have to click the displayed image so it automatically switches to the next one)

Finally, Dark Souls II will be arriving in North America on March 11, 2014, with a European release date three days later on March 14. Both of these dates are for the console versions, the PC version will be released "shortly after".
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:42 pm

Well, if the only bonus is a non-game one, I ain't buying no stinking collector's edition.

Who'm I kidding? I couldn't buy one anyway. Games cost a lot after the initial release.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:58 pm

Seriously? March. Why?

And I seriously want that collector's edition.twisted 
    SATLOS
    SATLOS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SATLOS Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:29 pm

Yeah, 6 months away is... Ridiculous. 

Still pre-ordering the collector's edition. Gotta love being a grown-*** man with a grown-*** job.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:33 pm

OST is a nice bonus, but let's be honest. It's gonna be available for download a few hours after release. Other than that, it is probably the most valuable part of the edition.

Map is surely a nice thing to have but it's also a kind of a spoiler thingy. Not to mention the size of the thing can be very small, which will make it useless as an actual map. Again, will be available in .jpg in a matter of minutes.

Figure? Why? I don't need another thing to collect dust.

Iron case? Does it matter? I'll touch it for like a minute, to read the back of it, open it and take the disc. After that, it's gonna be a dust magnet on a shelf.

Artbook? Hell yeah. While also soon to be found on the net, this is something that's really nice. Enjoying the art which the game was made around is a great way to immerse yourself in the game's atmosphere and lore.

I'd like to see some making of DVD like DkS had instead of a friggin' figure. I'm not kid to play with such things anymore ffs.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:54 pm

Sentiel wrote:I'd like to see some making of DVD like DkS had instead of a friggin' figure. I'm not kid to play with such things anymore ffs.
    Nope. None of us are kids, we're all full grown adults, swinging fake swords at things imaginary enemies.laughing 

That being said, I agree with you, it isn't worth it for the bonuses provided.
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:06 am

The blue phantoms are actually part of a covenant, I call it the Ganker Covenant but basically it's where if you join it, and you get invaded, someone automatically gets spawned in your world to protect you from the invader until the invader is dead. And you can help other people too.
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:31 am

Sentiel wrote:2. I think there was a Miracle in DeS that allowed you to send the invader back to his world. It required to be very close, but I frankly never succesfully used it, so I may be wrong. I would welcome something like that in DkS II, if we have no way to prevent invasions.

3. It's hard to say. Having bosses in the middle of locations will only deepen the sense of fluidity between the locations. Making you feel like you actually travel, instead of clearing areas. Like Lower Undead Burg I guess? Not as cheesy I hope. happy
    Since there will be several forms of healing and who knows how it will work online, the PvE will not be argely affected by this HP system I believe. I'm worried about PvP though and if the lower HP will have any other effects. Like the lower HP you get, the more likely are mobs to drop items. Something like that.
    What does bother me about it the most is the Human Effigy item. One thing I really disliked about Dark Souls is that Humanity fully recovered your HP. It's just my wish, but I would really prefer if phantoms and invaders couldn't heal themselves with any items at all and instead had to rely on healing Miracles. It would give some meaning to AoE heals like Bountiful Sunlight.

4. I still want it to shoot it's second mouth and bite people's faces off when I block with it.
    Yea banish I think? I got hit by it a few times, but that spell was fair since u could avoid getting close enough to fall prey to it

True dat, plus when you enter an area, you are going to thoroughly explore every corner, atleast I know I am, and I'm sure after the boss there will be plenty of other badies to thwart ones progress.

Haha! That's awesome, and that little girl will say "they mostly come out at night.. Mostly"
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:38 am

Didn't see this posted yet (10 min gameplay footage, but NOT the BETA footage):

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_dark_souls_ii_tgs_showfloor_gameplay-30825_en.html
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:54 am

I spotted a new detail on this video!

Once your character goes low on health it becomes exhausted and your standing animation changes <3 great detail! (0:38)
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:40 am

http://au.gamespot.com/tgs/sayonara-you-are-dead-dark-souls-ii-gameplay-demo-6414807/

Aaaand another 10 minute (ish) gameplay video from TGS.
    This time the player uses Temple knight.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:20 am

It affects rolling speed, blocking, evasion, etc. Dex affects poison and bleed build up as well,.
    OMG I'll kick myself if they got that idea from here.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:06 am