Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
barcio
Majikero07
3nvy
fizzelbottom
Quarik
Bioraptor
Federally
bmurn
Azran
Livedlime2
Bamjam
mugenis4real
ARSP
zombie type 000
Robotech
Bawheidbob
Baal-Avatar
ViralEnsign_
Domhnall
Dark75Messiah
Zechk
Mike-Lassen
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Yukon
Yarxov
Doelker
Back Lot Basher
Serious_Much
lextune
berkut
aceluby
Tolvo
LittleMAC
SlakeMoth
Whknight
undead lee
40 posters

A Newbies Tale

undead lee
    undead lee
    Regular
    Regular

A Newbies Tale - Page 5 Empty Re: A Newbies Tale

Post by undead lee Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:21 am

Well last night i found Quelaags lair - - - and duely died.... I've had a good explore of the swamps and found myself the server happy
    But i thought i'd go get myself that iron ring so i fought myself back out of Blightown and TWICE in a row managed to get back to the nest and back to the undead asylum but as yet no iron ring.
    I did find smuggly's nest who kept twittering on about something warm - tried various things but nothing seemed to work as yet.
    So open tasks for me is -
    1/ Sith the wolf
    2/ Moon butterfly
    3/ Iron ring
    4/ Quelaag
    Out on the lash tonight so hopefully over the weekend i'll make some progress.
    Bawheidbob
    Bawheidbob
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Bawheidbob Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:20 am

Sounds good - Butterfly and Quelaag i have done but i could not do Sith and now i am stuck in Sens Fortress and have been all week.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:47 am

Sif the Great Wolf, not a red skinned alien with facial tendrils and an affinity for the Dark Side of the Force. silly

For Sif I'll tell you this much, unless you have a great shield I'd advise you roll through Sif's attacks. He hits hard, and can easily empty your stamina bar. As well, if he is doing his spinning strike do not block it, it will hit through your shield unless you have an amazing great shield, most likely killing you. The trick is to get in between his legs and hit him from there. When he gets wounded, it might be sad, but let me tell you this much. He can still easily kill you, so don't lower your guard.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:06 am

The butterfly may be a good choice for you, in my opinion, if you have been working through blightown, then you may find the butterfly a tad easy at this point. Other than that, I would either continue trying for the ring or going against quelaag, both are about equally as hard, it just depends what direction you want to take happy
    undead lee
    undead lee
    Regular
    Regular

Post by undead lee Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:21 am

managed to get a ferw hours on DS over the weekend.
    Finally went back to the Asylum (with the F2 key) and got the rusty ring. Killed both Black knights (The Eagle shield was owesome for these fights) but the Demon was just too hard.
    So off i went to Blightown again. Quelaag is a bit of a nightmare, my best equipment so far has been the shadow set (for speed), Hidden body spell and my +3 Raw Helberd and a +3 Magic Spider shield, but still nowhere near killing her. Hell, this just managed me to get to the side and behind her and have a good few hacks.
    I've watched a few youtube vids and they seem to make it look easy.....Mmmmmm.... it not !!
    If at fist you dont succeed - summon.....lol ---- haven't yet but may...
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:25 am

Your halberd is why probably, the move set makes it a bit hard to hit her, while long swings and arcing attacks can easily hit her legs you may be hitting in between them. What SL are you currently?
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:06 am

A light build might help. If you can roll lots you can probably dodge her melee attacks. Also, it would let you roll quickly away when you think she is about to use here area of effect attacks. I would advise that you stay at close distance unless you think the AoE is coming. However, don't stay too close, lest you get trapped in her legs. That has definitely happened to me before and when the AoE happens you can't get away.
    LittleMAC

Post by LittleMAC Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:56 am

I know progress may feel slow at this point, but once you ring the second bell, the path is a little easier to follow for a while with Sen's fortress ---> Anor Londo. Easier to follow, but not necessarily easier to complete, hah!

Like Tolvo said, it might be a good idea to look at your weapon choice, if you can post your build at this point we might be able to see what weapon would be best for you.

Whatever you decide to go with, upgrade to at least +5 right away. You can buy the titanite Shards from Blacksmith Andrei in Undead Burg for 800 souls a piece. You will need 9 to upgrade it to +5 so 7200 souls + the 200 x 5 souls required for each upgrades. So for 8200 souls, you have a +5 upgraded weapon. Since you're there, why not upgraded to +10 (or close) with the Large Ember you should of collected form the Depth?

For that you will need to get a few Large titanite Shards. You can't buy them until later in the game, but lucky for you the Giant Leech drops them at a decent rate.

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Giant+Leech

Don't farm for too long, you only need two to level your weapon to +7. You may already have 2 of them from drops or chests. Once you get the Covetus Gold Serpent ring, farming Large titanite Shards is a lot easier.

Of course, make sure you have a weapon you like and that is suited for your build. I know my last post was long and incomprehensive (like most of them), but it could help you find the best weapon for you.

The Demon in Undead Asylum is not a mandatory boss, but he does drop a titanite Slab 100% of the time. You can only get a few during one play through depending on how lucky you are with the Lizards. Slabs are very useful for end game weapon and armor upgrades.

Good Luck with Queelag, she is a very difficult boss the first time around. Very technical if you don't have a lot of fire resist armor!

MAC
    Bawheidbob
    Bawheidbob
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Bawheidbob Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:03 pm

If you still have the pine resin (lightning buff) stuff that applied to your weapon seems to help at least i used it and managed to get her down.
    undead lee
    undead lee
    Regular
    Regular

Post by undead lee Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:29 am

Struggling to get on DS because of kids school holidays but last night i managed to get a couple of hours.
    Best i did was to get Quelaag HP bar half way down.....this was done with the Drake sword, The kite shield (i think) and the east... armour set as this seemed the best i had for flame resistance. The biggest issue i had was getting too close and getting slaughtered.
    My build stats are:-
    SL40
    Vit 15, Att 15, End 16, Str 21, Dex 16, Resist 10, Intel 16, Faith 10.
    Mag DEF 92(61), Flame DEF 101(61), Light DEF 110(67)
    HP 682, Stamina 102, Equip Load 19.5/56.0
    Bleed Resist 163, Poison Resist 241, Curse Resist 30.
    I have decided to leave Blightown (again !! - for now) and up my weapons
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:39 am

Alright, you look to be pretty good on strength right now, so I might suggest working on Vit and End. However, you might want to wait on doing that as you are a bit overlevelled currently for the area and might find difficulty summoning people. By the way dragon weapons do not scale with your stats, so upping your Str or Dex won't cause your drake sword to deal anymore damage. Actually from Laurientus, the Pyromancer Trainer you find in the depths before he moves to Firelink, you can learn Flash Sweat. This gives you a buff that reduces all fire damage done to you. Also with your Int you can buy some spells from Grigs who is found in the basement area where you found Capra, spells do decent damage to Queelag, as well you can use them from far away as you are having difficult getting close to her.
    Bawheidbob
    Bawheidbob
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Bawheidbob Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:20 pm

Also there was a summon sign down there i found so being in human form could help and they you could summon the NPC to help.
    undead lee
    undead lee
    Regular
    Regular

Post by undead lee Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:45 am

I've had the kids on holiday for a while now so time has been hard to come by for DS.
    But i've battled out of Blighttown, used all my dragon scales and large titanite shards upping my weapons, and i thought i'd have a go at the Moon Butterfly, so off i went into the darkroot garden and found the "gardians" or whatever they are. (NPC's).
    I'm loving the fights and the souls drops. They're not easy (at my level) and put up a really good fight.
    Kids go back to school at the end of this week so hopefully should be back to my normal DS time soon.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:46 am

Do you mean the large stone knights, or the human forest hunter NPC's?
    undead lee
    undead lee
    Regular
    Regular

Post by undead lee Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:44 am

The Human forest hunters..... its easy to rank up 15,000 souls in there. which i find at the moment fantastic as i always struggled to get a decent amount of souls any other way.
    I've had a few trips and then headed back to the firelink shrine and the lady of the lake (Ooli.... something) and picked up a few good spells, i'm not a faith build so miracles are not my thing.
    I have got the flash sweat spell (for Queelag) but i'd like to get a few more large titanite shards to up my helberd. I also want to have a stab at the Moonbutterfly.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:52 am

By the way, to help with your halberd if it is raw or base upgraded, base i recommend more, from the Big Mushroom men in the forest you can get lightning Pine Resin, which you can buff your weapon with. It will be extremely useful when fighting her, you can buy three from Dom of Zena in the depths as well.

EDIT: Oh yeah for the love of god don't become human in the forest!
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:29 am

Listen to Tolvo and you can't go wrong kid. I'm not just saying that because I secretly worship him or anything. I swear :face:
    Bamjam
    Bamjam
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bamjam Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:33 pm

MR Undead Lee, if your on xbox add me and send me a msg when your online, i got a lvl 40 sunbro parked at the swamp bonfire for helping people with quelag.
    Usualy 20 lightning spears does the job lol.
    Just msg me and ill put down my summonsign for you!

Btw my gt is: Bamjam86.
    undead lee
    undead lee
    Regular
    Regular

Post by undead lee Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 am

Excellent - thanks Bamjam.
    Kids go back to school on Monday - thank the lord -- there cramping my "DS" style...
    I've had enough of Disney channel, CSI, Scrubs, although i do like How I Met Your Mother and the fantastic BIG BANG THEORY.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:33 am

Also, when you get to Sif something to note. Mobility is your friend, so if you have any lighter armor I would suggest wearing that. Also don't forget to try and kill the mushroom parents with extreme care, they hit harder than a truck.
    undead lee
    undead lee
    Regular
    Regular

Post by undead lee Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:40 am

I finially did it cheers __ Queelag is dead.... the flash sweat spell was the key....thanks for all the advice guys.
    Well after the fight off i went and followed the path to the demon ruins.... fought like hell....cos its hard down there.....for what.... hardly bugger all !!! i have for all my efforts a flaming ember and a dead end --- yellow fog gate which wont open, something to do with the Lords prayer or something like that. So i have to fight myself all the way back out and off to Sen's Fortress as now i have rung both bells the gates are open.
    Unless those more experienced than myself advise me to trot off somewhere else ----- recommendations would be gately received.
    Muchio gacias amegos....
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:47 pm

Hmm, Sens would be a good idea, that is the normal direction to go. Just to confirm, have you done either the first part of the forest or the catacombs?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:18 pm

To open the orange fog gates and get the lordvessel is what you want to do, which means Sens is the way to go. A bit of advise on Sens, if you ever notice yourself stand on some tile that lowers raise your shield and maybe get ready to move. The place is fully of traps, the floor ones set off crossbows that fire in rapid secession and can very quickly kill you. As well there will be giant Boulders (Think Indiana Jones) and Pendulums as well as enemies waiting in spots to try and ambush you. This place is full of traps and is an area you will have to extremely cautious of. There are a lot of secrets hidden in Sens fortress which you can find, but I advise beating it first then going back in search for them. It would take a long time to state them all, but after you beat Sens check the Wiki list of items and spells to find in the war by just going to the section about Sens.
    undead lee
    undead lee
    Regular
    Regular

Post by undead lee Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:24 am

Phew.... i read the latest posts with a smile on my face because i spend an hour or so getting the Choas ember from the demon ruins (i missed it on the way in) and then heading all the way back through back to Sen's. My save position is now at the bonfire near Andre. I've had a couple of brief trips through the gate......Mmmmmm..... looks interesting....
    To answer Berkut --- I've done the forest - but not killed Sif, and i've had a couple of runs through the catacombs but i dont have a divine weapon yet so i've left that one for now.
    ONWARDS AND UPWARDS......
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:48 am

Just a heads up, there are a lot of lightning casters in this area so if you have a shield that blocks lightning it would be good to equip it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 9:23 pm