Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
barcio
Majikero07
3nvy
fizzelbottom
Quarik
Bioraptor
Federally
bmurn
Azran
Livedlime2
Bamjam
mugenis4real
ARSP
zombie type 000
Robotech
Bawheidbob
Baal-Avatar
ViralEnsign_
Domhnall
Dark75Messiah
Zechk
Mike-Lassen
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Yukon
Yarxov
Doelker
Back Lot Basher
Serious_Much
lextune
berkut
aceluby
Tolvo
LittleMAC
SlakeMoth
Whknight
undead lee
40 posters

A Newbies Tale

Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

A Newbies Tale - Page 9 Empty Re: A Newbies Tale

Post by Yukon Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:02 am

You can actually still go back and fight Jerm..iah. if you didn't kill pricsilla. And you can leave her in peace, but you still won't get the armour if I remember correctly. Or maybe you will have to run the level twice to get it? Some one else can confirm the armour thing for you. But I know you can fight him without fighting priscilla.

You mean patches as the 'git'? if you talk to him correctly he will never attack you, just remember he hates clerics and try not to get angry with him, if he does attack you might be able to clear your sin with velka in the undead parish rooftops, but you might just have to kill him if angering him with answers doesn't count as sin
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:37 am

Screw patches, he deserves death!

The only downside to not killing Priscilla is not getting her soul, or the dagger from her tail. I have never killed her because I have an unhealthy obsession with her. So I go to PW and PvP out there. If Prisc is still alive you can go back and get invaded by Jeremiah, you'll get a weapon, souls, humanity and his armor will show up at the corpse at the exit.
    Majikero07
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Majikero07 Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:23 am

You need to reload the game or rest at the bonfire or something for it to spawn.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:03 pm

I recommend the Painted World of Ariamis a lot if you want a quick income of souls; being summoned there as a Phantom and killing Jeremiah with the host nets you the totality of the sould drop (IIRC, 37,000 souls) which is quite nice, even if you don't get to Priscilla.

Also, the Phalanx are easy to farm with Pyromancy.

Have you fully upgraded your flame? Nito can get messy, but you can overcome him with sheer tankyness; particularly Iron Flesh.

There is no consequence on leaving Priscilla alive; but it's extra souls and a pair of new weapons, after all. silly As long as she is alive, you can fight Jeremiah. He will spawn by the stairs on the right once you go down by the impaled bodies (there should be some Torch Hollows there).

undead lee
    undead lee
    Regular
    Regular

Post by undead lee Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:14 am

Last night I farmed twinkling in the Crystal Cave to up ALL my armour (well the stuff that will take it), it took a while but whilst spending the best part of 2 hours I amassed a whooping 220,000 souls !!! - abandand my current coventent and joined as a Chaos Servent to obtain the Great Chaos Fireball. I then spent all my souls upgrading various weapons with the Giant Blacksmith and bought various spells and miricles I did not have. My next plan is to offer 30 Humanity to the White spider to receive Chaos Firestorm and open the shortcut to Izalith, then I can get my red titanite I need for my fire weapon.
    Is the best place to farm humanity the depths or Painted world ? both have a decent amount of rats.
    Once the above is complete then its back to ToG to have another battle with Nito, only this time I'll be ready !!! (I think.....)
    I'll have a crack at Jerimiah next time I find myself in PwA.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:26 am

The babby skellies just before Nito are the best place to farm humanity, although I have very little luck with them.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:45 am

Quarik is right, the baby skeletons in TOG are the best way to get humanity, though my preferred way is endless ours of coop silly.
    undead lee
    undead lee
    Regular
    Regular

Post by undead lee Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:17 am

Mmmmm I may give that a go --- Baby Skellies in the water with a Fire Storm should be interesting happy just a bit harder to get to, thats all sad
    barcio
    barcio
    Casual
    Casual

Post by barcio Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:20 am

I think killing Pisacas (the blue octopi things silly) in Duke's Archive is quite a good way to farm hard humanity. They have a good drop rate, especially combined with CGSR and there's a bonfire nearby to respawn them quickly.
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly "undead" but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Post by bmurn Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:59 am

If you farm the baby skeletons, be aware that the dropped humanity disappears quickly. I normaly lure a bunch out onto dry land by doing a quick circle into the water and then start hacking away at them, while quickly mashing the "x" button (PS3, not sure the equivalent Xbox button) to pick up any humanity before they vanish. With the gold serpent ring and 10 humanity I typically get one humanity for every 10 or so baby skeletons I kill.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:30 pm

You've got a few ways of farming Humanity:

* Rats in the Depths (self-explanatory).
    * Pisacas in the Duke's Archives Prison (There is a bonfire near, but also so many stairs...)
    * Baby Skeletons in ToG (no bonfire near; they auto-respawn constantly, drops don't last long, can make you toxic!)
    * In Twilight Anor Londo, kill the two NPC by the Stairs, homeward bone back to Firelink, warp to the Chamber of the Princess, rinse and repeat.
    * Use the Dark Hand on NPCs.

By the way, you know where the Shortcut to Lost Izalith lies, right? It's not the wall by the Fair Lady. silly

E: Welp, people said what I said up there, but I made bullet points!
    undead lee
    undead lee
    Regular
    Regular

Post by undead lee Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:13 am

I must admit I haven't attempted to farm whilst holding Humanity, I have 15'ish at the moment but because I haven't farmed Humanity before I have been wary of losing the lot upon death.
    I'll give the Skelly babies a go until I run out of blooming purple moss (I could always buy more from the female merchant) and then have a look at Duke's Archives which seems the safer bet.
    Muchios Gracias happy
    undead lee
    undead lee
    Regular
    Regular

Post by undead lee Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:53 am

I DID IT !!!!!
    Farmed humanity with the baby Skellies (worked perfectly well not holding 10 humanities (I didn't see any difference), got my spell and opened the Izalith shortcut, managed to get a few red titanite chunks and upgraded my fire weapons as much as I could....THEN..... fought Nito......
    Whooo hoooo -- He's dead cheers
    Having a real issue with the titanite Demon on the bridge to Izalith (shortcut), i'm trying all sorts but as yet nothing which I would say works... may have a go at Firesage next.
    Well that was a productive Friday night and Saturday morning lol --- I really should get some stuff done so left my kids on the Kinect - - a sure way to keep me off DkS for a while.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:02 am

The titanite demon can just be blocked and ran past, alternatively depending on your build a weapon buff can be used.
    the biggest part is never comboing yourself out of stamina since he can turn and slam in an instant.
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly "undead" but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Post by bmurn Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:56 am

If you are patient and have a decent bow you can shoot him from a distance without agroing him. Not exciting but itgets the job done. Does take a lot of arrows. I can't remember how many but I think it is more than 50.
    undead lee
    undead lee
    Regular
    Regular

Post by undead lee Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:22 am

Just to recap --- I fought and defeated Nito (Divine +5 Gargoyl Helberd plus Pryo to the max), then I went on on defeated Demon Firesage -> he was a toughy!!! first I tried all sorts of spells, offensive, defensive, iron flesh, everything I had, but at the end of the day a striaght forward fight with Magic defense armour, ring and shield eventually won the day. Then I was left quiet disapointed... I was expecting the gate to lead to Izalith, well I know it actually does but not straight into a fight with the Centipede Demon......your having a laugh!!... dead, dead, dead, dead, dead, DEAD, DEAD, DEAD....
    So now I'm back trying to get past the titanite demon on the bridge... I've managed to run past him a number of times but usually he just wacks me down, dead in one hit.... pryo doesn't work... soul arrows are ok (just) but it takes nearly all my magic and buffing my weapons is inefficient.
    I'll be on DkS tonight and hopefully figure a way to defeat him....
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:53 am

Think someone mentioned this before, but a long distance (Hawk Ring?) infinite arrow tactic should take him down happy.
    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:17 am

read every post on here happy

I have just beaten O&S and have gone back to the Firelink Shrine to do a bit of farming in Blightown and The Depths before heading down to the Top entrance of Blightown to get the Iato and a few other things I missed (as I went through the bottom entrance)

I find BT the easiest of all places to be honest happy even when playing blind for the first time, had no problems!

I went down the Great Hollow and to Ash Lake with no Lord Vessel (was quite an experience I must say) only after that and doing the Painted World did I go and take on O&S! took me 4 tries altogether, and beat them solo, no summoning (dont play online) and did not summon Solaire, was well pleased!

The only problem is I have the older patch where its maxed 10 humanity and I cannot buy Titanate from the Giant.... sad really need TT for my armour and weapons though.. Have tried to update at home through laptop and dongle (as I dont have ADSL) but to no avail sad

I have completed the following area's:

• Northern Undead Asylum (done)

• Firelink Shrine (done)
    • Undead Burg (done)
    • Undead Parish (done)
    • Depths(done)
    • Blighttown (done) only bottom half done

• Quelaag's Domain (done)
    • The Great Hollow (done)
    • Ash Lake (done)
    • Sen's Fortress (done)
    • Anor Londo (done)
    • Painted World of Ariamis (done)
    • Darkroot Garden (done)
    • Darkroot Basin (done)

• New Londo Ruins
    • Valley of the Drakes??)
    • The Duke's Archives
    • Crystal Cave
    • Demon Ruins
    • Lost Izalith
    • The Catacombs
    • Tomb of Giants
    • Kiln of the first flame

Where should I go through next?? any idea's?
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by bmurn Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:41 am

Really, I think you can go wherever you want next, with the exception of the tomb of the giants, crystal cave and kiln.

On my playthrough at about the same point as you I went to New Londo. I think either there or the Dukes Archives are good choices. Demon Ruins is alright as well. All depends on what you want to do. If you are trying to get to a specific covenant, then your choice would be different.

This is probably not a ton of help, but that is the beauty, you have a number of choices. If I had to pick one I would say New Londo.

Good luck!
    undead lee
    undead lee
    Regular
    Regular

Post by undead lee Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:18 pm

Hi Raikan - well done on solo'ing O&S - I summoned help...
    You've mentioned Anor Londo as a place "done" - I take it you haven't got the Lords Vessel yet and therefore the Yellow fog gates are not open, which leads to, amongst other places, Dukes Archieves etc.
    Without the Lords Vessel your options are now limited so as bmurm suggested your direction needs to be new Londo Ruins, given your progress I dont think you'll have much of a problem.
    Pleased that my thread is helping you, Its helped me.....
    Last night I thought i'd have a go at PvP fighting but had a few problems which isn't really a part of this thread so i'm going to open up another for my specific "issues".
    Onwards march......
    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:14 am

cheers guys winking

I finished Anor Londo, not the now open gate to the Dukes Archives & Crystal caves happy

I actually played a bit last night, I had a few things I needed to do..

1) Enter Blightown from The Depths (cleared area got Eagle Shield/Iato) what does the corpse contain under that thing sticking out the wall with feelers that you can also see in the distance from coming through the Valley of Drakes entrance? Was a bit scared to drop down there...

2) Kill the Gold Golem behind the Hydra in the DRB (freed the girl with magic)

3) Made my way up that long ladder next to the waterfall and explored the other part of the Gardens (found the Divine Ember, Stone Armour, East Armour) and a few other things, entered the covenant with the forest (now those fogged guys dont attack me happy which I am going to use to my advantage making it easier to get to Sif Wolf without too much hassle) Once I have completed this, can I go and join another covenant and when coming back I can farm them as I beat one once when I just opened the door with the crest (20 000) from Andrei and he gave me 3000 souls which is a lot.. Is Sifs entrance through those big silver doors?? I assume so

4) Farmed a bit of Humanity and shards, upgraded my Dark Knight Sword to +5 (this is the highest this sword can be upgraded correct?) as well as my armour etc.. Got cursed for the first time from those damn frogs and have done the area dozens of times before.. hahha

5) Think I am going to give Sif a shot next happy any tips? can I summon anyone (not online.. only offline NPC's that are in the game like Solaire/Iron Tarkus etc?) any tips on which weapon/shield I should make using Sif's soul?

long live From Software happy
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:45 am

No summons for Sif. However once you figure him out he isn't that hard. Just don't try and stand tall and block him, he'll kill your stamina and break your guard. Get in under his legs and hack away, when he jumps away stand back out of his range and wait patiently for an opening to get under him again.

Also note anything that uses Twinkling titanite to upgrade only goes to +5
    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:53 am

thank you happy
    undead lee
    undead lee
    Regular
    Regular

Post by undead lee Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:00 am

Hi Raiken, great progress...
    Sif - At first he's a toughy but keep fast and equip a fast weapon.
    My build is a sorcerer so I always try the soul arrows and Pyromancy (Ascended +5) first but just lately I've found that some bosses are just too fast and therefore need a light / medium armour set (possibly Havels ring) and a quick blade - My trusty Helberd has done me proud in almost every fight (Not Tomb of Giants though) and as such I have maxed it out on a +15, but still its my weapon of choice for "hard" fights.
    I love the animation set of my +10 Fire Longsword, great for the general fodder. I also equip a +10 Fire Zweihander (although I dont normally handle with 2 hands) --- can you see a trend here --- I love FIRE !!!!
    Good Luck with Sif.
    From your comments I would look at Dukes Archieves and Crystal Caves, I found the entrance to Dukes as hard as hell and still I dont like having to pass through to get to the Cave.
    My next boss fight is "Bed of Chaos" - I've had a look, and died, but I may give him a crack tonight. Centipede demon just looks WAY harder....
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:43 pm

Nice to see another player get some useful tips from this thread!
    Have you got the lordvessel yet, Raikan? The corpse below that thing blocking the tunnel in Blighttown is holding the pyromancy Power Within.

And Lee, the Centipede is a tough boss, yes, but you should try cutting his right arm next time you fight him, so he will drop an important item that should allow you to get a number of stuff lying around the lava.
    The titanite Demon in Lost Izalith respawns, which makes it a great Demon titanite farm spot. The Bed of Chaos is a bastard; it's a puzzle more than a boss. Remember to be human, because Kirk is summoned once you are on the last set of steps leading towards the fog doors.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:27 am