Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
skarekrow13
sure-magicians
The_Red_Drifter
Tolvo
FinPeku
VaDoom
The Once-Ler
Walter_White
crbngville2
Dutchy
robsthedon
EeAyEss
C0rs0n64
Murkulanvippi
WaLKA
shadowzninjaz
Animaaal
Forum Pirate
wolfboy
Jansports
mofomey
Sneezer
Maneater_Mildred
Soris Ice Goldwing
Avenger649
RANT
Ghadis_God
XachAttack
The Letter X
Emergence
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
reim0027
36 posters

Wiki Fight Club Location Poll

Poll

Where do you guys want to set up a permanent location?

[ 22 ]
    Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 2 I_vote_lcap19%Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [19%] 
    [ 10 ]
    Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 2 I_vote_lcap9%Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [9%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 2 I_vote_lcap5%Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [5%] 
    [ 11 ]
    Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [10%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 12 ]
    Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 2 I_vote_lcap11%Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 12 ]
    Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 2 I_vote_lcap11%Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 11 ]
    Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [10%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 2 I_vote_lcap5%Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [5%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [4%] 

Total Votes: 114
    Poll closed
    Avenger649
    Avenger649
    Addicted
    Addicted

Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Wiki Fight Club Location Poll

Post by Avenger649 Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:06 pm

Perhaps the Chasm of the abyss in the area where you find sif, it has no enemies and a lot of people leave it open. The only problem is it is quite late into the game.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:07 pm

And, it is part of the DLC, which can alienate some of our members who don't have it.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:09 pm

Just to clarify some things.

The depths can be tight in places but there are enough areas for wide fighting, as well as low traffic so we may not have to deal with much randoms.

Though I like Anor Londo rooftop, the traffic there can be heavy and I doubt any random would want to partake in this and instead make it a problem like filling slots or 1-shot bs the host.

I tried the Ceasless a bit and found that our issue is spawn gankers who would love to farm the invaders, even if we used the rss.

Sen's rooftop is nice and from the host's view a random invader would likely climb the whole place looking for the host. Also the invaders can simply leave instead having to deal with questers.

The Butterfly area has a nice atomshere is close to the bonfire and is wide enough and unlike the forest, we should not expect much traffic and we can place our signs anywhere there and hid them easily if we must. Also the enemies there can be killed quite fast.

I never tried the darkmoon tomb but it seems like a nice change if a little tight. Also the bridge part can be the spot for the host to stay and watch. Though my issues are the same like the rest of the place.

Can you specify the area before the Centipede?

The painted world coliseum has a large area and has been quite used a bit to be seen as one of the painting's main PvP locations. All the enemies there are weak and easy to kill and traffic from the EST zone can be both heavy and very low in relation to other time zones. However using the altar would be a nice change of pace there and could be quite fun.

Well that what I got from research. .
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:13 pm

The area before the Centipede is in Demon's ruins, right before the Centipede fog. It is a little cramped, but not prohibitively so. It has been used in the past for 0 poise dueling.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:16 pm

Butterfly is going to be the busiest spot. It will be constantly interrupted by concurrent fc's.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:18 pm

Centipede or depths in the giant rat room. cheers
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:23 pm

demon's ruins is also pretty good, the area before the shortcut is very nice.
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:31 pm

I personally like the sound of the Duke's Forest the most, it has all the qualities for a good fight club, open, big, beautiful, very few invasions, and close to a warp bonfire. The only downside to it is possibly clearing the golems, which I've never personally had a problem with.

Anor Londo rooftop is probably the coolest place for a fight club, but it is also the hardest to do, a bit of a hike from a warp bonfire, and no Lord Vessel for the host.
    mofomey
    mofomey
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by mofomey Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:43 pm

alright you dukes doubters big grin i will be there this very evening at 9pm mountain time to host and/or battle, if you want to take it for a test drive.

there is only one gollum that is necessary to splat, but i usually do two. three or four hits and...

drop your rss under wooden platform or invade, i will be sl 100. happy happy hope to see someone there... anyone, place is a ghost town.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:10 pm

People, I've got to plug the Depths one more time. Do you really want this in the Moonpit like every other FC? Our hosts will be interrupted by invasions and our participants will be interrupted by other duelists randomly summoning you, it's not an ideal spot for a private FC.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:25 pm

If you want long term no random traffic for private fc, then Ghadis is right with the Depths, barely anything moves there most times, and while the Dukes forest is similar in traffic, the Depths is easier to get to and doesn't require anything more than finding a key from a simple boss.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:05 pm

Depths is also a bit nicer for hosts as you can master card(key) and get the LV leaving gapers alive.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:10 pm

really? whenver i take a step in the dpths i get inssta vaded no matter what sl i am, its mostly low sl griefers which die quick but if we get vaded constantly that's a wasted spot.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:19 pm

I summon Brolaire every Gaping I do, I've been invaded by Not "Kirk" the NPC like twice.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:20 pm

RantFromRant wrote:really? whenver i take a step in the dpths i get inssta vaded no matter what sl i am, its mostly low sl griefers which die quick but if we get vaded constantly that's a wasted spot.

I also get invasions there fairly frequently.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:25 pm

^ How does that happen? I once spent 2 hours there and got nothing.

On to the point: Either way everyone involved in this will get random invasions for host and summons by other people who won't know what is going on for those who want to fight. A such we need to find an area where these two are of less of an issue when compared to the others presented in the list of choices. Perhaps a second area if the first area becomes too busy for those who want to fight in the fc.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:29 pm

I actually get many invasions when I visit the depths as well.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:30 pm

A lot of pyromancers down there, although I must say I was kind of a low level. SL 50ish.

EDIT: Actually, come to think of it, I get invasions at higher levels as well.
    wolfboy
    Regular
    Regular

Post by wolfboy Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:56 pm

If people like the painted world- what about King Jeremiah's area? I've always thought that would be a great dueling spot...
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:04 pm

I get invaded in the Depths some, but it is nowhere near the headache Butterfly is going to be. Butterfly is busy for a reason; other than Burg it's the most ideal spot for organized pvp. I would really strongly recommend not having it there. Keep in mind that optional boss areas are also going to be best ways to ensure there are enough hosts, because really at that point every participant should be available to host.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:17 pm

Unless everyone expect the hosts hide their signs somewhere the butterfly area will be a problem as some say. hm...Optional areas, the only issue there is that the Painted World really fits that category, and we will still get questers looking for Priscilla's tail and soul. However I do like that area the most, however I can't speak for it's traffic as I, a EST zone, invade there around 9:00pm-10pm to whenever and as time drags on I notice the place getting slow with repeat invaders. Anyone know how it is like during other time-zones?
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:20 pm

All the poll choices other than Sen's, Anor and Duke's are optional bosses.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:22 pm

Its never super crowded, but its almost never dead either. the colleseum sees more invader action than the church.

The moon pit really is a terrible idea. That is crowded whenever I'm there.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:26 pm

I said other. I really didn't want to state places I'd like, but it says please specify.

1) Darkroot Basin/ Hydra
    *There's good terrain. Steep hills, gradual inclinations, and trees.
    *You could leave the Hydra for something different.
    *Take it to the edge of the water for some interesting movement speed adjustments.
    *Interesting camera angles for recording hosts.

2) Painted World/ King Jeremiah
    *This terrain is ripe with potential.
    *You could walk a couple Phalanxes over there for some laughes/obstacles.
    ***The place to the far right outside in the open.

I'm the odd man out on this one. I want something less "boxing ring" like. I know easy of access and other things need to be considered, but I actually miss the Kiln. Shrug
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:28 pm

Okay I'll admit that Emergence, I was thinking of the areas anyone can avoid completely and purpose is to acquire a boss soul and a new area to explore. Took optional too literal on my part. I still like it though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:07 am