Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
skarekrow13
sure-magicians
The_Red_Drifter
Tolvo
FinPeku
VaDoom
The Once-Ler
Walter_White
crbngville2
Dutchy
robsthedon
EeAyEss
C0rs0n64
Murkulanvippi
WaLKA
shadowzninjaz
Animaaal
Forum Pirate
wolfboy
Jansports
mofomey
Sneezer
Maneater_Mildred
Soris Ice Goldwing
Avenger649
RANT
Ghadis_God
XachAttack
The Letter X
Emergence
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
reim0027
36 posters

Wiki Fight Club Location Poll

Poll

Where do you guys want to set up a permanent location?

[ 22 ]
    Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 4 I_vote_lcap19%Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [19%] 
    [ 10 ]
    Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 4 I_vote_lcap9%Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [9%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 4 I_vote_lcap5%Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [5%] 
    [ 11 ]
    Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 4 I_vote_lcap10%Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [10%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 4 I_vote_lcap8%Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 12 ]
    Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 4 I_vote_lcap11%Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 12 ]
    Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 4 I_vote_lcap11%Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 11 ]
    Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 4 I_vote_lcap10%Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [10%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 4 I_vote_lcap5%Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [5%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 4 I_vote_lcap8%Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 4 I_vote_lcap4%Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [4%] 

Total Votes: 114
    Poll closed
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 4 Empty Re: Wiki Fight Club Location Poll

Post by Walter_White Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:06 pm

Ash lake??
    Non multiplayer area?
    Avenger649
    Avenger649
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Avenger649 Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:53 pm

You can't PvP in ash lake because it has no boss, it would be a great area though.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:40 pm

S what I thought. Its too cool for PvP. :'(
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:54 pm

robsthedon wrote:Is this FC for different SLs? If we're playing 55 moonpit is gonna be fine, depths is busy at 55. Dukes garden is a nice locale just a pita for the host clearing the area, but not difficult, and gets my vote useful for 55 and 100+
    I am also interested in what sl this will be?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:10 am

It is most likely going to be SL 100.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:11 pm

reim0027 wrote:It is most likely going to be SL 100.

Agreed. See my suggestions on the other thread. BTW, no Bighttown pit option :pale:
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:42 am

Sorry, that I won't joining you'll then. Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 4 3149687655

Sl100 is an artificial ledge that the meta would have never gravitated to without From's inclusion of an arena. So why would we want to play at that sl?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:22 am

crbngville2 wrote:

Sorry, that I won't joining you'll then. Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 4 3149687655

Sl100 is an artificial ledge that the meta would have never gravitated to without From's inclusion of an arena. So why would we want to play at that sl?
    I see your point. I'm currently thinking of either 100 or 120. Any preferences anyone?
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:40 am

I'de prefer 120, though I don't have any real explanation as to why.
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:55 am

sl 120+/- the summoning range.
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:17 am

120 remains my favorite.
    I also tend to go up to 125 recently.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:48 am

I'd argue 120 is the artificial ledge. It's vestigial from Demon's which had different stat characterisitcs from Dark. End was always a 40 in Demon's, not the case anymore because of grass. Diminishing returns were not as severe, making it viable to take scaling stats to 50. In Dark, 40 is king. So both of those examples each save about 10 sl's, lowering the ledge to 100. With Vit being less important as well because of the ring of fap and no HP penalty for soul form, I would argue the ledge can drop further and into the 90's. Everything builds are fun yeah and high level pvp can be fireworks. Depends on what people prefer, optimized or varied. Seems most people are purists and want singular focus. Although going up to 120 allows for some ninja flipping tankin spear builds that also cast...
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:13 pm

Why do we have to have one SL for this fight club? Just like with rules, people could decide these things in the chat and it could vary day by day. This could simply be SL 100-125 FC. And honestly, i don't mind fighting SL 120 builds with my SL 100 builds. It's a disadvantage, but so what? I'm not gonna calculate a k/d ratio anyways.

I do think SL 100 PvP is much more balanced though. Mostly because it is not so easy to stack all poise, HP, stamina and have a buff in addition to already high AR.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:16 pm

Fin, people will calculate K/D though and possibly hold it over your head. So having an SL disadvantage is a concern. I know it is a concern of mine since I really dislike getting looked down upon by other members of FC.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:26 pm

I agree with Fin, I don't think people care that much.
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:31 pm

Emergence wrote:I'd argue 120 is the artificial ledge. It's vestigial from Demon's which had different stat characterisitcs from Dark. End was always a 40 in Demon's, not the case anymore because of grass. Diminishing returns were not as severe, making it viable to take scaling stats to 50. In Dark, 40 is king. So both of those examples each save about 10 sl's, lowering the ledge to 100. With Vit being less important as well because of the ring of fap and no HP penalty for soul form, I would argue the ledge can drop further and into the 90's. Everything builds are fun yeah and high level pvp can be fireworks. Depends on what people prefer, optimized or varied. Seems most people are purists and want singular focus. Although going up to 120 allows for some ninja flipping tankin spear builds that also cast...

I see you point E, and raise you this. The weapon requirements in DeS allowed all builds to be optimized between 120-130. Dark has so many weapons that are not even viable at 120-130 (Nod to Wyrmhero and his push for sl150) and dropping to 100 marks even more of the list. Unless, you think all weapons in DkS can be optimized at sl100? Sl120-130 at least provides access to all the weapons in the game. Albeit with an unoptimized build, they can still compete.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:35 pm

100-120(5) is pretty much what I've been suggesting the whole time. That way everyone can fight everyone \o/.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:06 pm

Ideally, people would have both, SL 100 and 120 builds. That way SL could vary. Sometimes we could have SL 100 duels, and sometimes 120. That's what i meant with my post. I have PvP builds for 100, 120 and 125 so in the end i don't really care even though I prefer 100 pvp. I would hope people won't be looking down on anyone, but i guess that can happen.

By the way, we had a few friendly duels with Rant and Sure-Magicians in the Duke's forest and there's a really good area. Enough room for the host to stay away from lock on range and for the fighters to fight.

If anyone wants to have some duels today in the next ~6-8 hours, add me on PSN and i will invite you to the "Official FC chat" where i was invited long time ago. It can also be a practice session because i promised Murk and Sure to have something like that today silly
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:28 pm

you're one of the few fin, on the wiki events everuone was talking about theiir k/d raio like it was a fps. i don't really care either, im gonna go in with my sl 99 even if its sl 120, i enjoy that sll a lot more than the buff builds that are sl 120+.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:29 pm

If people didn't care I might join in, but in my experience people in the FC definitely care about their K/D ratio as rant said.
    The_Red_Drifter
    The_Red_Drifter
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by The_Red_Drifter Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:21 pm

I never cared about k/d, I usually try to have some fun in PvP.
    Also I'll try joining you Fin, although I currently only have SLs 80 and a 125 available. 80 can be boosted a fair amount though.
    sure-magicians
    sure-magicians
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sure-magicians Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:44 pm

Tolvo wrote:If people didn't care I might join in, but in my experience people in the FC definitely care about their K/D ratio as rant said.

I don't care, it's a game, for me it's about having a good time with my friends, not about any K/D ratio...
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:15 pm

Look folks, lighten up. As long as people show up and have fun without belittling others it's all good. Some people are competitive and like to track wins (and in my experience that's an overwhelming minority of people who count wins, last event there were maybe 5 tops out of 80 participants) as long as they aren't going "PWNED YOU NOOB", then let them enjoy the game the way that matters to them. This FC better be a markedly low incidence of indirect butthurt. I'm going to show up and fight with my terrible Str build, in an earnest attempt to improve. I'll be looking to be matched up with people who can show me tips. If you absolutely must be on the same page then request to duel with someone who approaches it the same way

@crb some weapons are just made for high levels and we can't realistically accomodate them all, otherwise we'd raise the ledge to 300 so Carphil can use his beloved GSoA. There are only a few that simply can't be wielded at 100. But if someone has an organized and easy way to accomodate both ledges then speak up. For now I voted 100 to reduce buff builds and allow for fun 2v2 arena nights.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:00 pm

I'm happy to use 100 or 120. just let me know where and when, I will be there to pad all of your k/d ratios with easy kills.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:23 pm

Fight club huh? I do have a 120. I do I do

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:29 am