Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+29
Kerberos-013
Rudmed
billy_bayonet
wolfboy
hageshisa
Noir_CZ
Nccbd
DoughGuy
bmurn
cloudyeki
Serious_Much
peaceful_sabre
kiwi_commander
aceluby
Gol
Doelker
Rynoa
DxV04
WyrmHero
Maneater_Mildred
JohnnyHarpoon
eninala
DJ_XHERO
Brokewilly
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
PhlyingDutchman
Tolvo
ViralEnsign_
Forum Pirate
33 posters

Dark Moon Blades.

sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Dark Moon Blades. - Page 5 Empty Re: Dark Moon Blades.

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:02 pm

same goes for cursing the catacombs, wheel skellies are brutal in bp form, but the best place to gravelord to obstruct progress is totg. also i've heard that ariamis gets bp bloated hollows too! (unconfirmed, but if you are interested in figuring out what bps show up there see this thread

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t2498-gravelord-bp-monster-beastiary
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:15 pm

Sorry Forum Pirate I got carried away with my Gravelord talk. I shall try harder to remember that I am a Darkmoon Blade.:suspect:
    DJ_XHERO
    Regular
    Regular

Post by DJ_XHERO Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:50 pm

i support the mass sourvenir contest in determinated area (like burg or painted world?) i dont really need reprisals right now +2 to +3 dont change a lo and we can donate the reprisals to the newconers of our convenant or who can need that useless ears
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:01 pm

@ viral all good man, esp. since it was in the context of finding allies for the dms.

@dj +2 to +3 changes dmbs strength from 2xmagic adjust to 2.1xmagic adjust. but it only adds like 18 damage a strike. sad
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:19 pm

On tactics,

I'd recommend everyone watch these videos. Its not super advanced stuff but he breaks down the techniques behind parrying and backstabbing so its probably a good idea to watch them even if you're an 'advanced' player, he might know something you don't.

https://www.youtube.com/user/PhantomEWGF

Reading the forest hunters tactics threads are also a good idea.

And after 3 consecutive victories in 1v3 fights (during which i only swung my sword once), I say if you have aoe spells, ledges are your best friend (i only have the 1 wog slot too so its not like i can spam). Also note that having the poise to be stunned by wog, instead of knocked back, make dodging a follow up attack rather difficult (for the stunned player), and you can count on them rolling either towards you or away probably twice (guess the first time and roll the same direction they did last time after that unless they alternate) Rolling the same direction and casting it again can work wonders.
    kiwi_commander
    kiwi_commander
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by kiwi_commander Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:49 am

Hi all, I am a Darkmoon as my main character SL120. Can I join you guys in taking back the Darkroot Forest?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:51 am

I believe you are looking for the Forest of the Damned Event thread, you can find a link to it in my signature, and you most certainly can. big grin
    kiwi_commander
    kiwi_commander
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by kiwi_commander Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:56 am

Tolvo wrote:I believe you are looking for the Forest of the Damned Event thread, you can find a link to it in my signature, and you most certainly can. big grin

Oh cool, thanks for directing me to the right place. cheers
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:55 am

Done. I edited the first page.
    Check it out here: https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t2560-dark-moon-blades

Let me know what you think and, as i said, feel free to discuss dm tactics, ethics, mechanics, and strategies.
    peaceful_sabre
    peaceful_sabre
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by peaceful_sabre Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:40 pm

Hi. I read only the first page of this but stopped cuz there's still alot more to read lol[I'll keep up with the latest inputs from now happy]

Basically i am still kinda inexperienced in terms of pvp but i feel im getting better. i do start and end a pvp with a bow but most times i get a bit annoyed with the fact the many people chose to attack instead of bow back. i learn to cope but with the level of experience i have the damage they deal can be quite annoying. I must say i am a bit disappointed with the reward DM gives you. I'm at lv121 and unsure to level up further. whats upsetting is that i get no humanity for matches(which i lack in plus i can't join darkwraiths) AND i have inefficient stats to even use the spells/cloth they provide T_T. I stick to the group simply cuz its my only choice where i now i can invade(i dont like using the little humanity i have to get invaded)
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:57 pm

peaceful_sabre wrote:Hi. I read only the first page of this but stopped cuz there's still alot more to read lol[I'll keep up with the latest inputs from now happy]

Basically i am still kinda inexperienced in terms of pvp but i feel im getting better. i do start and end a pvp with a bow but most times i get a bit annoyed with the fact the many people chose to attack instead of bow back. i learn to cope but with the level of experience i have the damage they deal can be quite annoying. I must say i am a bit disappointed with the reward DM gives you. I'm at lv121 and unsure to level up further. whats upsetting is that i get no humanity for matches(which i lack in plus i can't join darkwraiths) AND i have inefficient stats to even use the spells/cloth they provide T_T. I stick to the group simply cuz its my only choice where i now i can invade(i dont like using the little humanity i have to get invaded)

Tell me your stats. I can help you make a new toon SL 120 if you want.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:57 pm

I intend to join my fellow Darkmoon brethren in your noble conquest for respect and humility.

In common terms, I'm in, lets go mess with the gankers twisted
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:01 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I intend to join my fellow Darkmoon brethren in your noble conquest for respect and humility.

That's spirit - lets show the farmers/bangers/gankers/campers we have the minerals to live in the fores in peace plus Alvina will be happy to be able to grow her trents in peace.

T minus 4 days til jump off!!
    peaceful_sabre
    peaceful_sabre
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by peaceful_sabre Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:15 pm

WyrmHero wrote:
    peaceful_sabre wrote:Hi. I read only the first page of this but stopped cuz there's still alot more to read lol[I'll keep up with the latest inputs from now happy]

Tell me your stats. I can help you make a new toon SL 120 if you want.

I only have one MAIN account which is the lv121(first file is lv28 but prob'll be deleted soon). i haven't made new ones cuz i felt the first walkthrough for me was very tedias. Chances are i won't make another account for along time and getting to lv120 in just NG im guessing will be difficult. thx for the thoughts though. What i do ask is: would it be a good idea for me to lv up 10lvs in faith so im SL131 and can use more miracles(DMs buff) + WoG?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:22 pm

@peaceful dms can invade hollow so while humanity is nice, its not necessary. building for the darkmoon talismine is a good idea though. 40+ faith, highest magic adjust talismine.

and yes, probably. still lots of pvp in that range
    peaceful_sabre
    peaceful_sabre
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by peaceful_sabre Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:00 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:@peaceful dms can invade hollow so while humanity is nice, its not necessary. building for the darkmoon talismine is a good idea though. 40+ faith, highest magic adjust talismine.

and yes, probably. still lots of pvp in that range

Thx for the reassurance. As for 40+ faith talismon, can i sub it for the velka one(which is affected by int? i currently have 38 int ?

P.S. does the miracle Karmic justice scale in damage? +how?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:10 pm

Yes you can. at 38 int your magic adjust will be 178 with velkas, actually better than any faith talismine at 30

i don't know much about karmic justice to be honest. It only triggers with physical damage though, so it probably wont trigger against element or magic weapons.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:20 pm

Yeah you should invest those 10 points for 30 Faith so you buff your weapons. If you have 38 Int use Velka's like Pirate said. If you are Darkmoon you have a more wider SL range than Darkwraith and you'll be able to fight within the SL 120 range. If you are using spells I recommend the Crystal Magic Weapon. With the Tin Crystallization Catalyst you have a good buff there if you want to stay on 121 SL.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:57 am

Serious_Much wrote:I intend to join my fellow Darkmoon brethren in your noble conquest for respect and humility.

just saw that. good to have you serious, i'd heard whispers of some kid killing griefers with a stick. figured it was you but viral and mildred were the only dms i saw who would admit to it for a while so i wasn't sure.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:28 pm

Thank you for the welcome happy

On your comedic sidenote though, I'm still waiting for a staff/stave type weapon to be put into the game, think it would be pretty awesome. silly

anyways it's not that I was hiding it, it's just my main allegiance (and speciality to be honest) lies with another covenant. However I enjoy the mantra of the DM more so than the wraiths and frankly we get a raw deal with press.

I'm glad to be with you and the others for this event and onwards though. big grin
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:37 pm

i've got a boar helmed, fat bodied, battle axe wielding dm ready but i've also got a couple of gravelords... maybe i'll alternate based on activity level....
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:52 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:i've got a boar helmed, fat bodied, battle axe wielding dm ready but i've also got a couple of gravelords... maybe i'll alternate based on activity level....

Yes - I think you should switch up between toons during the event. This should help keep the campers off balance to an extent. I want everyone to use every weapon, toon, tactic, trick they know of to remove campers from the forest.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:37 pm

@serious, yeah a staff would be cool. Even if it was useless. Ganker stomping on the sunbro side works fine too, its just as impersice as dming, and you get help. We'll all have company in 3 days though.

And switching up is probably a good idea, i just don't have any other builds prepped yet.

So i was just "jumped" invading in the burg. Dude "hid" behind the closed door with the wooden shield. He was waiting for me to walk by so he could bs me. Unfortunatly for him, i check that door, and he found himself trapped in a small room, with a faith build. He took 2 wogs and a bs.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:21 pm

ahaha don't worry, I'll be using my DM for this mainly, i wanna get into these player covenants and this one i like the most and have most allegiance to than the other PvP covenants big grin

So... what does everyone think as this being our generic response to hate mail during the event?

Moonbros: Spanking sinners since 2011. (yes this is based off Mildred's sig, but modified slightly silly)
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:45 pm

Brokes got a generic dw/dm tag up but i can try to think up a dm specific line if youd like, i could even try create it so it works outside the forest for general wraith hunting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:45 pm