Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+29
Kerberos-013
Rudmed
billy_bayonet
wolfboy
hageshisa
Noir_CZ
Nccbd
DoughGuy
bmurn
cloudyeki
Serious_Much
peaceful_sabre
kiwi_commander
aceluby
Gol
Doelker
Rynoa
DxV04
WyrmHero
Maneater_Mildred
JohnnyHarpoon
eninala
DJ_XHERO
Brokewilly
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
PhlyingDutchman
Tolvo
ViralEnsign_
Forum Pirate
33 posters

Dark Moon Blades.

Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Dark Moon Blades. - Page 4 Empty Re: Dark Moon Blades.

Post by Gol Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:18 pm

I got some tips too, I invaded in Dark Anor Londo during some time.
    Fall control, this spell is underrated, if you got a slot for a catalyst and a slot for this spell, use it.

I'm not saying it is useful in every occasion but when you're facing farmers it's a good way to put some distance between you and them, I never tried that but I think that in the room with the painting guardians it is possible to jump, maybe jump to the statue of gwynevere before.
    But the spell is quite effective, I use it on my DM build cause I can jump from places where the opponent would probably lose a lot of health if he tried and, most important, I don't take any damage so they can't see where I am exactly and sometimes if they're dumb enough they'll try to follow... Shrug

I welcome Ideas, you simply didn't offer any. The roleplaying aspect should be considered but you neither said that, nor offered any ideas on how. I'm really not interested in your opinion as long as you're offering it aimlessly instead of applying it in helpful suggestions. Which you haven't made.

You've also both said that i 'Shouldn't try to change the covenant' and that my idea is good. I am trying to change how the covenant members behave which is ipso facto changing the covenant. So you haven't even made your opinion on what i'm trying to do clear.

Ok, are you reading my posts ?
    I dind't talk about the role playing aspect ?
    Sure, I did, re-read and you'll see.

And there's a difference between "changing something" and "changing the way the others sees it", if you're not able to see it then I understand why we had this argument.
    For example, you could be rich, very rich, owner of a big company and a lot of people would hate you just because you're rich, they would be like "look, that guy has a lot of money, he's got a personal island while some peoples are sleeping in the street, he's a *****", to change that you would give some money to charities, offer homeless peoples a job, etc...

The people would see you as a good person, their opinion would have changd but you would still be the owner of a big company with a personal island.

The way you act doesn't change who you are.

So, you can bow, be polite or whatever, you will change the way people see you and maybe, how they see the DMs but you will still be an assassin of the darkmoon chasing the guilty.

But from a role play aspect, contrary to being an assassin that hides in the dark waiting for the occasion to kill your target, searching no glory (wich is the true purpose of the covenant, the fact that Gwyndolin is hidden, that the way to Gwyndolin is hidden proves it) you would be a faithful assassin with etiquette who would always let the chance to his targets to defend themselves and would always respect his opponents.
    You know, the type of guy who fights for what he believe is right or something like that.

Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:20 pm

Tolvo wrote:Well Wyrm that sounds a bit more like a User Made covenant, which isn't a bad thing necessarily.

I said that too, but you know... my opinion is not welcome.
    I'll start to thing that this guy have some problem with me, even if I don't know what. 🤡
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:21 pm

First of all I believe that we already started with the wrong foot. How can we expect others to see us DM's in a better way if we can't accept each other's opinions...
    Anyway, let's just chill and think and share good tactics against griefers, farmers and glitchers. I have like 7 toons between the xbox and ps3 and never used that stupid bb glitch.
    To me it is kind of lame and it hoes against the spirit of the game.
    Now, to be honest, I am more a PVE oriented guy rather than PVP, but I've been doing the last a lot lately and I can see that there is still a lot of tactics I have to learn, and most important, to learn how to use the imminent lag to my advantage.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:22 pm

Actually that is a good point, that is a pretty under rated spell. There are really a lot of areas it can be useful in, as a GL I tend to use Fall Control in the Depths and other areas when I need to space myself from the two-three people who have invaded me to end the cursing. One such trick is in reaching the ground level from certain areas, such as if you are invading farmers and need an escape from the main room before O/S, you can go out the window, down the steps. Cast it, jump to the lower balcony area or jump down and take no damage. I tend to use more so situational spells as a caster really than straight up damage ones. Then again I just love melee combat too much so it's the warrior in my trying to apply Int haha.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:24 pm

@aceluby i didn't tell him to leave, i asked him to state helpful opinions, instead of telling implying its a bad idea and then editing his post to say thats not what hes saying, after i ask him to rephrain from comments of that nature.

@ everyone else. If you guys believe things would work better as a player ran covenant, rather than a general effort, i'm all for it. I don't believe i should lead it, i'm not exactly leadership material, but i'll definitely help if someone else would like to.

and it got overshadowed pretty quick but what did you guys think of the code of conduct i suggested on page 4?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:26 pm

Well for all Darkmoon's a code of conduct would be incredibly hard to set up, but as for a Player Covenant I'd say it looks pretty good. Maybe certain things that are interpretation based though, like mentioning being against BS fishing unless they try it first?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:34 pm

@ gol. In general. the post i +1d you for was better. offering and explaing your ideas. Thats what i've been asking for. Perhaps that came across wrong, if so my bad. I have no problem with you posting here as long as you continue posting in that manner.

I'd still like to avoid posts like the first couple though.

@tolvo it was intended to be more of a guide. As in, if we all act like this few will be able to say we're honorless.

Though should i take that as a vote in the player ran covenant direction?

@dolker i agree. thats how i do things perhaps i should elaborate on each point further?

Last edited by Forum Pirate on Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:34 pm

What about if two darkmoons invade at the same time the same host with no phantom ally, the first one that got there first should be the only one dueling. The other one should wait until its finished. If the host wins, let him heal, bow and then engage.
    You guys think is a good idea?
    Obviuously, if its a group of farmers, then there are no hold bars qnd they should recieve all the wrath of the darkmoons.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:35 pm

I dont have the skills to be a leader but I can be a high-ranking 'officer' because I got lots of time.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:38 pm

Doelker wrote:What about if two darkmoons invade at the same time the same host with no phantom ally, the first one that got there first should be the only one dueling. The other one should wait until its finished. If the host wins, let him heal, bow and then engage.
    You guys think is a good idea?
    Obviuously, if its a group of farmers, then there are no hold bars qnd they should recieve all the wrath of the darkmoons.

That's an excellent idea. In my past, when I was Darkmoon, I didnt know how to 'duel', but now that I have experience on PvP, I'm ready for anything, and I'm willing to do that. +1 for that idea.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:43 pm

Oh an who i am is TJ not Darkmoon, and as any group (covenant) is defied by its members, changing the members is changing the group.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:46 pm

I rather be in the support team, I have to work all day and I just play a couple of hours at nights.
    What about Mildred being the leader? Or Tolvo?
    From other threads I've read he seems to have a lot of PVP experience.
    I read yesterday about how he took 3 farmers by himself and I was like :shock: ... I want to learn how to do that!!!
    Anyway is just my opinion.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:48 pm

I'm a forest hunter first, but I have no qualms with giving my support how I can, I feel like I'm going to be dabbling in every Covenant in the game, one for each character. As well it is just a different type of PvP, I win almost all 1v3 fights, but I lose a lot of duels. The people of FC can vouch for that haha.
    DJ_XHERO
    Regular
    Regular

Post by DJ_XHERO Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:54 pm

@doelker i always do that i dont like interrput other ppl duels if host get killed u will get the ear anyways

If they are farmers they should receive all the Wrath fo the Gods xDDDDD
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:00 pm

Like I said in a previous post, I'm still a little naive when it comes to PVP tactics and tricks, and to me it would be really wonderful to have people to share tactics with and learn from them.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:02 pm

Well that is the whole purpose of me making a new character to DM on, I will be sharing tips using them when I can, but I also have GL and Forest Hunter tricks to make note of and test, as well as giving Co-Op advice when I can and participating in FC. Man I am spread pretty thing haha, but boy is it is a blast. If there are ranks or titles within the user made cov if you guys decide to go that route I'd be fine as any sort of advisor, I myself do not make a good leader as you'd see if I tried haha.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:08 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:@aceluby i didn't tell him to leave, i asked him to state helpful opinions, instead of telling implying its a bad idea and then editing his post to say thats not what hes saying, after i ask him to rephrain from comments of that nature.

I edited my first post before you replied, man.
    Or there would be a "last edited, etc.."

Then I just tried to explain it differently cause it looked like you didn't get it, anyway, you should read the posts twice and think before you reply, I think it would save us from a lot of argumements.

It's just an advice, I'm not mocking you.

On my side I'll try to explain better, but I'm not really "clever" and english is not my native language and I learned it by myself (you know, I left school, working on my projects, etc) and I'm not speaking it since like 80 years, I'm fluently speaking it since only a few months.
    But yeah, I'll try to explain better in the future. Well What is it

DJ_XHERO
    Regular
    Regular

Post by DJ_XHERO Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:09 pm

My main build i always go with Partizan as my main weapon and a sub weapon like iaito or flamberge or shotel in the offhand i always weild darkmoon talisman and with my offband (depends) like avelyn or a bow (not decided yet) or demon spear (only if i dont go partizan in my main hand)

Just use your skill with the combination of weapons (swings, trust and buffs) you can really outdamage all the ppl if they just run with the shield up pull out your shotel and buf with SLB and *** him xD

thats only for duels i probably with some deadangles off 500 or 600 of damage in 1 min he is dead

If he runs i equip the dragonslayer spear or chaos blade or occult zeihander or occult claymore or occult washing polr (i got some variety for chose depends of my oponent)
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:10 pm

Anyway guys, my lunch time just ended. Have to get back to work. I'll catch you all later.
    Cheers
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:17 pm

And mildred has someone family stuff and runs a store in player help, so i don't think she'd be willing either.

Pvp experience isn't what makes a leader.
    Tolerance for a mind numbing amount of highly tedious work is whats necessary. All the groups problems and problems with the group are their problem. It would require establishing rules, creating lists of the members and( if there are ranks) their ranks. Dealing with reports of rule breakers, the discretion to know when/how to do so, public relations, recruitment, organising events, its all on the leaders head.

Sorry guys but i've been there, I'm not willing to be responsible for that much, especially since i micro-manage.

Thats why i'm trying to fix things in a more broad sense with general behavior advice and spreading awareness of the dms that arn't looking to smash new players/ gank people in 2v1 fights or while they bow.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:40 pm

Damn, we really need a leader so we can organize better and invade en-masse on weekend or weekdays. I would be, but I have never been a leader in any website/group. I was thinking about creating a Priscilla-guardians covenant, but I dont know where to begin. I guess we should post a sticky thread on the forums so we can start recruiting Darkmoons.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:47 pm

If an event idea gets support i'll organise it if necessary. just don't expect me to be constantly creating new event ideas. just because we're not a player ran covenant doesn't meen we can't have events.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:52 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Damn, we really need a leader so we can organize better and invade en-masse on weekend or weekdays. I would be, but I have never been a leader in any website/group. I was thinking about creating a Priscilla-guardians covenant, but I dont know where to begin. I guess we should post a sticky thread on the forums so we can start recruiting Darkmoons.

You could always just use the DM cov and invade in the Painted World. There's a huge amount of Velka related stuff in there so DM's would be fine to be the members of the user cov.

Also I'm all for the event styled stuff kind of like an invasion based fight club where we invade the guilty en masse or compete with one another to see who gets the most souvenirs with a set period of time.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:03 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    WyrmHero wrote:Damn, we really need a leader so we can organize better and invade en-masse on weekend or weekdays. I would be, but I have never been a leader in any website/group. I was thinking about creating a Priscilla-guardians covenant, but I dont know where to begin. I guess we should post a sticky thread on the forums so we can start recruiting Darkmoons.

You could always just use the DM cov and invade in the Painted World. There's a huge amount of Velka related stuff in there so DM's would be fine to be the members of the user cov.

Also I'm all for the event styled stuff kind of like an invasion based fight club where we invade the guilty en masse or compete with one another to see who gets the most souvenirs with a set period of time.

Gravelords could help that covenant too, Tolvo told me that BP wheel skeletons are powerful!!!! LOL.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:19 pm

WyrmHero wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:

Gravelords could help that covenant too, Tolvo told me that BP wheel skeletons are powerful!!!! LOL.

Yeah they are! I got hate mail from a guy on one of GL toons whining about how he couldn't progress through the level unless I uncursed him. Lol he got really mad and kept invading when I sent him my common reply of "Papa Nito Loves you"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:33 pm