Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+51
ClassicBlaze
Hue
Gyonimizotetsu
Blaze1st
SEANB240
Bubbahotep
FattyOfDoom
Eolan
baltis
TheTruth
TehInfamousAmos
cloudyeki
Matthew718
Sal Paradise
Wade_Wilson
lxtab
skarekrow13
stinkers78
Yukon
Shkar
FlamingHarlekin
hortator
ViralEnsign_
Serious_Much
DoughGuy
pylorih
PastaOfDoom
ublug
Doelker
Artorias
SilenceOfKnights
WyrmHero
steal_yer_bike
Gorgrim
Gol
Spurgun
Emergence
lunardose
Tolvo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
JY4answer
ChizFreak
BishopG
Kyubi-Nick
nsane32
menianoon
sunbro
jjshowal
drago1uk2000
Carphil
User
55 posters

The Search for Lore

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

The Search for Lore  - Page 9 Empty Re: The Search for Lore

Post by WyrmHero Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:21 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Forgive my ignorance on this subject but colour someone tell me who siege is or direct me to that section of the thread. Also loving this theory about the pendant restoring the God of Wars memories. Way to read into two items. Perhaps, if this hasn't already been mentioned, is shown in the strange description of the pendant which reads as the sunlight medal?

Seige is Seigmeyer of Catarina, a candidate to being the God of War. Now that you mention it, I do remember when hes fighting the Chaos Eaters, his Claymore is Lighting... About the Pendant, maybe FROM let us a hint changing the Pendants description to that of a sunlight medal. I dont really know how the hell to use it.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:40 pm

Has anyone tried killing Siegelinde before she kills her father? Perhaps he can be kept alive. Or does he turn hostile to you? Also Siegelinde says if he turns hollow she'll just have to kill him again. Perhaps she was the one who took away his godhood thus "killing" him? And finally who is the mother? Siegelinde says she is delivering "her mother's last words" so the mother is dead but who is she?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:55 am

Acid now that you have concluded that Velka is the mother of all of Gwyn's sons and I think everyone concurs, lets do some philosophy. I think you and I agree that the Four Statues of the Maiden with a Baby are Velka with her four Sons. Can we identify the Babies by statue location? I have some ideas. The one in Firelink is Priscilla, the one at Catacombs is Gwyndolin, the one at the Church is Gwynevere and the one at Sunlight Altar is God of War. What do you think?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:01 am

I agree with many that you say... except for one.

The one in firelink would have been made the same as the rest, in which the followers of Gwyn would create. As the crossbreed is that of a bastard to possibly Velka, and certainly Seath, it can be said that Gwyn would detestify against her existence. As many of the architecture across the world, excluding Lost Izalith, is made by the same architects from Gwyn, it wouldn't be so that she would hold the Crossbreed at the alter. If Gwyn knew what it meant, he would possibly destroy it for what it symbolizes, in which case is the dark of Anarchy, of an independent ideal of greed for the self. Although Anarchy is not in definition Chaos, such Anarchy is also not defined as Order either.

More so it would be that of the firstborn, the God of War. As he was possibly born and was a creature of war before the age of fire, it can be said that the small child would be as such. The Firekeeper of the Firelink Shrine, however, does have a much darker appearance than the others, and it is possible that it is the crossbreed. However, it is still highly unlikely, as Gwyn would not let it past by if he knew the truth, and I am sure he knew what he was building (for the most part. if he actually did, he would have know what was going to happen in his absence).
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:19 am

Just a bunch of questions here - Is Velka still alive? Does Gwyndolin punish sin to follow in his mother's footsteps or does he punish sin to remove the sin his mother has done? Any progress on the pygmy's identity? How does Velka being the firekeeeper and thus the mother on the mask of the mother affect the masks ability?

Theory if Seige is the god of war - Seigelinde was the child of Seigemeyer and Velka. Velka made a seal with Seath to seal away her illegitimite daughter which is why she is trapped in the golem. When you free her she seeks her father to get revenge on him.

Last edited by DoughGuy on Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:24 am

Also another outlandish theory - What if before going hollow Gwyn managed to split part of himself off to go into the world and live? What if he tasked this part of himself to find his son? What if his new self misinterpreted this and thought he meant "sun"? Yet this fragment of himself stil joined the sunlight warriors? Yes thats right. What if Solaire was actually a mini Gwyn?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:20 am

I would almost consider Iron Tarkus in a way given his reliance on arms, his presence in Anor Londo, and his over-all badassery. Again that is a less lore and more "Toughest guy" approach. Hmm, I'm trying to think a bit out of the box here. As well going back to the idea of it being Ornstein based off of his spear, the infant clutches a sword. So does that mean the god of war must use a sword? I think it had more to do with showing the god of war is trained in a variety of arms, being a person of great skill in combat.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:24 pm

Tolvo wrote:I would almost consider Iron Tarkus in a way given his reliance on arms, his presence in Anor Londo, and his over-all badassery. Again that is a less lore and more "Toughest guy" approach. Hmm, I'm trying to think a bit out of the box here. As well going back to the idea of it being Ornstein based off of his spear, the infant clutches a sword. So does that mean the god of war must use a sword? I think it had more to do with showing the god of war is trained in a variety of arms, being a person of great skill in combat.

I don't think it fits very well in Tarkus. For me it's Solaire (I hope so), or Andre (but unlikely).
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:15 am

28. Time distortion, and the 'Times Before'

hm. Complications that many overlook at times. I have questioned this for some time. I have had a good idea in how it worked, but their were some key factors that seemingly stood out as off, of sorts. So, after a good amount of research from myself and my comrades, it is time to settle this part for many to see.

The Time distortion does not separate beings by time. More so, it also does so in space. In this, i will show you how this is so. In the beginning of the game, their are two undead who are within the asylum: The Chosen Undead, and the Knight of Astora. The Knight frees the Chosen Undead, in order to do what the knight has failed at.

This Knight has been in the world of Lordran before, it is clear that it is. He has signs across Lordran that are seen within the catacombs, undead burg, and even the crystal caves. Even more so, such signs can be seen more expanded in the depths, more in the undead burg, and so forth. He has been in many of the areas across the world.

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t2497-knight-of-astora-hidden-signs#37708

This link will show the many signs that have been left by this Knight. Apparently, he has seen many of the things across the world. For one, he has talked to Trusty Patches in the Catacombs. He also notes that both the mages Logan and Griggs, as well as Lautrec, are locked up. He has been to the depths, the demon ruins... he even has ended up in the crystal caves.

Odd... the crystal caves are locked away behind an Orange Fog, as well as the Demon ruins for the most part. None of the characters explore these places until the vessel is placed either in your world... so did he set the Lordvessel first, before you, the chosen undead?

Now... I have been looking at other things that are outside of the game, Dark Souls. The trailers, the songs... everything that is connected to FROM's Dark Souls in every matter, and is connected with accuracy. I have learned that FROm does not just do it for no reason. Their is a reason to it... for example, the trailer presented below, the Debut Trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7U-a9pJtHQ&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fresults%3Fsearch_query%3Dtrailer%2Bdark%2Bsouls%26oq%3Dtrailer%2Bdark%2Bsouls%26aq%3Df%26aqi%3Dg-m2%26aql%3D%26gs_sm%3D3%26gs_upl%3D2652l5547l0l5682l20l13l1l0l0l1l434l1540l0.1.4.0.1l6l0&has_verified=1

During 1:00 to 1:20, their are three characters presented in the Trailer. Three that are in the game. One is the Ash Maiden, the Firekeeper, who is seen outside her prison. One is Iron Tarkus, the only time he is seen presented during this time. The Third is the Knight of Astora himself. Interesting, is it not?

Their, in the prologues of Dark Souls itself, their are two characters that are presented within the game. One is the obvious ash maiden, with her blond hair and her ash coloured cloths. The other, on the ground in front of her, is a dead man. A Knight, who has lost his helm and shows his hollowed face... could that knight be the knight of Astora? Maybe. Of course it is hard to say, as his coat of arms is removed form the front of his armor, only showing the steel in which the elite knight armor has. NOT the normal knight armor.

The Search for Lore  - Page 9 KnightSetFull The Search for Lore  - Page 9 Knight_ArmorThe Search for Lore  - Page 9 Img_0338

As you can see, the Knight Armor that is seen is less 'clean' in terms of plate, unlike the Elite Armor presented. The right shoulder plate of the Elite Knight Armor also shows the same quality as that of the Fallen Knights, unlike the right shoulder plate of the Knight's Armor. Although it seems that it is missing the sigil in the front, as well as the cloth section to represent the knight, it seems that it is more so that it is the Elite Knight armor than the regular. Even the arms of the Fallen knight are of more similar quality to that of the Elite Knight armor than the Regular one. So what does it mean?

Well it seems that, before you the undead wanderer, their was a knight that went before you. The Knight of Astora. As it looks he had explored the world along with Knight Tarkus (possibly), during a time when the Ash Maiden was not maimed and held in a cell... but then bares more questions. How does he know that Lautrec and the Mages were locked up? How was it that the Ash Maiden was maimed and locked under the Bonfire? What happens to Tarkus? These are good questions indeed.

It can be said that, before you, the Knight of Astora was the first to relight the Flame of Disparity before you, or at least attempted to. It seems that he, as well as Tarkus (which can be said that he was possibly equivilant to the Knight as Solaire is to Tarkus, being 'comrades of war'). He knows that the three beings are prisoners, and he even more so points the player towards the Tranquil Walk of Peace... interesting. What does that say for the Miracle, as well as the the three prisoners of Lordran? Did the Knight of Astora lock them up, or did he free them before in his time of trying to save humanity from the war of chaos? Hard to say.

With these questions as stated above, it can be said that, although debatable, that he went to Light the Flame of Disparity before you. Does that mean that he did not light the bonfire? No. It absolutely does not. If that were so, then it would be hard to say that the Lordvessel was removed from the Alter once he went to the Asylum. I doubt that the Knight gave it back to Gwynevre or such, nor did the Serpent take it to another, unless he has followers (which are the chosen undead... no one follows him... will be in a post after this). Tarkus did not abandon his mission he embarks in. It seems that Iron Tarkus goes threw Sen's, after you help him. It has been stated before that he, as well as his comrades the Steel Knights, or Berenike Knights if you will, lead from the Undead Church to the Painted World. His corpse lays right beside him, and the undead knights are seen in the church, sens, and then in the painted world. It seems that he was seeking something their. But what?

It is speculated that Rhea has went to Lordran as a possible arrangement for her to become the new Firekeeper of the First Flame, due to her bloodline and her ties to the Sun Gods, as well as what she tries to do (as well as some hinted dialogue from Lautrec, Crestfallen, and Petrus). But what of the Firekeeper, the Ash Maiden? She was in the Firelink Shrine along with the Iron Knight and the Knight of Astora. AND, she was seemingly able to move. What happened?

Hm... well Tarkus is seen going to the painted world that is said to be Velka's 'Storage House'. I have stated before that the Black Witch was indeed the Firekeeper of Disparity, during the war of the dragons. The dialogue of the crestfallen also hints of their being a person that had flew away by the giant crow up top of the structure of Firelink Shrine, which the same crows are seen within the painted world... perhaps Tarkus, or at least the follower of the Dark, maimed her and cut out her tongue. As she wants to relight the flame, while the Black Witch possibly tried to distinguish it after the first war... perhaps she was hidden and imprisoned for what she was, but kept her alive for her purpose as a Firekeeper. It would explain why she was put in such a state.

The Crestfallen Knight is not a reliable source at times. He speculates it over himself, and does not really have certainty in his voice of it being true. He just speculates on how it happens... the same as I.

For now, let us put those speculations aside, and Look back to the time distortion. As you know, their are three Soapstones across the world of Lordran. One is orange, one is red, and one is white. Interesting colours, is it not? Of course, their is a reason why such stones are that way. Their is also a crystal, a Black Crystal, which is used to banish the summoned as well. yes, it is interesting. The Black Crystal, when used, emits a black and blue colour from the user. The orange and white co-exist with the colour, and the Red soapstone is red (and I think black as well, although not certain). Now, the White soapstone changes form the quality of a white sign to an orange once the covenant of the warriors is set. The same colour as the Orange Soapstones, I might add. Their are other ways for such time and space connection as well; the invading orbs (red, blue, black), the Dried fingers, Eyes of Death, the Dragon Eye, as well as the rings of the blue phantoms (Dark Anor and the Forest). So how are they all connected?

They are tied to Covenants, of course. All of them. It can be said that is wrong, as the White and Orange Soapstones can be used by all. That is true. However that also includes the Red soapstone (defined as being a Darkwraith's) as well as the Black Eye... the Black Eye we will get back to soon.

the Orange Soapstone is from the same covenant as the Warriors of Sunlight (the same colour in both sign and stone as the signs of sunlight phantoms), as the Red Soapstone is that of the Darkwraiths. Now the White soapstone is debatable, but it can be said that it might be of no covenant at all. I have found no connections of covenant to it, and it is hard to say who created such a stone for all to help one another. However, the warriors of sunlight covenant alters it to change the phantom of the player, it can be said as much.

Now for the eyes... the interesting eyes. The Red Orbs, as well as the cracked red orbs, are that of Kaathe, or in a broader perspective the Darkwraiths. Used in the art of hunting all down for the greater games, for the greater rewards. The Blue eyes are different, however. They do not aim to hunt down the stronger or as strong, but just all that sin. Just covenant is the same as the forest covenant functions in that regard, although it is more aimed for the sinners than invaders (not darkwraiths and sinners; location invaders). The Dragon Eye is that of the same function as the Red Soapstone... however unique. They are white phantoms... white invader phantoms. They are White with a Black inside (like humanity), in which the winner takes a Dragon Scale, and aims for such scales (that is still being researched as of why, but it seems to show that Dragons were once Human at a time... still doing research on that regard). These eyes are meant to invade those special beings for a reward as such for their trifles... now the other two.

Their are two eyes that do not function the same as the others. One is the black orb, the other the Eyes of Death. Unlike the Dragon Eye, they do not allow the Dragon Acolytes to invade others. No, they aim to infect others. Similar to that of the Firekeeper, they keep the connection between the plaguer and the plagued alive, in which the being is a nexus of death, as other worlds are invaded by black aberrations of the 'citizens' of a location. However if found, the plagued can invade the plaguer as blue phantoms (interesting choice), bey using the white soapstone with the black plague surrounding it (similar to that of the Dragon Phantoms... hm). When they invade, they show up as blue phantoms, and are usually mistaken as the Darkmoon at times. When they die, more eyes are harvested, so that more plagues can be fulfilled. Hm.

The other, the Black eye Orb, is placed where the Firekeeper is seen. Interesting enough, the player shows up as a Blue Phantom, and shows up only once to use it; to return the soul of the firekeeper. Now... their are two other firekeepers in the world, yet not can be revived as such as the slain firekeeper of the shrine. Even more so, the Firekeeper has a restored tongue from her resurrection (but possibly not her legs... or she does not care to stand up at all). This orb is not of the same quality as the other orbs. It is possible that such an eye was made by the Goddess of Sin herself. It is black, and the pardoners across the world would know of such a deed. As the Darkmoon hunt the sinners of the gods, and Lautrec is not bound to such laws as others... could it be that her minions placed this eye for others to find? If it were that Velka, or at least her minions, had imprisoned her... why would they revive her?

It can be argued that the Firekeeper is revived for those to access the world easier, but that is unlikely so. The location of the bonfires, as well as the warping mechanism of the Lordvessel, does not really require the Firekeeper to exist for such a purpose. perhaps they did, but it is unlikely... so why? Who knows. Such things are still being researched, as well as other things across Lordran. It seems, however, that the Dragon and Gravelords have in common the phantom/sign and the way of obtaining the eyes, which are dragons (or for the eye of death dragon creatures of curses). They both have similar colours as that of Humanity, and the Gravelords (which Nito was created from the Firekeeper, velka, as it can be the reason why he looks so familiar to the Dark Armors of Kaathe... heh) and the Dragon Covenants both function in a different scale than others. Unlike the reward of the dead in terms of humanity and such, they seek parts of a dragon. interesting, is it not.

Speaking of humanity... it is time to talk about the Black Knights (again). Now I have been debating as to what these knights are. And I have realized in my travels that only two beings ignore the time distortion of the bonfires when undead use it: NPCS, and the Black Knights themselves. They have their HP restored, but they are still chasing after you. Interesting. I have stated that the Black knights are a form of humanity golems, as what Gwyn uses for Humanity could be distributed to his warriors against the Chaos. I have realized many things about the knights, both silver and black. (but that is for another time). The Knights ignore the time distortion, with only their hp being affected by it. The same as any undead who are affected by the flame. It could be that such knights ignore it, as they are part of the Flame of Disparity (followers of Gwyn, the protector of it). However, as their leader is now hollow, it can be said that their way of hunting is being skewed by the absence of a leader... does it? (No... but that is for another post). Perhaps such ties towards the flame allow this... but what about the ghosts of the knights( the ones that are seen going right from the viewpoint of coming from the lordvessel? The ones seen there, between the vessel and the area of the flame? Yes... it is hard to say what those beings are... but it seems that, perhaps, they are not fallen knights of the flame, but the 'lost' knights from the flame. Again, it will be stated in a post after this.

My time is running short, which is ironic at this time. But the time distortion and the past before the player has annoyed me so with questions... which are soon to be answered. Why is it that everything functions as such? Well, you'll just have to wait for that, and for me to find out. I will see you soon.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:43 am

About the black knights whenever I have used a bonfire while being chased by one they have simply disappeared, not continued chasing. Also can you pass on to me any information you have on Tarkus? It will help me plan his story better. I need to find another motivation for him now. His associasion with oscar looks good but then who sent them? Were they sent to Lordran together or did they find each othre? Who was the leader of them? Did they bring the firekeeper with them to Lordran? Why did Oscar risk his life returning to the asylum rather than continuing his quest? Did he fail? I think he did. I think he left Tarkus and the firekeeper because he failed to fufill the prophecy and tried to help someone else. So this brings the question of what was Tarkus going to get that would help the new chosen undead. Perhaps the dark ember to help him kill Gwyn. What else exists on the painted world that would help the chosen undead defeat Gwyn? Also where were Tarkus's knights? Were they with him the entire time from the start or did he lose them before he met Oscar? So many damn questions. I wish I could answer some of them but I'll have to leave that to others.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:31 am

You shouldn't see the time distortion as "Peoples from the past are brought in the "future" and vice versa".
    It's more like "parralel universes", or "parrarel realities", everything takes place at the same moment, of course there are peoples who seem to come from the past but it doesn't mean we are from the "future" either.
    There is just the "Present".
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:42 am

I like to see my research showing results, I was kind of worried that I might have done it all for naught haha.

Man now I'm just jumping from character to character focusing on the god of war, that knight of Astora is now on my mind, at least this minute. Probably in another ten I'll be back to Solaire. However it does strike me as odd that he would get to areas that are past Orange gates, since the Lordvessel is given to the being who is the successor to Lord Gwyn, his son possibly? And this Knight apparently got past them via that or some means? Damn this is really perplexing me now!

...So it's Tarkus!

...Wait no it's Solaire!

Acidic, you are going to make me turn hollow bringing up all of these ideas.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:36 pm

So as some had mentioned I was checking out that statue of the "God of War" at the sunlight altar and indeed he wears Gwyn's full armor aside from the crown. However something I did find interesting upon inspection of the face of the statue. It is hard to tell at first, so I put on the Sunlight Maggot and you can perfectly see his face near to the ground. He has closed eyes, and exactly resembles the face of the man in the stone carving in the church, right near to where Reah prays. The Shepard looking man with animals near to him. I've always figured this Shepard was Gwyn himself, but now I do wonder if it is actually the god of war given the uncanny resemblance. Then again, the God of War could just look exactly like his father, or be a part of his father.

As well I was just thinking over the words of Solaire in Izalith if he ends up surviving, "Was it all a lie? Have I done this all, for nothing? Oh my dear sun...What now, what should I do..? ...My sun, my dear, dear sun..."

It never added up to me why he went there in the first place, however I do think it might be wrong to assume Solaire used the shortcut since he does go the way of the Centipede demon I believe. Now, who informed him of this location and suggested it to him? Who lied to him? Was it even a who?

Something else I thought is worth mentioning, I was looking at the statue of the female by the sunlight altar and the pedestal she is on reminded me of the architecture of Izalith as well as the Firelink Altar, with that as well her garb does somewhat resemble the texture of the witches of Iza.

Just some random ramblings from me haha.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:10 pm

Tolvo wrote:So as some had mentioned I was checking out that statue of the "God of War" at the sunlight altar and indeed he wears Gwyn's full armor aside from the crown. However something I did find interesting upon inspection of the face of the statue. It is hard to tell at first, so I put on the Sunlight Maggot and you can perfectly see his face near to the ground. He has closed eyes, and exactly resembles the face of the man in the stone carving in the church, right near to where Reah prays. The Shepard looking man with animals near to him. I've always figured this Shepard was Gwyn himself, but now I do wonder if it is actually the god of war given the uncanny resemblance. Then again, the God of War could just look exactly like his father, or be a part of his father.

As well I was just thinking over the words of Solaire in Izalith if he ends up surviving, "Was it all a lie? Have I done this all, for nothing? Oh my dear sun...What now, what should I do..? ...My sun, my dear, dear sun..."

It never added up to me why he went there in the first place, however I do think it might be wrong to assume Solaire used the shortcut since he does go the way of the Centipede demon I believe. Now, who informed him of this location and suggested it to him? Who lied to him? Was it even a who?

Something else I thought is worth mentioning, I was looking at the statue of the female by the sunlight altar and the pedestal she is on reminded me of the architecture of Izalith as well as the Firelink Altar, with that as well her garb does somewhat resemble the texture of the witches of Iza.

Just some random ramblings from me haha.

The statue of the female with a baby is Velka, her robes looks almost the same as the robes of the statues of Gwynevere. There are three statues, which are representing her with Lord Gwyn's 3 sons. This is of course if Velka is Gwyn's wife, which I think Acid's right on that argument.

I was also observing the Sunlight Altar, it is interesting it has closed eyes (or maybe eyes without iris). I think the man offering the egg to Velka is her uncle, Allfather Lloyd, and I think that altar is representing a deep adoration to the birth of the girl of the family, Gwynevere, goddess of sunlight and fertility.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:20 pm

Acid I hope you love this. I was fighting ghosts in New Londo, then I observed that female ones have like some kind of oval object. When they attack with their Ghost Blade, it seems that the other hand still holds the object. I think they are carrying babies like the one on Velka's statue of Firelink Shrine. That's not the only thing, there's more. These female ghosts have an Lightning attack, like the one the Drakes guarding New Londo use. This attack comes from the center of the ghost, or the baby. I think that the women in New Londo where giving birth to Crossbreeds!!!!!! I also noticed that the statue of Firelink Shrine rests on some kind of roots, almost the same as the Everlasting Dragon.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:31 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Acid I hope you love this. I was fighting ghosts in New Londo, then I observed that female ones have like some kind of oval object. When they attack with their Ghost Blade, it seems that the other hand still holds the object. I think they are carrying babies like the one on Velka's statue of Firelink Shrine. That's not the only thing, there's more. These female ghosts have an Lightning attack, like the one the Drakes guarding New Londo use. This attack comes from the center of the ghost, or the baby. I think that the women in New Londo where giving birth to Crossbreeds!!!!!! I also noticed that the statue of Firelink Shrine rests on some kind of roots, almost the same as the Everlasting Dragon.

But who were the father sof all these children? Seath is the only true dragon that survived the age of ancients who is able to move around in Lordran without prosecution but priscilla doesnt use lightning. Unless the dragons that were responsible were wiped out in the flooding. Perhaps Seath introduced the dragons into new londo to breed a powerful race that would help him overthrow the gods?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:54 pm

Isn't it weird that the breath of the drakes is a Lightning Breath? Aren't dragons weak against lightning???? Why did these drakes develop such a breath? Is the lightning breath a primitive form of fire breath?? Im sure that those drakes are some kind of baby dragons, and the mother is Hellkite Dragon, with its fire breath.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:49 pm

Another theory for you, my friend. I don't think Velka died and then the Flame started to fade away, is that she abandoned her duties as a Firekeeper to work on her ritual with the power of the Dark and the Flame in New Londo. These rituals are very mysterious, but I think is has to do with the Rite if Kindling (as it is a Dark Flame). I'm trying to make a connection with the curse of the undead. Why did the Dark Sign appear? Is it a punishment for Velka abandoning her duties as a Firekeeper? I consider Velka as the Pygmy, she is the goddess of sin and after all it is human to sin. This means she is our ancestor, bearer of the Dark Soul and mother of humanity.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:11 am

The drakes having lightning breath could be a form of evlution. By having a breath that other drakes are weak against they become the top predator.

I agree that Velka didn't die however I don't thik she abandoned the flame until after it was first exstinguished. I think the god of war (who i thik is the pygmy) exstinguished it to bring abou the age of man. Disconnected from the flame Velka tried to distance herself from it as she saw it as a sign of weakness. If the flame died she was weaakened. Thus she tried to get power from the dark rather than the fire as the fire would eventually fade but there is aloways dark.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:28 am

DoughGuy wrote:The drakes having lightning breath could be a form of evlution. By having a breath that other drakes are weak against they become the top predator.

I agree that Velka didn't die however I don't thik she abandoned the flame until after it was first exstinguished. I think the god of war (who i thik is the pygmy) exstinguished it to bring abou the age of man. Disconnected from the flame Velka tried to distance herself from it as she saw it as a sign of weakness. If the flame died she was weaakened. Thus she tried to get power from the dark rather than the fire as the fire would eventually fade but there is aloways dark.

Im sure Velka is the Pygmy, Doughguy. I dont see a connection between the Dark Soul and the God of War. There's so little information of that bastard that makes me furious. I starting to doubt that the statue of the Sunlight Altar is actually him, or a replica of his young father. Instead, the conclusion that Acid made about Velka being the First Firekeeper and wife to Lotd Gwyn seems to me very logical. You know that firekeepers use humanity to keep their bonfire alive, as it is stated that their firekeeper souls hold 'infinite' humanity. Dont you think that (if the Dark Soul is a infinite resource of humanity, of that Im sure, as all humans have fragments of it) Velka could use the Dark Soul to keep the First Flame lit, as it is an inmense source of energy, heat and life?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:24 am

You do put forward an good and hard to refute case. however the pygmy is specifcally mentioned as "easily forgotten". As well as that the pygmy found a lord soul in the flame. Velka must have had her soul of humanity before the flame started, or was gifted the soul at the flames birth, not at any point after it. Meanwhile the god of war could have become a god after the flame started, aorund the time gwyn did and is almost completely forgotten around the world. I agree that Velka is the firekeeper and wife to Gwyn but I dont believ she is the pygmy. Honestly Im not that convinced that the god of war is but as so much of the game there are no other options so I must go with the most likely of the 2.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:27 am

I will also add when the god of war lost his deific status he most probably became mortal again. Without the dark soul to sustain him/turn him undead he most probably would have died of old age.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:54 am

Yeah that is the part that kills my argument, that the Pygmy was forgotten, just like the God of War, how convenient.... I think I am starting to hate him, he is a complete troll!!!!! Everyone forgets him, he doesnt remember a thing, nobody mentions him anywhere in the game!!!!! LOL
    How about this... If the Firekeeper is bound to the Flame, it means she was alone in the Kiln, and everyone in Anor Londo was happy and celebrating the Age of Fire. Do you think everyone easily forgot about her???? That no one care about her, not even her own husband, because he was too busy maintaining the Order?

Another thing about the God of War, there is not a single miracle, weapon or armor that the God of War had used, that has to do with the power of the Dark (Occult, Dark Miracles, Dark Hand). The only things that he used are Sunlight Blade and maybe the Dragonslayer Spear and other Lightning Weapons, Robes of the Great Lord or Ornstein Armor, his ring that boosts miracles and maybe the Lightning Spears miracle, although he had only respect for arms.

The Firekeeper needed the power of Dark Soul to keep that Super Flame alive, if not, I think the Flame would consume her. I think that when she found the Dark Soul it somewhat became a part of her body ( Firekeeper Scar clue). Velka was a Witch, her miracles are Dark, her statues are in New Londo, her Weapons are Occult, Dark Ember, Large Flame Ember, Priscilla...everything makes sense.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:58 am

Ah what you need to remember is the flame of disparity was not just any bonfire. It may have allowed the firekeeper to move large distances from it. Even then there is nothing that says firekeepers cannot move away from their bonfires. We just never see any that do. Second if I remember rightly the kiln is actually a ruined city. There may also be other ways to reach the kiln through anor londo that the player does not see.

Velka does use al those dar things BUT she didnt use them before she turned to the dark. it was only after the first exstinguishing that she started using the power of the dark.

Velka's first soul would be very powerful. Remember that the flame was in existence before the lord souls were found. I thinkn Velka did something, some act of rebellion that birthed the flame and strengthened her soul, changed it into humanity. Also she was a goddess of sin. Even if she was the firekeeper she could have sinned by using the powers of the dark.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:16 pm

So I just noticed something very odd in the catacombs. You know how you push in one of those gizmos, like the one patches is next to, and it opens a wall up? The wall in the area above Vamos the Blacksmith. Well I was going down to make a Gravelord, and decided to actually examine said wall, and there are english letters on it. They are faded and the lighting is a bit off, but they are definitely english letters. I cannot read them due to my television screen being kind of small, but just thought this might be worth mentioning.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:13 am