Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
MaxfireXSA
Digitalyzed
ZikoLogiKa NL
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
sonofartorias
TehInfamousAmos
ViralEnsign_
ROOSTER330
12 posters

WHERE MY WARRIORS AT???

ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

WHERE MY WARRIORS AT??? - Page 3 Empty Re: WHERE MY WARRIORS AT???

Post by ROOSTER330 Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:03 am

Its more about endurance that actual wieght lifting, holding a rifle pointed up at a window doesnt seem hard, until your stuck there for 12 hours doing it. lol. I will say the bigger guys can usually carry the wieght better, makes sense that they can of course.

I'm the smallest guy on the team, by alot. Strange... my whole family is big, huge upper bodied guys. I'm 5'11" 165lbs. Think the smallest guy next to me is around 200lbs and most are more like 225-245. I'm the rabbit, something needs climbed, someone needs to run to a spot, gotta get in the attic, on the roof, etc etc. Its me. lol
    sonofartorias
    sonofartorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sonofartorias Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:06 am

are they fat or in shape and i'm only 6'0" tall your not that much shorter than me
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:11 am

Oh they are all in shape. Cant be on the team if you cant keep up. We all still work on the street too, our team is comprised of people from different agencies, and everyone, even the Commander, have to be able to pass all the shooting and physical tests to stay on the team. Any doesnt pass, they are out until they pass.

The tests are too difficult for anyone out of shape to complete, let alone do it in the alotted time.
    sonofartorias
    sonofartorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sonofartorias Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:14 am

i meant your family you said they were all big
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:40 pm

A few years Muay Thai, BJJ, and consistent training through MMA and boxing myself (Which also included advanced kendo-esque techniques). Used to do archery but left after I discovered other more engaging arts (In my opinion anyway), and have been using throwing knives for several years. Basically no weapon training, as I prefer not to rely on my equipment, but I can do wonders with a knife should it be needed. I've personally taught myself parkour to an extent which was helped greatly by my past in gymnastics, before I gave that up because we wouldn't leave the suspended hoops which always bored me.

Also, been paintballing a couple of times
    lol
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:14 pm

sonofartorias wrote:i meant your family you said they were all big

Big Muscular, big frames, big barrel chested guys. lol
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:15 pm

Digitalyzed wrote:A few years Muay Thai, BJJ, and consistent training through MMA and boxing myself (Which also included advanced kendo-esque techniques). Used to do archery but left after I discovered other more engaging arts (In my opinion anyway), and have been using throwing knives for several years. Basically no weapon training, as I prefer not to rely on my equipment, but I can do wonders with a knife should it be needed. I've personally taught myself parkour to an extent which was helped greatly by my past in gymnastics, before I gave that up because we wouldn't leave the suspended hoops which always bored me.

Also, been paintballing a couple of times
    lol

Nice! Said it before, but I love Muay Thai! big grin
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:24 pm

Good to see. I previously did kickboxing but after discussing with my friend why the joints (Knees and Elbows) can inflict more damage than hands and feet, I wished to learn how to use them all in combat, and so the kickboxing of eight limbs seemed more appropriate.
    sonofartorias
    sonofartorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sonofartorias Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:36 pm

i have got a pro wrestling match tonight in lewiston so although i'm happy to be wrestling tonight i have to go to our most crime ridden area
    MaxfireXSA
    MaxfireXSA

Post by MaxfireXSA Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:32 pm

I'm a fighter, and I practice Kenpo Karate. Practice every techniques that I have to do according to the list of techniques that I have to do. I was a 3rd degree brown belt in the American Institute of Kenpo.
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:48 pm

MaxfireXSA wrote:I'm a fighter, and I practice Kenpo Karate. Practice every techniques that I have to do according to the list of techniques that I have to do. I was a 3rd degree brown belt in the American Institute of Kenpo.

Thats cool! Ive always wondered, what is the difference between kenpo karate and regular karate?
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:21 pm

I might not be the biggest guy in the world, but I'm pretty well-trained and good in a fight. I stopped formally training in Tae kwon do a few years ago, but I still keep my skills sharp and I've branched out into other forms of fighting, so I know a bit about boxing now too. However, I don't like to fight. Even sparring I can't help but hold back, and I'd rather settle things peacefully than beat someone up. Based on some recent people I've sparred with though, I'm probably about as strong as a first or second degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do; my technique is a bit sloppier but I can kick like swinging a baseball bat. It doesn't really qualify as "warrior" I guess, but heaven preserve the fool who gets me mad enough to fight seriously.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:58 pm

Jujitsu. Similarly though, I can't go 100% unless I'm so angry that I won't remember the fight afterwards (during which time I'm viscious and apparently don't respond at all to pain) so I take great pains to avoid such confrontations. I prefer to quickly subdue rather than to fight, armbars, kneebars, choke holds, wrist locks and ankle locks. Few have the training or willpower to escape one once its in place.

My favorite move is actually the flying guillotine. Its risky to try, but it suprises the hell out of people. As long as they don't have a weapon its perfectly safe (for me) if it works.

I also sleep with a knife under my pillow, have a backpack of emergency supplies and practice archery in case of natural disaster or zombie apocalypse
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:57 am

Warrior doesnt necessarily have to be someone that looks for battles, just someone that doesnt shy from them and prepares for them. So, in a different way, you are both warriors Ghadis & Forum
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:25 am

Karate since I was twelve. Judo from a pretty well respected instructor in my twenties. Self taught in just about anything I can integrate from capoeira to muay thai. Pretty proficient with throwing weapons. I used to be able to throw knives with my feet or fluid from my sword scabbard (hidden knives). Better with Japanese sword techniques than European (possible hint: your dominant hand has different assignments depending on style). Contrasting that I got pretty good at one handing my wrought iron battle ax. Fifteen pounds and custom made. With firearms I'm generally better with bigger. As in more accurate with a .357 than a 9mm. Can make a wide variety of things including bows, strings and passable arrows. Not only did I make my own Nunchaku but tailored the cord length to enable a unique trick with them. Sounds good on paper but I'm way out of practice.
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:24 am

skarekrow13 wrote:Karate since I was twelve. Judo from a pretty well respected instructor in my twenties. Self taught in just about anything I can integrate from capoeira to muay thai. Pretty proficient with throwing weapons. I used to be able to throw knives with my feet or fluid from my sword scabbard (hidden knives). Better with Japanese sword techniques than European (possible hint: your dominant hand has different assignments depending on style). Contrasting that I got pretty good at one handing my wrought iron battle ax. Fifteen pounds and custom made. With firearms I'm generally better with bigger. As in more accurate with a .357 than a 9mm. Can make a wide variety of things including bows, strings and passable arrows. Not only did I make my own Nunchaku but tailored the cord length to enable a unique trick with them. Sounds good on paper but I'm way out of practice.

All very cool! Strange your more accurate with larger cal guns, most everyone is more accurate with a gun with less kick. Your faster with heavier shoes. Lol. All real cool, especially throwing knives with your feet! Not sure theres a practical application for that, but awesome still!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:30 am

Knife throwing from your feet = sneak attacks. I can throw a good number of items with my feet (use door knobs, turn off light switches, and I'm sure I can still hold a knife and slash with it with my feet). Since knives require spin I practiced that since it's one of the harder things I could do (darts are easier). First rule of an art I studied (on my own, no instructor) but left out of my list is to improvise. Everything is a weapon and there's always stuff on the ground.

I've only shot a small sample of weapons. The 9mm in question was a glock and it didn't feel right. Maybe some martial arts philosophy speaking to me. A .357 just feels like, well, me.

Rooster, if I followed the thread correctly any martial artist should follow a training technique you mentioned. I know it's job related for you but there's a crazy number of benefits to training with weights. I used to wear five pound ankle weights for example to learn kicks. Horse stance punch drills? Hold 15 pound weights and try not to break your hip on the return to chamber part.

Also kudos to you for starting this discussion. Apart from a couple of people I knew about I didn't think there was this much involvement and this thread's a great way to talk about a major interest of mine.
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:09 pm

Finally! Someone else with super opposable feet. I've been using mine to pick up socks and clothes on the floor since I was ten, and now I spend most of the time writing posts and things like this while using my feet to throw a half deflated basketball into a hoop across the room. Fun times.
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:01 am

Just wanna say my ....event...., went smoothly, got bad guys n guns n drugs, everyones safe, it wasto a danm good day!

Glad to see so many warriors on the forum, keep training, stay sharp!
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:27 pm

I wouldn't call people who go looking for unnecessary fight warriors. I'm not that charitable.

To be fair, I'd describe myself as a sentinel long before I'd say warrior.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:45 pm

at the age of six I trained in karate and MMA also CIA trained and I train myself in all weapons my two best friends darkness and my mind

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:38 pm