Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
samster628
dancash1808
SnailsAndSlugs
Phoenix Rising
Moratoetje
Montante
menzinho
bloodpixel
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Wade_Wilson
Orango19
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Knight Alundil
ICEFANG
LordRevan
Glutebrah
Casdman
Forgetfulness
Juutas
Bcc17
24 posters

We need to do some research [SPOILERS]

Casdman
    Casdman
    Addicted
    Addicted

We need to do some research [SPOILERS] - Page 2 Empty Re: We need to do some research [SPOILERS]

Post by Casdman Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:48 pm

Both in the name of research and the name of fun, has anyone tried doing NG+ with the ring perma equipped? somthing could change in your second playthrough, or even the second time you fight him.

Could something happen when you have both the ring and the debuff on you at the same time?
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

We need to do some research [SPOILERS] - Page 2 Empty Re: We need to do some research [SPOILERS]

Post by ICEFANG Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:29 pm

I was going to do that, but since the new PvP level looks to be 99, I can't get my VIT high enough to beat some bosses while wearing that ring (at 99 my vit is 30, rather than 50 at 125). I mean most bosses would one shot me with some strong attacks. I will consider it if enough people ask me to.
    Forgetfulness
    Forgetfulness

Post by Forgetfulness Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:33 pm

Casdman wrote:Both in the name of research and the name of fun, has anyone tried doing NG+ with the ring perma equipped? somthing could change in your second playthrough, or even the second time you fight him.

Could something happen when you have both the ring and the debuff on you at the same time?
    That sounds like quite a challenge, but it could be fun.

It's quite tempting actually. xD
    Montante
    Montante
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Montante Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:40 am

ICEFANG wrote:I was going to do that, but since the new PvP level looks to be 99, I can't get my VIT high enough to beat some bosses while wearing that ring (at 99 my vit is 30, rather than 50 at 125). I mean most bosses would one shot me with some strong attacks. I will consider it if enough people ask me to.

I think I could do it with my sorcerer if I decide to move on to NG++. I've gone through NG+ with 8 vitality, everything 1-hit-kills me already. It won't make much of a difference. happy
    Moratoetje
    Moratoetje

Post by Moratoetje Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:14 am

I don't think that the guardian's souls has any use. There is a thread on Gamefaqs about this and they already tried to combine these weapons with the soul: Straight Sword, Medium Shield, Bow, catalysts, greatsword, katanas, Fist, Hammer, Talisman, Crossbow, whip, great axe, halberd, ultra greatsword, ultra curved sword, dagger, axe. :\
    Casdman
    Casdman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Casdman Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:44 am

Moratoetje wrote:I don't think that the guardian's souls has any use. There is a thread on Gamefaqs about this and they already tried to combine these weapons with the soul: Straight Sword, Medium Shield, Bow, catalysts, greatsword, katanas, Fist, Hammer, Talisman, Crossbow, whip, great axe, halberd, ultra greatsword, ultra curved sword, dagger, axe. :\

Wrong thread?
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:48 am

Casdman wrote:
    Moratoetje wrote:I don't think that the guardian's souls has any use. There is a thread on Gamefaqs about this and they already tried to combine these weapons with the soul: Straight Sword, Medium Shield, Bow, catalysts, greatsword, katanas, Fist, Hammer, Talisman, Crossbow, whip, great axe, halberd, ultra greatsword, ultra curved sword, dagger, axe. :\

Wrong thread?

People need to read more sad
    Casdman
    Casdman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Casdman Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:50 am

Knight Alundil wrote:
    Casdman wrote:

Wrong thread?

whoops,everyone was talking about the ring aspect so i forgot.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:54 am

Casdman wrote:
    Knight Alundil wrote:
    Casdman wrote:

Wrong thread?

whoops,everyone was talking about the ring aspect so i forgot.

Pfft nub. Hah jk I actually thought this was just a calamity ring thread too so I was actually agreeing with you so... yeh that just didnt happen, yah?

OT: The dusk crown ring and the calamity ring both drop from dragnoid creatures in the exact same location, perhaps there's a connection there?
    Casdman
    Casdman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Casdman Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:30 am

who knows, maybe the 50% hp you lose is doubled by the calamity ring and you instantly die XD
    Bcc17
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bcc17 Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:44 pm

Was going to try to give the Guardian Soul to Rhea to see if she would make a miracle out of it ala Demon's Souls, but Petrus beat me to her sad
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:45 pm

Could you imagine a dusk crown ring / calamity ring challenge run? *shudder*
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:32 pm

anyone tried seeing if it buffs dark sorceries?
    SnailsAndSlugs
    SnailsAndSlugs
    Casual
    Casual

Post by SnailsAndSlugs Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:53 pm

On the topic of Sanctuary Guardian's soul (since OP mentioned it as well as the calamity ring), my only theory is that it could be used to open a door or perhaps trade to an NPC for something a la the lord shards (the only other boss souls that aren't used to craft anything). It COULD just be another red herring like the pendant, but I kind of doubt it. I'm going to try dropping it in front of Domnhall when I get home and see if he says anything other than "I don't see anything here" when you try to trade with him.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:57 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:anyone tried seeing if it buffs dark sorceries?

Good call. Bump.

Anyone confirm??
    SnailsAndSlugs
    SnailsAndSlugs
    Casual
    Casual

Post by SnailsAndSlugs Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:59 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:

Good call. Bump.

Anyone confirm??

My initial thought when I got the calamity ring was that, paired with the silver pendant, maybe it could be used to reflect enemy spells at double damage. But, in reality, I think the silver pendant only DEflects certain magic, not REflects. Am I right?
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:02 pm

SnailsAndSlugs wrote:
    Knight Alundil wrote:

Good call. Bump.

Anyone confirm??

My initial thought when I got the calamity ring was that, paired with the silver pendant, maybe it could be used to reflect enemy spells at double damage. But, in reality, I think the silver pendant only DEflects certain magic, not REflects. Am I right?

***. I hope your right.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:04 pm

Phoenix Rising wrote:Could you imagine a dusk crown ring / calamity ring challenge run? *shudder*

No worse than an SL1 challenge run after a couple of iterations. I'd imagine the ability to level up would offset the lack of ring slots.
    (although you would have to shortcut izalith)
    SnailsAndSlugs
    SnailsAndSlugs
    Casual
    Casual

Post by SnailsAndSlugs Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:48 pm

dancash1808 wrote:
    Phoenix Rising wrote:Could you imagine a dusk crown ring / calamity ring challenge run? *shudder*

No worse than an SL1 challenge run after a couple of iterations. I'd imagine the ability to level up would offset the lack of ring slots.
    (although you would have to shortcut izalith)

Maybe you can actually make it through lower izalith w/o orange charred ring. sanctus + elizabeth's mushroom + flash sweat + replenishment.
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:33 am

BCC17 ... am i the only one who has noticed his image and signature photo...

IT'S RUPTUREFARM'S FROM ODDWORLD. Another legendary hard game from the old PS1. sorry just i have the origional abes odysee ps1 version and i am glad to see it is not forgotten.
    Montante
    Montante
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Montante Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:29 am

Knight Alundil wrote:

Good call. Bump.

Anyone confirm??

Doesn't seem like it. I just tried.
    Fotitudo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Fotitudo Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:36 am

A hidden increase of the drop rate? Or just more rare drops?
    Casdman
    Casdman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Casdman Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:59 am

Fotitudo wrote:A hidden increase of the drop rate? Or just more rare drops?

i checked, it doesnt seem to change item discovery for me, but another person can confirm too
    xelectrowolfx
    xelectrowolfx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xelectrowolfx Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:20 am

perhaps the calamity ring is the wrong version that drops when you kill the dragon the wrong way, has anyone tried killing him, by just shooting directely at his red eye??? perhaps it will cause it to crack draining his power and produce completely different results.

Im just thinking outside the box, this ring seems to be more along the lines of the ring of the evil eye, perhaps theres even a secret summon you can have with you at the boss battle and upon winning he offers to uncurse the ring for you.

as for the guardian soul. I believe it will give some sort of new miracle (ball lightning) but the question is who do you give it to? perhaps freeing rhea of thouroland? There is also other speculation, the discription on the ring says it is more in line with being a demon rather than beast or other wise, the only NPC that does anything with demons is shiva and the ninja, and they hunt them for their weapons, perhaps doing this will present a new strength based weapon like a great hammer with the head of the beast, and two handing R2 will make it shoot lightning aoe/

just thinking outside the box.

please link anything similar here i am very interested!
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:48 pm

xelectrowolfx wrote:perhaps the calamity ring is the wrong version that drops when you kill the dragon the wrong way, has anyone tried killing him, by just shooting directely at his red eye??? perhaps it will cause it to crack draining his power and produce completely different results.
    You can kill the black dragon without help from gough, I guess you just shoot it with arrows when it flies past. Don't know if the outcome of the fight is different, since I have not seen anyone do it this way.

But as you say, the ring could also be a hint towards his eye being a very weak spot.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:49 am