Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Gazman0169
Phantasmio
samster628
passivefamiliar
FruitPunchNinja
TehInfamousAmos
bloodpixel
Spurgun
Tolvo
Argetlam350
IceIfrit666
Forgetfulness
Dragon Slayer Ornstein
futantshadow
18 posters

Looking for your input for an Artorias mini bust statue to create and sell

futantshadow

Looking for your input for an Artorias mini bust statue to create and sell - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for your input for an Artorias mini bust statue to create and sell

Post by futantshadow Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:10 pm

Gazman0169 wrote:I absolutely love the Qualeeg Statue with O&S, as well as the Nito one, and your rendition of the Gaping Dragon is simply sublime, but I'm not too hot on busts.

thanks man! i make the busts as the cheapest way to get my art out there for people to enjoy. i do commissions and can make statues like the ones i made for namco, but they are expensive and only a couple of people have been able to afford to commission me for one winking
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Looking for your input for an Artorias mini bust statue to create and sell - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for your input for an Artorias mini bust statue to create and sell

Post by Wade_Wilson Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:21 pm

I recently acquired a fair bit of money and I would most definitely buy a artorias model like the one you described.
    Isaren
    Isaren

Post by Isaren Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:44 pm

I must say your work is absolutely inspiring. The Nito and Dark Souls series you have are really well done and I'd love to see an Artorias or Ciaran bust. ^^
    futantshadow

Post by futantshadow Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:11 pm

hey wade, i'll post when i finish the artorias bust, and you can email me p.nordstrom@yahoo.com to get on my mailing list too. i also do comissions but it looks like i may be making a few statues over the next 2 months so it might be a little while before i can take on more! happy
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:45 am

futantshadow wrote:hey wade, i'll post when i finish the artorias bust, and you can email me p.nordstrom@yahoo.com to get on my mailing list too. i also do comissions but it looks like i may be making a few statues over the next 2 months so it might be a little while before i can take on more! happy

Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep an eye out.
    futantshadow

Post by futantshadow Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:06 am

here's the new Artorias bust, just finished! email me at p.nordstrom@yahoo.com if interested. thanks!

http://futantshadow.deviantart.com/#/d5ej4k5
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:08 am

Very nice, I'm sure someone will order it, I would if I wasn't essentially broke.

It will look a bit funny to someone who doesn't know the game though. Because it looks really low quality if you didn't know that Artorias' gear just looked really messed up like that. The price of accuracy haha.
    futantshadow

Post by futantshadow Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:47 am

yes, he is a very strange and unique individual. so far the response is great, so no worries. if you ever get some extra cash for something like this then lmk! happy
    Xskulled
    Xskulled
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Xskulled Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:02 am

You know what I'd love to see? Custom requests of sculptures. As in, someone tells you what pieces of armor to shape out and you can recreate people's toons into a sculpture big grin
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:14 am

If he ever does something like that, they'd definitely have to give him the money up front. That's a lot to go through.
    futantshadow

Post by futantshadow Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:22 am

i do custom sculptures, but originals are quite expensive. if i get enough requests for a new bust, i'll make it winking i'm planning on an ornstein next, but i'll be pretty busy for awhile filling all the artorias orders.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:39 am

I have an idea for one that would look totally awesome, but the amount of work put into it plus the fact that I coudln't afford it kind of gives you no incentive to do it haha.

But imagine, making a full statue of Gwyn in his prime, throwing a sunlight spear. If you ever make a dragon statue, placing them facing each other would look so awesome.
    JSPrestonEsq
    JSPrestonEsq

Post by JSPrestonEsq Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:08 am

I just looked through your gallery - and your work is incredible.

How much would it cost me to commission a Dark Souls chess set? big grin
    futantshadow

Post by futantshadow Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:08 am

a chess set could be a bit expensive, a there are 32 pieces. if i were to cast them, i could probably do them for $20-30 apiece depending on complexity. Ideally I would want each piece to be a 1 part mold, meaning it wouldn't have too much complexity like arms or weapons hanging off. Busts, like upper body and head would work best. So you are probably looking at least $700-800 for just the pieces. Email me privately if interested, p.nordstrom@yahoo.com
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:11 am

By the way interesting idea for if you guys go through with that.

Dragons one side, Knights of Gwyn on the other. Havel could be Tower, Ornstein Knight, etc. On dragon side Drakes could be like pawns, with maybe Serpents as Bishops. Could be cool. Plus then you could make a special board, designed to resemble the craggy world.
    futantshadow

Post by futantshadow Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:46 am

it's a cool idea. i've thought about making chess sets before, but for how expensive it would be, i think only someone really rich would be able to buy it. and it would take so long to make, it wouldn't be worth it unless someone commissioned me winking

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:31 am