Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
ErrJon6661
Baal-Avatar
Wilkinson3424
Tolvo
philtitan
Jansports
e82
JustinAkatsuki
AzureCrow
Forum Pirate
BLA1NE
bloodpixel
Christoph
cloudyeki
n0rain
goober0331
IV_Mark_VI
reim0027
Rifter7
ViralEnsign_
Rudmed
25 posters

Why are invaders looked down upon?

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Why are invaders looked down upon? - Page 5 Empty Re: Why are invaders looked down upon?

Post by Tolvo Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:02 am

Well in regards to communication, the wiki has a pretty good guide on how to gesture, move, and act to help convey ideas to people you are helping.
    n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Why are invaders looked down upon? - Page 5 Empty Re: Why are invaders looked down upon?

Post by n0rain Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:11 pm

cloudyeki wrote:Tell me rain. Do you know what covenant I'm in?
    Is this relevant? I really don't know what covenant your in and I doubt it makes a difference.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:16 pm

It does, because if you're gonna judge people based on covenant choice then you may as well judge me.

I really think people forget what the point of this game is, and that you are going to die, and you should learn from those deaths. Invaders are no different than the traps in sen's, or the mobs in anor londo, or the branches in the great hollow. And the feeling of overcoming all those is supposed to make you feel amazing.

I got that feeling after I made a massive mistake in the game last night and had to beat down a DM with DMB to get back to a bonfire due to the other one I was locked out being at the opposite side of the country. Best. Feeling. Ever. Blood pumping, breath coming back, palms sweating and shakey. God DAMN did it feel amazing.
    n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by n0rain Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:36 pm

I'm not judging any player as a literal person. I am perceiving his/her playstyle and actions as being tbe opposite of good. If you take offense to the fact that your actions are influencing your covenants reputation then by all means take offense. I am not responsible for you and your actions towards people.

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:45 pm

Prejudice sucks to deal with, that's a pretty simple way to look at it.
    n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by n0rain Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:52 pm

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Please try to use definitions correctly.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:54 pm

I'm not really seeing any of those going against how I'm using the word.
    n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by n0rain Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:00 pm

If you were referring to my comments as being prejudice then yes you are using it incorrectly.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:03 pm

Here is a question, do you consider all invaders to be people with a negative playstyle, some, most, etc? I can understand having an opinion that they are harmful especially if you play low level at the burg, but when you assume too much of others is when it becomes prejudice. Hell I really dislike gankers, but even I don't hate them. I think their playstyle is negative and they are a form of host, but I don't just say all hosts have a harmful playstyle. I just think we should be more accepting and tolerant of one another and respectful, rather than throwing such harsh labels around.
    petals18

Post by petals18 Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:13 pm

I am not disrespectful towards invaders unless theyre ****, in which case im generally dead anyway. However you must understand that there are spots specifically for pvping, the burg, the kiln, anor londo bridge, the forest, the pit in blighttown, darkroot basin. Those are established spots, if you invade elsewhere, especially if youre under sl100, then you are going to be causing people problems, losing them tons of souls and humanity, potentially killing them while they were going for a rare item drop which is then lost for a playthrough. I do bow, i am respectful, but players invading outside pvp hotspots are more likely to be griefers so then i end up getting screwed more often then not . . . .

I get why people dont like invaders in that sense.
    n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by n0rain Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:20 pm

I feel that spirits are unethical. I evaluated the prospect in a variety of circumstances and the outstanding tally of results left me with the lasting impression that invaders are unethical.

There is *** reason and knowledge and thought to the entirety of the subject. No it's not *** prejudice for invaders to have a *** reputation. I don't think poorly of invaders because they are *** spirits. This was nexer *** stated.

Seriously the mods should just lock this since we are now falsly acussing people of things that aren't even present. *** this, I am out. The *** idiocracy is too profound. You can't *** have an opinion without being *** trolled and called *** names. So much for intelligence in today's *** world.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:26 pm

From what I saw it seemed like you were trying to insinuate that invaders are not good people, now if this was a misunderstanding just say so because I was just going off of the posts that I saw.

I also never said it was wrong to have an opinion, I can understand having one. As my example, I really dislike gankers. In regards to prejudice, if you are making a judgement about people you have not met based upon what group they are in, that is prejudice. It is a normal human thing, and what I was remarking on is what level of it is warranted and what isn't.

If I see a dragon with a bow I'm going to assume they are going for backstabs. Do I know they were going to? No, but I based it off personal experiences with others, except not this individual. They could just like using bows and being a dragon to fire arrows after roaring.
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:20 pm

n0rain please calm down, people have differing views and express them differently, however posting them on the forums is indeed inviting discussion over those opinions.

Let's stay civil please

n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by n0rain Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:25 pm

What?? People do have differing opinions but it isn't necessary to introduce name calling or insinuations about others skill into your opinion. If you can't see that then it is clear that you are biased and frankly that's a **** way to mod.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:28 pm

Uh, I'd say it's not a good idea to insult an admin.

Please calm down, I didn't say you were a bad person, or insult your skill. I was saying we each have some prejudice that we believe in in regards to certain groups, and that it is understandable. I was speaking about when it becomes that we should accept that our views are opinions and that we don't know each individual, so while we may feel the desire to we should never merely brand any group as this or that.
    roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by roanispe Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:28 pm

n0rain wrote:What?? People do have differing opinions but it isn't necessary to introduce name calling or insinuations about others skill into your opinion. If you can't see that then it is clear that you are biased and frankly that's a **** way to mod.
    Why are invaders looked down upon? - Page 5 0mqCr
    n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by n0rain Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:33 pm

Tolvo wrote:Uh, I'd say it's not a good idea to insult an admin.

Please calm down, I didn't say you were a bad person, or insult your skill. I was saying we each have some prejudice that we believe in in regards to certain groups, and that it is understandable. I was speaking about when it becomes that we should accept that our views are opinions and that we don't know each individual, so while we may feel the desire to we should never merely brand any group as this or that.

Whatever I am really not in any position to be accepting of your backpedalling arguments and I did not insult Fex. I merely stated that it isn't wise to mod with a bias attitude. I am not the only person here that has been aggressive. I haven't even tried to insinuate that people are prejudice or inexperienced.

Fex could have easily PMed me about the situation which wouldn't be all that offensive, but since I am singled out after being told I was inexperienced and prejuduce I suppose I should just get *** in the *** by everybody.

Last edited by n0rain on Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:50 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:35 pm

There is no need to be condescending, we can be respectful of one another and there is no need for such hostility.

I did say that people are prejudice, but not just you, myself as well. All people.

Nor did I ever say you were inexperienced, just that you haven't met every single invader that players Dark Souls.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:47 pm