Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
FattyOfDoom
PwnasauresRex
Forum Pirate
N_Raist
CaligoIllioneus
Sloth9230
The Letter X
Ahhotep1
Rynn
GrinTwist
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ThatPerson
Skarectum
TheMeInTeam
hageshisa
skarekrow13
RANT
robsthedon
argotthar
ROOSTER330
wolfboy
White Knight Wulf
Ghadis_God
DoughGuy
Uparkaam
FinPeku
cloudyeki
Quarik
Bamjam
SunlightCrusader
Spurgun
Rudmed
nsane32
dancash1808
Brokewilly
TehInfamousAmos
Tolvo
Emergence
reim0027
DarkW17
44 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 28 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:36 pm

So today I'm in the forest and I get summoned to a couple of spawn gankers. As soon as I spawn they start spamming all kinds of magic. I manage to get in a dark bead at the host but he survived with 1/3rd of his life, and as I'm dying the host get's backstabbed. At first I didn't see anything, but it turns out that it was the invisible thief in the forest. Next thing you Know i get the "target destroyed" message.

Man that was awesome. I wonder why the thief was there though, the mage was still in his normal spot.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:20 pm

Ok sounds good wat u think of the wulf build
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:28 pm

Wolfof Phyrexia wrote:http://mmdks.com/i2d ok every1 here is Wulfs build n let me hear some feedback

That dang GLGS :shock: !! I have been having so much trouble dueling against those lately - that R2 thrust attack is just ridiculously punishing!! Nice build - you should do some damage in the forest with that toon. My only recommendation is to increase your poise to 53 to increase your odds against the gank. Prayer

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:37 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:Man that was awesome. I wonder why the thief was there though, the mage was still in his normal spot.

Most of the NPCs in the forest will respawn - only pharis, claymore dude and I think one other will not respawn. If you ever invade and the cleric is alive try to keep him that way (don't make it your priority though) - he can heal you. I think he can detect when a hunter in close proximity is injured. It can be very beneficial especially if there are 2 hunters in there keeping the campers busy. I have seen the cloaked theif BS either to death or near death many a host before especially if the host is NG+ or above - those NPCs can be extremely dangerous twisted .

Keep taking it to the gank Proper Bow !!
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Yeah it's just that the thief running all the way to entrance caught me by surprise.

So when is the event gonna be, I'd like to participate but I only have 1 toon and he's 28something right now so i'd have to start from scratch.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:56 pm

Yea I might I've got sum extra weight so
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:28 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:Yeah it's just that the thief running all the way to entrance caught me by surprise.

So when is the event gonna be, I'd like to participate but I only have 1 toon and he's 28something right now so i'd have to start from scratch.

In NG+ and above enemies are aggro'd at greater distances so the camper was probably in NG+ or above. Also, when I have hosted in the forest (if you have not killed Sif you should do this sometimes for more 2v1 experience and more souls) and when I used pyro it seemed the thief was drawn to me :shock: It is so chaotic in there you don't know why crazy things happen sometimes.

The tournament is not until Apr-May-June 2013 timeframe so u have some time to level up a new toon or get your hunter to the SL120 to SL130 range.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:30 pm

I expect to be number 25 or below in the Book of the Guilty by then. For the Glory of Alvina - Page 28 2667844452
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:43 pm

The Letter X wrote:I expect to be number 25 or below in the Book of the Guilty by then. For the Glory of Alvina - Page 28 2667844452

Now that is what I'm talking about - those indicts are what you want cheers . What rank are you now in the BoG? I looked the other day and was surprised I was #100 since I haven't been indicted in a long time (converted hunter into a DM). I have fought with and against 2 or 3 in the top 10 the last time I checked. Some real hard as "coffin nails" type of players. But this game would be boring without a challenge!!
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:50 pm

I'm currently number 115, and you moved to 105. :|
    And yeah, I love fighting the top 15 or so. It's awesome knowing that there is such a large gap in player skill from newbies to the most experienced.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:58 pm

When I said 28 something I meant 280's so getting down to 130 might be a bit hard lol silly

Getting a toon ready by then shouldn't be a problem.

Damn you guys are high, I'm barely in the 2000's I think. I've noticed it takes a while to update sometimes, one night I went to sleep at 69 sin and woke up at 76 :shock:
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:26 am

Ok - people I have ran into something I have never seen before. I fought a guy in the Burg using some type of spellswap or something. He was able to cast a WoG (but it sounded like Force but did damage and knock-back/knockdown) with one-hand raised in the air - kinda like what the grant does but you would need two hands and invisible weapon to do what he did. I got recorded it and will post as soon as possible. I need to watch vid again to make sure I'm not going crazy!!

EDIT - Just watched the vid - it was some type of dark magic (it was black) round shaped wave from a freaking dark hand. He hit me twice with it. My goodness this is something new!!!

Just got a PM from the dude - he called it karmic justice explosion - but I did not hit the dude to set it off!!
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:36 am

Oh my... that is strange indeed
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:23 am

Well people you've seen it here first - "Karmic Justice Explosion"

https://youtu.be/SCxPccPDMnc

Please post your observations.

wolfboy
    Regular
    Regular

Post by wolfboy Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:34 am

Brokewilly wrote:Ok - people I have ran into something I have never seen before. I fought a guy in the Burg using some type of spellswap or something. He was able to cast a WoG (but it sounded like Force but did damage and knock-back/knockdown) with one-hand raised in the air - kinda like what the grant does but you would need two hands and invisible weapon to do what he did. I got recorded it and will post as soon as possible. I need to watch vid again to make sure I'm not going crazy!!

EDIT - Just watched the vid - it was some type of dark magic (it was black) round shaped wave from a freaking dark hand. He hit me twice with it. My goodness this is something new!!!

Just got a PM from the dude - he called it karmic justice explosion - but I did not hit the dude to set it off!!

I've actually been using karmic justice quite a bit recently in the forest... it is possible he raised his hand to cast a different spell but something else hit him and set off the KJ? I like to use the Tree-Men in the forest to set it off and surprise invaders...

Were you the invader or the host?
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:44 am

wolfboy wrote:Were you the invader or the host?

I have used karmic justice before but I have never seen it used like this. Take a look at the vid then let me know your observations.

Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:46 am

Now I'm no expert, but I think it's possible that he hacked it so he could use the spell instantaneously. His hand tells me he's using a catalyst(he may have tweeaked it so it worked like the talisman of beasts from demon souls) and I also notice that he didn't cast it a second time so the second wave definitely should not have occurred. I'm not sure if it's invisible or if he somehow turned the dark hand into a catalyst though.

Tl:Dr. I have no freak'n idea what he did lol
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:42 am

that is not karmic justice, i know what that looks lke and that's definately not KJ, damn cheaters on xbox keep getting worse. nice use of the light crosbow btw.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:09 am

RantFromRant wrote:that is not karmic justice, i know what that looks lke and that's definately not KJ, damn cheaters on xbox keep getting worse. nice use of the light crosbow btw.

A guess this dude is one of those killable mods then - I just don't know what to make of it. That first pulse attack really caught me by surprise - I was ready for the second one though.I'm glad I was able to record it big grin

Yeah, starting to like the ole light crossbow - gonna have some lighting bolts shortly. I'm going to alternate between those , heavy and sniper bolts.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:36 am

from my experience with them heavy is the best, elemental is best for low sl builds.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:21 am

@Brokewilly - So, let's see what that guy did.

- Before dying, you dealt about 1000 damage to him, but when you look at his health bar after your last hit, he has still about half of his life left.

- He doesn't eat green blossom, nor has the grass crest shield or mask of the child but he has that green stamina regen aura around him. Cloranthy ring?

- He ninja flips with full artorias armor (is that full artorias set?)

- He has three spells attuned, or whatever that "karmic justice" thingy is.

- He uses a darksword which has c/c scaling, so i'm guessing he has to have some points in both str and dex.

With this information, i guess his build must be looking something like this: http://mmdks.com/ih2 And that is without any unnecessary points spent to str/dex. If you were high level yourself, i guess that is possible (except that spell ofc) but if you were SL 100-120, that guy has modded vitality, endurance and a spell that is not supposed to be in the game.

Correct me if i'm wrong about something.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:12 am

FinPeku wrote:@Brokewilly - So, let's see what that guy did.
    - Before dying, you dealt about 1000 damage to him, but when you look at his health bar after your last hit, he has still about half of his life left.
    - He doesn't eat green blossom, nor has the grass crest shield or mask of the child but he has that green stamina regen aura around him. Cloranthy ring?
    - He ninja flips with full artorias armor (is that full artorias set?)
    - He has three spells attuned, or whatever that "karmic justice" thingy is.
    - He uses a darksword which has c/c scaling, so i'm guessing he has to have some points in both str and dex.

With this information, i guess his build must be looking something like this: http://mmdks.com/ih2 And that is without any unnecessary points spent to str/dex. If you were high level yourself, i guess that is possible (except that spell ofc) but if you were SL 100-120, that guy has modded vitality, endurance and a spell that is not supposed to be in the game.

Correct me if i'm wrong about something.

Excellent analysis - the toon I was hosting with is SL84 so the maximum SL he could've been is SL103 (red invading downward). Yeah - I'm figuring this dude was a mod - I was doing damage to him but just not enough which was strange. Great job of describing the situation. This "win at all cost" attitude some of these players have - is really for the birds.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:33 am

Yeah, people like that are just sad. Who can enjoy winning anyone with modded stats?
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:54 pm

Is it just me or is the forest dead today? I'm getting an invasion like every 15 mins.

And here I was looking forward to killing some gankers, after taking my last Final sad
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:57 pm

Well I'm not on PS3 but I'll let you know how it is on the 360 in a bit.

Lucky you took your last one today. I took 2 today and still have 4 more.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 27, 2024 1:38 am