Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
FattyOfDoom
PwnasauresRex
Forum Pirate
N_Raist
CaligoIllioneus
Sloth9230
The Letter X
Ahhotep1
Rynn
GrinTwist
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ThatPerson
Skarectum
TheMeInTeam
hageshisa
skarekrow13
RANT
robsthedon
argotthar
ROOSTER330
wolfboy
White Knight Wulf
Ghadis_God
DoughGuy
Uparkaam
FinPeku
cloudyeki
Quarik
Bamjam
SunlightCrusader
Spurgun
Rudmed
nsane32
dancash1808
Brokewilly
TehInfamousAmos
Tolvo
Emergence
reim0027
DarkW17
44 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

FattyOfDoom
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 37 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by FattyOfDoom Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:17 pm

Either your weapon broke then fixed itself, or it was a glitch? Shouldn't do that
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:40 pm

Azure23 wrote:Good news first; shredded a couple groups of gankers today, an experience ive not had so far in Dark Souls, so that was great. invaded and ended up spawning at the stairs with a heavy in smough's (with zwei) and a leeroy cosplayer, booked it to Alvina's temple and used that nasty little loop to get behind them and blasted the summoned leeroy with CSS, one shot kill. Smough started running so I chased him down and caught him near the cats, one of those staggered him with a roll attack and i managed to get a BS with my enchanted estoc, he was still up after that so I finished him with a close range dark bead when he turned and tried to run away. I felt like a goddamn god.

Secondly, in the twenty or so matches i had today, i saw lots of Murakumo's. Now i've heard good things about this weapon (great stun lock, phantom range, etc.) and im thinking about making a shiva build (because he is pretty boss) but my main problem now is that i cant seem to parry the damn thing. Now i'm pretty good at parries, the first time i beat the game was with a faith fencer with a parrying dagger and ricards, but for some reason the murakumo timing completely eludes me. Any suggestions on attack animation timing?

All depends on latency in the invasion, ofc, but usually you can parry either the moment they start to wind up or just before. It's one of my favorite weapons to parry actually, because people think they're gods while they're using one... Perhaps, but gods are mortal in DkS big grin
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:03 pm

Quarik wrote:All depends on latency in the invasion, ofc, but usually you can parry either the moment they start to wind up or just before. It's one of my favorite weapons to parry actually, because people think they're gods while they're using one... Perhaps, but gods are mortal in DkS big grin

HAHA - so true. Latency is factor so that is something to consider. When I pull the Mura out I never get a case of the big head - almost every weapon can be parried so I always choose wisely when I swing it. I think I have gotten one parry against a Mura and you are right - if you can catch a Mura user during the wind-up phase you got 'em.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:16 pm

So I Invade these dudes, and I run down to the waterfall. This "brave" "sunbro" comes down after me while I'm chilaxing on the wooden bridge, and the host is trying to pelt me with Dragonslayer arrows.. The sunbro then did the "well what is it" gesture... and fell right into the water silly

Oh god I can't stop laughing
    Azure23
    Azure23

Post by Azure23 Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:08 am

Hey people, just started a bow using troll build for the forest. So far i've got the obligatory DSGB, and a darkmoon bow +5, oh and this character is a faith user. Any tips on how to grief the gankers?
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:24 pm

Azure23 wrote:Hey people, just started a bow using troll build for the forest. So far i've got the obligatory DSGB, and a darkmoon bow +5, oh and this character is a faith user. Any tips on how to grief the gankers?

Good deal - well you will want to keep your distance of course. I would stay in the trees and pelt them with arrows this way you can use the ents for cover. You may even want to invade with RTSR active and equip the Hawk Ring then go to work. Just keep moving and running away if they approach. Your job is not to kill the gankers but to harrass and make them use up resources. You could also use the Fog ring to increase your harassment capabaility.

Are there any other tactics that could help out Azure out?

Good luck.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:45 pm

You can get to the butterfly parapet and make blind shots from there, but I leave that to people who enjoy using bows.
    Azure23
    Azure23

Post by Azure23 Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:30 pm

Quarik wrote:You can get to the butterfly parapet and make blind shots from there, but I leave that to people who enjoy using bows.

you mean the top of the butterfly's tower? how the heck do i get there? I mean i know of the jump that takes you into the basin but so far all the times i've done that there's been a fog gate going into the area with the stone knights
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:02 pm

Azure23 wrote:
    Quarik wrote:You can get to the butterfly parapet and make blind shots from there, but I leave that to people who enjoy using bows.

you mean the top of the butterfly's tower? how the heck do i get there? I mean i know of the jump that takes you into the basin but so far all the times i've done that there's been a fog gate going into the area with the stone knights

Sometimes the host has entered the moonlight butterfly area and the fog gate is gone. If it is gone then u can use the tactic Quaric mentioned. if the fog gate is up then high tail it to the Hydra. You can either fight there or climb the ladder to use the perch up top to snipe from there. If you do climb the ladder then make sure you have Force, WoG or Emit Force to blow anyone who climbs after you right off the side. You also have the option to kick them off. I have held off a host and phantom for almost 30 minutes from that location before I killed the host.
    Azure23
    Azure23

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 37 Empty Frustration

Post by Azure23 Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:58 am

So today I decided to do some pvp in the forest on my sunbro paladin leeroy. Wasn't putting my soulsign down or anything, just going in and waiting to be invaded. There were some pretty bad manners on display, I gotta say, i got backstabbed while bowing, people ran and hid and waited for reinforcements so i got double teamed (only beat one group, its hard while fat rolling with paladin armor and grant), and chain bs'ed. But mostly it was just good old fashioned ganking, getting hit with a css from offscreen while dueling one hunter, stuff like that. It's something that we as forest hunters need to work on, I know the inclination is to kill the target, its what its all about. But getting ganked as a forest invader sucks, and it still sucks as a trespasser, even more so, you lose humanity. We forest hunters have nothing to lose when invading except time.I fully understand harassing gankers and I love doing it myself, but ganking trespassers only makes them more inclined to return the favor instead of dueling. So lets all be a bit more polite yeah?

I did have one positive interaction today though. I got invaded by a mage who ran into view, i bowed and cast great magic barrier then ate a soul spear without losing barely any health, he saw this and turned tail. Now Leeroy isnt the kinda knight to chase someone down, so I tried something else. Talking. Turns out he was a relative newbie and confessed he was waiting for reinforcements because he didnt think he'd fare well in a straight up fight. I asked him how many 2v1's he'd stumbled into that day and he said at least 85% of his invasions were gankers. I told him i sympathized and explained my whole time vs. humanity thing. He saw the logic and agreed to come fight me, first he dropped a bunch of sunlight medals for me, so i returned the favor by giving him my logan's catalyst and crown of dusk (he was using the tin catalyst from the crimson set). We fought and I killed him. But I had a good duel and helped out a new player, afterwards he sent me a friend request and now i have another friend to hunt with.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:06 am

Azure23 wrote:So today I decided to do some pvp in the forest on my sunbro paladin leeroy. Wasn't putting my soulsign down or anything, just going in and waiting to be invaded. There were some pretty bad manners on display, I gotta say, i got backstabbed while bowing, people ran and hid and waited for reinforcements so i got double teamed (only beat one group, its hard while fat rolling with paladin armor and grant), and chain bs'ed. But mostly it was just good old fashioned ganking, getting hit with a css from offscreen while dueling one hunter, stuff like that. It's something that we as forest hunters need to work on, I know the inclination is to kill the target, its what its all about. But getting ganked as a forest invader sucks, and it still sucks as a trespasser, even more so, you lose humanity. We forest hunters have nothing to lose when invading except time.I fully understand harassing gankers and I love doing it myself, but ganking trespassers only makes them more inclined to return the favor instead of dueling. So lets all be a bit more polite yeah?

Tell me about it, I blew through like 80 humanity the other day when I decided to host in the forest. The gank definitely exist on both sides, hosts are still far worse than hunters though. There's definitely more hunters willing to fight 1v2 than there are hosts.
    Azure23
    Azure23

Post by Azure23 Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:47 am

Tell me about it, I blew through like 80 humanity the other day when I decided to host in the forest. The gank definitely exist on both sides, hosts are still far worse than hunters though. There's definitely more hunters willing to fight 1v2 than there are hosts.

I agree, I've seen way more hosts ganking than hunters, all i'm saying is if you see a host fighting a fellow hunter and theres no phantom in sight, let them go at it. Ganking is no fun for anyone involved. More than once i've been having an awesome duel thats been totally ruined because a hunter runs up and backstabs my target. just wait, duels are fun to watch anyway, and if the host loses, you still get the souls +items, and if the hunter loses, well its your turn to kick some ***! I don't know, maybe I'm playing the game wrong, i've always put a pretty high value on my self imposed code or whatever.

Also, watch out for those japanese players! I got backstabbed from about thirty feet away today (facing the enemy), then deadangled by some guy with a murakumo. Those guys are straight up ruthless
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:08 am

That subject has been discussed over and over again. And not just here. I don't think there is ANYONE who disagrees with it, both parties gank, use "cheap" tactics and taunt. I'm not interested in justifying it, that has been done enough. That is simply the way of the forest. And believe it or not, that is the way many people want it. Gankers gank because it is fun for them, not because they are human garbage. People invade there because they love the chaos. I remember this one time when I invaded a certain extremely skilled player who was gravelording in the forest. He was fighting an invader but i decided to stay back. But when he backstabbed the invader, he suddenly did the "beckon" gesture to me. This happened twice, so i had to assume he WANTED to be ganked.

Taking the forest less seriously is something I would hope many of us could work on.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:27 pm

FinPeku wrote:That subject has been discussed over and over again. And not just here. I don't think there is ANYONE who disagrees with it, both parties gank, use "cheap" tactics and taunt. I'm not interested in justifying it, that has been done enough. That is simply the way of the forest. And believe it or not, that is the way many people want it. Gankers gank because it is fun for them, not because they are human garbage. People invade there because they love the chaos. I remember this one time when I invaded a certain extremely skilled player who was gravelording in the forest. He was fighting an invader but i decided to stay back. But when he backstabbed the invader, he suddenly did the "beckon" gesture to me. This happened twice, so i had to assume he WANTED to be ganked. Taking the forest less seriously is something I would hope many of us could work on.

Excellent points Fin. Once you become accustomed to "death by banging" and knowing the gank is always looking for its next meal - you will learn to love the utter chaos. That host you fought was probably getting in some 2v1 training which is cool. I hope you gave him what he wanted.

Just use whatever code of honor fits the situation and learn from battles. No matter what - the forest is the best teacher in my opinion.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:37 pm

Broke the guy we fought yesterday was mriwnt4get rite
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:39 pm

Wolf please don't post ID's/GT's on the forum. You can PM Broke about it, but don't post it out in the open please.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:29 pm

Haven't seen you on here in a while, Tolvo. Last I read you had stopped playing DkS online... That still true?
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:20 pm

Srry tolvo did it after I had just woken up and didn't think about the name policy
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:10 am

It's fine wolf, just try to not do it again haha.

I still play Quarik, I've been a bit too depressed to really go into the forest anymore, but on the rare occasion I still do.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:51 am

Tolvo wrote:I've been a bit too depressed to really go into the forest anymore, but on the rare occasion I still do.
    I'm pretty sure you have done your part for the glory of Alvina, Tolvo happy Like you know, forest pvp can be the most exciting there is, but it takes a certain mindset.

By the way, did you see my message in the men in tights thread?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:21 am

Yeah, my Dark Souls confidence is pretty much gone these days so I can't put myself through the forest.

I responded in the thread.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:50 pm

Wolfof Phyrexia wrote:Broke the guy we fought yesterday was mriwnt4get rite

Yes - just get rid of the 'mr' part. Just check your history on the BOX of players you have encountered to confirm his gamer tag. Hopefully finishing up Battle of Uploaders with him either tonight or the near future.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:15 pm

Bump
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:37 pm

Well people got in a few good invasions of the forest this weekend - that place will never change. In fact I think it is a bit worse than I remember . I invaded a 3v1 and one of the whites was swinging a zwei around like a toothpick and it didn't make the sound of a normal zwei when hits the ground :shock: . Luckily I didn't let him hit me with hit - I ended up falling off the dang cliff :oops: .Wolf told me these dudes are modding their weapons now - crystal great swords +5, Havel Armor +10,etc ad infinitum - WTF!!! In fact a mod toon I voice chat with from time to time (Wolf u remember the mod you fought in Ano for like 20 minutes happy ) was wondering why crystal greatswords were doing like 1k damage to him - so I told him about the modded weapons. He was like "I better get back to the drawing board so I can stand a better chance Look Skyward !!"

Latest vid for the masses if your not subscribed to my channel. Wolf and Ziko are in the 2nd half of the vid Proper Bow . I'll have the forest invasion vid up soon.

https://youtu.be/RZNVOBN9dyA

Still evolving....

FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:04 pm

Hmm... why the scimitar instead of falchion? Magic grass crest shield is really clever. I should consider using that too. I don't block that often anyway so i could trade some stability to better magic defense.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 4:17 pm