Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+44
magnanimus_leonis
SlakeMoth
Uparkaam
Mr. Tart
>Brave<
ssss_2_is_pwnage
Hanimir
Everynevers
H3adShotty
vatar5
philtitan
Hellion7776
theycallmerico
oregonav8r
CaptanSpudsy
bmurn
Glutebrah
WandererReece
Bamjam
n0rain
GrinTwist
StarScarJenova
Rudmed
Shakie666
sergeantstrawbery
Wilkinson3424
Massiren
RedderAI
Razielthemanslayer
IV_Mark_VI
Anonymous Proxy
BLA1NE
Ghadis_God
callipygias
Spurgun
befowler
Gazman0169
Doelker
raecor14
fujiphoenix
Garl_Vinland
Solaire_of_Astora
Tolvo
ViralEnsign_
48 posters

Most Embarassing Deaths......

ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Most Embarassing Deaths...... - Page 2 Empty Re: Most Embarassing Deaths......

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:30 pm

Yeah Ive done some pretty stupid stuff.

One of my worse fights saw me up against my Scythe nemesis in the Forest. We were on about fight number 9 or so and we were pretty even.

So he does the R2 sweep and I roll backwards.... wrong move Im off the edge of the cliff.... I felt so bad.
    Garl_Vinland
    Garl_Vinland
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Garl_Vinland Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:27 am

Here's a bad one: Probably my 203rd run through Sen's, first time on this new toon, I'm on my way to face the Golem/ Let Tarkus do it, I snipe the Balder archer and notice on the walkway some black residue soi stop to look at it. Turns out it was always there and I forgot what caused it. Then the cause decided to enlighten me.
    With fire.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:16 am

The first time I went to go kill Pinwheel I was so low on health that I actually died from the fall. He didn't get so lucky with the second encounter.

I also rolled dodged to my death when I was fighting the hydra at the Darkroot basin.

I also uh... died by the hollows that are at the entrance of New Londo ruins.
    n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by n0rain Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:20 am

Running to the left of BoC... Oh wait all BoC deaths look embarrassing.

Jumping over to the bottom bridge area in fireling where the merchant is to jump too early and barely miss the ledge.
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:28 am

callipygias wrote:^Lol^How???^ Did you stand in their cloud taunting them or something?

No lol they kept dodging me and i could'int see in the fog and idk they got me lol.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:58 am

Running up the flying buttress thing in Anor Londo to get to the rafters area, I'm following another summon up. He rolls sideways off just as I roll diagonally, I bounce off him in mid air, and miss the landing, sliding down the roof to my death.
    Bamjam
    Bamjam
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bamjam Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:28 pm

Jumping in the well at firelink on my first playthrough... There was a message there saying: amazing ring ahead. So i tried and tried and when i finaly got the jump right i found out i had been trolled lol.
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:49 pm

Bamjam wrote:Jumping in the well at firelink on my first playthrough... There was a message there saying: amazing ring ahead. So i tried and tried and when i finaly got the jump right i found out i had been trolled lol.

Dude, I was determined to get in that well. I was like: Can you actually fall down?

So I spent maybe 20 minutes figuring it out. I finally found out you had to jump from the little step from behind it. STILL. WELL ACCOMPLISHMENT BROTHERS.

edit: omg... 99 posts. ALMOST TRIPLE DIGITS, GAIZ. ALMOST!
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:24 pm

Climbed up the very tall ladder near the hydra in the darkroot garden. Killed the hydra and turned my back to the ladder. Looked in my inventory to see what I got. Then I pressed O one too many times, and jumped backwards

Went to see the skeleton blacksmith in the catacombes. Put on fall control so I could skip all the ledges on the way down and get there faster. Apparently fall control does not work like that.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:26 pm

ran off the stairs from the lord vessel to the klin when i glanced at laptop while still holding forward on joy stick.

how is that even possible?
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:29 pm

Not my death, but an opponents last night.

Invading as a Dark Wraith in Gankroot Garden.

Appear at the stop of the stairs, 2 guys waiting at the bottom. Host casts SLB, other guy casts TWoP. Host rushes me, I block, fall down a level as I try to slide around them. Host tries to come at me from above, not enough room for a plunging attack, bounces off my head, and off the cliff.

Hilarious. Sent him a message saying "I always knew ganking was retarded, and there's the proof!"
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:42 pm

Bamjam wrote:Jumping in the well at firelink on my first playthrough... There was a message there saying: amazing ring ahead. So i tried and tried and when i finaly got the jump right i found out i had been trolled lol.
    I don't think you were exactly trolled, lol, though the effect was the same, I guess. I believe the prankster was referring to another type of ring in the immediate vicinity, if you catch my drift....
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:43 pm

Or he's referring to the movie "The Ring" which involves a well. Or that the shape of the well is a ring.

I like putting down "Imminent Ring" in front of the Bells of Awakening but no one ever rates it as funny... maybe they're just not getting it?
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly &quot;undead&quot; but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Post by bmurn Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:54 pm

Not a death but embarrasing none the less. I was darkmooning in darkroot. While I was waiting I was rounding up the NPCs and leading them to the stairs so they could practice their vaulting. As I was standing on the narrow ledge between the stairs and the cliff judging the proficiency with which the NPCs launched themselves off the cliff I received the invasion notice. Sequence of events as follows:

press start
    switch darkmoon summons ring to wolf ring
    press start
    press circle to clear out of the inventory menu

Now those of you that have a penchant for details will say, "wait, you already pressed start to get out of the inventory menu", and you would be correct. So the extra button sent me on my way plummeting over the cliff, like a good lemming, in an effort to catch up with the NPCs that had gone before.

Son of B#$%#

Sh&%^&%

Then it turns out as I was plummeting I conneccted to my target prior to getting the "you died" screen.

Thankfully I did not cheat death for long (as that would be bad karma) and proceeded to lose to my target.
    n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by n0rain Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:59 pm

I'd like to introduce one that wasn't me. I was in Sen's fortress on the dirt ramp with boulders sliding down. I was invaded by a dark spirit who ran after me and leaped at me to be crushed by a boulder while I was at the fog gate. I laughed about it for about 2 minutes. He couldn't get to the safe zone or bs me to save his life because I stood in his way. The funny part is that I had my back to him. I assured myself that a BS was incoming.
    CaptanSpudsy
    CaptanSpudsy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CaptanSpudsy Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:43 pm

Not one that happened to me, but one I inflicted on someone else.
    somewhat massive(ish) wall of text:

Most Embarassing Deaths...... - Page 2 639795459
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:47 pm

Haha, that's Dark Souls. Gives us the opportunity to make complete asses of ourselves.
    oregonav8r
    Regular
    Regular

Post by oregonav8r Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:53 pm

I think my most embarassing deaths involved having my back to the cliff in Darkroot Garden and falling off due to not paying attention to my surroundings.
    theycallmerico
    theycallmerico

Post by theycallmerico Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:20 pm

Just about every time I make any inventory changes and charge into battle , not realizing that I haven't backed out of my inventory window all the way. WHY AM I NOT HITTING THEM WHY AM I NOT HITTING THEM WHY-oh.. aw.
    n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by n0rain Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:22 pm

theycallmerico wrote:Just about every time I make any inventory changes and charge into battle , not realizing that I haven't backed out of my inventory window all the way. WHY AM I NOT HITTING THEM WHY AM I NOT HITTING THEM WHY-oh.. aw.

I lost to the hollows in the burg this way. In my defense I was fooling around with spellswap.
    Hellion7776
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hellion7776 Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:24 am

Flying buttslam from Electric Smough... yes I know it happens to everyone... but when my wife saw it happen to me... the laughter tore through my soul. sad

Speaking of my wife... EVERYTIME SHE TALKS TO ME WHILE PLAYING ends in my dieing to the most randomly weak mob or trap in the game... Everytime...
    philtitan
    philtitan
    Casual
    Casual

Post by philtitan Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:32 am

That time I was invaded by...oh yeah...all the times I've been invaded.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:29 am

Hellion7776 wrote:Flying buttslam from Electric Smough... yes I know it happens to everyone... but when my wife saw it happen to me... the laughter tore through my soul. sad

Speaking of my wife... EVERYTIME SHE TALKS TO ME WHILE PLAYING ends in my dieing to the most randomly weak mob or trap in the game... Everytime...

Haha, me too. I could be on some amazing run of coop and PvP wins, and if my wife comes to see I'll immediately get flattened by a mob or fall off a walkway in some insanely implausible fashion. Last time she said "Ha, all your playing time really shows" -- oouuch.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:38 am

Befowler I think you remember the one I posted, you were there. Remember that fateful night in Btown?
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:45 pm

Oh yes, that was a magical time for all of us big grin . If it helps you feel better, my thought process at the time was: "Wow, Tolvo is incredibly brave, I would never chase such an obviously overleveled DM holding a buffed washing pole, let alone into the Swamp of Low Framerate where I can't even move anyway. I clearly have much to learn about this whole PvP thing, and-- oh."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:35 am