Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+44
magnanimus_leonis
SlakeMoth
Uparkaam
Mr. Tart
>Brave<
ssss_2_is_pwnage
Hanimir
Everynevers
H3adShotty
vatar5
philtitan
Hellion7776
theycallmerico
oregonav8r
CaptanSpudsy
bmurn
Glutebrah
WandererReece
Bamjam
n0rain
GrinTwist
StarScarJenova
Rudmed
Shakie666
sergeantstrawbery
Wilkinson3424
Massiren
RedderAI
Razielthemanslayer
IV_Mark_VI
Anonymous Proxy
BLA1NE
Ghadis_God
callipygias
Spurgun
befowler
Gazman0169
Doelker
raecor14
fujiphoenix
Garl_Vinland
Solaire_of_Astora
Tolvo
ViralEnsign_
48 posters

Most Embarassing Deaths......

vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Most Embarassing Deaths...... - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Embarassing Deaths......

Post by vatar5 Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:52 pm

That time I was targeted by an DW Dragonslayer archer in Burg at SL12...
    I felt really clever when I could avoid all his arrows until I fell down to my doom cause' I was strafing him without seing the cliff.
    H3adShotty
    H3adShotty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by H3adShotty Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:01 pm

I've had tons, but i had one yesterday occur while i was running my gravelord through Anor Londo on PtD.

Ended up getting invaded after killing the Flying Demons before the Silver Knight Archers, worst possible time right...? I'm half way up the platform hiding behind the pillar and i'm close to the corner about to make a run for it, i turn around to keep an eye out for the Invader and i see him using the waving gesture on the platform below me across the walkway.. then he bows. I proper bow back, completely forgetting about the archers raining down on me, and a tiny bit of my toon was past the corner during the bow so... mid bow i take an arrow to the rear and plunge to my death. Most Embarassing Deaths...... - Page 3 2707236321
    i laughed for about 5 minutes afterwards after exchanging private messages with the invader about it. silly

...Needless to say, i've been chopped and screwed by those Archers many many times, but i think this would be the first time i literally get screwed. Most Embarassing Deaths...... - Page 3 2707236321
    philtitan
    philtitan
    Casual
    Casual

Post by philtitan Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:20 pm

"Bow" and arrow death.

Nyuck nyuck...
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:27 pm

First off: Howdy all. Been reading your posts for a while but just registered. Sorry this will be the long ways to write things out cuz I haven't quite figured out the shorthand abbreviations yet, lol. There have been so many embarassing deaths in my playtime, but these are a few I still remember or were recent.

1) The Stray Demon killed me so many times on my first playthrough... because I didn't see the side door. I mean we're talking like 20 attempts with a broken weapon before my camera happened to pan across that exit. /facepalm

2)Nothing specific... but I died so many times in that area of the first Channeler in the Duke's Archives. That Channeler and his stupid crystal buddies somehow always find a way to get me to make a fatal mistake whenever I first get to the Duke's. Now I just dread that encounter every time... They've totally got me psyched out now.

3) Again, nothing specific... I don't even know how many times I've been pushed off of a ledge by the animation of what I had just killed. I know better.

3) Most recently I was rushing through Darkroot to kill Sif for his soul cuz I only needed the Greatsword of Artorias made from a broken weapon to complete my achievements. It was on NG+++ cuz I'd messed up and made it from the wrong weapon in NG++ ... anywho, Sif was way more difficult for me than I'd ever remembered and he offed me... on my way back to collect the nearly 3 million souls and 30-40 Humanity I'd been hoarding from my prior playthroughs, my patience got the better of me and I decided not to kill the axeman and cleric and just run for it. Somehow the cleric got some RedBull while at the same moment just beyond Alvina I second guessed my decision to "run for it". The cleric fell down the stairs and blocked my exit while the axeman walked down the stairs behind me... absolute stunlock gankfest. I didn't really need the souls or humanity at that point.. it was the principle of the thing. I knew better.

4) Not my own death but it made me feel good after that last thing. I was trying to get through Sens as fast and safely as I could to get my Great Sword of Artorias. I was at the top just before the bonfire when I saw that I got invaded. I walked over to the ledge above the bonfire and we saw each other. He was coming at me, was not stopping to bow, and had the look of someone who was not going to fight fair. I was in PvE gear so I dropped down to the bonfire (a la Luke Skywalker in ESB) and ran to the Balder’s little area I had previously cleared hoping for a BSS (I know that one). I just changed my gear and waited. Then this life bar appears in the fortress… invader took like 50-60pts of damage. So double check everything to make sure I’m ready. I see the life bar again only it’s taking massive damage and a message pops up that I’d defeated the guy. I’m like, “wtf…” so I go up in search of how he died … While chasing me, he hit the pressure plates right below the bonfire and was killed by the darts. Got a message right as I claimed his souls from him “that was embarrassing…”

Hellion7776 wrote:Speaking of my wife... EVERYTIME SHE TALKS TO ME WHILE PLAYING ends in my dieing to the most randomly weak mob or trap in the game... Everytime...

This is so very true, lol. In my case it is my girlfriend. Last one I remember was she said something right before I was going to attack the ent on that skinny ledge on your way to Darkroot... instead of doing a 1 shot strong attack, I did a jump attack right off the ledge.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:20 pm

getting told that if you jump down the firelink well you end up in blight town....
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:42 pm

Just a couple of days ago while I was in blight town I was knocked off of the cliff right by the bonfire by a single dragonslayer arrow. I am ashamed.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:24 am

Befowler, that was the funniest thing I've read in a good long while lol
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:00 am

I think I caused somone to have thier most embarassing death.....

it was hillarious.

In sens and invaded. So im standing on the second bridge where the first lightning snake thingy is and my invader comes across the bridge. I flip the trap and send 3 arrows shooting at him which he blocks.... but he also gets hit by a chain thingy....

unfortunately for me he falls onto the lower bridge and comes back up. And im hinding right in the door way with a r2 DGM to finish him off......

in other news i died in Btown before i could get to the PW monster because i got stunlocked by the blowpipe and fly monsters.....
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:40 am

Running btown with 0 poise is annoying, I hate those damn mosquitos.
    Hanimir
    Hanimir

Post by Hanimir Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:19 am

The Archers in Anor Londo... only that they didn't kill me, I just fell of the ledge in utter excitement of having it made thorugh there the first time. Though I wonder what really caused me to fall, maybe the Silver Knight I fought there just nudged me a bit before falling himself, bastard...
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:53 am

I was running through the game on a caster build.. Going through duke's trying to get up to kill logan gone crazy. I got jumped while the elevator was coming down and stunlocked by 3 crystal men and a crystal archer... I felt like so Most Embarassing Deaths...... - Page 3 1330857165 and my friend was just like Most Embarassing Deaths...... - Page 3 2707236321 Most Embarassing Deaths...... - Page 3 3596227959 .
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:57 am

Another good one was breezing through New Londo ruins on my first character that used the wolf ring. No problems slicing through and then literally on the last ghost all of a sudden I'm taking huge damage right through my shield and my sword seems to keep missing. I keel over, and then it occurs to me that I didn't notice my curse wear off because of the damn wolf ring aura.

Had a sweet near miss recently in Anor Londo also. Typical run on the silver knight archers, I'm second up so I bang a left at the top of the walkway and head over to take care of the left side archer. I have a whole system for this which works flawlessly for making the knight just aggro on me and then fall to his death, but don't realize my host has run up right behind me so I can't back up. So instead I start a swing at the knight just as he decides to take me up on my offer to jump to his death. I watch on horror as my character's swing tries to track the knight as he starts to fall, dragging me to my death, but instead my character somehow bounces off the knight's shoulder as he is falling and jumps forward onto the lower walkway where the knight was standing, sticking the landing and making it look like I'd squashed him like Mario jumping on a mushroom. Both the host and the other summon start jumping up and down like I'd planned it that way, haha.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:21 pm

Everynevers wrote:In my case it is my girlfriend. Last one I remember was she said something right before I was going to attack the ent on that skinny ledge on your way to Darkroot... instead of doing a 1 shot strong attack, I did a jump attack right off the ledge.
    That cracked me up.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:00 pm

hahaha once i had a guy in the PW hiding in the bushes, i saw him and WOGed him off the clif 3:)
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:43 pm

Once I killed my helper that I summoned.

I was going through Sen's fortress. I ran towards the first lightning lizard guy and killed him. Then I stepped on the pressure switch and ran to the right. All 3 arrows missed me and hit my helper.
    Hellion7776
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hellion7776 Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:51 am

More:
    On the path from Parish to the Dark Root. The second Ent... run up, hit him once, he starts to fall off the cliff, and me being the DERPface that I am, swings a second time and follows him off.
    >Brave<
    >Brave<
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by >Brave< Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:22 am

I was doing some damage tests on the new londo hollows... They somehow stun locked and killed me ;__;
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:52 am

I was summoned by a player to help out with Sif. I had put my sign just outside of the door, the first thing i do is accidently press the B button(xbox) and jump backwards.
    Down the cliff.
    To my death.
    Look Skyward
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:16 am

I had a glorious duel against a NG+7 torch hollow. He killed me with one combo.

Last edited by Uparkaam on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly &quot;undead&quot; but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Post by bmurn Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:40 am

This happened to me again the other day and I think most have had it happen to them or experienced it with a summon phantom.

It happens one of two ways, when helping against the four kings.

1. Trying to be cool and beat the host down into the abyss so jump off the stairs at one of the many places that you can do so and fall down the middle. But for some reason this time I end up walking off to slow and hit one of the platforms on the way down for an instant death.

2. Jump off into the abyss and then have a quick realization while you are falling that you don't see the little blue boot on your HUD under your stamina bar. Ooops.

Both have happened to me. Just as entertaining, but not a death. Both the host and I jump off the stairs at the same spot, me right after the host. Both of us land about two landings down with now half of our health. I think death would have been less embarassing for both.
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:40 pm

I hate those little ledges with a passion.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:24 am

Playing 'hide & seek' with the Darkwraiths in Valley of the Drakes after I'd drained the ruins. I got one to follow me to the tower with the long ladder (where the seal is) thinking I could take pot shots at him from the top. He followed me up the ladder! I waited by the top of the ladder ready to clobber him. He climbed over the top, I missed, he didn't.
    magnanimus_leonis

Post by magnanimus_leonis Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:46 am

i was in the drake valley and i was running circles around a drake slashing at it's back [very effective by the way] and we were on the bridge as i lock on for the finishing blow he spins towards me and i fly over the wall of the bridge and fall to my death.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:16 pm

Trying to run away from the pinwheels in the catacombs.

It took five times before I gave up.Most Embarassing Deaths...... - Page 3 1330857165
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:49 pm

I got killed by Pinwheel.

Look Skyward

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:55 am