Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
FruitPunchNinja
reim0027
Wisp
Christoph
StockpileThomas
Ghadis_God
Knight Alundil
Spurgun
Glutebrah
Fotitudo
Jansports
ViralEnsign_
Tolvo
Rifter7
Jovias-86
IV_Mark_VI
20 posters

Top 10 weapons in PvP - compiled and Ranked

FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Top 10 weapons in PvP - compiled and Ranked - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 weapons in PvP - compiled and Ranked

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:55 am

im surprised by the lack of Falchion, it's a beast for pvp. Buffed or no buff, i personally have started to consider it to be better then the katanas. I really wish it had a kick though, that would seal the deal.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Top 10 weapons in PvP - compiled and Ranked - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 weapons in PvP - compiled and Ranked

Post by Serious_Much Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:06 am

1. Lag
    2. WoG
    3. Great Combustion
    4. More Lag
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:19 am

Serious_Much wrote:1. Lag
    2. WoG
    3. Great Combustion
    4. More Lag

xD lol!
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:32 am

FruitPunchNinja wrote:im surprised by the lack of Falchion, it's a beast for pvp. Buffed or no buff, i personally have started to consider it to be better then the katanas. I really wish it had a kick though, that would seal the deal.

The lack of a kick is specifically why I personally am less of a fan of curved swords then I'd like to be.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:40 am

I know the Falchion has ridiculous dead angle and damage potential..... is that true of all Curved Swords.... namely my lovely Shotel!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:35 am

in no particular order

-demon great machete
    -demon great axe
    -large club
    -halberd
    -man serpent greatsword
    -longsword
    -short/comp bow
    -any spear
    -velka's rapier
    -light/heavy crossbow
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:31 am

Jansports wrote:
    FruitPunchNinja wrote:im surprised by the lack of Falchion, it's a beast for pvp. Buffed or no buff, i personally have started to consider it to be better then the katanas. I really wish it had a kick though, that would seal the deal.

The lack of a kick is specifically why I personally am less of a fan of curved swords then I'd like to be.

While i agree, the main thing i use kick on is backstab fishers. Thing is the Falchion is practically made to punish bs fishing. It also staggers opponents much easier and faster then it should. I actually want to do some test on that. I have had occasions where i had 76 poise and the falchion and i was fighting someone with 76 poise and a claymore. I staggered them first... I would think when the patch arrives that would be even more true.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:12 pm

Hey everyone, can I ammend my post to say "Weapons" and not catalysts, talismans, or the pyroglove?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:15 pm

Serious_Much wrote:1. Lag
    2. WoG
    3. Great Combustion
    4. More Lag

I'm amending a 5th thing into my list.. and it's even more lag silly
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:15 pm

Its DPS is most effective when wielded 2h, unlike a kat which is effective in one hand. It doesn't have bleed either, and is much shorter than the katanas. Finally, the kats have a better strong attack moveset, including some very useful pokes for the Uchi and WP, along with the dash attack for all of them. If I was to pick a curved sword, it would be the PGS for the added bleed and pure dex scaling. The main problem with the Falchion, though a very good weapon especially against 0 poise builds, is that it doesn't have much versatility beyond just r1 spam.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:13 pm

I have amended the first post to say what weapons what you think Objectively are the best; not what weapons you enjoy to use, but they could be the same.

I hate, hate the Great Scythe, think it looks stupid and it's for farming, but I do not deny it is a top tier weapon. So it's on my top 10 list.
    WarriorOfBenOwnage
    WarriorOfBenOwnage
    Regular
    Regular

Post by WarriorOfBenOwnage Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:48 pm

Murakumo
    BSS
    Chaos Blade
    Uchigatana
    Great Club
    Claymore
    Gargoyle's Halberd
    Great Scythe
    Moonlight Greatsword
    Composite Bow
    Falchion
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:08 pm

Original post updated, and ordered from most effective to least, along with the members that have contributed to the thread.

@RantFromRant: I didn't apply a 1 to each spear; can you choose a single spear or two instead of saying any spear?
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:37 pm

I'm surprised that the Demon Great Machete is bottom of the list. Seems like a very popular weapon.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:29 pm

@mark there's only like five people in here that actually use the DGM and I'm gonna go the dss since I always have trouble carrying that thing and those damn phantom hits are ridiculous.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:32 pm

Updated and Ranked. I haven't submitted my list... hm. That being said, I have never played a full int character, so I don't know weapons like Moonlight Greatsword or velkas so I'd only have a slice of the picture.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:36 pm

@Rant: any surprises so far? It's a small sample size so it's not indicitive of much, yet, but I'm really curious to see what people consider top tier.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:42 pm

Might as well post a list. And contribute to this.
    In no particular order.

Demon great machete.
    Estoc.
    Great scythe.
    Falchion.
    Halberd.
    Gargoyle halberd.
    Silver knight spear.
    Great club.
    Composite bow.
    Balder side sword.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:18 pm

im actually not surprisd at all on the top 11, those are some of the best and most used weapons in the game.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:22 pm

Yeah, those weapons are some of the best ones.
    But there are a lot of underrated weapons as well. The halberd/G halberd are good examples. I rarely see them, but they are really powerful.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:34 pm

i love the halberd but if you miss a swing youre probably gonna get bs'd. most of the str weapons are only underrated cause people wont put the effort to get good with them.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:35 pm

What I'm surprised at, is that Katana's are extremely common but I don't see any on the top 11. There's one that's sitting at #12, but that's it. I see katana's more than any other weapon on XBL.

Other surprises for me:

Silver Knight Straight Sword
    Handaxe
    Golem Axe
    Dragon Greatsword
    Server
    Blacksmith's Giant Hammer

Rarely do I see these weapons used, and none would be even on my top 20 list. Maybe the Golem Axe in Sen's fortress, but that's very situational.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:33 pm

My favorite underused weapons are:

-Winged Spear
    -Broadsword
    -Darksword
    -Flamberge
    -Butcher Knife
    -Claws
    -Dragon Bone Fist
    -Blacksmith Giants Hammer
    -Gravelord Greatsword
    -Silver Knight Straightsword

I think the top ones mentioned are pretty much what can be considered the "best", i honestly don't dislike any weapon. I like to use them all, which is why i have a lot of different builds and switch my set ups around a lot.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:13 pm

Hey Fruit, are those your honest top 10 best...? We can make another list for top 10 unappreciated weapons.

It's apparent you don't think those are top 10 so... they belong in another list.

If there was a tourney with a 1million dollar prize for PvP, what weapon would you bring? That's what I'm after.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:16 pm

I just meant they were some of my favorite weapons that almost no one uses. The first 10 i listed are the weapons i have the most success with. Like i said though, there really aren't any weapons i dislike.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:04 am