Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
lextune
aceluby
strangejoy
jjshowal
gammlesvarte
stale
Emergence
Maneater_Mildred
meridam99
13 posters

Couple of personal observations

meridam99
    meridam99

Couple of personal observations Empty Couple of personal observations

Post by meridam99 Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:55 am

There are somethings that I have noticed, personally at least:

1. Flipping the game is great (sense of accomplishment), but once I flip it, I don't think I am enjoying it as much, so I make a new toon
    2. On the new toon, I start reliving what I love about this game, and I am pulled back in.
    3. Lastly, I realized the journey to flipping the game is better than the actual flipping.

What do you guys think?

This is from a totally PVE standpoint as I know that people will say that PVP at 120 is great, and it is, but from a "Campaign" standpoint, nothing can replace that first time I made it past the Archers in Anor Lando or the first time I beat the Stray Demon.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Couple of personal observations Empty Re: Couple of personal observations

Post by Maneater_Mildred Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:10 pm

Lost me at flipping!

1 week of pve only(when my intetweb was down) almost made me go hollow. Pvp is what keeps me going and "flipping the game"(hope i used it right) is just a means to a end ie. getting my toon ready for pvp.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:13 pm

I enjoy PVP don't get me wrong, but I am the kind of person that always always always does the "campaign" mode of any game before I do anything else. I wouldn't buy Call of Duty if it didn't have a "campaign" mode. If this game was just PVP, I would not play it either.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:18 pm

Not a fan of rolling in Dark as much as Demon's which was more straightforward of a process. Likely because of the more contained nature as opposed to the wide open world of Lordran. In Demon's if I got bored I could clear a cycle in a sitting and be back to having 4-1 open in no time.
    stale
    stale

Post by stale Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:28 pm

does flipping mean newgame+?
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:31 pm

yup
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:41 pm

meridam99 wrote:I wouldn't buy Call of Duty
    There you go all fixed winking

i get what your saying, im the other way around and tend to buy games for multiplayer. I still havnt started bf3 single player yet(bf3 is a game i would and did buy)
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by gammlesvarte Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:37 pm

yea sure pvp is fun when you get oneshooted all the time from glitched toons that are around soul lvl 20 and they onehit you just like that....well hollow all the way...not gona feed trolls that has used someglitches to make there lowlvl toons uber
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:39 pm

gammlesvarte wrote:yea sure pvp is fun when you get oneshooted all the time from glitched toons that are around soul lvl 20 and they onehit you just like that....well hollow all the way...not gona feed trolls that has used someglitches to make there lowlvl toons uber

Don't Hijack threads. You made a thread about how P.O.'d you are, don't take it to other threads that are nowhere near the topic you are talking about.
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by gammlesvarte Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:41 pm

meridam99 wrote:
    gammlesvarte wrote:yea sure pvp is fun when you get oneshooted all the time from glitched toons that are around soul lvl 20 and they onehit you just like that....well hollow all the way...not gona feed trolls that has used someglitches to make there lowlvl toons uber

Don't Hijack threads. You made a thread about how P.O.'d you are, don't take it to other threads that are nowhere near the topic you are talking about.

yea but i still enyoj pvp when its fair and can take some like 10 mins or more before a person dies...then its fair and the person whit best skills win..
    jjshowal
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jjshowal Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:07 pm

im in the middle of NG+, and find this game incredibly easier on NG+ than Demons Souls was on NG+. It is a lot of fun basically storming through the game knowing how hard it was the first time around. I just rang the second bell after about 2 hours. Something that took me more than 30 the first time around. The game has so many things to offer on so many levels.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:12 pm

jjshowal wrote:im in the middle of NG+, and find this game incredibly easier on NG+ than Demons Souls was on NG+. It is a lot of fun basically storming through the game knowing how hard it was the first time around. I just rang the second bell after about 2 hours. Something that took me more than 30 the first time around. The game has so many things to offer on so many levels.

I agree. I think NG+ should be about 30-50% harder than it is, at least in the early levels. Taurus, the gargs, and Queelaag are so much harder the first time when your gear sucks and you're really low level. In NG+, it's a cakewalk until at least O&S, no matter what your level is.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:05 pm

Yeah, NG+ isn't nearly hard enough. I just flew through it. With that being said, I felt godlike and it was fun. I started a new toon and the invasions are just lame as hell twinks. I've switched to Batman because I've gotten a bit bored. But I know DS is gonna bring me back soon.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:18 pm

jjshowal wrote:im in the middle of NG+, and find this game incredibly easier on NG+ than Demons Souls was on NG+. It is a lot of fun basically storming through the game knowing how hard it was the first time around. I just rang the second bell after about 2 hours. Something that took me more than 30 the first time around. The game has so many things to offer on so many levels.

And that is taking your time. I have rung the second bell after about 25 minutes in NG+ before, and even that wasn't a "speed run".
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:38 pm

lextune wrote:

And that is taking your time. I have rung the second bell after about 25 minutes in NG+ before, and even that wasn't a "speed run".

He probably went the long way through lower undead burg > Depths > Then Blight Town instead of openning the shortcut.
    jjshowal
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jjshowal Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:02 pm

Yes I did. I didn't choose the key as a gift on my first run because I don't uze ze internetz for referencing if I'm absolutely stuck somewhere.
    jagger_1243
    jagger_1243
    Casual
    Casual

Post by jagger_1243 Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:56 pm

i love flipping ds, im on ng+5 right now and everytime it gets harder but more rewarding.

and you can pretty much do the ng ttly dif instead of starting a new toon. like my first playthrough i went tank like everyone eles but now on ng+5 im rolling in all light armor and bandits nife.
    AASnoopy
    AASnoopy

Post by AASnoopy Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:29 pm

What glitch are you talking about?? I don't do multiplayer much in dark souls so I dunno what that means. I thought the only real glitch was the dragon head glitch.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:34 pm

dragon head was patched and this forum dicourages the use and explaination of glitches, if you really want to know more it involves the bottomless box.
    AASnoopy
    AASnoopy

Post by AASnoopy Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:21 pm

Oh ok I don't plan to use it or anything like I said I don't really pvp or have the bottomless box lol. And there are ways around the dragon head patch.
    Danthuyer
    Danthuyer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Danthuyer Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:23 pm

AASnoopy wrote:

What glitch are you talking about?? I don't do multiplayer much in dark souls so I dunno what that means. I thought the only real glitch was the dragon head glitch.

When get to the firelink shrine jimp off the bridge and one shot the undead dragon in the valley of drakes beneath on your first time visiting the shrine from the undead asylum you get a REALLY cool surprise ! - oops ... ive said too much already sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:29 am