Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
WyrmHero
Mordreid
ViralEnsign_
cloudyeki
Kiva the wanderer
Pratix
Ghadis_God
XuitusTheGreat
Isirith
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
ICEFANG
Knight Alundil
Glutebrah
Alara78
>Brave<
Shindori
20 posters

MY MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN BY THIS DISCOVERY

Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

MY MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN BY THIS DISCOVERY Empty MY MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN BY THIS DISCOVERY

Post by Shindori Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:55 am

Artorias is the man on the cover of the game.
    Same armor, same weapon and shield..
    You guys probably knew it already but WHATEVER. How awesome is it that From Soft had shown us from the beginning what he looked like and we had NO clue it was him?!
    And if it's not then goddamn, looks a lot like him, down to the weapon and shield.
    >Brave<
    >Brave<
    Addicted
    Addicted

MY MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN BY THIS DISCOVERY Empty Re: MY MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN BY THIS DISCOVERY

Post by >Brave< Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:54 am

Made obvious when the official artwork was released.
    Alara78
    Alara78
    Addicted
    Addicted

MY MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN BY THIS DISCOVERY Empty Re: MY MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN BY THIS DISCOVERY

Post by Alara78 Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:55 am

You do mean the Prepare to Die cover right ?

Because on the regular version it's a Black Knight
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:23 am

MY MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN BY THIS DISCOVERY Jaquette-dark-souls-playstation-3-ps3-cover-avant-g-1317817697

looks like elite knight set, Black knight Great sword
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:53 am

Yeh doesn't look anything like Artorias to me. Probably the whole Japanese thing about marketing the theme of the game rather than the content.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:27 pm

Black Knight Greatsword, looks like Artorias' Greatshield, armor doesn't really look 100% like anything in game, but if you look at the metal helmet, I don't think its Artorias's.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:55 pm

the armor has the right texture for artorias's tho, cloth in the same places and similar fluting on the helm and chest.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:58 pm

I would have to say the helmet looks nothing like artorias' lol!

Spoiler:
    Isirith
    Isirith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Isirith Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:46 pm

That's definetly Atorias. Look at the Hilt on the Sword. It's the same as his Greatsword in game
    The shield is also his.

I like to think it's Artorias before he went jigging down to the Abyss.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:51 pm

Spoiler:

I'll admit very similar but there are major differences. The angles that the blade comes out the hilt is different. The artorias blade has an indent running up the center of the blade pushing out, on the cover is indented inwards. There is also a large section between the hilt and the blade (I'm sure you can see which bit i'm talking about) that does not feature on the box art. If you look closely at tthe box you can see there is a similar design but it is alot flatter and nowhere near as thick.
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:55 pm

your close up just makes the box cover look more like his sword o-o, it could just be an early concept art of Artorias that was changed later -shrug- they never planned to do a dlc and when it was decided they would they might have spruced up the Artorias design a bit, who knows
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:10 pm

I think it's early concept art that was changed, but the shield looks like the Black Knight shield and the sword doesn't resemble anything. The protrusions on the cover sword are shorter and more pointed, and the blade flares out more drastically from the hilt. It looks like a downsized version of the BKGS.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:38 pm

XuitusTheGreat wrote:your close up just makes the box cover look more like his sword o-o, it could just be an early concept art of Artorias that was changed later -shrug- they never planned to do a dlc and when it was decided they would they might have spruced up the Artorias design a bit, who knows

while the close up might make it look more like it, it looks identical to this
    MY MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN BY THIS DISCOVERY E0rxS
    Pratix
    Pratix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pratix Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:58 pm

Glutebrah wrote:
    XuitusTheGreat wrote:your close up just makes the box cover look more like his sword o-o, it could just be an early concept art of Artorias that was changed later -shrug- they never planned to do a dlc and when it was decided they would they might have spruced up the Artorias design a bit, who knows

while the close up might make it look more like it, it looks identical to this
    MY MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN BY THIS DISCOVERY E0rxS

I must disagree. If you look the BKGS clearly has spikes protruding from is. The cover picture doesn't. Unless my eyes deceive me! :shock:
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:10 pm

Pratix wrote:

I must disagree. If you look the BKGS clearly has spikes protruding from is. The cover picture doesn't. Unless my eyes deceive me! :shock:

On the cover you don't see enough of the blade to even tell if there are spikes coming from the blade or not. look at the where the blade meets the hilt, the shape of it and everything.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:02 pm

It looks like the spikes are just off the picture, it gets wider right at the edge of the picture.
    Alara78
    Alara78
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Alara78 Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:12 pm

Oh I'm sorry, I have the collector's edition which looks like this:

MY MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN BY THIS DISCOVERY Dark_souls_ce_01
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:39 pm

Its apparently artorias before his armour was torn apart by the abyss and his first time abyss walking it makes sense to be him his armour could have changed in his travel to the abyss.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:57 pm

It's the elite set from behind (or what it's supposed to be, it's far more detailed than any of the other armors in-game with the closest being the black knight's design), what's incredibly funny is that the weapons are switched. It may be Artorias, but I figured they had already drafted his design before they had to cut the content to meet release date.

MY MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN BY THIS DISCOVERY Eliteknight

If it was any character, it would be Oscar. The Elite Knight armor is the default armor used in most of the trailers, as well as being a major character in the original concept.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:42 am

That's actaully a great point .
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:48 am

The game was announced a year before its release and we seen a lot of content wwhich was changed in the final product that could have been the initial design for artorias or even before he was a knight.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:49 am

Glutebrah wrote:
    Pratix wrote:

On the cover you don't see enough of the blade to even tell if there are spikes coming from the blade or not. look at the where the blade meets the hilt, the shape of it and everything.
    Highly unlikely. Even angled, the sword's blade would not look as thin. Also, proportions. the spikes would be seen. Also, and this is a major point, guyz, you really think thwey were gonna put a fully fledged artowrk on the cover? They wanted to keep it mysterious.

@Cloud:
    close but no cigar. the tattered robes and shoulderpad are a DEAD giveaway. The elite knight's shoulder is smooth and round, as opposed to the one on the cover. Also, note the tattered skirt to the side, which artoriar is clad in. And for those claining its not his shield and its the black knight shield... please, oh please be kidding. The black knight shield is a tiny little thing and the one in the cover is clearly a greatshield.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:51 am

Shindori wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:
    Pratix wrote:

Highly unlikely. Even angled, the sword's blade would not look as thin. Also, proportions. the spikes would be seen. Also, and this is a major point, guyz, you really think thwey were gonna put a fully fledged artowrk on the cover? They wanted to keep it mysterious.

@Cloud:
    close but no cigar. the tattered robes and shoulderpad are a DEAD giveaway. The elite knight's shoulder is smooth and round, as opposed to the one on the cover. Also, note the tattered skirt to the side, which artoriar is clad in. And for those claining its not his shield and its the black knight shield... please, oh please be kidding. The black knight shield is a tiny little thing and the one in the cover is clearly a greatshield.

Sorry Shin but its not Artorias. The devs didnt even design his DLC armour when it was released..... its definately the Elite Knight Armour.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:55 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Shindori wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:
    Pratix wrote:

@Cloud:

Sorry Shin but its not Artorias. The devs didnt even design his DLC armour when it was released..... its definately the Elite Knight Armour.
    But they did have a design for him. An early concept. And if you look closely at the details, it IS artorias' greatsword and shield. you can tell by the etchings. The main giveaway that its not the elite armor set is the skirt. Look at it closely then at artorias'. Compare piece by piece. It looks so much more like an early concept of artorias' armor.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:57 am

Shindori wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Shindori wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:
    Pratix wrote:

@Cloud:

But they did have a design for him. An early concept. And if you look closely at the details, it IS artorias' greatsword and shield. you can tell by the etchings. The main giveaway that its not the elite armor set is the skirt. Look at it closely then at artorias'. Compare piece by piece. It looks so much more like an early concept of artorias' armor.

Even if it is his shield and sword that doesnt confirm it is him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 7:58 am