Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
WyrmHero
Mordreid
ViralEnsign_
cloudyeki
Kiva the wanderer
Pratix
Ghadis_God
XuitusTheGreat
Isirith
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
ICEFANG
Knight Alundil
Glutebrah
Alara78
>Brave<
Shindori
20 posters

MY MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN BY THIS DISCOVERY

Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

MY MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN BY THIS DISCOVERY - Page 2 Empty Re: MY MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN BY THIS DISCOVERY

Post by Shindori Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:06 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Shindori wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Shindori wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:
    Pratix wrote:

I must disagree. If you look the BKGS clearly has spikes protruding from is. The cover picture doesn't. Unless my eyes deceive me! :shock:

On the cover you don't see enough of the blade to even tell if there are spikes coming from the blade or not. look at the where the blade meets the hilt, the shape of it and everything.
    Highly unlikely. Even angled, the sword's blade would not look as thin. Also, proportions. the spikes would be seen. Also, and this is a major point, guyz, you really think thwey were gonna put a fully fledged artowrk on the cover? They wanted to keep it mysterious.

@Cloud:
    close but no cigar. the tattered robes and shoulderpad are a DEAD giveaway. The elite knight's shoulder is smooth and round, as opposed to the one on the cover. Also, note the tattered skirt to the side, which artoriar is clad in. And for those claining its not his shield and its the black knight shield... please, oh please be kidding. The black knight shield is a tiny little thing and the one in the cover is clearly a greatshield.

Sorry Shin but its not Artorias. The devs didnt even design his DLC armour when it was released..... its definately the Elite Knight Armour.
    But they did have a design for him. An early concept. And if you look closely at the details, it IS artorias' greatsword and shield. you can tell by the etchings. The main giveaway that its not the elite armor set is the skirt. Look at it closely then at artorias'. Compare piece by piece. It looks so much more like an early concept of artorias' armor.

Even if it is his shield and sword that doesnt confirm it is him.
    Only thing missing is the plume on his head. Armor is almost identical in design to early concept art found in the design works book, which, by the way, is all concept art from before the game where we find, oh lookie, https://2img.net/h/oi45.tinypic.com/34j6r2f.png Artorias in the Early Designs section. Guess they DID use his original design.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

MY MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN BY THIS DISCOVERY - Page 2 Empty Re: MY MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN BY THIS DISCOVERY

Post by Shindori Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:07 am

And also take into consideration, he's looking upwards. Plume might still be there.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:17 am

Shindori wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Shindori wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Shindori wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:
    Pratix wrote:

I must disagree. If you look the BKGS clearly has spikes protruding from is. The cover picture doesn't. Unless my eyes deceive me! :shock:

On the cover you don't see enough of the blade to even tell if there are spikes coming from the blade or not. look at the where the blade meets the hilt, the shape of it and everything.
    Highly unlikely. Even angled, the sword's blade would not look as thin. Also, proportions. the spikes would be seen. Also, and this is a major point, guyz, you really think thwey were gonna put a fully fledged artowrk on the cover? They wanted to keep it mysterious.

@Cloud:
    close but no cigar. the tattered robes and shoulderpad are a DEAD giveaway. The elite knight's shoulder is smooth and round, as opposed to the one on the cover. Also, note the tattered skirt to the side, which artoriar is clad in. And for those claining its not his shield and its the black knight shield... please, oh please be kidding. The black knight shield is a tiny little thing and the one in the cover is clearly a greatshield.

Sorry Shin but its not Artorias. The devs didnt even design his DLC armour when it was released..... its definately the Elite Knight Armour.
    But they did have a design for him. An early concept. And if you look closely at the details, it IS artorias' greatsword and shield. you can tell by the etchings. The main giveaway that its not the elite armor set is the skirt. Look at it closely then at artorias'. Compare piece by piece. It looks so much more like an early concept of artorias' armor.

Only thing missing is the plume on his head. Armor is almost identical in design to early concept art found in the design works book, which, by the way, is all concept art from before the game where we find, oh lookie, https://2img.net/h/oi45.tinypic.com/34j6r2f.png Artorias in the Early Designs section. Guess they DID use his original design.

The DLC armour still looks nothing like the Armour on the cover and your pic proves very little.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:21 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Shindori wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Shindori wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Shindori wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:
    Pratix wrote:

@Cloud:

The DLC armour still looks nothing like the Armour on the cover and your pic proves very little.
    ...You just don't wanna accept it's artorias even though it's obvious and I have proven more than sufficient evidence. >_>; Just jelly its not Ciaran. -snapsnaphairflip.-
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:24 am

Did anyone listen to my theory of it being armour that he wore BEFORE he became the abyss walker he probably changed it for ceremonial reasons.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:29 am

Kiva the wanderer wrote:Did anyone listen to my theory of it being armour that he wore BEFORE he became the abyss walker he probably changed it for ceremonial reasons.
    I did and heavily agree, seeing as it looks less ragged yet still highly similar.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:30 am

Shindori wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Shindori wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Shindori wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Shindori wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:
    Pratix wrote:

@Cloud:

...You just don't wanna accept it's artorias even though it's obvious and I have proven more than sufficient evidence. >_>; Just jelly its not Ciaran. -snapsnaphairflip.-

Look dude I go into arguments expecting to be proven wrong but you have not given me sufficient evidence to change my opinion.

The armours look very different and more like the EKA than Artorias gear (your counter argument being based entirely on speculaation.....)

Artorias is very much so not a leftie as he is shown in the concept art on the cover...

his weapons and armour well thats just speculation as well.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:31 am

Kiva the wanderer wrote:Did anyone listen to my theory of it being armour that he wore BEFORE he became the abyss walker he probably changed it for ceremonial reasons.

While plausible thats again speculation.... no one knows whether he did or not.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:35 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Shindori wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Shindori wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Shindori wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Shindori wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:
    Pratix wrote:

@Cloud:

Look dude I go into arguments expecting to be proven wrong but you have not given me sufficient evidence to change my opinion.

The armours look very different and more like the EKA than Artorias gear (your counter argument being based entirely on speculaation.....)

Artorias is very much so not a leftie as he is shown in the concept art on the cover...

his weapons and armour well thats just speculation as well.
    That can be backed. He is a leftie in the DLC, yes, but who's to say he was before traversing the abyss? Hell, everyone except him is a rightie, as far as i know. Besides, this game is ALL about speculation. thats how wee've come to learn so much. Im siding with Kiva, because not a single part of that armor looks like the elite set except the lines on the help, which are on a lot of them, including artorias'.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:36 am

Then again every character in the game uses their right hand they probably started with the left hand being the main hand for wep use but changed it later and Dark souls lore is HEAVY SPECULATION.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:41 am

Kiva the wanderer wrote:Then again every character in the game uses their right hand they probably started with the left hand being the main hand for wep use but changed it later and Dark souls lore is HEAVY SPECULATION.
    and you CAN invert the hands. yeah the actions change.. for the player. Im going with the armor was changed by the abyss, as we can see by the corroded stuff, like the sword and shield, which by god i will use on my artorias build.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:42 am

Also in thecover art the character is facing AWAY from the viewer so that means. His sword is in his left hand his shield in the right so far that tells me that artorias can use BOTH hands as effectively as each other.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:49 am

Artorias was a real man. May the flames guide hi soul in the afterlife.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:53 am

ARTY IS NOT A LEFTIE IN THE DLC!
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:58 am

We don't fully know that after alll HIS LEFT ARM DOESN'T WORK.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:59 am

If you look at my thread on the concept art you can see that Lautrec is on the cover of the concept art book. Jus' slippin that in here big grin
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:00 am

Kiva the wanderer wrote:We don't fully know that after alll HIS LEFT ARM DOESN'T WORK.

No but he does not use it to fight. he is right handed in the DLC.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:32 pm

Shin, allow me to poke a huge flaw in your theory. Artorias' armor is symmetrical with only the tattered cloak hiding it. You can clearly see that the left pauldron stands out.

The Elite Knight Armor shares the same silhouette as the cover, same number of belts, and the shield isn't the GShOA, seeing as it isn't rounded at the top. And the crest on it looks similar to the crest shield.
    Mordreid
    Mordreid

Post by Mordreid Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:03 am

I'd actually say that this is Artorias. The fluted armor and cloth-tabard visible and paired with the sword and shield this is the man himself.

But his armor is different now since he has been exposed to the Abyss and has become tainted in the eyes of Gwyn. It is ragged and "darkened" which explains the different looks. The cover art for the ogirinal game could very well be Artorias, which I stronly suggest prior to his descent into the Abyss.

I got his sword now, and amining to get the armor before I kill Gwyn and go into NG+ for the shield. Wish I could get them all in one playthrough though.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:22 am

MY MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN BY THIS DISCOVERY - Page 2 L_opwm10

Can't find the zoomed out box cover art but the sword has similar spikes like the BKGS. The guy has Elite Knight set and a Crest Shield.
    Mordreid
    Mordreid

Post by Mordreid Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:25 am

MY MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN BY THIS DISCOVERY - Page 2 Dark-souls-box-art-revealed-20110616113307578
    Well, I'm reffering to the Xbox version of the game. That picture from the PS3 version looks more like a knight of Astoria, namely the one that free's your from your cell and later is hollowed in the Asylum.
    I'd say mostly based on the look of the armor, the fluted helmet in particular which is not part of the elite knight armor set. This is imho Artorias before his departure into the Abyss.
    Dante_000
    Dante_000
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dante_000 Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:44 am

I'm still going with that is Oscar on the cover, Since the armour is basically the Elite Knight gear, The shield looks like the crest shield, and the fact that in almost all the trailers Oscar has featured so that's my theory.
    X-government-agent
    X-government-agent
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by X-government-agent Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:16 am

This guy is left handed and how many left handers do we know
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:31 am

X-government-agent wrote:This guy is left handed and how many left handers do we know

LOL I dont understand this left hand thing.... HE IS NOT LEFT HANDED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeCVVWc_6IM&feature=related

When he fights his left arm is the one that cannot move! HE IS NOT LEFT HANDED! Nor is there any evidence to prove he is....to my knowledge!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:06 am

Left handed dude on the cover, left handed silver knight fighting in the intro. God of War's fave armour not known. I'll just leave this here.
    (I havent read the thread so sorry if this already came up.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:32 pm