Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
WyrmHero
DoughGuy
DarkW17
Forum Pirate
RagingPanic
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Jansports
cloudyeki
Knight Alundil
vatar5
callipygias
goober0331
Ghadis_God
StockpileThomas
Spurgun
Rynn
20 posters

personally i'm glad the dragon slayer spear, along with all other spears, is getting nerfed.

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

personally i'm glad the dragon slayer spear, along with all other spears, is getting nerfed. - Page 2 Empty Re: personally i'm glad the dragon slayer spear, along with all other spears, is getting nerfed.

Post by DoughGuy Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:32 am

Glatts I challenge you to a duel! You free thursday night?
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

personally i'm glad the dragon slayer spear, along with all other spears, is getting nerfed. - Page 2 Empty Re: personally i'm glad the dragon slayer spear, along with all other spears, is getting nerfed.

Post by DarkW17 Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:52 am

Ghadis_God wrote:The Silver Knight spear is just as dangerous as the DSS, perhaps even more so because it needs a lesser stat requirement to reach full power so any Dex build can use it well. I certainly notice that when I use a spear people tend to fight dirty toward me, and it generally makes no difference, it's hard to lose while wielding a spear.

I couldn't agree more any other spear but the DSS or SKS is no problemo for me...those 2 with a good user are hard as hell to win against tho!
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:57 am

DoughGuy wrote:Glatts I challenge you to a duel! You free thursday night?

Ya for sure Dough sounds good its long over due my friend cheers

And you know I am screwed right I cant pivot BS you(that's for burg try hards)....I better have my parry game on....no DWGR tho or used as per new patch 8)
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:59 am

Man this constant complaining is getting on my nerves .

Every Weapon has its up and downsides .

Our Job is to find and abuse the downsides of our Opponents Weapon so we can win . You can't Win by complaining and crying out to nerf supposedly OP things .

Just look at what they did to the Greatswords, they swing way too slow now. All just because people complained about (supposedly inescapeable) stunlocking .
    But Guess what ? People found a way to escape stunlocking .
    The nerf was completely unwarranted .

But let me say this : I am glad about the higher Stamina costs for Shield Poking it is warranted (Have you ever fought a Havel Shield with a Chaos Pike ? Great Fun XD) .

This is not against you Rynn, just wanted to rant about it to get my frustation about the community out silly .
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:05 am

DarkW17 wrote:

And you know I am screwed right I cant pivot BS you(that's for burg try hards)....I better have my parry game on....no DWGR tho or used as per new patch 8)
    No DWGR? Guess I better practice mid roll or get used to 0 poise lol.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:06 am

Well, it IS impossible to escape that stunlock without exploiting a programming bug that resets you from stagger gear swapping.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:18 am

What's with all the down-votes for the OP? :|

Seriously, there's been like 6 of them.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:21 am

Because spear users are upset over the nerfs, and this is tantamount to rubbing salt in a fresh cut.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:23 am

DoughGuy wrote:
    DarkW17 wrote:

No DWGR? Guess I better practice mid roll or get used to 0 poise lol.

Lol just kidding but we should meet up for some duels for sure dude!!
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:39 am

Jansports wrote:

And From changing spears is by no means an admission they were too strong. Unless of course Katanas were too weak and needed the buff they got.

Katanas aren't buffed, it has been proven.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:51 am

^Thank god.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:11 am

Jansports wrote:
    Spurgun wrote:First, i don't know why this got downrepped.

Second, i don't know which nerf you're talking about. Is it that spears bounce off shield, which i don't think is real (the guy in Peeve's video supposedly didn't have enough stats). Or that it takes more stamina to attack while a shield is up (this one is real)?

it probably got down repped because "Fair" and "Balanced" are pretty subjective and it honestly just sounds like whining. Particularly because the nerf doesn't effect half of what's being complained about.

And From changing spears is by no means an admission they were too strong. Unless of course Katanas were too weak and needed the buff they got.

Also DLC spoilers are off putting to some forum goers

^
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:44 am

cloudyeki wrote:Because spear users are upset over the nerfs, and this is tantamount to rubbing salt in a fresh cut.

Alot of people, including myself, never found any spear to be OP so when someone's like "Yeh, they're getting nerfed. Im glad" it just sounds like some who's butthurt getting their way.

Oh and no, I dont use spears. They suck. big grin
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:07 pm

If they don't see spears as unbalanced then the haven't fought the users we're talking about.

Everything has ups and downs but the ups of the longer spears are incredibly difficult to overcome and the downs are negated by keeping an elemental version on hand to chip.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:47 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:If they don't see spears as unbalanced then the haven't fought the users we're talking about.

Perhaps we have but have a different opinion.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:31 pm

I seriously doubt it. When bleed is being cited as an effective counter to a spear, the user is mediocre. A good user would parry ou or bleed dodge even if you did manage to get close enough often enough to build bleed, which you probably wouldn't.

As cloud said, a good spear user is neigh indestructable.

When I'm using a spear the only weapons I give a second thought to are buffed washingpoles, great scythes, and opposing spears. I'm good, but I'm not so good that I should be able to dismiss the vast majority of the weapons in game off hand.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:02 pm

Spears don't track as hard as say... the BSS. The problem with spears is that you cannot fight them with any amount of impatience. As soon as you do something needlessly aggressive spears punish you. Most people are just not patient enough to wait out a spear user's patience.

Really all of DkS PvP is about forcing people to make mistakes then punishing them. People are entirely willing to make mistakes against spears. It's hard not to, you have to have the patience of a saint to deal with really good spear users. But until you make a mistake spears can't do anything aggressive that's "Safe" They(spears) rely almost completely on taking advantage of their opponents impatience or ignorance of how to approach a fight against a spear.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:05 pm

The only problem i had with spear users were the flippers who 2 handed their spears, So what happens is, since they are 2 handing it, they have even better range than 1 handed, and 50% more damage and it attacks faster aswell. Then when i try to come up for an attack, they would flip away and poke me from a range afterwards. rinse... fricken... repeat. so my main issue isent getting patched anyway. And i believe theres a strategy around everything anyway.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:32 pm

^poison arrows and kiting.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:37 pm

I've tested it, spears have a better range one handed, actually. The poke from behind a shield is shorter than the two handed poke, but in terms of normal attacks, the 1h is slightly longer.

And there are weapon classes that are very hard to punish spears with: namely, Str weapons. I think the best remedy to a spear user is the parry, but that's hard to do against a good spear user.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:37 pm

cloudyeki wrote:^poison arrows and kiting.

Whats kiting ? Think ive read it somewhere...
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:55 pm

Marino. wrote:
    cloudyeki wrote:^poison arrows and kiting.

Whats kiting ? Think ive read it somewhere...
    I think he ment kicking? silly
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:59 pm

No i think he means kiting.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:02 pm

no kiting. Kicking would be a part of that. Its just denying them the opportunity to do any real damage.

They can still dodge poision arrows though. Even then It still wouldn't work if they're smart enough to carry a spear that will chip (ie demons spear, mlbh).
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:04 pm

No, I meant kiting, which is evading and baiting people to rush in.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:20 am