Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
WyrmHero
DoughGuy
DarkW17
Forum Pirate
RagingPanic
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Jansports
cloudyeki
Knight Alundil
vatar5
callipygias
goober0331
Ghadis_God
StockpileThomas
Spurgun
Rynn
20 posters

personally i'm glad the dragon slayer spear, along with all other spears, is getting nerfed.

Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

personally i'm glad the dragon slayer spear, along with all other spears, is getting nerfed. - Page 3 Empty Re: personally i'm glad the dragon slayer spear, along with all other spears, is getting nerfed.

Post by Knight Alundil Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:50 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:I seriously doubt it. When bleed is being cited as an effective counter to a spear, the user is mediocre. A good user would parry ou or bleed dodge even if you did manage to get close enough often enough to build bleed, which you probably wouldn't

Well, I don't use any of these methods all the time or alone. This is you telling me what I would do in the fight and why I would lose. See the problem?

As cloud said, a good spear user is neigh indestructable.

This could be said for any of the games weapons barre a minority.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

personally i'm glad the dragon slayer spear, along with all other spears, is getting nerfed. - Page 3 Empty Re: personally i'm glad the dragon slayer spear, along with all other spears, is getting nerfed.

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:08 pm

I did not. I didn't mention your tactics because I wasn't awaer that you've posted any. I used you incorrectly, it should have been "one."

Other weapons can be out ranged or are slow. Spears are longest in game and fast as well. Technically you're right though so I'll rephrase.

Its easyer to be good enough with a spear to be neigh indestructable than it is with other weapons.

Again, I know what I'm doing but with any other weapon I am legitametly threatened by entire weapon classes, sometimes multiple. If I have a spear there are only 2 non-spears that give me pause.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:42 am

Marino. wrote:
    This is not against you Rynn, just wanted to rant about it to get my frustation about the community out silly .
    No problem... i think people misunderstood my point with this thread. it's not complaining at all, i was remarking i am happy for the upcoming nerf.

cloudyeki wrote:Because spear users are upset over the nerfs, and this is tantamount to rubbing salt in a fresh cut.
    I'd like to mention; i am an avid spear user. I use one either in my main hand or offhand on at least 50% of my builds. Rarely am i seen without a spear or rapier somewhere in my repitior.

Jansports wrote:Spears don't track as hard as say... the BSS. The problem with spears is that you cannot fight them with any amount of impatience. As soon as you do something needlessly aggressive spears punish you. Most people are just not patient enough to wait out a spear user's patience.

Really all of DkS PvP is about forcing people to make mistakes then punishing them. People are entirely willing to make mistakes against spears. It's hard not to, you have to have the patience of a saint to deal with really good spear users. But until you make a mistake spears can't do anything aggressive that's "Safe" They(spears) rely almost completely on taking advantage of their opponents impatience or ignorance of how to approach a fight against a spear.
    Have you ever fought a player that uses a spear in their offhand? i can do many aggressive things without giving my opposition much of an opportunity to do something about it.

T-King-667 wrote:since they are 2 handing it, they have even better range than 1 handed,
    All spears lose about half a foot when two handed.

So this remark came after a long day of PvPing in tne forest with my level 120 Strength Hybrid. The fact is with a spear, you can easily whittle away all your opponents HP, through 20 flasks if neccesary, and as things currently stand, there is nothing your opponent can do about it. Spears are vastly the best weapon in the entire game, they are perfect offhands, nearly perfect mainhands. and one particular spear has the best balance of stats, with perfect speed, range, damage, and poise break, with the added benefit of being capable of attacking while blocking. This particular spear is not infaliable, but genuinely if the players had not set a level 120 level cap, it would be undeniably the best weapon in the game based on it's list of strengths and weakness's. It's not a special case imo, most of the spears are, while beatable, greatly imbalanced. I was just thinking to myself... and i am glad these are getting nerfed.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:27 am

Forum Pirate wrote:I did not. I didn't mention your tactics because I wasn't awaer that you've posted any. I used you incorrectly, it should have been "one."

Other weapons can be out ranged or are slow. Spears are longest in game and fast as well. Technically you're right though so I'll rephrase.

Its easyer to be good enough with a spear to be neigh indestructable than it is with other weapons.

Again, I know what I'm doing but with any other weapon I am legitametly threatened by entire weapon classes, sometimes multiple. If I have a spear there are only 2 non-spears that give me pause.

We both know each other points and like you said, you know what you're doing so yah, we agree then pretty much big grin

Rynn wrote:
    Marino. wrote:
    This is not against you Rynn, just wanted to rant about it to get my frustation about the community out silly .
    No
    problem... i think people misunderstood my point with this thread. it's
    not complaining at all, i was remarking i am happy for the upcoming
    nerf.

Alot of people are unhappy with the nerfs, so when one group says "I'm happy about the nerfs" there is another group ready to debate the opposing point.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:44 am

I'm fine with that. Just don't misrepresent me with a "Whining" tag... XD
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:56 am

15 votes ...
    I dont think Ive seen that many votes in an entire thread let alone a single post.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:00 am

neither have i... i havn't been paying attention to the thread, but WOW... people sure did vote with their rep on my opinion XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:14 am