Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+148
Ifrit
SageOfToads123
Lich180
MikailArksot
StiffNipples
VelvetyOyster5
OminousSquaffle
GenericUsername
SadPanda
tonberryking01
Lmaousine
A Fierce Plankton
CephGabriel
DemonOfFate
Satoshi
divinebeanpole
Wolfsbane
MiareNoKo
Hugh_G_Johnson
Tolvo
ResIsBestStat
Squashy_Avocado
CarverUpqik
Elifia
Thedeadships
jimmyc0341
sure-magicians
Derksers
dragonblade
AnCapaillMor
Forum Pirate
Walter_White
Latitoast
ADirtySlate
twilightwarwolf
skarekrow13
Dibsville
Brigade
Paragon
Pilgrim34
Tchuwib
Tanklord
Werdax
BlazingSoul
Sneezer
KrazykevS10
Zyrrashijn
MistahrFox
Demon Slayer
BLA1NE
FlorisFreakshow
VaDoom
grossemesser
Anchises
densetsushun
sicktwist
Poozila
Folthanos
DMC
amaro57
ted1023
vixder/pennywise
gmwdim
Juutas
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ashran
RePaused
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
BagerX2
sunbro
Drydwir
Xero
Hydreigon11
Murkulanvippi
JaffaCakes
User1
Soris Ice Goldwing
Slarg232
firefighter_raven
Mr.Pickle
SpecialNewb
Kyōkai
drmuto
EeAyEss
rety
Rifter7
FinPeku
Halicarnassis
Coryf2209
Sentiel
XDHappyDX
DemonRider909
Aznul
Elite Knight
Phoenix Rising
Automancer
Rynn
Revoltage
BoggedBox
GkMrBane
Carphil
AnastaciaAstora
TheMeInTeam
OmniBot
argotthar
BackstabFisherman
FattyOfDoom
PlasticandRage
Kirk-Barb
Rarayn
Wilkinson3424
zasmyenok
The Letter X
CaptanSpudsy
Lord of Ash
Razielthemanslayer
joemann
ViralEnsign_
OrnsteinFanBoy
lonewolf
Avenger649
edgie_za
Ryndis
FruitPunchNinja
Cabjoy
Deathsitexxi
befowler
WandererReece
GrinTwist
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
reim0027
Mr. Tart
greeneless
bmurn
Rudmed
T-King-667
ChaosMoogle
Spurgun
Fatneckwood
BrotherBob
Noob-of-Artorias
Ghadis_God
SublimeSinner
Glutebrah
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Seignar
xSomax
152 posters

PvP tales!

Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

PvP tales! - Page 29 Empty Re: PvP tales!

Post by Elifia Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:17 pm

Alright, so I invade this ganker in the forest. I spawn in Alvina's building, while they are spawncamping the entrance. So they come running at me with their HCSM and stuff. So I hide around a corner, TWoP, then run at them and WotG. Killed them both. So then the host messages me "play with respect [f'ing] noob".

I thought it was pretty funny, such hypocriticism.
    Pilgrim34
    Pilgrim34
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Pilgrim34 Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:13 pm

^^ Nice one, getting hatemail from gank squads is one of the most mysterious paradoxes there is, glad to hear you are having success against them!
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:50 pm

Pilgrim34 wrote:^^ Nice one, getting hatemail from gank squads is one of the most mysterious paradoxes there is, glad to hear you are having success against them!

I made a build specifically for TWoP WotG-ing gank squads. Usually they aren't actually good players either, so it's not that hard silly

Some new PvP tales: After TWoP WotG-ing yet another person to death, he messaged me that that was a pretty *** thing to do. I told him I only did it because he had a phantom out and I assumed he was a ganker. Anyways, we're friends now.
    So later he asked if maybe I was interested in a duel. So I was like, yeah sure, why not. He placed his RSS in Undead Burg (why he picked that spot for a set-up duel is beyond me) and I tried summoning him. I got the "Summoning Failed" message a couple of hundred times. So then he came with the 'genius' idea of me placing my RSS in the Forest. I tried explaining why that was a terrible idea, but he remained adamant that it'd work.

I walked into the forest while human, got invaded after a whopping 10 seconds. I got killed (it was a Darkwraith that decided to team up with some mobs, despite me being solo). Tried again, but again invaded after 10 seconds. This time I won. So, I immediately place my RSS at the designated spot. After a mere 5 seconds it disappears, invaded again!

By now I had already given up trying to get the duel to work, but I decided to stay a little longer, to see what kind of people are actually invading in the forest.

I got 2 AFK farmers, 10 people who didn't even initiate combat until they outnumbered me (including 1 who started running away after he noticed his partner wasn't interested in 2vs1), 5 people who love interrupting duels

and 2 duellists.

Certainly puts the forest gankers in a whole new perspective.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:12 am

That sounds like the forest in it's extreme. People who don't even initiate combat? What losers.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:40 pm

I invaded in the forest with a chaos zweihander giant dad setup for the hell of it.Ran into a pair of gankers(surprise) except only one of them was a hacker which is new.
    It's pretty sad when when he has a crystal halberd and hornet ring plus infinite health and still can't kill me.So I got to work on his friend,murdered the guy in between knocking the hacker down.Killed his friend and started to stunlock and BS him to be annoying until another catbro turned up.
    The hacker then turned his attention to the other guy and went flipping after him,only to find my sword in his back every time he tried to get him.I held off the hacker so the catbro could black crystal,killed his ganking buddy some more when he summoned him and then left myself.
    Not only did he suck as a hacker,ganker and BS fisher,he also never got a kill.It felt kinda good on my end.
    Edit so as not to double post:
    I just ran into another ganker pair,one of them had hacked his health to about 20,000,I could see the damage when I hit him.I killed his friend in about 15 seconds and stunlocked him for about 1600 damage each time,throwing stun BS's in for good measure.When his health was low,he would use DBs and try to kill me with an abyss greatsword.We danced around for about 10 minutes,him eating blessings like candy until he made the big mistake of trying to stunlock me next to a cliff.I savoured the sound of his scream as he plummeted to his death.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:06 pm

Those fights would have made my day!
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:29 am

I just beat a SL 279 with my SL 1. Awww, yeah!
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:23 am

At Elifia on the forest not initiating combat, i spent 5 days and about 20 hours forest inavading this week. and to be honest i wouldn't blame some. You wouldn't believe the amount of times i bowed and got bs'd by a hidden accomplice. Once i saw he'd little health and dropped humanity for him to heal up and fight i then got bs'd by someone hiding by alvina as i stepped away to let him take it. got loads of stories on this, first thing i do is take out every tree(chameleon), take a swip at npc's. Rosies forest vids and playing in the forest made me so paranoid.

So my point is, the forest is gank central, you assume you're going to be ganked, if you bump into me i'm not waiting on another hunter i'm casing out the area.

In dukes last night some dude invaded, i was down there getting summoned and picking some fights. He was naked doing the bow\crossbow shuffle and ran off turned on the music in the prison then ran to the crystal cave and sent me a message saying"when you brave the crystal army, then i deem you worth to fight", so went down for the laugh, walking very slowly expecting a dragon bow any second, he'd agro'd the 3 butterfly's so i took them out, took out the clams always loookng back every 2 secs and there he was ninja flipping slap bang in the middle of the seath cavern. I enter cut scene begins and he gets sent home. Sent him a message asking where was my prize. Got a message saying "obviously you were not badass enough to fight me and seath so the game felt sorry for you and sent me home". Dunno i thought it was funny, fair play to him for sticking around, because i did some farting around before heading down, caught half an episode of the wire.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:06 pm

gmwdim wrote:I just beat a SL 279 with my SL 1. Awww, yeah!

I was level 110 and got beat by a level 5. The worst part is it was mostly one sided.PvP tales! - Page 29 1330857165
    dragonblade
    dragonblade

Post by dragonblade Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:20 pm

I was invaded in the township by a seigmyer build. After a I score a good hit on him he runs down the level to where the oolacile residents are. I let him go thinking he'll just heal up and come back. I wait a little bit and he isn't coming back. I wasn't thrilled about having to fight enemies while worrying about a surprise attack from him so I message him saying "might as leave or come back". Still nothing, I'm fed up at this point so I send him another message saying "quitting the game in 1 min". He left my world immediately. Look Skyward

It blew my mind that if he couldn't try to spring some trap then he would refuse to fight me at all. Making matters worse was that he bowed at the beginning. Sometimes I wonder if people actually understand why players bow in dark souls
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:02 am

gmwdim wrote:I just beat a SL 279 with my SL 1. Awww, yeah!

That happened to me too, like three days ago. I was in the forest with my SL1 Laurentius cosplay and this guy had to have been over 250 from the number of souls I got from him. I lured him into the Demonic Foliages and chainstabbed him 5 times (beating my old record by 2) then kicked him into a swarm of Demonic Foliages that DEVOURED him.

Afterwards I messaged him asking if he was going easy he said "no, just very, very drunk"

lol!
    Derksers

Post by Derksers Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:57 am

I remember invading as a channeler in the forest, I kept dancing as this guy was near the ledge and I was trying to persuade him not to commit suicide, but in the end he jumped anyway.
    Im a failure. sad

Then there was an awesome time I was iron tarkus and was summoned by solaire and shiva and we had fun in sens fortress.
    Pilgrim34
    Pilgrim34
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Pilgrim34 Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:45 pm

Did some invasions in the township today, most were great, fair fights but then I invaded this one guy who started healing halfway through the fight and started spamming dark pyromancy (he had bowed and acted honourable at the start of the duel).

So I ran down towards the elevator and took it down and waited at the bottom. The guy was obviously toying with the idea of coming down since the empty elevator came down and went back up again a few times. Eventually he came down only to be blasted off to his death by my obsidian greatsword. The stupidity!
    lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lonewolf Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:08 am

invaded a guy in the burg using full havel a greatsword ligning and a greatshield i fought him for some time until he healed i backed upp and he followed then another guy invaded, he went all out on me until the host pancaked him.
    the invader and i backed of after he went into the wooden shield room and healed the invader and i teamed upp and tried to kill him unfortanetly i scared the invader by pokking him by acsident while trying to impale the host and the other invader rolled off.
    later another one invaded and the host started hidding in the room unfortanatly for him i was cosplaying a silver knight. that means dragonslayer bow.
    i started to fire in the door to make the other invader understand what was going on at the end i started poking trough the door with my spear and we eventualy killed the guy.
    PvP tales! - Page 29 The_ho11
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:09 am

dragonblade wrote:Sometimes I wonder if people actually understand why players bow in dark souls
    I think most think it's some form of greeting, rather than a silent agreement to fight "honourably".
    sure-magicians
    sure-magicians
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sure-magicians Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:13 am

densetsushun wrote:
    dragonblade wrote:Sometimes I wonder if people actually understand why players bow in dark souls
    I think most think it's some form of greeting, rather than a silent agreement to fight "honourably".

Honor is hard to define, different people, different definitions of it.
    Personally I bow to indicate that I won't heal or run but that I am there to have an enjoyable fight, if my opponent uses tactics that I consider not fun (making me chase him or healing, spawning with PW and DMB cast) I try to adjust to that by doing whatever it takes to survive.
    If I still manage to win I always bow and move on to the next fight.

So I do see it as some sort of indication to fight with some basic rules, on my part obviously because what I consider to be a great fight might be something completely different for someone else.

That said, on good days, 7-8 out of 10 fights are good fights with people that play by somewhat similar rules.
    On bad days, well those are good for improving my anti Pursuers/DB tactics or my WotG dodging ability.
    I still try to learn from that so even a bad day might turn out good sometimes...
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:54 am

sure-magicians wrote:
    densetsushun wrote:

Honor is hard to define, different people, different definitions of it.
    Personally I bow to indicate that I won't heal or run but that I am there to have an enjoyable fight, if my opponent uses tactics that I consider not fun (making me chase him or healing, spawning with PW and DMB cast) I try to adjust to that by doing whatever it takes to survive.
    If I still manage to win I always bow and move on to the next fight.

So I do see it as some sort of indication to fight with some basic rules, on my part obviously because what I consider to be a great fight might be something completely different for someone else.

That said, on good days, 7-8 out of 10 fights are good fights with people that play by somewhat similar rules.
    On bad days, well those are good for improving my anti Pursuers/DB tactics or my WotG dodging ability.
    I still try to learn from that so even a bad day might turn out good sometimes...
    That's why I put it between quotation marks, it's highly subjective and at the end of the day, we're choosing to place arbitrary restrictions on ourselves and expecting or hoping complete strangers to do so as well.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:20 pm

I have two fights to post that happened yesterday with the same questers.

First fight was the longest of them because I had to use the jumps in the PW to out manuever them so I could get off of the top of the roof of the tower that had all the hollows. After I ran straight towards the room with all the bloated hollows and waited for them to realize I had gotten away. Then for a good 2 minutes I had a game of cat and mouse where I tried to kill the host and his phantom which I swear had over 2500 VT. I kept on trying to force the phantom off the ledge with Force but for the most part I couldn't do it because the host would start firing arrows at me. After the two minutes I had to heal and went in the room with the bloated hollows again but the host and phantom followed me. I got in a lot of good hits but the host would just heal while I was dealing with the phantom, so I ended up retreating up the stairs and tried to go for a plunge hit and missed. I got in one backstab on the host before being interrupted by the phantom. After a hit with the black knight greatsword I just spammed the 2H R1 attack on the laito until the host fell down dead because of the bleed damage.

Second fight, not as epic but still it was a funny one for me. The same two guys were going up to get the RSS when I finally found them. Instead of trying to kill the phantom while the host was firing I started using force as much as I could until I was able to knock the phantom off the stairs and I did the same thing with the host too.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:27 pm

Did they message you at all, Grin?
    grossemesser
    grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:50 pm

Last night in the Duke's Archives: Hadn't played with this build in a while and was just tying up some loose ends in the game to get my bearings. I finally make it to the bonfire only to find I can't light it so I check my bones and sure enough I am about to be invaded. Not in the mood for clearing out the play room for a serious bout of pvp I run out the back door and wait under the ladder in the crystal golem area.

After a good while I detect a shadow above me so I pop power within which usually tips an invader off that I am near. Nope. He just heads down towards the caves so I come right up behind his full Iron Tarkus self and give him a +5 Fury sword BS. That got his attention. I circle around like I'm going for another one just to mess with him a little. All this commotion has attracted 2 golems so he figures on letting them take care of me while turtling behind that big shield of his.

I have spent hours farming the big guys so I just bob and weave through their attacks chipping away at his health until finally he panics and attempts to pop a humanity. One 2 handed R1 and it was over.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:54 pm

Good job! PvP tales! - Page 29 3207319737

Invaders who lean on mobs to do their dirty work are the worst.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:12 pm

grossemesser wrote:Last night in the Duke's Archives: Hadn't played with this build in a while and was just tying up some loose ends in the game to get my bearings. I finally make it to the bonfire only to find I can't light it so I check my bones and sure enough I am about to be invaded. Not in the mood for clearing out the play room for a serious bout of pvp I run out the back door and wait under the ladder in the crystal golem area.

After a good while I detect a shadow above me so I pop power within which usually tips an invader off that I am near. Nope. He just heads down towards the caves so I come right up behind his full Iron Tarkus self and give him a +5 Fury sword BS. That got his attention. I circle around like I'm going for another one just to mess with him a little. All this commotion has attracted 2 golems so he figures on letting them take care of me while turtling behind that big shield of his.

I have spent hours farming the big guys so I just bob and weave through their attacks chipping away at his health until finally he panics and attempts to pop a humanity. One 2 handed R1 and it was over.

This is EXACTLY like an invasion I did two days ago against this guy who kept invading Friday Night Fights. I found him in the Archives and I message him like "Hey man, what's up." No Response. So I hunt him down and find him, we start fighting. Im winning when suddenly he chugs, big surprise. I bolt, running as fast as my little Tarkus legs can carry me. Its once I get to the golems I notice he is one arming his Black Knight Greataxe but the moveset is like the twohand moveset: he's a hacker. A weird hacker but a hacker nonetheless. One of the Golems knocks him down and I sprint in for the wakeup bs. I miss the bs but I break his guard and move in for a back stab and then another one later into the fight when he tries to heal again.

He messages me saying "lagstabs all you go for?" to which I reply "sorry bro, I don't control lag. Latency affects both sides."

win
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:23 pm

So I invaded some guy in full ornstein who started summoning phantoms as soon as I spawned. He did nothing but two hand r1 spam and then had the nerve to PvP tales! - Page 29 3596227959 and even send bragmail on how they " rekt " me. Oh durr hurr hurr good job, you can roll poke with an unreal OP weapon.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:36 pm

While invading one my 150 with Cracked Red Eye Orbs, I found a guy with the Xanthous Crown on, the Catarina armor, and some other hilarious looking armor, so I thought it was going to be a fun fight.

He quickly applies DMB and hits me with a WoTG that takes out about 2/3 of my health. He then tried to cast TWoP, but I assumed it was a GLSD so I ran to avoid the Swords, so that didn't affect me. When I saw the TWoP I ran down the elevator since he cleared the area, and sent it back up, and popped a humanity. I was going to lure him to the Dark Sorcerers to get the mobs to even the fight, but the host fell off the elevator on his way down.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:56 am

^ how were you evening the fight? sounds to me like he did nothing wrong and you were just running away.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 11:32 am