Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+148
Ifrit
SageOfToads123
Lich180
MikailArksot
StiffNipples
VelvetyOyster5
OminousSquaffle
GenericUsername
SadPanda
tonberryking01
Lmaousine
A Fierce Plankton
CephGabriel
DemonOfFate
Satoshi
divinebeanpole
Wolfsbane
MiareNoKo
Hugh_G_Johnson
Tolvo
ResIsBestStat
Squashy_Avocado
CarverUpqik
Elifia
Thedeadships
jimmyc0341
sure-magicians
Derksers
dragonblade
AnCapaillMor
Forum Pirate
Walter_White
Latitoast
ADirtySlate
twilightwarwolf
skarekrow13
Dibsville
Brigade
Paragon
Pilgrim34
Tchuwib
Tanklord
Werdax
BlazingSoul
Sneezer
KrazykevS10
Zyrrashijn
MistahrFox
Demon Slayer
BLA1NE
FlorisFreakshow
VaDoom
grossemesser
Anchises
densetsushun
sicktwist
Poozila
Folthanos
DMC
amaro57
ted1023
vixder/pennywise
gmwdim
Juutas
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ashran
RePaused
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
BagerX2
sunbro
Drydwir
Xero
Hydreigon11
Murkulanvippi
JaffaCakes
User1
Soris Ice Goldwing
Slarg232
firefighter_raven
Mr.Pickle
SpecialNewb
Kyōkai
drmuto
EeAyEss
rety
Rifter7
FinPeku
Halicarnassis
Coryf2209
Sentiel
XDHappyDX
DemonRider909
Aznul
Elite Knight
Phoenix Rising
Automancer
Rynn
Revoltage
BoggedBox
GkMrBane
Carphil
AnastaciaAstora
TheMeInTeam
OmniBot
argotthar
BackstabFisherman
FattyOfDoom
PlasticandRage
Kirk-Barb
Rarayn
Wilkinson3424
zasmyenok
The Letter X
CaptanSpudsy
Lord of Ash
Razielthemanslayer
joemann
ViralEnsign_
OrnsteinFanBoy
lonewolf
Avenger649
edgie_za
Ryndis
FruitPunchNinja
Cabjoy
Deathsitexxi
befowler
WandererReece
GrinTwist
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
reim0027
Mr. Tart
greeneless
bmurn
Rudmed
T-King-667
ChaosMoogle
Spurgun
Fatneckwood
BrotherBob
Noob-of-Artorias
Ghadis_God
SublimeSinner
Glutebrah
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Seignar
xSomax
152 posters

PvP tales!

Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

PvP tales! - Page 34 Empty Re: PvP tales!

Post by Latitoast Sat May 04, 2013 3:11 pm

I have an Ornstein and a Tarkus build :3

I also have a Black Knight, and an Artorias build.

I want to go into the Burg with a Silver Knight, and then we take turns.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sat May 04, 2013 4:41 pm

Pff.
    Oh please.
    You need a Velka Griggs Pharis Ninja cosplay, like me.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sat May 04, 2013 4:44 pm

Griggs is a sorcerer.

Helllll naw
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sat May 04, 2013 4:48 pm

It's only the upper cloak.
    grossemesser
    grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser Sat May 04, 2013 5:32 pm

Spent a lot of time in the Forest yesterday. Got smacked around quite a bit. So I took a break and went down to the Depths where I was farming humanity only to get smacked around some more. I have a personal challenge to stay human as much as possible and just deal with invaders.It also makes farming more entertaining. Guys get pissed when you won't let them back stab you!

So after all that beat down I got some redemption. I went back into the Forest with my sl10 pyro. This has been a huge education for me and I think it is finally starting to pay off. I invade as a forest hunter and see some gankers have pinned down a fellow catbro in Alvina's house. So I run over and make a nuisance of myself with a light crossbow then once their after me I make the jump over the river. Sadly nether of them try and jump after me.I hot foot it back to Alvina's just in time to provide cover for the other hunter with poison mist. The host and his phantom back off enough for my fellow catbro and I to break cover. He gets out first and goes for the host and I start to throw fireballs at the phantom. He decides to fight fire with fire and prematurely combusted at me. I took the opportunity to spam him to death with my combustion.

The host is still going strong but when he sees that he is alone he runs for it. We catch him and I manage to get the last few cuts on him. So after hours of getting smacked around and having people suicide or dc on me I finally had a decent fight.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Sat May 04, 2013 8:00 pm

greeneless
    greeneless
    Regular
    Regular

Post by greeneless Mon May 06, 2013 2:42 am

One time this happened
    lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lonewolf Mon May 06, 2013 8:17 am

i was invading with my rss in the township and i was summoned to a world with two people that were ganking with one of them using a hacked crystal sword the times i fought them before.
    this time one of them were using gough greatbow and the other one used the dragon axe, he bows and i hornet bs him with my silver tracer becouse the phantom is aiming the bow at me, i try to get the bow user with a hornet bot he manage to shoot me and i take over half my hp so i run away the host run after me so when i get to the elevator shaft i use a humatity.
    the host tries to flaten me but misses me, the host tries to hit me again but misses me and i roll behind me and i bs him with hornet on and we were standing some lengt from the shaft and i thank god for the fact that had hornet on becouse he tubled forward and landed on his back, he flew back up becouse of the hornet and he fell down the shaft while he were in mid air.
    then the other guy shoot me but becouse of lag nothing happened so i can say that i felt like a boss.

PvP tales! - Page 34 Ihole_10
    grossemesser
    grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser Wed May 08, 2013 3:40 am

I was down in New Londo trying to get summoned via rss by my son who had some loot to trade when I got invaded by a Darkmoon. I figured since I am down by Rickert he probably won't find me and just bc out. This is what usually happens but not this time. After about 5 minutes I hear the Darkmoon blade being applied and realize he's at the top of the steps just out of sight. I head on up and there is this guy with a demon great axe backing away so I lay into him with my fury sword. He doesn't even try to parry but does the I wanna bs you so bad dance. Not gonna happen and since he isn't parrying I cut him down quick and get.....200,000 souls. Okay hmmmm? We took a break and traded some with lower level builds figuring the pesky DM would get bored.
    Nope! I come back down and get invaded right away. So this time I just go for him and don't give him enough time to buff. He really just rushed in there this time but was less anxious for the bs. He kept trying to parry but I use broken timing on my r1 attacks so it's not that easy. Not impossible just not easy. But I slip up and he does get a bs.......but does not have the strength to one hand the axe! Backwards roll out of the attempted wake up and dance a little then bs. Thank you good night. 200,000 souls again.......got some shards and a few slabs from my boy and a couple of levels from my friendly neighborhood Darkmoon.
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Wed May 08, 2013 4:21 pm

omg got invaded by a darkmoon yesterday and they tried to shield bash me to stagger me and i parried their shield and riposted with my rapier+15 DMB+3 and they died lol i bet theyll think twice before trying to shield bash again lol. just in case anyone didnt know yes you can parry a shield bash, you can also parry the attack with a catalyst/talisman/glove or anything that pyshically hits you except maybe thorn armor someone needs to test that lol
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Fri May 10, 2013 10:21 am

I just invaded Anor Londo and the host summoned two phantoms. I went through opening and closing all the shortcut doors ending at the room with 3 Silver Knights Siegmeyer's too scared to take on. I'm trying to decide if I should bother trying to ambush them now or wait for them to go around the long way... waste of time, The Silver Knight is a Silver Knight dammit! He's not here to eff around; he opens the door and charges forward -- I swear I could hear him scream "YOLO!" too. The Silver knight was a nice distraction, but these guys ended up being fairly low level and I did all the damage. In fact, I got the last two with a HCSM and a CSS -- they must have taken some damage against the other Silver Knight.

That's definitely an Ace I'll have to keep up my sleeve for future use. twisted
    CephGabriel
    CephGabriel
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CephGabriel Fri May 10, 2013 11:45 am

Was invading in the forest, spawning on the stairs. I immediately look down and see a couple of presents sitting close to the cliff edge. Now unfortunately for that guy I have already watched the youtube video, so I knew somewhere there was a guy hiding with a bow to knock me off the cliff when I pick up the gift. Sadly I just couldn't find him, so I walk up to the presents with much trepidation, and gingerly pick up a present from as far away as possible from the cliff as I could. Sure enough an arrow hits me and doesn't quite knock me off, I look in the direction of the arrow and the host steps out.

Me: Look Skyward

Host: Shrug

Me: Well What is it

The host then gets out his daemon great machete, charging towards me while I'm still mid-guesture, I finish and roll out of the way just in time, and, irony of all ironies, the host runs straight past me and falls off the cliff!!
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Fri May 10, 2013 9:00 pm

Invaded some hacking gankers for the second time today.
    As they make their run at me,I slip away and run towards the ents.I make the jump down to the basin and they don't follow me for fear of getting stuck once I'm dead.So I kindly point out after a while how they will never get back to the bonfire or be invaded again.They both suicide after a short while,giving me free souls and an indictment. 8)
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Sat May 11, 2013 6:10 am

Ok this is the most pathetic player i've ever encountered
    He invades me while i'm helping my mom, when i come back i find him sucking my humanity, he has hollow soldier waistcloth, havel helm and gauntlets, only that.
    Suddenly i bow and he starts buffing sunlight blade on his large club, he attempts to attack me, but misses even though i was bowing.
    I quickly procede to attack him and break his really low poise.
    Soon he spams WoG 2 times and heals with humanity, later he poisons me with large club and i'm like "lol poison is weak plz"
    i have only 400 hp, but i still bs him 2 times, he spams WoG 3 times now (Dusk Crown ring probably) and heals again, i heal with estus and decide to end it once and for all.
    Since he's bad at attacking, he misses often, i bs him and chain with great combustion, after 2 bs he's dead.
    He proceeds to send me hatemail for using lightning weapons that dealt 400 dmg per bs lol
    Block plz
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat May 11, 2013 9:24 am

Only 400 damage? That's nothing. His Large Club would have done 2-3 times that damage on BS, and, 400+ on a regular hit (buffed with SLB). lol!
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Sat May 11, 2013 9:31 am

reim0027 wrote:Only 400 damage? That's nothing. His Large Club would have done 2-3 times that damage on BS, and, 400+ on a regular hit (buffed with SLB). lol!

The reason why i was at 400 hp is because he got a lucky bs, i have 1600 HP
    CephGabriel
    CephGabriel
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CephGabriel Sat May 11, 2013 10:08 am

Erm... unusual story today...

Invading in the forest, come across a White Phan and the Host, they wave at me, and I bow accordingly. Host steps back and I duel the Phan, killing him with barely any damage taken while the host fires Dark bead at me. I "shrug" at him and he "shrugs" back. Then drops some loot and "points down". I begrudginly pick it up.

20 souls of artorious.. erm.... O_o

I bowed and BC out of there. No way he isn't a hacker so no way I imagined he would have a fair build.
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Sun May 12, 2013 3:03 pm

K, so I was getting bored with PvE and decided to do some invasions on my good old SL55, right? I invade this SL181 in Lautrec's armour wielding a MLGS. He's acting rather weird, just spamming the block button. So I attack him. He doesn't really react, so I hit him (and stun him). Okay... So, I wait a couple of seconds, and attack him again. Now he dodges. He runs around some, does what looks like is going to be a running attack, so I swing my weapon and stunlock. He died in 3 hits (kinda quick for a SL181).

Anyway, right away he starts sending me messages:
    "Wtf, I didn't want to fight"
    "Why do you think I wasn't attacking?"
    I tried explaining that I'm an invader, and thus there to kill him.
    "But I bowed, so that means you shouldn't fight me! And your attacks only did 200 damage, so weak!"
    So I explained that a bow only implies a fair duel (not that I actually bowed at him, but whatever). I also explained that I was only SL55.
    "But other people always just fool around until the boss and then leave when I bow!"
    I brought up the invader thing again.
    "Well you're a coward because you used coward moves!"
    All I did was swing my weapon a couple of times. So I told him that.
    "No, you attacked me when I wasn't attacking!"
    Yeah, I'm just gonna ignore him now. This guy obviously has no clue what an invasion is supposed to be.

============================
    Edit:

Couple hours later, still with the same character. For some reason it has become impossible to invade. I'm constantly getting failed invasions. Then I get the message 'Invading another world' and... nothing. This went on for ages. Then every now and then I do get someone, but he just disconnects straight away (although I also got 1 who disconnected the moment he died). But finally I manage to invade someone who doesn't disconnect. There's another Darkwraith there. Obvious trap. I'm not falling for it and keep my distance. Surely, the Darkwraith attacks me. We fight a little, then the host comes around a corner, 1-shot by Dark Beads. I invade again, same person, but alone this time. Again 1-shot by Dark Beads. Invade again, same person, but this time he's alone on a narrow bridge. So I mid-roll through the CSS, mid-roll through the DB, and stab the little *** with my Zwei. Now he pulls out his own Zwei. Very well, we dance around a little, and eventually I manage to get in my hit. Stun. I hit him again. He falls off an edge. I win. 355k souls, the *** was over SL550! That's 10 times my SL.

And now I'm in failed invasions limbo again. *sigh*

Edit 2: Right, so I figured out why my invasions sucked all of the sudden. Someone sent me hatemail, so I tried to open it. Took AGES. I restarted my PS3, and suddenly internet stopped working. But it's okay, I fixed it winking
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon May 13, 2013 10:56 am

Elifia wrote:"But other people always just fool around until the boss and then leave when I bow!"

I want to know what his secret is. This is obviously assuming he's telling the truth, and that's highly unlikely.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Mon May 13, 2013 4:55 pm

Couple ok stories from recent forest hunting for me (was all at SL 38 with a raw halberd + PW + charcoal resin (much easier to make raw +5 than maxed elemental, and I was impatient). I have havels legs/gauntlets, elite knight armor, gargoyle helm with FAP + Havel's rings for mid roll)

1. Invade into 2 SL 100 gankers. They just finished off the other spirit, so I run to ents intending to just play cliff games near the ladder, instead their host lags behind the other guy so I try to 1v1 their phantom with massive #'s of ents aggro'd. I fared pretty well, nearly winning my encounter though taking some damage (halberd stunned my opponent first) when the host died to the ents ^_^.

2. There were a couple times I invaded + killed the same guy (~SL 50)...largely by coating my raw halberd in charcoal pine resin, blocking the occasional swing with the grass crest shield, and kicking his fishing. 2 kicks then a halberd poke works well. This 3rd time, he had a phantom in full havel's + great sword. I ran to the mushroom parents and used them as a shield. We exchanged some damage and healing, but eventually host strayed a little too close to the mushrooms, who have obnoxiously high damage as most everyone knows. He wasn't at full HP I don't think, or if he was he got himself 1-shotted.

3. I was fighting a SL 100 1 on 1. Kicking his black iron tarkus shield, getting the occasional low dmg poke. He hit me a few times while I was blocking, doing 4 damage. Then, he promptly stopped fighting and jumped off the cliff. I then got hate mail accusing me of being a hacker...pretty ridiculous considering how much I hate cheaters. We had some back and forth where I told him I was blocking, and he didn't believe me until I said my shield blocks 95%. He asked: "95% of what?". "Physical damage". "Oh...." #lolawkward
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Mon May 13, 2013 5:31 pm

Forest, why u full of these peeps?
    I just wanted a place to pvp, not a place with turtles and bs fishers
    Note: Burg and Township were dead when i was pvping
    A Fierce Plankton
    A Fierce Plankton
    Casual
    Casual

Post by A Fierce Plankton Mon May 13, 2013 10:13 pm

I was pvping in the forest ( bad idead, I don't have much experince or skill in pvp) when I invade a guy with a sunbro and a darkmoon dancing around a ton of dropped loot on the ground. I suspiciously proceded to check it out. First bag: 99 blue titanite chunks. Second: 99 white titanite slabs. There were 99 pieces of every upgrade material there. I, of course, Shrug , then Prostration since I'm an educated darkwraith and black crytalled out.
    One advantage of playing a hacker infested game.
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Tue May 14, 2013 12:44 am

actually they probably used a mule file. not technically hacking since all it is is a save file thats not neccesarily edited.

EDIT: on a side not just got invaded by 3 people all max level in the forest.... was not fun managed to kill one but the other was spamming WoG and i ran out of stamina the other was just slicing away with his falcion while i was dodging WoG central and hit me a couple times. i know what level they were because i messaged and asked after >.<
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:22 am

Decided to have my first go at the township but not to PVP.I have a fat character and dressed him up in Chester's clothes with a cane(Logan's catalyst) and pranced around town.After a few invasions where I simply ran away from the invaders while they did what tryhards do and try to kill an unarmed man,I decided to dark bead one of them in the face,he black crystalled and told me I'm bad at the game.
    I then countered with a roleplayed rant about ruffians like him attacking the nobility(me) in the street and that the world was going to hell.That confused the hell out of him,think I'll keep going with the roleplay responses any time I get hate mail.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:58 pm

I have another tale.
    I invaded in the forest once more to see the usual backstab fisher packing dark bead.I then ran away and he gave chase.I led him around the whole forest 4 times and went down the ladder by the bridge.He followed and I simply got back on and he tried to climb up.I kept kicking him in the face until he fell off and smacked the ground.What followed was 20 minutes of the exact same thing,he was furious and I finally slipped up and he got by.I then led him on another few trips of the forest,stopping at the mushrooms.He tried every spell he could to kill me eventually having nothing but his estoc and charged in.He healed so many times from mushroom punches.Then I trapped him behind a rock and he was laid out by a mushroom punch.He was so mad he dashboarded.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:28 pm