Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
MinedSafe
theAnimus
papael
meridam99
jjshowal
RANT
Nitos-Apprentice
justwant2play
iDoLiZe
MOTHAX300
Serious_Much
Robotech
Zechk
drago1uk2000
Gowardo
19 posters

Ideal Divine Weapon before going into Catacombs?

Gowardo
    Gowardo
    Casual
    Casual

Ideal Divine Weapon before going into Catacombs? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideal Divine Weapon before going into Catacombs?

Post by Gowardo Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:17 pm

meridam99 wrote:"When I did the Cats"

Ha!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Ideal Divine Weapon before going into Catacombs? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideal Divine Weapon before going into Catacombs?

Post by RANT Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:20 pm

fire works great in tomb of the giants too btw, good luck with the skelly dogs.
    papael
    papael

Post by papael Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:00 pm

Just to clarify some things:

You don't need a blunt weapon to destabilize skeletons. I believe any weapon with sufficient weight will do the trick. I used a divine gargoyle halberd when traversing the catacombs. It's weak attack destroys the upper part of the skeletons. It's strong attack sends them flying everywhere and take longer to reform. It may be true though that skeletons have weaker blunt defense, but I doubt it's relevant for good damage.

The biggest weakness of Catacombs and Tomb enemies is not divine nor blunt, it's FIRE. Fire will make considerably more damage to these enemies then divine weapons.
    Gowardo
    Gowardo
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gowardo Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:04 pm

papael wrote:Just to clarify some things:

You don't need a blunt weapon to destabilize skeletons. I believe any weapon with sufficient weight will do the trick. I used a divine gargoyle halberd when traversing the catacombs. It's weak attack destroys the upper part of the skeletons. It's strong attack sends them flying everywhere and take longer to reform. It may be true though that skeletons have weaker blunt defense, but I doubt it's relevant for good damage.

The biggest weakness of Catacombs and Tomb enemies is not divine nor blunt, it's FIRE. Fire will make considerably more damage to these enemies then divine weapons.

Thanks for the clarification, although I guess you cant really enchant Fire before you meet Vamos.... That said though, Fire won't keep skeletons from regenerating will it?

Thanks again for all the advice guys!
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by theAnimus Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:05 pm

Divine Notched Whip. You'll thank me later.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:08 pm

if you kill the necromancers they stop regenerating, in tomb of the giants they stay dead except the ones in the fight with nito, what you wanna do is stay back and let him come to you, do not go around him cause thats where the gian skellies are and youll get rape cause you cant kill them execpt with a devine weapon.
    MinedSafe
    MinedSafe

Post by MinedSafe Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:29 pm

I have never used a divine weapon in Catacombs. It was BK Sword on my NG and BKGA on my NG+ Never had any problem going thru the level;) Beat Nito 1st time on my NG with BKS and 1st time on NG+ Just stay where u start when u fall, do not go around the pillar.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:31 pm

I generally just use a divine mace + 5, 2 attacks and voila, bonemeal.
    Dustofsaturn
    Dustofsaturn
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Dustofsaturn Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:45 pm

If you want to beat Nito with his skeletons on an infinite respawn you could always run through the catacombs in full havels kicking skeletons off ledges then killing the necromancer :s

(You can also hit skeletons from far away with an arrow and they'll roll towards you and off the edge XD)
    sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:00 am

you can use Astora's Straight Sword wich is found by the undead dragon in the vally of the drakes it's the first divine weapon you find
    Make it a +5 with twinkling titanite

Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:29 am

Thanks, Sunbro. I'm playing my first game with a second character and was debating what devine weapon to use/make. Your solutions appears to be the fastest.
    Gowardo
    Gowardo
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gowardo Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:29 am

Bring it, thanks everyone for the advice! I went into Catas last night and didnt die once (mind you, Im SL 80 almost so I guess I left it for quite late/safe). Did Nito first try but then it was too late to go into totg, stupid work hours.

G

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:23 pm