Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Manus and his Pendant

Sergeant Soy
    Sergeant Soy
    Casual
    Casual

Manus and his Pendant Empty Manus and his Pendant

Post by Sergeant Soy Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:36 pm

Hello there! I feel I'm scaring people off with long posts (I can't help myself!) so lets get down to business. I'd normally put this under archives, but since it's talking about something from the DLC, I'm putting it here. Note: I haven't played the DLC yet, but I've seen more than is healthy.

So, I was thinking, why would Manus, crazy and out of control, want his pendant so darn bad? It's simple to me: It has dark power, and is a precious family heirloom, belonging to none other than the very first human, the Furtive Pygmy.

The dark power would be caused by the effects of darkness on the pendent, or an amount of humanity within, and the reverence is revering the Pygmy, while the nostalgia being the memories Manus had with him.

Manus became the Father of The Abyss when his humanity went wild because he kick started the spread of the Abyss, all for the Pendent which would ease his want of the memories and help reunite the Dark Soul a little more.

Well, what do you guys think? I encourage you to voice your opinions and what you think!

Last edited by Sergeant Soy on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added paragraphs)
    Purity
    Purity
    Casual
    Casual

Manus and his Pendant Empty Re: Manus and his Pendant

Post by Purity Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:21 pm

Nothing wrong with long posts, the problem is usually the way they're presented.

That scary wall of text doesn't really look very inviting, and to be honest I only read it because of the first line. A couple of paragraphs and some blank lines and it would've been much better.

On topic: I'm really bad at lore talk, but I'd point you towards epicnamebro's youtube videos (specially https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erCCundFCpw for this subject) if you haven't watched those yet.. He talked quite a bit about Manus, Artorias, and the Abyss. Really interesting stuff!
    SublimeSinner
    SublimeSinner
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SublimeSinner Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:50 pm

Zee medic is a spy!
    Sergeant Soy
    Sergeant Soy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Sergeant Soy Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:59 pm

Purity wrote:
    On topic: I'm really bad at lore talk, but I'd point you towards epicnamebro's youtube videos (specially https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erCCundFCpw for this subject) if you haven't watched those yet.. He talked quite a bit about Manus, Artorias, and the Abyss. Really interesting stuff!

Ha, funny thing is, I got the inspiration while watching that video! I watch ENB all the time.

Also, this is the first time I quoted someone. Yay!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 1:12 pm