Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

My thoughts on The Pendant, Manus, Gwyn, and everythign else. Lil bits here and there.

Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

My thoughts on The Pendant, Manus, Gwyn, and everythign else. Lil bits here and there. Empty My thoughts on The Pendant, Manus, Gwyn, and everythign else. Lil bits here and there.

Post by Shindori Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:18 pm

This comes from me reading another thread so hear me out.

(was making a huge post but I simplified it here)
    Player becomes lord of darkness after walking away from the bonfire.
    No more use for humanity; it accumulates within him.
    Character goes insane, morphed by the humanity.
    Character goes back in time, creating the Abyss as a safe place, locked away from anyone who might be endangered and going into a deep sleep.
    Serpents learn of this, and trick the people of Oolacile into waking him up.
    Character, now Manus, goes insane and in a fit destroys Oolacile, but Oolacile mages lock away Dusk to keep her safe, in the golem.
    Player, in the present, frees Dusk. Manus can feel her precense through time.
    With what humanity is left intact, Manus remembers his past as a human, remembering the broken pendant he once found, the one he then completed, trying to find its purpose. This was it. It was used to track the player. But seeing as it had been broken, he gathered all who had pieces in hopes of one day finding the player, himself.
    Manus reaches through time, abducts Dusk, then the player.
    Seeing as dusk is a princess, Elizabeth will do nothing to stop her safe return.
    Player is pretty much convinced that Manus must be defeated to halt the spread of the Abyss and to save dusk.
    Player defeats Manus, and saves Dusk.

In a nutshell.. the spread of the Abyss and abduction of Dusk was all a part of Manus' plan to trick his human self to destroy what a horribly mangled and distorted thing he had become. The abyss, however, was created to lock himself away from everyone and everything, to keep them safe. His own unmaking by his own hand was a second plan.

now how do Artorias and the knights fit into all of this? Nosey bastards who just can't keep to themselves, just like the serpents and people of Oolacile.

Also, how do I make all these connections?

The pendant is what Manus is after.
    The pendant is the one thing that drives all players insane.
    Manus is the Lord of Darkness, so to speak. Father of The abyss.
    the player becomes the lord of darkness if he walks away from the bonfire after defeating Gwyn.
    Bonfires are kindled with the left hand.
    Manus' left hand is the most visible part of him that was corrupted by humanity.
    this also leads me to speculate humanity is not stored in the body, but in the left hand itself.
    This explains why it was Artorias' left hand that was destroyed as well.

another thing...
    All of the main bosses have their own thing to protect. The gargoyles protect the bells. Quelaag protects her sister. Ornstein and Smough protect the princess. The lord souls.. well, they just went crazy. >_>;
    but Gwyn. what's he got to protect..?
    Everyone. from who? You.
    My theory is that Gwyn kindled the bonfire so that the events of the past somehow do not reoccur. If you kindle the bonfire, then his wish comes true. If not... then the events of the game unfold, because they begin at the very end.

PHEW, that was a nice typing session.
    I'm hoping I didnt forget anything vital to my theories... Thoughts?
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

My thoughts on The Pendant, Manus, Gwyn, and everythign else. Lil bits here and there. Empty Re: My thoughts on The Pendant, Manus, Gwyn, and everythign else. Lil bits here and there.

Post by Steel Dragon74 Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:43 pm

My theory has always been that Manus is us, as in the Dks community and that From put him in the game to say that the secret of the pendant is a mystery that will take a very, very long time to solve.
    Manus had been trying for millenium to find out what it does but still couldnt
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

My thoughts on The Pendant, Manus, Gwyn, and everythign else. Lil bits here and there. Empty Re: My thoughts on The Pendant, Manus, Gwyn, and everythign else. Lil bits here and there.

Post by Shindori Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:56 pm

Nice theory. c:
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:36 pm

Interesting... pretty fun theories. I can live with being a looper.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:45 am