Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
Argetlam350
IV_Mark_VI
Seignar
Hatsune Miku
The Letter X
THEOGLUIGI
ViralEnsign_
>Brave<
XachAttack
Onion Knight
ChizFreak
Mr. Tart
Serious_Much
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Heroez Blade
RANT
Knight Alundil
StockpileThomas
Juutas
FruitPunchNinja
Shindori
steveswede
Uparkaam
aceluby
johnnyjwa
Corporal Maxey
mugenis4real
31 posters

Has the removal of the BB changed you?

mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Has the removal of the BB changed you? Empty Has the removal of the BB changed you?

Post by mugenis4real Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:13 pm

I know it has definitely changed how I feel about the character I'm working on. Actually having to fight to get souls, journeying to places I wouldn't normally have journeyed to grab some gear, and finally feeling like the phantoms I summon are in this together with me (like my first play-through) instead of just two other super powered warriors. I feel like I'm reliving Dark Souls in sense.

I know that a powerful enemy now stands a good chance at taking me out. Iv'e had to watch my buddies bite the dust trying to protect me (one guy did a plunging attack with near no health to save me from certain death, he didn't even delay to pop a humanity...) and so on. Dark Souls lives!

Anyone else working on a post patch toon feel similar?
    Corporal Maxey
    Corporal Maxey

Has the removal of the BB changed you? Empty Re: Has the removal of the BB changed you?

Post by Corporal Maxey Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:15 pm

I've never even bothered with that glitch. People how use it mostly do it for low level pvp ganking with the best gear. These people are scum. I realize there may be certain people out there that just want to cut out some time from their playthrough but people just abused this glitch.
    johnnyjwa
    johnnyjwa
    Addicted
    Addicted

Has the removal of the BB changed you? Empty Re: Has the removal of the BB changed you?

Post by johnnyjwa Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:21 pm

I miss it. I'm a huge pvp nut and it was great for making all the pvp builds I wanna try. I pretty much just stick to all my old builds now because I don't want to play through the whole game twice just for one build that I may not even like...Pvp is the only reason I still play this game.

I know people abused it for low lvl griefing but ya...I still miss it.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:29 pm

This is the EXACT reason why I never used the glitch. You get attached to a character by playing it through, you get a sense of accomplishment even on mulitple playthroughs, and your skill level increases as you play through the single player using different tactics. I was always against that glitch and am glad they patched it. Don't like your SL120 build? Take it to 200.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:30 pm

Never used it. And I'm glad that it's gone.
    johnnyjwa
    johnnyjwa
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by johnnyjwa Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:35 pm

I get your point. But after beating the game like 50 times it doesn't matter what wep/armor setup I'm using it's still boring and not challenging anymore. It feels like I'm grinding and nobody likes grinding.

I understand it caused people grief. But for my specific situation (I know I'm not the only one) I liked it. It saved A LOT of time and allowed me to do what I liked doing.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:38 pm

Are there really that many of you who have never used it? It was fantastic for testing out various PvP builds without having to run through the entire game.

Of course I now see what it was that I was giving up. If I didn't like a toon, I thought nothing of throwing it away, but now I have to say that in a weird way...I care about my character? Kind of like how I would never delete my first ever Dark Souls (or Demon's Souls) account. happy
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:00 pm

I'll miss it because I can no longer make a character and keep loads of areas open up for invasions. The BB glitch lets you keep the covenant of Artorias ring so I can have the kiln open but still be able to get invasions in the forest because I don't have to kill Sif. It's not even a ring you can trade so those who like keeping areas open for PvP will now forever lose this option. Also I didn't have to kill my blacksmiths if I want their hammers or Vamos helmet. Some will say that you can just go to new game plus but do you want people to play the game fully twice on their ten character slots and lets not forget grinding chunks on 10 different builds which can take weeks to do if you want to fully kit out everything. I can say with confidence that I have completed this game over 100 times, grinding and completing this game for weeks to fully upgrade everything just for PvP is boring. PvP community will be affected by this because people will just move on to more fun things than to grind which will reduce the player base, reduce co op and will bring it to a point where it will be rare to summon someone entirely. You will still get low level trolls with maxed out gear because that's possible legit so in the end we all lose
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:43 pm

/staring at boobs/
    ....im sorry what?
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:52 pm

Corporal Maxey wrote:I've never even bothered with that glitch. People how use it mostly do it for low level pvp ganking with the best gear. These people are scum. I realize there may be certain people out there that just want to cut out some time from their playthrough but people just abused this glitch.

That is just false. Also calling people scum for using a widely used glitch is a little much. A majority of people who used it(just so you know,i would estimate 80% of this forums community did) used it just because they liked to be able to experiment with different builds in a realistic time. Most of us went to LVL 80-120 right away. Plus, griefing without the glitch isn't even hard. Making a fire +5 weapon is more then enough to grief people in burg/parish at low lvl, and forging one is EXTREMELY easy. I will admit, i'm glad they wont have fully upgraded pyromancy gloves that was probably the worst thing about it.

I platinumed the game, got every item, and was finished with my first sl 10 playhthrough before i had even heard of the BB glitch. I was doing low level PVP in the burg with a friend, and had a fire +8 claymore at sl 10. Someone accused me of BB glitching, saying it was impossible for me to have that powerful of weapon that early on. That is when i looked it up on you tube. Even after that i didn't really use it. Then i really got into trying different stat layouts, and just thinking out of the box with builds. The BB glitch was a god send in that sense. Wasting 10-20hrs to make a SL120 build that ended up being garbage was not worth it, and BB glitch gave me the ability to try anything i wanted. I do not really miss it, i do hate farming especially after not having to, but i have already tryed every type of build i could think of. So there is really no reason for me to need to "save time" anymore. Plus lets be honest, this game is going to die down very soon. It is a shame, i wish patch 1.06 could have been patch 1.05. I think my overall dark souls experience would have been a lot more enjoyable. Anyways, that is cool you never used it i didn't till i had literally done everything. Just don't call people "scum", that is just a little too much for something that means so little. To be honest, i really like the Demon's Souls glitch. Even on new playthroughs you still had to get the items you needed at whatever SL you were, it just eliminated grinding. I kind of hope the next game has something like that, except maybe have it be legit instead of a glitch.

Wave Bow

Last edited by FruitPunchNinja on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:54 pm

It is just frustrating to run through a game multiple times to get your character ready for dueling. originally you have to find the item in the game, but do you have to do it over and over and over and over again when making builds -_-
    I can live without the glitch and I didn't even use it that much, but it sure was useful when the single player has nothing to offer to me anymore and I just like making builds.

EDIT: +1 Fruit
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:02 pm

I've never used it, but I'm thankful to those who have, and have given me slabs and other rare items.

Praise the Sun
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:03 pm

People exaggerate how bad low level griefers are so much. For every griefer you ran into at low lvl in the starting areas, there were two summons that bb glitched(which in a way i think is worse, it really kills peoples first experience with the game more so then just getting 1shot by an invader. At least if an invader 1shots you, you can just keep going. If your summons just 1shot every mob in the area and then destroy the boss, it's gone. Plus, so many people ignore/forget this, invaders can invade any SL above them. That means that those griefers were constantly invading the SL80-120 dueling crowd that frequents the burg/parish. That is why there really just aren't many invaders at low lvl in the first few areas, because they don't want to just keep invading a world with a player 10x there SL.

ACTUALLY, since the burg isn't as lively due to the new areas/arena i bet low level griefing will be WORSE! What do you think of that lol!
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:23 pm

mugenis4real wrote:I know it has definitely changed how I feel about the character I'm working on. Actually having to fight to get souls, journeying to places I wouldn't normally have journeyed to grab some gear, and finally feeling like the phantoms I summon are in this together with me (like my first play-through) instead of just two other super powered warriors. I feel like I'm reliving Dark Souls in sense.

I know that a powerful enemy now stands a good chance at taking me out. Iv'e had to watch my buddies bite the dust trying to protect me (one guy did a plunging attack with near no health to save me from certain death, he didn't even delay to pop a humanity...) and so on. Dark Souls lives!

Anyone else working on a post patch toon feel similar?

This is exactly the reason why I try to tell pvpers not to use it. Doesn't matter how much time it saves when the character means nothing to you!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:24 pm

bb glitch RUINED pve, come one guys. i have used it to try out a bunch of builds which in the end i never pllayed much since i never got attached to any of them and i still use my very first build a lot more than any of them. i know it was awesome for the pvp community but keep in mind that we're a very small part of dark souls, most people that got the game either beat it about 3 or four time, maybe get the plat trophy and theyre done with it, maybe level up to sl 713. two things happened with the bb glitch to those people they either got constant invasions from twinks and theey raged quit(i know that they can play hollow but playing with someone is fun and invasions is part of cooping but with dark's **** connections most summons always fail) or they got a summon that gave them a damn +10 weapon and ruined the game for them which would lead to them playing it once or twice be done with it. i think that now its too late to have removed it since the damage is already done and at this stage of the game lifespan it just seems kinda pointless, thats my two cents on that.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:29 pm

It does kill me a little inside when i hear someone mention that they used bb glitch on their first playthrough. My friend who doesn't really play souls at all, bb glitched right after getting to orn and smo for the first time...That is why i liked the glitch in Demon's more, you always had to at least get the gear you wanted. It literally just eliminated grinding, which a lot of people just hate. I don't mind it in a lot of games, but it is annoying if you want to make a build that uses a rare drop and you just have no luck at all. I actually have STILL not go the pure bladestone drop in Demon's, i have about 200hrs into that game...
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Heroez Blade Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:32 pm

I loved using the glitch for creating builds and going through the game with decent gear.... I did go through it legit the 1st time and it does get very repetative and boring, so the BB glitch offered new and interesting ways of playing the game. I never really ran into people that abused it so i dont know how bad that was, but i never really saw anything wrong with it, especially for people that played legitly the 1st couple runs. It definantly saved tons of hours when I wanted to make a mess around class.

I am ok without the glitch because i already have the gear i want for most of the classes i use, but i sometimes wish it was still around for good reasons.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:50 pm

i used it to make pvp builds along with the dragon head glitch to reach lvl 120 in under 15 minutes, after beating the game a ton this was useful for me so i could experiment with various fighting styles, not much point in using it now though as i've got the builds i want, and the only thing my new character might want is the pierce shield....
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:56 pm

agree twinkly, if you had all this time to experiment with tons of builds thanks to the bb gltich and didnt get at least one you like then you will never find your perfect pvp build.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:58 pm

The removal won't change me, because I never BB glitched. Not once.

I'm glad about it too, I earned and crafted my toons myself properly and didn't wreck pve by rolling around in maxed gear.

All hail the death of the BB glitch, you will not be missed. lol!
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:16 pm

I honestly didn't use it that much. Although when i did, i did for the roleplaying. I've always loved roleplaying so i kinda just wanted to roleplay from the start and then just be done with the character y'know? Once for example, i went all silver knight, and pretty much just played through the game using only that. While you couldn't get the equipment in the Asylum, you still got it earlier than in a NG+. So those few times i did use it, i used it for RP. Because man, i love RP. So yeah, to me it's kind of sad that it's gone. Because it's always fun for me to RP. But i still love the game, and i'm happy that the people that DID(not saying everyone did, just pointing out those that did use it to...) use it to get an advantage over others, like for example griefing and killing lower leveled people can't use it anymore.

As to answer the main question more clearly: It hasn't changed much, other than the fact that i enjoy some aspects of the game less. Although in general i'm happy about the pvp now. But that's me.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:02 pm

StockpileThomas wrote:I've never used it, but I'm thankful to those who have, and have given me slabs and other rare items.

Has the removal of the BB changed you? 639795459

That could have been me. If you were in the Burg PvPing around the end of September up until the patch and got 98 of each slab, then your welcome. I was duping them and giving them to almost every one I met there. The funny thing about that though was that the invaders were dead nervous coming close to pick up items you dropped, like they were watching out for people who used it to get in a cheap shot, I even had to turn my back on them just so they would come over to me.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:11 pm

aceluby wrote:This is the EXACT reason why I never used the glitch. You get attached to a character by playing it through, you get a sense of accomplishment even on mulitple playthroughs, and your skill level increases as you play through the single player using different tactics. I was always against that glitch and am glad they patched it. Don't like your SL120 build? Take it to 200.

What if my skill can't increase anymore in PvE, and I'm tired of PvE, and I don't care about attachment to characters because I only love one, and already beated the game too many times I don't have anymore that accomplishment feeling because I know everything.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:13 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    aceluby wrote:This is the EXACT reason why I never used the glitch. You get attached to a character by playing it through, you get a sense of accomplishment even on mulitple playthroughs, and your skill level increases as you play through the single player using different tactics. I was always against that glitch and am glad they patched it. Don't like your SL120 build? Take it to 200.

What if my skill can't increase anymore in PvE, and I'm tired of PvE, and I don't care about attachment to characters because I only love one, and already beated the game too many times I don't have anymore that accomplishment feeling because I know everything.

Then that's a fine and dandy point of view you have there. Doesn't really mean much though. You can justify it to yourself any way you like but you'll never justify it to me happy
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:15 pm

I never used the glitch. I find pvp boring so yeah , never really had a reason to. But the way the series is going it's catering more and more to the pvp side of things (in terms of content and patches.) So eventually I'm just going to end up drifting away to another rpg at some point in the future. Heh.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:04 am