Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
Argetlam350
IV_Mark_VI
Seignar
Hatsune Miku
The Letter X
THEOGLUIGI
ViralEnsign_
>Brave<
XachAttack
Onion Knight
ChizFreak
Mr. Tart
Serious_Much
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Heroez Blade
RANT
Knight Alundil
StockpileThomas
Juutas
FruitPunchNinja
Shindori
steveswede
Uparkaam
aceluby
johnnyjwa
Corporal Maxey
mugenis4real
31 posters

Has the removal of the BB changed you?

XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Has the removal of the BB changed you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has the removal of the BB changed you?

Post by XachAttack Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:20 pm

I used the hell out of it experimenting with weapons and stuff. Going through the game with the equipment made the game really boring. When I heard the glitch was removed, I was a little bugged by the time needed to make new builds, but I have pretty much everything I like in this game in 2 builds.

I messed up my first build and was forced to start from scratch, all my maxed equipment was gone, all my items, everything. But to my suprise, I wasn't really bothered much by it. As I was running through the game I began to enjoy it again for what it is.

I can say that I'm happy it's gone.
    >Brave<
    >Brave<
    Addicted
    Addicted

Has the removal of the BB changed you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has the removal of the BB changed you?

Post by >Brave< Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:26 pm

The removal of the glitch is forcing me to make new characters and find all of the items I need again. The BB glitch kept players at a unseen brick wall; the game kept going but never felt any different thus leading to boredom and withdrawal. I'm glad that its gone.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:32 pm

I know I value the characters more. I only have 3 since I deleted my Dark Souls Saved Data.
    THEOGLUIGI
    THEOGLUIGI
    Regular
    Regular

Post by THEOGLUIGI Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:13 pm

No, I love playing through the game with new characters and builds. I can't even list all the times I have been playing through the game and found out I like this weapon because of it's moveset or hey what's that over there, or man this armor is actually cool, etc. You lose stuff like that by cheating because you rush through everything and are essentially over powered.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:19 pm

I just stopped making as many builds - less encouraged, I guess. I'm just hoping I can possibly feel that same feeling like my first playthrough from now on.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:43 pm

Never used it. So, no.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:49 pm

I'll make no secret: I abused it to no end. It was the ONLY thing that made me interested in PVP (Except for the new Pursuers). I don't know about you, but I wasn't about to waste all the PvE joy by rushing the content. Trying to make a PVP toon from scratch ruins the PvE experience because you DON'T want to do the PvE and having to go through parts of the game you already beat legit once, twice or 5 times tends to get very...boring.

Honestly, the BB glitch saved the PvE experience for me, because I didn't have to do PvE 100 times just to test out every possible build. If it weren't for the BB, I would have been VERY VERY bored of Dark Souls because of how many times I played the PvE, ON TOP OF FARMING, just to make 1 character...
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:15 pm

Glad it's gone, but agree with Rant; a lot of damage has already been done.

Invaders don't want to one shot people; but they're worried that the host has that kind of gear. Mainly everyone prefers a good fight, so I'm hoping with this removal that the power level will get toned down.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:26 pm

I used it once really, before the DLC came out I wanted a new character to use with the DLC but didn't want to grind to the level I wanted to have it at so I gave it a ton of boss souls to level it up. That's about it. Really never cared about it. I do see where PvPers (though I don't do PvPing much) are coming from but the glitch was to damaging to the game for it to stay.

I will say they should put something in that does have all armors and weapons to allow for endless PvP but something that is an arena or covenant (like ENB suggested in one of his newest videos talking about the future of the soul series).
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:13 pm

What's a 'garbage' PvP build?
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:18 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    aceluby wrote:This is the EXACT reason why I never used the glitch. You get attached to a character by playing it through, you get a sense of accomplishment even on mulitple playthroughs, and your skill level increases as you play through the single player using different tactics. I was always against that glitch and am glad they patched it. Don't like your SL120 build? Take it to 200.

What if my skill can't increase anymore in PvE, and I'm tired of PvE, and I don't care about attachment to characters because I only love one, and already beated the game too many times I don't have anymore that accomplishment feeling because I know everything.

PvP?
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:28 pm

Patch 1.05

Dark spirit "nameandwhatnot" has invaded your world!

o no, he has BKGA against my level 11!

Strafe, BS, strafe, BS, strafe, BS. =| Mkay. Next?

Patch 1.06

Dark spirit "nameandwhatnot" has invaded your world!

o no, he has "insert OP weapon here", encountered them all. WITH GUARDIAN ARMOR! zomg zomg zomg zomg...op op op op

strafe, BS, strafe, BS, strafe, BS, strafe, BS.

--

In conclusion, This removal does not affect me! People testing out builds they aren't good at! Strangely enough, I don't get indicted. Which pisses me off. I hear if you get indicted, you get to be the cool kids list. -.-
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:46 pm

Argetlam350 wrote:I used it once really, before the DLC came out I wanted a new character to use with the DLC but didn't want to grind to the level I wanted to have it at so I gave it a ton of boss souls to level it up. That's about it. Really never cared about it. I do see where PvPers (though I don't do PvPing much) are coming from but the glitch was to damaging to the game for it to stay.

Just wanted to clarify something for you, man, there are plenty of us PvPers who have been against the BB glitch from the start happy
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:19 pm

I was against it but I do kind of miss, or appreciate might be a better term, the ease at which it allowed builds to be made.... thats about it.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:50 pm

the only thing that has changed for me is the amount of time i have to invest in a new play through. i was going to get all that good stuff anyway…it just takes 100x longer now.
    Isirith
    Isirith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Isirith Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:54 pm

Glad it's gone, you have to take the time and plan accordingly now.
    Which is a nice change.
    And without being too much of an *******, playing through 'once' doesn't give you the right
    to cheat afterwards.
    And if it is 'that' boring to level a new character, perhaps Dark Souls isn't the game you
    should be playing for PvP.

And I never really understood people who play an RPG and then moan about grinding...
    Isn't that like playing a racing game and complaining about racing all the time?
    argotthar
    argotthar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by argotthar Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:07 pm

Ok. Was playing the game up to NG+++ and then my PS3 died. By that time I was playing PVP mostly and had helluva time getting new char especially for pvp as first one was beyond SL120.
    After getting new PS3 and having to start game all over again I was going for Platinum to make a game a bit more interesting. This time I was making my char as PVP one right from the start as I knew as soon as I get Platinum I would be back to PVP only. Got Platinum, NG++, SL120.

Literally seven days before DLC I found out about certain BB glitch and after checking it, was like - Ohhhh man I can have 10 PVP builds!! Immediately I used glitch and even that dragon head thingy to get all 9 chars ready with items from my main thus enough souls up to SL120. I was too lazy to use glitch for titanite slab farming or actually any farming.

Did BB glitch change my gaming experience? Thank you Lord, yes!
    I did all that can be done with PVE, clean and without any glitches and I'm glad the way I did it. BUT, PVP wise this game wouldn't be the same as I would be stuck with one char and for sure I would be bored after some time.

//Argo

p.s.
    All my chars are Forest Hunters SL100/120 so I never invaded poor souls at Burg with +15 Ricard's nor I intend to.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:00 am