Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
aceluby
WaffleGuy
Gazman0169
SlakeMoth
BIG TIME MASTER
eminusx
ICEFANG
GrinTwist
Bloodios
fujiphoenix
Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
FraktalZero
The Wandering Knight
BartholomewWenceslas
TheBigLebowski
Emergence
DoughGuy
mugenis4real
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
PlasticandRage
Azran
25 posters

Pendant use confirmed by Dark Souls creator.

SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Pendant use confirmed by Dark Souls creator. - Page 2 Empty Re: Pendant use confirmed by Dark Souls creator.

Post by SlakeMoth Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:37 am

I think it's a compliment in a funny kind of way. It shows that Myazake understood just how fanatical some players are and how much the 'Souls' games mean to us which shows he's taken the trouble to understand and take notice of our opinions. This is a good thing because it means that we get the good stuff too. I always thought the pendant was a red herring and never bothered about it. I don't begrudge him his little joke for one minute and I'll be a day one purchaser of the next Souls game (please God, let there be one) without a doubt.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Pendant use confirmed by Dark Souls creator. - Page 2 Empty Re: Pendant use confirmed by Dark Souls creator.

Post by DoughGuy Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:35 am

You know what, I reckon this is an elaborate set up. Next game he'll include another pendant that will unlock some super powered armour and weapons. but no one will touch it because of this.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:19 pm

What's the difference between this and being constantly butt-raped by Patches every time he turns up in a Souls game?

You all accept Patches griefing, and so why wouldn't you accept the Masters?

Hidetaka Mirayaki I salute you good sir! Pendant use confirmed by Dark Souls creator. - Page 2 945058907
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:27 pm

Well, the Pendant has SOME use. You can trade it with Snuggly for a Souvenir of Reprisal I believe Pendant use confirmed by Dark Souls creator. - Page 2 3358384175
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:33 pm

WaffleGuy wrote:Well, the Pendant has SOME use. You can trade it with Snuggly for a Souvenir of Reprisal I believe Pendant use confirmed by Dark Souls creator. - Page 2 3358384175

Exactly what I was going to say, it isn't completely useless, but by stating that a lot of people went through their first time basically w/out a starting item, making it more difficult for those of us who followed the release, their core audience. He did those people a favor.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:35 pm

@ eminusx, you hit the nail firmly on the head there. It is wrong to say that the Pendant has no use, as it exists to (for want of a better word) force the player to go through the game unaided, seeing as that every other gift will help the player at some point in their quest, but the Pendant is merely there for sentimental value.
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by eminusx Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:51 pm

Gazman0169 wrote:@ eminusx, you hit the nail firmly on the head there. It is wrong to say that the Pendant has no use, as it exists to (for want of a better word) force the player to go through the game unaided, seeing as that every other gift will help the player at some point in their quest, but the Pendant is merely there for sentimental value.

Miyazaki certainly seems like the sorta chap that would employ such a beautifully cunning tactic, DS is his baby, and from interviews its enormously important to him that gamers experience the game in its most natural, raw state, so to introduce an intricate bluff, knowing that gamers will scrutinise it and play it ceaselessly to discover its use is an ingenious device to put into the game. It has to be said, the guy is quite brilliant!
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:16 pm

DoughGuy wrote:
    lol I like this idea

One of those people one should feel sorry for.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:37 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:We should play an equally funny joke back and decide collectively to not buy his next game at all for like the first 3 days its out. And by we I mean like his entire western fan base

hahaha thats what I'm talking about!

ICEFANG wrote:Well time to end my life...

I know that feeling...

Off topic: Btw Emergence, whats up with your new av... nah, nevermind
    Pratix
    Pratix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pratix Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:00 pm

Emergence wrote:Yeah ok. No way any of us aren't buying that game Day 1. Most would give their first born to get it early. Some of us already have.

Maybe thats what Gwyn gave his first born for? Eh? Eh?

No? Only me? Okay.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:26 pm

In a sense it meant everything. For many, it was the catalyst to dig into lore, explore every nook and cranny of the game world and read every item description. Perhaps the attachment would be diminished without it.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:27 pm

That's a really good point Emergence. If not for trying to figure out the Pendent I never would have recognized the complexity that is the design of Anor Londo. I suppose I can thank it for that.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:51 pm

The pendant was really just a bridge to get others into the story and lore. It essentially had very little purpose in the game, but outside the game it was probably one of the most important items to the whole Archives for bringing more people in.

This is either a very clever trolling or a fail troll.

I'm going with clever trolling.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:54 am

Emergence wrote:In a sense it meant everything. For many, it was the catalyst to dig into lore, explore every nook and cranny of the game world and read every item description. Perhaps the attachment would be diminished without it.

Yes, I agree!! Thinking "out of the box" always reaps surprises and benefits!! big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 9:41 pm