Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
User1
densetsushun
Dubscythe
Fry1156
User
SlakeMoth
jsd201
skarekrow13
ChizFreak
13 posters

Playstation Vita Thread? Why not

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Playstation Vita Thread? Why not - Page 2 Empty Re: Playstation Vita Thread? Why not

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:19 am

I have bloodrayne. It's on my list of games Dark Souls took the time of. Had blobs before and loved it. Got MK when it was ten bucks for a day. Might have to make time for a duel someday
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Playstation Vita Thread? Why not - Page 2 Empty Re: Playstation Vita Thread? Why not

Post by ChizFreak Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:22 am

skarekrow13 wrote:I have bloodrayne. It's on my list of games Dark Souls took the time of. Had blobs before and loved it. Got MK when it was ten bucks for a day. Might have to make time for a duel someday

Just send me a message when you see online on PSN and we can arrange it!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:46 pm

Playstation Vita Thread? Why not - Page 2 Th10

Hello closer to the potential of the Vita's graphics!

They're not all screen shots but the ones that are, are awesome!
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:50 pm

Soul Sacrifice coming out in 2 weeks, yay.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:55 pm

I might end up waiting until my birthday for it but I have plenty of games in the meantime. Demo is out tonight and that will absolutely be on my Vita ASAP
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:42 pm

I got Soul Sacrifice already. Imported from Japan. silly
    Fry1156
    Fry1156
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Fry1156 Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:04 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:I might end up waiting until my birthday for it but I have plenty of games in the meantime. Demo is out tonight and that will absolutely be on my Vita ASAP

I'll be downloading the demo tomorrow, it's good that you can transfer your saves from the demo to the full game.

Does anyone know if you can play online with people from other country's or is it region locked?
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:04 pm

I'm waiting for some more games that interest me before I pick one up. All that interests me currently is Soul Sacrifice.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:47 pm

So I just killed my battery with the Soul Sacrifice demo....

I've yet to sacrifice a single thing. I have a lot of blue tendency
    Fry1156
    Fry1156
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Fry1156 Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:34 am

I went the other way most of mine is red.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:32 am

I bet you have an easier time finishing levels quickly. Although I find Grave Clod is pretty stellar for taking things out ASAP.

Anyway, now that I'm awake here's my initial review (haven't finished the demo yet, just finished Chapter 4 and went back and revisited some levels and read the lore sections).

First impression: A very solid "meh." This game got a ****ton of good reviews about how insane and different it was. All the way up until you meet your, "friend" (I'll try not to have spoilers) I was unimpressed. The first scene with the villain and the other guy.....pretty cliche. I do like the movement animation when you first see yourself though. That was a good idea. But overall I felt the whole thing was too Capcom-y at first. At any moment I expected Mega Man to jump in and start blasting the place up. From character designs to animations to voice acting it was all....."meh."

THEN....I met
    This really is a spoiler:

....and everything changed. The voice acting talent skyrockets as soon as this event occurs with many characters conveying more emotion in a single word than a lot of blockbuster games do in their entire series. There's one character who, in only four chapters, I've gone from hating, to pitying to adoration. Four chapters and I'm having moodswings thanks to this game. Your "friend" is a perfect blend of witty, creepy and charming that makes him seem like the most sinister being in the game.

Onto gameplay. Once you know some creatures weaknesses they're really easy but they've already explored a good amount of strategy in them. The Big Guy, you know who I mean.....I got rocked by him until I redid the board and changed my skills up. I read the lore section and was well equipped prior to going for flying creatures but otherwise I could see a problem with them. The idea that EVERY attack you can do has a cost is compelling. The rewards for beating the level more efficiently are also cool, I like how you can replay them to get new and even just more rewards you like.

Away from gameplay, I figured the initial character customization would be ok. And I was right, but then I saw you can remove the hood from all of the costumes and I was sold. I love my character's looks now.

The lore section? If you haven't read anything, definitely check this out. I felt justified for saving the one archfiend I've met so far after reading the description. The other two they list in there....well....I'm not so sure what I'll do when I meet them.

Long story even longer....yeah I'm gushing. This game is amazing so far.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:45 pm

Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:31 pm

Missed this thread. Love the Vita at this point and the library which used to be a knock is steadily increasing. I love how fighters are finding a comfy home here and are not being held back by the controls. I actually now find myself reaching for the Vita before the PS3 now.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:41 pm

If I preorder Soul Sacrifice I get a bunch of awesome stuff including skills and Japanese voice-overs...

STOP TEMPTING ME TO PURCHASE A VITA :C
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:42 pm

Buy one, and I will cure your life problems.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:43 pm

While €150 for a used Wifi only Vita is reasonable, I find myself holding off for some reason...
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:44 pm

I will cure your life problems..
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:47 pm

Like the psp it's also becoming a home for jrpg's and really unique quirky titles.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:50 pm

And this is a demonstration of the future if the PS4 hype is accurate.

Now imagine if a team was allowed to officially streamline this like they supposedly did for the PS4
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:55 pm

Soul Sacrifice is to have online co-op correct?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:57 pm

Have you played the demo yet?

They have several co-op missions that can be done until the full game drops online. Up to four players. Everything works beautifully. It's pretty awesome
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:00 pm

Yeah Skare, I'm really hoping that cross play, stream play and just developing for the Vita in general winds up being something profitable for companies. Because it is really an impressive piece of hardware.

And no I haven't played the demo but I will!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:01 pm

Check out the demo thread Chiz made. I have a pretty extensive review with a couple avoidable spoilers. They really did an amazing demo. They let you play enough story and see enough features to where you get addicted.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:06 pm

Emergence wrote:Like the psp it's also becoming a home for jrpg's and really unique quirky titles.
    I almost exclusively own JRPG's on my PSP, save for Gran Turismo. It's definitely a home for JRPG's for me. I'm hoping the Vita will push out more, amazing titles like Killzone, Mortal Kombat and Assassin's Creed. PSP seems to only be good for JRPG's which is sad, because it had the potential for more.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:08 pm

Demo thread? Why are there a million Vita themed threads?

Also I want Crunchyroll and MLB tv apps!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:55 am