Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
User1
densetsushun
Dubscythe
Fry1156
User
SlakeMoth
jsd201
skarekrow13
ChizFreak
13 posters

Playstation Vita Thread? Why not

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Playstation Vita Thread? Why not - Page 3 Empty Re: Playstation Vita Thread? Why not

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:17 pm

Lol....there's this one and the Soul Sacrifice one, at least as far as active ones.

For a wishlist, I want a reading app, I have a CFW PSP and it's great for reading.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Playstation Vita Thread? Why not - Page 3 Empty Re: Playstation Vita Thread? Why not

Post by densetsushun Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:42 pm

Please, stop asking for these stupid features, keep our consoles consoles! Nowadays you have phones and tablets that work much better than a Vita would, so why bother with that? Don't give Sony stupid ideas!

Home consoles are different of course, as home consoles are usually hooked up to TV's and can take advantage of such a large and beautiful screen.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:11 pm

How is a a simple app to access a streaming service a stupid feature? No one is asking the Vita to cook our meals, or bathe our kids. Sony doesn't dev those apps, the provider does, so it's no effort at all on their part.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:27 pm

Didn't mean to sound obtuse, so I'll apologise for that, but I referred to it as a stupid app because nowadays it's quite obsolete. It's like having Skype on the PSP when you have a lot better options. On the other hand though, those who only have a Vita could find them very handy.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:32 pm

I agree on one hand but on the other hand ideally one device should cover all things especially for someone on a budget. The Vita is the only portable device for serious gaming so I'd love for it to go a step further and free me and my wallet of the need for an iphone and an ipad just to cover my services. And since I'm often on the go, the less I have to carry the better.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:37 pm

It is handier to have one device to cover your needs, but we've all seen devices that try to be everything at once and fail when it came to delivering anything decently.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:46 pm

Yup and that's why I would only ever ask for features after making sure it is a great gaming device. But the Vita is that already. Sony built the platform and functionally the things is flawless. Now it's up to all the third parties to take advantage of that and anything that gets added at this point won't be at the expense of a great gaming platform.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:06 pm

What E said. I have a phone that can that but the vita is bigger with a nicer screen. Netflix is amazing on it. Reading on the phone is nice, the Vita would be better. But yeah, gaming should be first
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:10 pm

Fully agree. I'm still waiting for the studios to step up and invest R&D in this platform.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:24 pm

I think (hope) that the Vita was just a bit too forward thinking and it's clumsy integration with the PS3 is what was holding it back. Built with an eye towards the future and the integration with the PS4 is what should launch it.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:31 pm

I'm of the opinion that the Vita was part of their long term rebranding plan for the Playstation brand. You can see it with the release of the Vita, the colour scheme turned to blue with slightly different icons for the action buttons. Shortly after they released the PS3 Super Slim, new branding included, and after that they revealed the Playstation 4.If anyone remembers from the event promo, the promo had a heavy focus on the new branding. It may seem a bit premature as they released it towards the end of the PS3, but I think it was because of rebranding.

We also see this if we draw parallels between the Vita's capabilities and the PS4 being presented as an affordable console geared towards gamers.

Speaking of the PS3 integration, how does remote play work on the Vita as opposed to the PSP? Are you allowed to play more titles with Vita as the screen or is it as limited as it is on the PSP?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:41 pm

It's just as limited as the psp was. About the only thing that plays on it is ps1 classics which you can just put right on the Vita in most cases (aka the games I personally have). It's a feature that is not widely used at all. I've used onlive on my phone and that can play wii level games so so.

I'm hoping that their gaikai acquisition and promise of better ps4 remote play pans out
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:20 pm

Soul Sacrifice demo is great. Definite buy.

As far as gaikai, I am hopeful it will be an option for the Vita. Should overcome some of the space limitations of the current memory sticks, and the cartridges are just soooo small I'm afraid to do anything but digital. So far I've been using my PS3 as a storage spot and swapping games in and out. The cloud saving of plus helps that along but it is still a bit tedious.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:36 pm

It works well for me because I'll play a game until I'm done and then erase it (keeping the save data if course). I can see how frustrating it is for anyone that's not me though.

With how well the online works we could have Soul Sacrifice nights with forum members pretty easy
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:42 pm

Yeah unfortunately I am the kind to play several at once, since I like to cover my genres, so cloud based gaming sounds lovely to me. Soul Sacrifice nights sound good to me, seems it will be a deep game in the same vein as Monster Hunter and Dragon's Dogma. Also, PS store needs a wishlist feature a la Steam.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:45 pm

I'm seriously collecting extra items from the demo in expectation of using them in the full game.

Tragedy alert: It's probably gonna be a bday gift so I won't have the game right away
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:22 pm

Excited for Muramasa and Dragon's Crown later this summer. Especially Dragon's Crown. Loved Odin Sphere on PS2 and expect more greatness from the Vanilla Ware/Atlus partnership. Can I just go on record and say Atlus is one hell of a publisher? They have a knack for taking risks and presenting gamers with unique titles. I'm just beyond happy with what they did for the Persona 4 version for Vita.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:29 pm

Atlus is pretty awesome for sure. And I'll admit it....

I really wanna get Tearaway
    Fry1156
    Fry1156
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Fry1156 Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:44 pm

Has anyone played Thomas was alone, it's a very simple game but I've really enjoyed it so far.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:37 pm

If I wasn't already backlogged with games from ps+ I'd probably get that. Looked interesting
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:54 am

So I just saw an article with the brilliant title:
    "Soul Sacrifice sequel for PS Vita not as far fetched as you think"

Uhhhhhh.....

1. The first one hasn't even seen global release yet....why the hell would I be thinking about a sequel?

2. If, for some reason, I was thinking of a sequel before I got to play the first one all the way through.....literally everything everyone has said about this game is how amazing it is. With that in mind, on a scale of 1-10 with one being my opinion that there will not be a sequel and ten meaning I'm convinced there will be a sequel, I would likely already be under the impression that a sequel would happen based on the buzz the game has been getting. Probably somewhere around a 7 or 8 on my scale. So if a sequel is "not as far fetched" as I personally think, the logical conclusion is that it must be LESS likely than I think since I'm already pretty sure they'll want to keep making money.

If you're writing an article to tell me "Soul Sacrifice sequel, discussion taking place" then.....that might be a better title.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Tue May 07, 2013 2:54 pm

BlazBlue and Knytt Underground are free for Vita this month on Plus amongst others. Blaz is the real star. Even if you aren't crazy about fighters, it has a ton of content and modes.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue May 07, 2013 3:03 pm

Maybe I should start the Vita downloads even if I don't have one yet...
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Tue May 07, 2013 3:06 pm

I would, so that you don't lose out. Once you download it you can slave the PS3, or if I'm not mistaken you can delete and redownload again and again.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue May 07, 2013 3:16 pm

Yeah, or I could "purchase" it on the computer and let it sit there till I get a Vita. And at least it won't stare at me and judge me for not having a Vita like a physical copy does...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:15 pm